The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I used to really look forward to getting into PVP after work. Now I can hardly stomach a half hour of it. There was something about the Morrowind update that killed it for me.

whoa...that's interesting...any idea what it may be?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw you out the front of Ash a few hours ago @geonsocal
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was chasing a blue that was trying to get away in front of Fort Aleswell, as I hit my execute I said oops that is @geonsocal.
    Sorry about that! :D
    That was some big blue zerg though.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 25, 2017 12:48PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game hit a new low for me today. A group of 8 to 10 AD took Arrius lumber mill which is nothing unusual and we promptly took it back. The AD soon returned and took the lumber mill again. What I then noticed was about 6 to 10 EP standing on the pylons overlooking the lumber mill not fighting the AD even though the small group of us were having trouble. I recognized some of these players as AD on their EP characters. The AD were not attacking EP standing on the pylons.

What this turned out to be was a cross faction farm of the Arrius lumber mill. As one of these players was a guildie I asked him why the AD was not attacking him, answer was respect as they were friends.

OK where is the respect for his EP friends then?
    I just decided to bug out and not participate in this cross faction pile of dung instead of jumping in thinking I had backup.
    I guess the guildie participating is what stung the most.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 25, 2017 4:47PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uh oh... @Curragraigue & @TequilaFire - you guys are outting me :)

I'm trying to finish up all 10 of my characters to tier 3 and actually played both DC then AD alliances on Sunday (I tried to make sure there was at least a six hour difference or so)...

hopefully you all saw me dying some glorious deaths...i hate dying by getting shot in the back while trying to run away :#

it happens though - a lot...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I'm trying to finish up all 10 of my characters to tier 3 and actually played both DC then AD alliances on Sunday (I tried to make sure there was at least a six hour difference or so)...

hopefully you all saw me dying some glorious deaths...i hate dying by getting shot in the back while trying to run away :#

I was on my Templar he can't run at all! lmao
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw you out the front of Ash a few hours ago @geonsocal

that ft ash thing was hilarious...it was the end if the night for me and my AD stam blade, and, I had the capture ft ash mission...we finally got inside and captured the flags (i believe it had been owned by EP) - I remember standing by the siege merchant getting ready to "claim" the keep...

next thing I notice is some aoe indicators in my peripheral view - disengaged and there was a wave of blue folks going by me up the stairs...

it was serious - wtf moment...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ran into some weird stuff playing AD around sejanus...a couple of times i came out the outpost to do some fighting and kept running into groups of AD and EP (with a DC player or two thrown in) just chilling and dueling...

first reaction is to jump in and fight - and, then when you notice a bunch of folks just standing around it's like - oops, sorry for that lethal arrow...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @TequilaFire ...lately i'm noticing more and more players on different factions than what i'm used to...

not sure what it will mean for our faction balance going forward - but, it seems like a lot of the Vivec regulars have more than one alliance to fight for now...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game hit a new low for me today. A group of 8 to 10 AD took Arrius lumber mill which is nothing unusual and we promptly took it back. The AD soon returned and took the lumber mill again. What I then noticed was about 6 to 10 EP standing on the pylons overlooking the lumber mill not fighting the AD even though the small group of us were having trouble. I recognized some of these players as AD on their EP characters. The AD were not attacking EP standing on the pylons.

What this turned out to be was a cross faction farm of the Arrius lumber mill. As one of these players was a guildie I asked him why the AD was not attacking him, answer was respect as they were friends.

I just decided to bug out and not participate in this cross faction pile of dung instead of jumping in thinking I had backup.

I missed this post earlier - 100% agree...it really makes things weird...like you - when I run across this stuff i usually just go somewhere else...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 25, 2017 6:18PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't attack guildies on the bridge, but it's the bridge. If I find them at a desirable location, I usually just leave.

I know this feel though.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got a clear reminder yesterday of what I really enjoy about this game and pvp in particular...

was playing AD at roebuck and had a fairly large (30 plus maybe) of DC outside the front door...

they didn't seem too intent on setting up siege so - I along with a bunch of other AD maniacs just kept running out the front door, playing super aggressive, dying, rezzing back at the keep, and, running back out the front door to do it all over again...

not sure how long it lasted, or, how many times I died (it was quite a few) - but, what an absolute blast...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ended up playing 5 of my characters in pvp this weekend...it's funny but the thing that really stood out to me was just how crazy durable the mag warden is...

between frost cloak, enchanted growth and basically being able to spam healing thicket - man, that is one tough character to take down...no doubt the combat scaling for non vet characters is also helping him out...

I'm actually using the cutting dive stamina morph just to help with resource management...right now though, that's pretty much a spammable tool also...

i'm sure that eventually the warden class will see some nerfs, but, down the road when I finally take this character to vet I can see incorporating heroism into my build just to keep healing thicket running almost non stop...

right now I have my mag warden set up with 5pc julianos, 3 pc (4pc on SnB) shacklebreaker and some mismatched jewelry (ugh, been having a hard time finding 3 matching pieces of epic non-vet jewelry)...

Edit: one interesting by product of playing a stamina/magicka version of each class is that you end up getting a really good feel for which abilities out perform most others...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 25, 2017 8:05PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just had the realization that by and large - most of my encounters with all my forum friends overwhelmingly involve me running away like crazy trying to save myself :#

almost all the comments I've read from everyone usually involves a sighting of my ID quickly followed by "then you slipped away"...

yes, my self preservation instinct is very strong - even in a video game...

although @andreasranasen was cool enough yesterday to wave hello over my trampled corpse :p
    Edited by geonsocal on September 25, 2017 10:26PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was out the front near the wooden palisade. AD camp behind so I was heading to that and you and another AD in front and a few more behind just spawning. You died with honour going out fighting outnumbered.

Seeing more of this. In a quiet spot or a quiet server doesn't bother me but on Vivec and front lines not cool

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yikes...you all are right...

was paying a little closer attention to what was going on - the campaign is over...

how in the heck did we go from having one of the most competitive campaigns in a long while - to this...

sort of feels like no one is playing the map...

I guess this is what it would be like to play in a factionless campaign...

hmmmm, maybe faction lock on a shorter campaign wouldn't be so bad...

hopefully this is like a pvp glitch and not a sign of what the next 6 months will be like...

don't get me wrong - there's still a few "zergs" going at it, and, plenty of cool small scale everywhere, but, it just feels different...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 26, 2017 5:55AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just saw a new "one", playing AD (thank goodness I only have 2 more EP guys to reach tier 3) - someone put up 9 forward camps around one of the starter gates...

didn't know it before - but, 9 camps just so happens to be the limit on forwatd camps an alliance can have in cyrodiil...
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just saw a new "one", playing AD (thank goodness I only have 2 more EP guys to reach tier 3) - someone put up 9 forward camps around one of the starter gates...

didn't know it before - but, 9 camps just so happens to be the limit on forwatd camps an alliance can have in cyrodiil...

Lol, so many trolls in this game. Like the last Emp keep defence where someone puts oils on ground floor or on walls not being sieged to reach siege cap.

• PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol, so many trolls in this game. Like the last Emp keep defence where someone puts oils on ground floor or on walls not being sieged to reach siege cap.

Saw this at Ash the other day as the last emp keep. The player who put them down wanted the current emp to be disposed.

Last night, DC chat said emp was broken so we had to give up emp to get it crowned again. And so we did...
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just had the realization that by and large - most of my encounters with all my forum friends overwhelmingly involve me running away like crazy trying to save myself :#

almost all the comments I've read from everyone usually involves a sighting of my ID quickly followed by "then you slipped away"...

yes, my self preservation instinct is very strong - even in a video game...

although @andreasranasen was cool enough yesterday to wave hello over my trampled corpse :p

Thats because @andreasranasen is a good dude, even when someone compares him to Fonzie.....

Also, Finally hit General on my templar! now to get my Stamblade there
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sort of of a weird night yesterday in cyrodiil - for the simple fact that it was very normal...

was playing on my EP mag dk (man do I love to burn stuff with him)...

I've said it before, but, with flames of oblivion, elemental blockade, grothdar proccing, and, the eye of flame all going off at once - it is simply awesome :D

but yeah, i'm not sure if it was just a temporary thing seeing a lot of enemy faction co-op, or, just some lingering weirdness within the AD faction itself (been playing AD a bunch last few days) - but - had a very "normal" night on EP...

even had a chance or two to ride the tail of the dragon and do some fun zerg surfing through enemy keeps...

still out hunting epic non-vet jewelry at the guild stores, found a couple of good deals (not paying more than 3k or so)...

it's a little tough though because of such a limited range (level 25 to 30) of jewelry i'm looking for...

been super easy pairing up the 2 rings - just a lot tougher to find the specific necklace to go along with it...

thankfully I like guild store shopping - so, it's all good...

checked my 3 reaper's event crown crates...got a hat, tattoo and some other miscellaneous stuff...

free is free :)

looking forward to the end of this campaign to see if DC goes on another 6 month roll, or, if EP is able to get it together and keep it together for a whole month...

my impression is the time of AD dominance has passed...could be wrong though...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven’t been back to Vivec since the x2AP event. que times have killed it for me. Shot or xarxes are home now. Though there really isn’t much to do there. Lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I haven’t been back to Vivec since the x2AP event. que times have killed it for me. Shot or xarxes are home now. Though there really isn’t much to do there. Lol

do you go solo, or, usually play with friends...

a lot of times i may not log on until around 10pm p.s.t., so normally I won't run on to many queues...i imagine at that time most of the other campaigns, except for maybe the non-vet map...

i'm not sure why, but, I find it kind of comforting to see the same names (enemies and allies) I've gotten used to over the years...

wow, can't believe it has been years now :)
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know one of the large AD guilds on around the same time as me was MIA during the Tel Var farm this campaign. I think this campaign is not a good predictor for the next because of that IC Anniversary Event. All it takes is for one faction to get a lead for the fair weather AP farmers to switch alliances.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Takes-No-Prisoner ...

endless fury - 2.5k
    crystal frags - 2.7k
    endless fury explosion - 2.9k

someone named kit kat had 2 crystal frags thrown in there :)

yeah, ummm - that was a bad place to be standing/running...

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was B)
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I used to really look forward to getting into PVP after work. Now I can hardly stomach a half hour of it. There was something about the Morrowind update that killed it for me.

whoa...that's interesting...any idea what it may be?

I think PVP has turned stupid. I'm not sure how else I can word it.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually stay with large group in Cyrodil proper. Much smaller groups in the city. I’m not really a big fan of small group or topside solo, but the shared telvar in the IC really blows.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy crap - just realized this thread has been up for a whole year now...nice...

it's been great to get a pvp perspective from some of the more chill folks involved...

too funny - the only moderation needed was cuz of me being childish and making fun of one of the IC merchants: Licks-His-Claws early on...

big thanks to all the cool folks who've kicked in over the last year...much appreciated :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home is where I want to be
    Pick me up and turn me round
    I feel numb - born with a weak heart
    I guess I must be having fun
    The less we say about it the better
    Make it up as we go along
    Feet on the ground
    Head in the sky
    It's ok I know nothing's wrong... nothing

Hi yo I got plenty of time
    Hi yo you got light in your eyes
    And you're standing here beside me
    I love the passing of time
    Never for money
    Always for love
    Cover up and say goodnight... say good night

Home - is where I want to be
    But I guess I'm already there
    I come home - she lifted up her wings
    I guess that this must be the place
    I can't tell one from another
    Did I find you, or you find me?
    There was a time
    Before we were born
    If someone asks, this where I'll be... where I'll be

Hi yo
    We drift in and out
    Hi yo
    Sing into my mouth
    Out of all those kinds of people
    You got a face with a view
    I'm just an animal looking for a home and,
    Share the same space for a minute or two
    And you love me till my heart stops
    Love me till I'm dead
    Eyes that light up, eyes look through you
    Cover up the blank spots
    Hit me on the head
    Ah ooh

I'm just an animal looking for a home and, Share the same space for a minute or two...isn't that the truth...as much time as i've spent in Azura's Star, Scourge, and now Vivec - it kind of does feel like home at times...very happy to be able to share it with you all...

geo
    Edited by geonsocal on September 29, 2017 10:51PM