The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gave him Major protection and Major force. Dude ran up and Incap ed that DK and took off half of his life.

Healed him for 8k crit when he roll dodged toward me.

It’s a beastly ultimate
  • Twist67662
    Twist67662
    ✭✭
    I love good fights and that being said I now have run into a couple of players who are cheating using moded controllers I was killed in front of roe by a night blade spaming poison injection death recap only show the last five hits before death when I started get hit to the time I died was less than a second and a half it sounded like a silenced machine gun going off no way he wasn't using rapid fire and as of now there has been only a couple others but with the amount of players on both sides I know that the ones that are cheating is a very very small percentage.Has anyone else run into any of this!
    " If it bleeds you can kill it ! "
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t say I have. I heard the Xbox Elite controller can do some stuff like that, but I don’t know if any PS4 controller that can. What do I know, I only use Sony issued controllers, haha.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmmm, i have no doubt there are some folks out there cheating their butts off...

which is weird cuz a whole lot of folks are recording their game play; and, my understanding is if you use "mod'd" equipment with your playstation it's not zos you have to worry about - but, the sony folks...

I've seen vids of some weird stuff - but, it's really hard for me to tell what exactly is going when suspicious stuff happens while i'm playing cuz of all the crazy lag issues at times...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 20, 2018 12:28AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Twist67662
    Twist67662
    ✭✭
    you can buy moded cntrollers and mod packs that alow you to make a lot of changes to how you play just wish i recoreded that one moment like i said death recap only shows the last five i'm tanky as hell when i get hit and it sounds like a silenced machiene gun going off i mean i was hit more than 10 times in 1.5 secs haven't seen hardly any body doing this just wish i hadn't gotten pissed and resed at tent to go get even
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there are many PS4 modded controllers that add macros, rapid fire and jump shot which can auto fire when you jump.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A modded controller can't reduce the global cooldown on skills so it's not able to make all skills hit at once or any faster than what you can do on a normal controller. The only thing that can do that is lag.

It's been happening more and more lately with snipe and other skills as well, even oils. It's just more noticeable with snipe because of the channel and travel time it can be more easily exploited.

The game is just way out of sync, I don't know how many I've died to what seems like nothing and I'll be reading my death recap and 2 seconds later I'll see the people jump into the screen doing all the abilities that killed me after I've already been dead on the ground for 3 seconds. Gg Zos!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    A modded controller can't reduce the global cooldown on skills so it's not able to make all skills hit at once or any faster than what you can do on a normal controller. The only thing that can do that is lag.

It's been happening more and more lately with snipe and other skills as well, even oils. It's just more noticeable with snipe because of the channel and travel time it can be more easily exploited.

The game is just way out of sync, I don't know how many I've died to what seems like nothing and I'll be reading my death recap and 2 seconds later I'll see the people jump into the screen doing all the abilities that killed me after I've already been dead on the ground for 3 seconds. Gg Zos!

While they can't defeat the GCD they do improve on the human twitch reflex time and automate rotations so the less skilled player doesn't have to remember effectively increasing DPS drastically.

• Twist67662
    Twist67662
    ✭✭
    hey everybody this is the last i'll say about this . i do agree with sanctum i get those lag kills where no one seems like they are around me then poof my magi and stam are instantly gone and two seconds later i'm on the ground trying to figure out what the hell happened but this time there was no perceived lag audio and visualy i know what i saw and heard and i really hope that for the life of me tht in some way that it was lag, allright enough of me crying bout sometime i can't control , last night was awesome great fights this is why i pvp for me it's not about when the boss get to 50 percent hes going to spwan adds and do this every time! i love fluid ever changing enviroments and that's cyro I've been
    pvping since the summer of 2015 in one campaign or another and this time i really hope vivec doesn't go anywhere an that i'm really home.

Ok one more lag story , your in a zerg on zerg fight and let say you are moving dow a hill and as we know when we get hit with a big stun we are laying on the ground for a second or two so now when i'm laying there my body is lifted up in the air carried back up the hill over top both zergs then boom right back to where i was i haven't die to this yet but it's happened five maybe 6 times now and it does not happen fast it's slow and i mean slow all i can do is just watch and laugh.

So as always thank you all for play and lets all keep having fun
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Modded controllers do not "increase dps drastically" and there aren't cheaters on the consoles in significant numbers if at all. What you perceived as cheating is likely a bug in the game or lag or just skillful play (lets pretend skill is still relevant in ESO just for this one sentence). @geonsocal @TequilaFire

On a side note Conan Exiles, even with its many issues, puts ESO to shame. What an amazing game and one that truly revolves around player skill with its Dark Souls inspired combat and intense survival elements adding to the difficulty. Love hearing the casual scumbags on its forums squeal about how hard it is. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Modded controllers do not "increase dps drastically" and there aren't cheaters on the consoles in significant numbers if at all. What you perceived as cheating is likely a bug in the game or lag or just skillful play (lets pretend skill is still relevant in ESO just for this one sentence). @geonsocal @TequilaFire

On a side note Conan Exiles, even with its many issues, puts ESO to shame. What an amazing game and one that truly revolves around player skill with its Dark Souls inspired combat and intense survival elements adding to the difficulty. Love hearing the casual scumbags on its forums squeal about how hard it is. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

If these controllers didn't work there would not be a market for them.
    And only having to press one button instead of 3 to 4 definitely automates and perfects DPS.
    I know you like to focus me but I wasn't the one that brought it up just presenting facts.
    And electronic devices aren't up for debate, they just function.
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 20, 2018 8:15PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some should do a video of their rotation with a normal controller and then one with the geeked controller.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I think the point is a chipped controller allows less skilled players produce results that more skilled players are capable of with less effort.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frankly, i have never got my ass whipped as bad as when i started playing eso...

shooters, sports games, etc. i've always been good, in eso i feel like bottom 10% in pvp and frankly most times it felt like i've been at a disadvantage somehow... but was it cheating controllers?

can these controllers "assist" with animation cancelling?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twist67662 wrote: »
    hey everybody this is the last i'll say about this . i do agree with sanctum i get those lag kills where no one seems like they are around me then poof my magi and stam are instantly gone and two seconds later i'm on the ground trying to figure out what the hell happened but this time there was no perceived lag audio and visualy i know what i saw and heard and i really hope that for the life of me tht in some way that it was lag, allright enough of me crying bout sometime i can't control , last night was awesome great fights this is why i pvp for me it's not about when the boss get to 50 percent hes going to spwan adds and do this every time! i love fluid ever changing enviroments and that's cyro I've been
    pvping since the summer of 2015 in one campaign or another and this time i really hope vivec doesn't go anywhere an that i'm really home.

Ok one more lag story , your in a zerg on zerg fight and let say you are moving dow a hill and as we know when we get hit with a big stun we are laying on the ground for a second or two so now when i'm laying there my body is lifted up in the air carried back up the hill over top both zergs then boom right back to where i was i haven't die to this yet but it's happened five maybe 6 times now and it does not happen fast it's slow and i mean slow all i can do is just watch and laugh.

So as always thank you all for play and lets all keep having fun

Your second story is called rubber banding for obvious reasons. If you are getting that it sounds like you are having connection to the server issues. The first story is then highly likely to be a lag issue. The other player has done a lot of skills/attacks chained together with animation cancels and your connection to the server hasn't been up to it so there is a delay in you getting the animation on your screen.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    frankly, i have never got my ass whipped as bad as when i started playing eso...

shooters, sports games, etc. i've always been good, in eso i feel like bottom 10% in pvp and frankly most times it felt like i've been at a disadvantage somehow... but was it cheating controllers?

It’s not, ESO just has a high skill cap in PvP and PvE and like all things and life some people will just naturally be better at it then others. These “modded controllers” are extremely rare if they are are even used at all, and certainly wouldn’t be a reason why people may wreck you.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wozborne wrote: »

It’s not, ESO just has a high skill cap in PvP and PvE and like all things and life some people will just naturally be better at it then others. These “modded controllers” are extremely rare if they are are even used at all, and certainly wouldn’t be a reason why people may wreck you.

TL;DR = get good general :p

defining "success" in cyrodiil can be a little tricky...

i'm only so so in 1v1's, not that great at all in 1vX's, mediocre AP gains - yet, i normally die a whole lot less than the number of folks I rez or kill...

which to me means - I don't suck...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

And only having to press one button instead of 3 to 4 definitely automates and perfects DPS.
    I know you like to focus me but I wasn't the one that brought it up just presenting facts.

Assigning numerous commands to one button is a bannable offense. The modded controllers are for players who prefer them over the normal controller either because they like the button layout better or the controller better. Thats the market for them. No assigning a macro slice to a button is not what happens. People are really good at animation cancelling, the game has been out for 4 years. Its not hard to do and lag on top of skillful animation cancelling can make it seem like people are cheating but they aren't. Its really that simple.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assigning numerous commands to one button is a bannable offense. The modded controllers are for players who prefer them over the normal controller either because they like the button layout better or the controller better. Thats the market for them. No assigning a macro slice to a button is not what happens. People are really good at animation cancelling, the game has been out for 4 years. Its not hard to do and lag on top of skillful animation cancelling can make it seem like people are cheating but they aren't. Its really that simple.

Oh BS they are used all the time in many games you ate very uniformed if you think otherwise I know people who openly admit it in this game. No one cares if it is a bannable offense because it is very difficult to detect.
    You really think that if someone has one they aren't going to use it? Just LMFAO.
    On PC macros are used all the time. Think what you want but you are wrong.
    But this doesn't belong in this thread so I'm done.
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 21, 2018 12:05PM
  • Twist67662
    Twist67662
    ✭✭

Abysswarrior45 wrote

I had a great time this weekend in pvp but thanks to A busted hand I'm having a lot of trouble if A fight lasts more than A minute it's like my hand craps up and I can't press any buttons if was just pain i could deal with that so I gave pvp in vivec A break last night and gave Conan Exiles A try , and I'm glad I did what you put into it is what you get out all you got when you start is A lion cloth that's it .pretty cool game thanks abyss
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also modded controllers out there for people with disabilities.

The best use I have found for one of my Hori controllers is to use the turbo button to craft very large stacks of potions and provisioning. That way the controller presses 1 button for me while I do something else, like clean up around my area.

Doesn't make a lot of sense why I have to press 1 button to craft one consumable. Wish I could press Square and "craft all" of the ingredients I have all at once.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 21, 2018 1:54PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s a popular one I looked up for a minute. Google Nacon. I doubt it would really help in Cyrodil though. Oh, and you have to hook it up to a computer to program it. Yuck oh. i switched to PS4 to avoid all that nonsense in the first place.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in PVP on Saturday for the first time in weeks.

The lag was pretty bad but the thing that bugged me the most was the god-awful mount slowdown. I guess I must have numbed myself to it over the last year, so after playing Witcher 3 it was really noticeable and made me quit after an hour.

I can't put into words just how much I am stoked for Friday.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a lot...i'm still looking though the notes - i started getting a little depressed though, and, had to take a break...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413283/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-0-5-summerset-update-18#latest
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is there to be depressed over? The AP Credit list is a big improvement for Cyro. Will also help stop people from just Zerg surfing without doing anything and make people actually help out.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is there to be depressed over? The AP Credit list is a big improvement for Cyro. Will also help stop people from just Zerg surfing without doing anything and make people actually help out.

i don't know - the fact that so much *** changes to gear and abilities so often...

that I feel compelled to read through all these changes just to stay "competitive" in pvp...

hmmmm, maybe I've been playing too much fortnite lately where I can just log in and go kill...

they took away those cool purple eyes from my mag sorc...

as far as cyrodiil changes - adding a new quest board, but, still only have 25 quest slots available...

buffing the npc resource guards, nerfing the ballistas which i like to use...

*** with my AP leeching techniques :#

most likely cause though - it's monday...and, i just don't feel like being at work :)
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

i don't know - the fact that so much *** changes to gear and abilities so often...

that I feel compelled to read through all these changes just to stay "competitive" in pvp...

hmmmm, maybe I've been playing too much fortnite lately where I can just log in and go kill...

they took away those cool purple eyes from my mag sorc...

as far as cyrodiil changes - adding a new quest board, but, still only have 25 quest slots available...

buffing the npc resource guards, nerfing the ballistas which i like to use...

*** with my AP leeching techniques :#

most likely cause though - it's monday...and, i just don't feel like being at work :)

It will be all good homie, a few patches ago were supposed to be the death of templars.....love my magplar better now....then it was the change to siphoning was gonna break nbs......zaan is gonna break pvp..never happened......the game will be ok, you will be ok....whatever they change, you will find a way to make it fun and enjoyable.....also hit 136k on my soulassault while testing it on my dummy....on a khajiit..so yeeah..that seems legit :)
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you rock wazzz, you rock captain...

yeah, i'm just being whiny at the moment...

for some reason at work, folks keep asking me to ship stuff that costs more to ship than the actual value of the material - shipping a $250 monitor cart to the netherlands will run you about $1,250...c'mon man...

giphy.gif

one good thing about being old - it's hard to maintain the necessary energy to remain upset for very long :)
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414127/several-bugs-in-cyrodiil

I like how the forum emoticons don't include an eye-roll... probably hidden from overuse.
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More curious about the point system,

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414106/campaign-scoring-is-broken#latest

Elder Scrolls are 10 points each with Summerset FYI. Look at the screen shot from the PC-EU guy, AD with 176 points with a morning cap of Cyro.