The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lv37 on my DC stamplar

Tell you what, grinding dolemns in Bangkorai for 4hours nets you pretty much 1-2 levels in Fighters Guild skill line. I'm almost at lv 8 and I'm half way through lv37.

That is kinda awesome.

Though I am missing a ton of skill points.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    That is because all the AD on Shor were bribed to come to Vivec to support his majesty.

I don't recall taking any bribes but maybe I'm just getting old.

Or maybe you don't run with the wrong crowd.
    There are still many good AD players, but a few imports are a little shady, we will leave it at that.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The AD population is a little on the ridiculous side, and that same emp. smh
    Oh well EP deserves it they all deserted to AD.

That’s what my friend told me. AD is hardcore zerging in that campaign. It goes back and forth it seems. D.C. takes over at night, AD during the day and EP...I don’t know lol
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and EP...
    ...are busy rolling yellows.

I can understand why. I think EP has won the main 30 day CP campaign what, three times in the past 18 months?

People can only take a beating for so long before they either quit the game or move to the "winning side"

Those of us left on EP get to see our former guildies in our death recaps... and with the same ol' emp spamming the same ol' stuff for more than a year, it's enough to make anybody want to leave and do something new.

Speaking of which... my character's currently level 7 in Hew's Bane and I'm enjoying the change of pace :smile:

PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i piggy backed into vivec last night to get caught up in the last emp keep fight. That same emp SMDH. It’s like a replay of 3 months ago before I switched to khastav . Dethroned an hour after I got off. Couldn’t take it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not that I'd ever leave the main 30 day cp map - but, even if I wanted to, where would I go?

got on late last night (around 11pm pst) - there were 3 yellow bars, 2 red bars and 1 blue bar for Vivec...

I yellow bar in Kyne, 1 red bar in Shor - that's it...

i don't know if faction locking will fix this, not sure if providing insane buffs and AP rewards to low pops will help - but, it sure seems as though pvp participation in cyrodiil on our platform/server is dwindling...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    ...and EP...

I can understand why. I think EP has won the main 30 day CP campaign what, three times in the past 18 months?

People can only take a beating for so long before they either quit the game or move to the "winning side"

Those of us left on EP get to see our former guildies in our death recaps... and with the same ol' emp spamming the same ol' stuff for more than a year, it's enough to make anybody want to leave and do something new.

Speaking of which... my character's currently level 7 in Hew's Bane and I'm enjoying the change of pace :smile:

So agree, and the bolded part is destroying fun PvP on Vivec.
    I am so for changing the rules so you can only be Emp once per campaign so that hundreds of other players would have a shot at it.
    No one person(s) (account) should be able to control a campaign for so long.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 19, 2017 4:44PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on a lighter note - after playing my struggling stam sorc (i have plenty of power on the character, just suffering from low health and an inability to get his rotations smoothed out), finally switched over to a different character...

wow, playing my mag dk (who has recently switched from 5 light/2 heavy to 5 heavy/2 light) and boy was it a much better and easier game play experience...

it will take some getting used to losing some weapon/spell damage when the wrath passive goes away - but, for those of my characters that have a melee range fighting style - heavy armor is extremely useful...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I have been playing on my stamblade again....
    hit the emp in Kastav with a 19k incap yesterday.....

GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    ...and EP...

So agree, and the bolded part is destroying fun PvP on Vivec.
    I am so for changing the rules so you can only be Emp once per campaign so that hundreds of other players would have a shot at it.
    No one person(s) (account) should be able to control a campaign for so long.

I agree. It would require changing how things Work leaderboard wise but it would be nice if they changed it.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took about a month off but briefly checked into Cyro yesterday. It was during the day so not too much action. I went out and captured a few resources around Chalman and Ash. I saw a fellow AD getting attacked and I went to jump in, I went with the destructive reach, and then toppling charged into a loading screen only to wake up dead. Ahhh, welcome back I guess. I was proxy/destro bombed at Ash farm when capturing it too. So you know, same old, same old. Otherwise, I managed to get a few kills and logged off. Oh, and on the way back from Chalman I saw a level 14 EP riding a bear. I pulled up next to him pacing him with my elk then I hit the retreating maneuver jets when he dismounted. I didn't want to kill him, he's just a little guy!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stick a fork in it - this campaign is done...

actually been done for over a week...still about 12 days or so until reset...

really just wanted to post and express - my love for heavy armor :p

not looking forward to the new armor rules - heavy losing wrath and needing to have 5 pcs of an armor type equipped in order to use that skill ability...

but, i get it...makes sense...

anyway - last 3 characters I've played: mag dk (5 pcs heavy), stam dk (7 heavy), stamplar (7 heavy) have been having a blast in cyrodiil...challenging for most players to kill, plus able to hang out and fight inside large melees...

for myself it seems - it's easier to "find" weapon and spell damage for my characters then it is to build for health...

just equipped maw of the infernal and wyrd tree, along with plague doctor on my stamplar...

i was having trouble with players poisoning me all the time in werewolf form...don't have to worry about that anymore with wyrd tree...

I gotta be honest - I've always had this dream of having a deadroth fighting by my side while in werewolf form - because I'm light attacking so much while in werewolf form trying to bleed everyone to death, the synergy with the maw proc works great...

my uptime on the deadroth is fantastic - on top of that, the deadroth's fire attack is absolutely blinding, it fills the screen - i know it must be annoying to others :D ...lots of fun...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 22, 2017 7:36PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like PvP is done with all the faction stacking.
    Something needs to change to balance population.
    Sorry to be negative Nancy but I think I may have had enough.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind - the only trouble is, I'm finally starting to put some decent builds together...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started leveling a StamSorc in Cyrodil. All rewards gear. It has been difficult getting around with my slow horse but battle seems better on lowbie toon. That negate is sweet for keep taking. And it’s my only ulti atm LoL

Btw, where is red in all this? You see yellow constantly pushing for emp than complain about the emp. My daggerfall brethren just can’t seem to coordinate anything but a nightcap. Just gimme caltrops and lemme get outa here.

Heck with your filthy queen you yellow scum.

For the covenant
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's too many people who want Cyrodiil to be a personal playground for them and their friends.

I think I've pretty much reached the limit myself. Most of our guild moved to another game for PVP so I might have to check it out.

I'll still use ESO to feed my mounts :)
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's too many people who want Cyrodiil to be a personal playground for them and their friends.

I think I've pretty much reached the limit myself. Most of our guild moved to another game for PVP so I might have to check it out.

ummmm, Is playing pvp in a video game not supposed to be a playground for my friends and I? ..I am confused..is it an actual war? or a video game that I am supposed to be having fun on?

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

ummmm, Is playing pvp in a video game not supposed to be a playground for my friends and I? ..I am confused..is it an actual war? or a video game that I am supposed to be having fun on?

If you're fine with faction hopping then ok, I guess that's how ZOS wants PVP to be.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're fine with faction hopping then ok, I guess that's how ZOS wants PVP to be.

for the 90000millionth time, faction swapping is far from what is killing pvp the most....it is a small percentage of people who play different alliances who do anything nefarious..and those that do, they should face consequences..but besides that who is anyone to tell me or anyone who we can play with and when? I am fairly certain we all paid for this game, we all should be able to play for whomever whenever....

SO let's talk about things that are actually harming pvp to a high degree...first the up in AP gains for keep takes..horrible idea, terrible idea...takes people away from the idea that killing people is the way to go and pushes them to focusing on taking keeps rather than fighting people. There are people who legit ride around cyrodiil taking resources and empty keeps and will avoid fighting anyone..but yeah that promotes a healthy environment .....now another thing this has helped usher in is more and more unkillable build (hard to kill anyway) meant for tanking adds more than killing people..I understand the concept of pvp tanking, but are tanks really tanks when half the population seems to be them? Or are the just status quo now? I may be ranting, but I have watched a steady decline in the performance and gameplay being tweeked in a way that promotes zergy gameplay, and as somebody who has been playing this game for a long time, it is troubling. RIP Solo Play, RIP small group PVP, RIP ESO

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to mention the constant nerfs to things that combat the zergs.....destro ults, clever, proxy, vd......if you are going to embrace the blobby zerg style ZOS, why not let us have some fun wiping them? Why nerf the zerg bombs?

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for the 90000millionth time, faction swapping is far from what is killing pvp the most....it is a small percentage of people who play different alliances who do anything nefarious..and those that do, they should face consequences..but besides that who is anyone to tell me or anyone who we can play with and when? I am fairly certain we all paid for this game, we all should be able to play for whomever whenever....

SO let's talk about things that are actually harming pvp to a high degree...first the up in AP gains for keep takes..horrible idea, terrible idea...takes people away from the idea that killing people is the way to go and pushes them to focusing on taking keeps rather than fighting people. There are people who legit ride around cyrodiil taking resources and empty keeps and will avoid fighting anyone..but yeah that promotes a healthy environment .....now another thing this has helped usher in is more and more unkillable build (hard to kill anyway) meant for tanking adds more than killing people..I understand the concept of pvp tanking, but are tanks really tanks when half the population seems to be them? Or are the just status quo now? I may be ranting, but I have watched a steady decline in the performance and gameplay being tweeked in a way that promotes zergy gameplay, and as somebody who has been playing this game for a long time, it is troubling. RIP Solo Play, RIP small group PVP, RIP ESO

AP gains. Absolutely.

Actually I think that one of the reasons a lot of people are jumping around is so that you can get max AP on all your characters in a single campaign. And the easiest way to do that is to cap empty keeps or join the mega zerg of one alliance rules all and steamroll over everything.

Either way, the map sucks because we have been spoon fed an addiction to AP. It's the only thing that has value in PVP.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t get much enjoyment out of killing anyone really. I just want to take their keep and get big AP. And get big AP from resources. I prefer to be in a huge Zerg because it sucks taking a keep solo
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the 90000millionth time, faction swapping is far from what is killing pvp the most
    Hmmm - can't say I agree with that. The motivation for this swapping in many cases seems to be because the players in question are tired of being outnumbered. Moving to the higher-pop faction exacerbates the problem for those who remain behind. Maybe when PvP was very active it didn't matter, but IMHO those days are gone.
    we all should be able to play for whomever whenever....
    Well, there are two sides to that coin. Imagine if, in the middle of a football game, players on the losing team were allowed to switch sides... My point is, Cyrodiil is team-based play. If you allow team members to swap sides in the middle of the game, you're not likely to achieve a fair balance given that PvP population isn't sufficient to pop-lock a single campaign for some factions (I haven't had to queue for vivec in weeks, even at peak times)
    SO let's talk about things that are actually harming pvp to a high degree...first the up in AP gains for keep takes..horrible idea, terrible idea...takes people away from the idea that killing people is the way to go and pushes them to focusing on taking keeps rather than fighting people.
    Again, respectfully disagree. The goal is to win the campaign, which currently is accomplished by capturing and holding property not killing players. There's battlegrounds for that style of gameplay. ZOS discovered that Cyrodiil was turning into a big tower farm and keeps/resources weren't being flipped. They elected to reward players whose actions helped further their alliance's objective of winning the campaign. It also spreads the action out. I kinda support that.
    ...now another thing this has helped usher in is more and more unkillable build (hard to kill anyway) meant for tanking adds more than killing people..I understand the concept of pvp tanking, but are tanks really tanks when half the population seems to be them?
    Agree with this. Some players and groups have this down to a science, and my squishy nightblade can't even burst some of them down more than 10% of their health (and my weapon dmg is 4200 buffed). I can't hurt them, much less kill them. They can sure kill me though... lol - Props to them for their builds, but it sucks to be me :smile:

Destro trains have harmed PvP more than they have helped. If they were meant to be zerg-busters, then the damage should be small when used against small groups and large when used against zergs (multiply based on people within the AOE) but it doesn't seem to work that way today.

I feel for folks who are tired of feeling outnumbered. Like I said a few posts ago, many respond by either swapping sides or leaving PvP completely. That's not good news for ZoS or the players that remain. I don't have answers though.
    PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a shooter, was supposed to be objective based AvAvA by taking resources while killing players along the way.
    Never was small scale in any way, that is a player made mode in this game.
    That being said Cyro is large and has plenty of places where organized small scale could be played if people would get together and plan it. Trying to force small scale in between the zergs is not going to work. And it is a ridiculous idea to think that 1vzerg is supposed to be possible. For heaven's sake stop piling onto AD so there is some competition.

Edited by TequilaFire on October 23, 2017 4:09PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a shooter, was supposed to be objective based AvAvA by taking resources while killing players along the way.
    Never was small scale in any way, that is a player made mode in this game.
    That being said Cyro is large and has plenty of places where organized small scale could be played if people would get together and plan it. Trying to force small scale in between the zergs is not going to work. And it is a ridiculous idea to think that 1vzerg is supposed to be possible. For heaven's sake stop piling onto AD so there is some competition.

I understand how to small scale and get an ap farm going, and if you think bg's are a viable small scale alternative, you're sadly mistaken.
    You are also sadly mistaken about it never being small scale..there were groups that thrived in small scale for a long time, and there still are groups capable of it..the issue is people would rather flip an empty keep than to fight over that resource, there is no motivation to do anything but zerg and flip keeps unless you want to be frustrated by getting run over and bagged by some cp 178 guy who was not on your death recap..but hey maybe the zerging life is fun for some of you, spamming aoes, chasing the 1 or 2 guys across the map, sounds like a grand time....my point is that ESO is supposed to be a "play how you want"game, but pvp is not really that way anymore....also I have been AD since day 1, so nobody is pilling on, I have my other alliance toons to play when the AD side is too clustered..Also anyone who has been around since launch would understand that the population advantage is going to fluctuate between the 3 alliances due to people quitting and whatnot along with people swapping sides

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme I see all your points besides the football reference ( I also happen to be a HS coach so it did make me happy that 2 things I love were merged in your post) .
    Simply because this is not real life and it is a game, if your motivation is to swap and doing shady stuff, then I agree that there should be something done, but as its stands, restricting people to play 1 alliance in each campaign is just not feasible with the current number of campaigns

• brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see players swapping and doing shady things as the problem... I see players swapping to the winning team (because nobody wants to be the loser) as the problem. Most players have alts on every alliance, so when they get frustrated they are simply able to switch sides and become a "winner."

PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPed on DC for the first time this weekend.

Everyone seemed to enjoy having me there, no salt, no hate. Covenant players seem to appreciate that I was helping out.

Ran into one guy from yellow who was ganking inside of Roebeck. He was legit going to gank me, but stopped himself to stand up and stare down my blue toon right in the face. After an awkward 15 seconds he takes his leave without harming me.

I mean, it's OK to fight me guy, just as long as you know what you're asking for. But I guess the sheer shock of him seeing me on a different alliance was enough to observe and respectfully take his leave.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on October 23, 2017 4:52PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who tf would swap to fight less people?? that seems silly

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who tf would swap to fight less people?? that seems silly

I did 2.0