The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow...this is a biggie from the pts notes...
    Armor
    Light Armor
    Annulment: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Light Armor.
    Medium Armor
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.
    Heavy Armor
    Immovable: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Heavy Armor. We also increased the duration of this ability to 20 seconds from 13.5 at Rank IV.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    We wanted to make each of the armor types feel more distinct from each other and have you make a more impactful decision when selecting Light, Medium or Heavy. Immovable’s duration was increased duration to help it feel different from the other abilities that provide major Resolve and Ward, and make it worth the button press for tanks who wish to spend Stamina in this way.

yikes...who needs resource poisons anymore...
    Champion System
    The Tower
    Siphoner: This champion passive now reduces the enemy’s Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 25% at 100 points, up from 15%.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    Siphoner will now be a better counter against builds that are able to live for an extremely long time through healing and resource restore.
    Edited by geonsocal on October 3, 2017 4:09AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea!!!

this miserable, non-competitive campaign is finally coming to an end today...really looking forward to the reset...Vivec hasn't had really competitive AvAvA for objectives in weeks...

can't wait to see what non-vet epic jewels i'll get...i still have 2 non-vet characters that i'm in no rush to level up...

i had planned on keeping them in 5pc and 4 pc crafted sets along with a matching epic 3 pc set jewelry ...so, i've been scouring guild traders all around tamriel to find good deals (my cost limit on epic non-vet jewelry is around 3k)...

it hasn't been easy - but, i've started acquiring a good bit of the jewelry, which now has me thinking of maybe incorporating a dropped set in to the non-vet's build...

was neat to see AD showing up early and grabbing emp yesterday...hopefully both AD and EP will make strong pushes to begin the campaign...

been spending a lot of time in tamriel recently - just going through some of my characters to refine their attributes, skills and rotations...

for the most part - i'm fairly happy with everyone's gear setups at the moment...there are a couple of monster set tweaks i'd like to make - but, nothing too urgent...

was in bal foyen yesterday picking up those three skyshards there - holy cow - i had completely forgot just how "buff' the resource nodes are in the starter zones...

i read a lot about people making money farming (i keep all mats, most weapons, and almost all jewels :o) - they must be referencing farming in the starter zones - cause it definitely feels like the land of plenty there...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a chance to get in just as the campaign was resetting...it was weird - i captured 3 keeps (one which was a mission/quest), several resources, turned in a player bounty - and wound up with a whopping 11k AP, after that...i'm not quite sure what is going on with the scoring after the campaign resets...

it's not often i happen to be on when the campaign resets...next time i may just have a character whom has the 20% AP buff (for killing a delve boss), with a bunch of the cyro missions/quests completed and ready to turn in...

i don't think the wanky AP scoring slowed down some other folks too much though...after 2 hours there were already a few people over 100k AP....that's some serious mass killing for ya :p

i may be beginning to suffer from pvp burnout...more and more i've been enjoying pve type stuff with a lot of my different characters...just more relaxing at times...

it's a lot easier to work on refining your build when you're not all caught up in the "blood lust" of pvp...

"payout" for the last campaign was: 161,955 coins, plus 20 pieces of epic jewelry...i need to seriously go through my bank and start selling off all the duplicates...

haven't checked through all the stuff i received yet - but, i think the only set i still need from cyro is the blessing of the potentates...

although without any "special" weapons (maelstrom, master, asylum) - i'm not sure how good a 2pc monster, 5 pc whatever, 3 pc jewelry, plus random weapons setup would be...

finally took the plunge and bought the "banker", tythis...definitely does make things easier...

my mission this month may just be to build up skill points for all my different characters, and, only have a few characters compete in the war...
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came across the AD Emp last night my time. An Alfred Hitchcock movie came to mind :D
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, gooch on Warden.
    Lots of birds! lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came across the AD Emp last night my time. An Alfred Hitchcock movie came to mind :D
    Yeah, gooch on Warden.
    Lots of birds! lol
    yep, gooch out there terrorizing women and children...
    03b322ce027a73ecd390b1ec155f007b.gif

yeah okay - i'm in there somewhere too...

honestly, other than the time he was a yellow emp and came in to DC chat to troll some folks - i have no problem with him at all, or, his playstyle...

he's one of the more "visible" emps i see out and about on the map...and, normally not rolling with a large group...

what i find fascinating - is the amount of time he invests in to pvp, after only 24 hours or so in to the campaign he's already at about 1.9 million AP...

i just checked on youtube and he has 400 plus subscribers...good for him...hopefully he can find a way to get paid for killing us all :p
    Edited by geonsocal on October 5, 2017 5:42PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's cyro looking like now-a-days?

Left to focus on some blue toons.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy prisoner - too funny, something you had written on another thread has been keeping me busy away from the war...

you had mentioned how you had leveled up your medicinal use, gourmand, connoisseur, and undaunted mettle in order to give your characters a good chance to compete...

that made good sense to me - so, I've been spending a bunch of time in the other zones to gather skyshard/skillpoints and work on leveling the undaunted skill lines...

last night when I checked - AD was sitting at around 1,200 points, with EP trailing by around 300 points and DC trailing them by about 100...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 5, 2017 6:51PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily 'a good chance' to compete, those passives just help push your stats farther. I don't have undaunted 9 on ANY of my characters and still do well.

The food/drink/alchemy bonuses are good for keeping those up longer.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on October 5, 2017 6:56PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think I may just be a tad bit burnt out on fighting folks at the moment...

it's been so peaceful lately just taking different characters through zones they haven't explored...a lot of those zones I haven't been in much or fully explored in a long time...

I'd like to finish all the public dungeons on my main one of these days...

most of my characters went straight to cyrodiil when they reached level 10, and, haven't really built up a lot of skill points to make switching up skills easier...
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you were on for that depose O tick @geonsocal I saw you on a blue later but didn't see you at Roe

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're going DC?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

You're going DC?

Eventually
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you were on for that depose O tick @geonsocal I saw you on a blue later but didn't see you at Roe

it was very cool watching you out in action @Curragraigue :p

ugh, I logged in to cyrodiil around 11pm...i was just gonna hang around for 30 minutes or so...2 hours later and i'm falling asleep at the controls...

was having a bunch of fun on my stam dk (goodbye shuffle :'() doing that mindless aleswell to bleakers battle against EP...

lots of killing them at the farm, then getting wiped at bleakers...

that time if night - it's mostly the "pros" out there killing each other...

saw mention of roe in chat a few times - what sort of o-tick did you get at roe?
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    32k tick with the flags

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

ugh, I logged in to cyrodiil around 11pm...i was just gonna hang around for 30 minutes or so...2 hours later and i'm falling asleep at the controls...

was having a bunch of fun on my stam dk (goodbye shuffle :'() doing that mindless aleswell to bleakers battle against EP...

saw mention of roe in chat a few times - what sort of o-tick did you get at roe?

Just brought that NB in to Cyrodiil day 2. Started rank 1 and I think I'm almost a grade 2 corporal. Hopefully make Captain by campaign end.

Was a fun fight at Roe. We managed to zerg Ash and Nickel before heading to the final Emp keep. Large group of yellows with the Emp and reds were pushing for Emp so a fair size of reds trying to back cap. Ended up having to open all three sides on the inner with red on one side and skirmishing over to blues side and blue at fd. Over I think about 2 hours a lot of forward camps, siege and wall repairs were used.

Emp and yellows were bombing the back flag hard. We finally got it because red sieged the hole and back flag their side and we cold fired the other side where AD were trying hole up to bomb the back flag. Killed enough that we could push back flag and then defend the red attempt at a back cap.

Good fights and a close one. Yellow were trying to take another keep at the same time and Red held them off.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just brought that NB in to Cyrodiil day 2. Started rank 1 and I think I'm almost a grade 2 corporal. Hopefully make Captain by campaign end.

Was a fun fight at Roe. We managed to zerg Ash and Nickel before heading to the final Emp keep. Large group of yellows with the Emp and reds were pushing for Emp so a fair size of reds trying to back cap. Ended up having to open all three sides on the inner with red on one side and skirmishing over to blues side and blue at fd. Over I think about 2 hours a lot of forward camps, siege and wall repairs were used.

Emp and yellows were bombing the back flag hard. We finally got it because red sieged the hole and back flag their side and we cold fired the other side where AD were trying hole up to bomb the back flag. Killed enough that we could push back flag and then defend the red attempt at a back cap.

Good fights and a close one. Yellow were trying to take another keep at the same time and Red held them off.

that sounds like a pretty freaking awesome fight...

absolutely love those dethrone emp battles...especially with some hot AvAvA action...nice o-tick :)

holy crap - you are flying through the pvp ranks...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 6, 2017 11:15PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done two Stam NBs in Cyrodiil before so I know the ropes with the class but doing a Mag NB for a change of pace and to join the bomb meta :#

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a sleepless weekend I got emp in the Shor campaign. It's a whole lot of fun but I don't think I have the energy to do it again.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a sleepless weekend I got emp in the Shor campaign. It's a whole lot of fun but I don't think I have the energy to do it again.

great job - congrats @reiverx ...i hope you have a nice spot to place your throne at :)
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

great job - congrats @reiverx ...i hope you have a nice spot to place your throne at :)

At the back. I couldn't get a good camera view with me sitting in it.

rm1ky56.jpg
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy all :p

took a bit of a vacation and break from eso...had seriously considered bring along the ps4 - but, decided to give my thumbs a break...

got in tonight for a couple of hours...played my mag dk and for some reason ended up fighting a bunch at the bridge...partly to test out some new gear...

just switched from 5 light/2 heavy to 2 light/5 heavy...feels much much better...trying to compensate for the magicka loss by slotting flames of oblivion and switching from tri stat food to witchmothers brew...

actually did pretty well and had a bunch of fun...

22 days in the campaign left, EP on top with 9.1k, AD at 9k and DC trailing with 8.4k...

gooch and waxlock each have about 9.2 mil...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 12, 2017 7:33AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank goodness i'm a casual player...was on last night and just had one of those nights where for the first couple of hours i was always 30 seconds to a minute behind arriving in time for the flag to be flipped (just doing a poor job of reading the map)...yeah, i know - doing none of the work but expecting all the rewards - boo on me :p

on top of that, i ended up wiping a few times on outpost/keep flags...that's always a bit of a disheartening experience...

most of the night though i spent switching up abilities and trying to find some decent rotations on my EP bosmer stam sorc...

i'm determined at the moment to figure out how to effectively proc and use the molag kena set:
    Molag Kena Set
    (1 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (2 items) When you deal damage with 2 consecutive Light Attacks you trigger Overkill for 6 seconds, which increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 516 but also increases the cost of your abilities by 20%.

i'm currently using 5pc hawk's eye (once i get a hold of a markman's bow - i'll probably switch to that set) on my bow bar and 5pc sword singer on my 2H bar...

for awhile i was bound and determined to use both my bow and 2H abilities plus crystal frags and mages wrath...

i just couldn't make it work - so, now i'm just focusing on using my weapon abilities for offense...

also, trying to figure out how to fit in empowered ward, hurricane and shuffle all into my rotations...it's looking like i'll need to drop one of those abilities...

you would think by now i'd have most of my characters down pat after playing them so long - but, still experimenting a bunch after all this time with some of my builds...

Edited by geonsocal on October 13, 2017 9:09PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick update...busy weekend, did get in for a few minutes (which in reality equals about an hour of gameplay :p) late last night...

AD is now ahead by about 2k...both EP and DC are virtually tied...

let's all hope most AD become fixated on farming Bleakers until the score tightens up a bit...

right now though, it would seem the player pops favor AD...

time to ride them EP and DC toons :)

last night was a bit brutal - after around 11pm US west coast time, pvp turns into mostly small scale...

I hadn't played my EP magplar in about two weeks...ported in to chalman (at that time most of the "action" was at bleakers and blue road keep lumbermill)...got jumped a couple of times around Bleakers by a couple of different nightblades - it was funny, once I was stuck in stun the whole fight (which to be honest didn't last very long)...

might of just been me last night - but, thinking my magplar may not be the best character suited towards 1v1...

I have resources poisons on all my guys now, which is definitely helpful for small scale fights - but, I'm having a real hard time ever equipping them...just wish they weren't in the game...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 16, 2017 6:15PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AD population is a little on the ridiculous side, and that same emp. smh
    Oh well EP deserves it they all deserted to AD.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AD population is a little on the ridiculous side, and that same emp. smh
    Oh well EP deserves it they all deserted to AD.

EP all went to Shor, where they are keeping everyone else gated.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is because all the AD on Shor were bribed to come to Vivec to support his majesty.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it definitely seems like the pvp pops overall have dropped significantly...
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is because all the AD on Shor were bribed to come to Vivec to support his majesty.

I don't recall taking any bribes but maybe I'm just getting old.
    Edited by reiverx on October 18, 2017 11:03AM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by reiverx on October 18, 2017 11:02AM