The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »
    @Sanctum74 nah feel free to rant. When AD has all of the map It does get really boring. It's times like those when they control the map for too long, makes me want to make a red or blue char to even out the campaign. But then I would be apart of the problem though.

What do I do? :| I guess PVE

I used to get bored when DC would zerg the map too. I'd log in, see too much blue then go do other things. I've still had some good times despite the AD population explosion. I get zerged down by groups but still manage to get a kill or two first sometimes.
    It's frustrating to be constantly outnumbered but I can still have fun and enjoy a few victories. Been running my MagDK heavy attack build a lot for keep defence and melting some of these guys in 2 or 3 shots from a keep wall will always keep my spirits up.

This is why i built a bomber
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil would be a lot better and more population balanced if they just shrunk Cyrodiil way down and made the player cap per Campaign instance around 1 bar for each alliance and have multiple instances of Scourge, Skull, ect and treat them more like game modes rather than Campaigns.
    Edited by Twohothardware on March 28, 2017 5:11AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried out a weird healer build of yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by how much goofy stuff I got into
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 28, 2017 11:41AM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried out a weird healer build of yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by how much goofy stuff I got into

Tell us about the build. What were the results.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

It's 5x pc Shalk, 5x pc Kagnerac[heavy], 1x Troll King, 1x Rkugamz, its CP spec'ed towards support through healing with no damage. With that on my high elf magplar I get 30k HP with emp buff and I am hard to take down as a healer.

Gonna try going vamp for mist-- since LoS is a thing i need to do more on Temp. And I need an escape to make this build better
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 28, 2017 5:55PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

It's 5x pc Shalk, 5x pc Kagnerac[heavy], 1x Troll King, 1x Rkugamz, its CP spec'ed towards support through healing with no damage. With that on my high elf magplar I get 30k HP with emp buff and I am hard to take down as a healer.

Gonna try going vamp for mist

Nice, why not 2 piece troll king? Just curious
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still need shoulder, but yeah i would prefer 2x troll
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still need shoulder, but yeah i would prefer 2x troll

I meant to buy troll king when it was on sale but fell asleep that sunday night too early. I would like troll king for my dk tank when in pvp personally. I need to bother myself to do pve.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 1 heavy 1 light when it was on the golden. The shoulder is harder to get cause of RNG ...
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 1 heavy 1 light when it was on the golden. The shoulder is harder to get cause of RNG ...

Yea obviously ill run the dungeon at some point. Might get started tonight. I have a new charachter who needs the skill point for completing dungeons
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    randomly coming across @Takes-No-Prisoner in Rawlka and then 30 minutes later see @TequilaFire fishing :)
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    randomly coming across @Takes-No-Prisoner in Rawlka and then 30 minutes later see @TequilaFire fishing :)

Pix or it didnt happen. Lol jk
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh it happened. lol
    Still skunked by the Zebra Pompano!
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 28, 2017 9:20PM
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Bad time to be a DC. Constantly being gated in Scourge, hordes of AD dropping destro ultimate every fight. DC doesn't even bother to show up to defend keeps anymore, not that many DC or EP are still playing because of the zerging.
    Set my guest to Skull to see if I could get a fair fight in. Got into a fight against 3 EP I recognised from Scourge and of course, they drop a destro ultimate on me.
    PvP is no fun right now with these cheap tactics and zergs.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the DC and EP are on AD.
    Really don't know what they are trying to prove other than how to ruin a server.
    I don't even blame the mainstay AD, it is all the alliance jumpers.
    Is that gold junk which is always the same really worth it?
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 29, 2017 11:38AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all want that 10,000 gold lol
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really don't know what they are trying to prove other than how to ruin a server.

Them rings tho...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So i tried this again yesterday with Vamp. I got thanked in zone chat for helping to pull a clutch win at BRK and Sejanus against red. Red was making some serious pushes on the back flag and I showed up to spam Remembrance and Healing Springs.

Had a 3v3 fight with 3 blues outside of Nikel. Was with a MagSorc and MagPlar DPS, I would heal them and kite away if the blues tried to get on top of me. They really could not burst me down once I Mist formed away. There was really only one or to instances where Mist form didn't help me get out. Every other time, like at Arrius' front door, I could Healing Springs/Rememb and if it got too hot I could just Mist out of the AoEs to safety.

Only problem is HoTs bring me into combat CONSTANTLY, I have to suicide inside of keeps in order to get out of combat. The plus side is, because they are keeping me in combat, I can go AFK inside of a keep after a battle-- and the Ult will just NOT STOP ticking up LOL. That is a small nit pick, and with Vampire its really easy to suicide since my health regain is so terrible. On average, I can pop Remembrance almost twice every minute, normally I can pop it every minute and a half with Shalk armor on.

Looking into the future, with Battlegrounds, this build seems like it would work REALLY well in small 4 man teams. It cannot kill anything, but with how tanky Vampire/Heavy armor is, plus with Shalks healthy buffs on jewelry, I feel confident it'll do really well in that kind of fight. It's not invincible like goodguys build is, but its really hard to burst down without getting focused by more then 3+ people. Even then Remembrance is a great go-to panic button if they start focusing, leaving the other team mates to assist me and probably would kill some of them for trying to focus me.

As for Shalks Minor Heroism, the interesting thing about this is I don't have to attack anything to enter combat. If I'm sitting back and using Healing Springs or Orbs, if the guy I am healing is in combat, it brings me into combat too. That is the beauty of this set.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 29, 2017 1:42PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

So i tried this again yesterday with Vamp. I got thanked in zone chat for helping to pull a clutch win at BRK and Sejanus against red. Red was making some serious pushes on the back flag and I showed up to spam Remembrance and Healing Springs.

Had a 3v3 fight with 3 blues outside of Nikel. Was with a MagSorc and MagPlar DPS, I would heal them and kite away if the blues tried to get on top of me. They really could not burst me down once I Mist formed away. There was really only one or to instances where Mist form didn't help me get out. Every other time, like at Arrius' front door, I could Healing Springs/Rememb and if it got too hot I could just Mist out of the AoEs to safety.

Only problem is HoTs bring me into combat CONSTANTLY, I have to suicide inside of keeps in order to get out of combat. The plus side is, because they are keeping me in combat, I can go AFK inside of a keep after a battle-- and the Ult will just NOT STOP ticking up LOL. That is a small nit pick, and with Vampire its really easy to suicide since my health regain is so terrible. On average, I can pop Remembrance almost twice every minute, normally I can pop it every minute and a half with Shalk armor on.

Looking into the future, with Battlegrounds, this build seems like it would work REALLY well in small 4 man teams. It cannot kill anything, but with how tanky Vampire/Heavy armor is, plus with Shalks healthy buffs on jewelry, I feel confident it'll do really well in that kind of fight. It's not invincible like goodguys build is, but its really hard to burst down without getting focused by more then 3+ people. Even then Remembrance is a great go-to panic button if they start focusing, leaving the other team mates to assist me and probably would kill some of them for trying to focus me.

As for Shalks Minor Heroism, the interesting thing about this is I don't have to attack anything to enter combat. If I'm sitting back and using Healing Springs or Orbs, if the guy I am healing is in combat, it brings me into combat too. That is the beauty of this set.

Very nice. You should consider using lingering health pots to compensate if health recovery is an issue.

Troll king would fix it to when u get it.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery isnt a problem right now. I just abuse the low recovery so I can get out of combat inside a keep. The 2x pc Troll King would be not for me, but for everyone elses benefit not necessarily mine.
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I have started to notice a few people that have played blue on AD now, although they are not dedicated DC players. A lot of them came from other alliances.

I would usually get my AD up to tier 3 for the gold but I have no interest in adding to the problem. If things don't change next campaign I will probably drop out and stay in Skull. It's still zergy, full of templar tanks and has poisons flying around everywhere but I'm not getting flattened by full groups everywhere I go. Some good EP and AD groups in there too so the fights were fun last night. Seems to be a lot of the EP in there have come from Scourge.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back on blue last night...using the extra xp to work on my non-vets (I still have 3 of them)...i have a yellow stam nightblade at level 49 (holy cow hubzee - freaking me out how quick you leveled your new character :)), can't wait for him to go vet now...

reaching tier 3 rewards (100k AP), only takes around 5 hours or so of game time per character these days...

1st place = 19.5k gold + 5 epic items
    2nd place = 10, 625 gold
    3rd place = 6,250 gold

plus each character gets 3.3k gold for staying in the same campaign (loyalty reward)...

personally, the gold is good (make around 200k per month in scourge with rewards plus selling items)...honestly even more than that - I really like playing each character (I really need to start focusing on just 3 or 4 per campaign - it's amazing how much my performance improves playing a character 2 or 3 days in a row)...

I think in many instances - most of us, based on our time zone (and work schedule) have a very different PvP experience...add into that the fact that many of us cross faction play...

for the most part - I can find fairly balanced fights all the time...

very cool to hear about your healer build...i've only just recently started trying to play one...

the only thing I might change in the future is the time I play in IC...normally if I'm just jumping on a different character I'll play in cyrodiil - it takes me a day or so of playing on one character to be able to successfully compete in IC, particulary if i'm playing solo...i've changed many of my builds just to compete in IC, but, cyro is just mindless and easy fun...

recently, although AD is up by around 3k or so point wise - I've seen the map all red and all blue...funny thing is - when you do get pvdoored and have to go take back your keeps and scrolls - lots and lots of AP from that...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 29, 2017 6:05PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad there is not a loyalty reward for staying on the same alliance during a campaign. :'(
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad there is not a loyalty reward for staying on the same alliance during a campaign. :'(

that was good :)

I was wondering earlier how much different might my pvp/eso experience be if I had really dove deep into the lore (I know more than my share); but, other than 'a song of ice and fire' i haven't really invested that hard into any fantasy realms for awhile...

my characters themselves are more like tools (hmmmm, i wonder if they might say the same of me) than really "unique" individuals...

if I was more of a social person and I had invested myself deeply into a particular alliance/guild - would i feel differently...i would imagine so...

i was a level 25 breton nightblade doing work for the daggerfall covenant (similiar setup i had in skyrim), when i tried my very first group dungeon (spindleglutch)...

at that moment I realized just how useless that character was...i was having a lot of trouble in 'backwater blade' :D at the time also - spent more time cloaked than anything...

next day I made a nord templar for the ebonheart pact...had to have an altmer sorcerer, so I started working for the queen...from there it was easy...

i've learned to stay away from pvp groups now...i do enjoy small group stuff, mostly when I play in IC or if I'm running dungeons - dungeons are kinda boring to me without talking :p

I tend to avoid fights by dolmens, delves, fishing spots, skyshards, pretty much most random encounters :o ...most of my participation occurs around the emp keeps or defending alliance keeps...

i got a question for ya all - just like EP has 'glory for the pact', AD 'for the queen' - what's the DC one?

I know it's not 'we're blue and there's just more of us than you'...

man, there was a lot of blue starting off this campaign...about 10 or so days left, I wonder if they'll make a late push?
    Edited by geonsocal on March 30, 2017 1:13AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lore series on the Elder Scrolls on YouTube. If you have a hour or two to spare, it is worth listening to a lore scholar go over how the Elder Scrolls universe started.

The series does give a nod to ESOs time period by trying to make out the wars that broke out during and after our time period.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 30, 2017 11:39AM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lore series on the Elder Scrolls on YouTube. If you have a hour or two to spare, it is worth listening to a lore scholar go over how the Elder Scrolls universe started.

The series does give a nod to ESOs time period by trying to make out the wars that broke out during and after our time period.

I have watched this..it is good stuff

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, gave a lot more meaning to Lorkhan's(Shor) actions and why this great spirit was important to the creation of Nirn and the Mundus as we see it

And also the fact that the Redguard tribe are aliens from a different dimention!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 30, 2017 1:44PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, gave a lot more meaning to Lorkhan's(Shor) actions and why this great spirit was important to the creation of Nirn and the Mundus as we see it

And also the fact that the Redguard tribe are aliens from a different dimention!

and the badassery of Argonians...ps you want my healbot build? it is fairly op :)

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and the badassery of Argonians...ps you want my healbot build? it is fairly op :)

sure :love: I usually don't copy pasta other peoples builds, cause I'm weird 1.0

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sure :love: I usually don't copy pasta other peoples builds, cause I'm weird 1.0

I feel you....It is a simple build..I will send it your way