The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc goes live with the update next week.
    @dotme Marksman one of my favorite bow build sets, has to check the target to apply a percentage damage increase if it is a player. That is the part that is disabled all other stats work on the set.
    It is funny, no sets obtained in Cyro work as they all have a proc, percentage increase or other calculation. smh
    Old school builds work the best.
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 12, 2021 5:23PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads up @TequilaFire :)

I'm gonna try my best to not freak out too much and try to just update characters one at a time...

I need to farm some beekeeper and leviathan gear for my EU toons...I think I have all 18 sets on the NA server...

man, i have a feeling I'll be going through a lot of mats and transmute stones...my biggest concern is for jewelry pieces and mats...

not much room for many errors in putting together my 7 new EU builds...

it's funny, I was in on my necro mag on the EU in cyrodiil today, lag was making things really tough...my necro mag is mostly a defensive try to stay alive toon as is, not being able to get skills to fire off can make things really tough...

I died a couple of times to some different proc sets - I'm curious to see what shows up a lot on my death recaps...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme Marksman one of my favorite bow build sets, has to check the target to apply a percentage damage increase if it is a player. That is the part that is disabled all other stats work on the set.
    It is funny, no sets obtained in Cyro work as they all have a proc, percentage increase or other calculation. smh

Interesting. So can you still wear monster pieces for the one-piece bonus?
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

Interesting. So can you still wear monster pieces for the one-piece bonus?

I believe so @dotme ...thankfully most of those sets are pretty easy to farm (except for maybe amber plasm)...

I was looking in the EU guild traders this weekend for beekeeper gear and it was mostly sold out...

i would imagine mats are gonna be pretty costly right now also...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 15, 2021 6:17PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesterday played my EU magblade a bunch, they're wearing 5 light/2 heavy, that just wasn't working for me yesterday, kept dying like crazy...

probably go spinners and some heavy julianos in the future...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, so far I've managed to update the skills and champion points on 1 out of 17 toons...I am just so not motivated to go through and update all these characters...

I don't know, maybe some weekend when I'm bored...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. First night I played I took one look at cp and logged off.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. First night I played I took one look at cp and logged off.

oh ***, that got me rolling...I know right...wtf is with the weird pictures and layout of the cp system...

took about an hour to re-spec and re-gear my EU stam dk, went in to cyro and ran in to a 40 player red zerg, that also happened to have the hammer...

battle spirit has changed too, no more 5k health bonus...

I'm probably only gonna play a few different characters for a while...

interesting, for the second time my eso sub has discontinued itself...

bank space on both servers is an issue, but I'm in no rush to re-sub...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 18, 2021 11:54PM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New CP is frustrating at first, I redid three toons the first day and by the last one I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

Next day I hopped on and redid my next toon in 5-10 minutes without really needing to think. I'm sure I'm not optimized but does it really matter? It's just pvp, I'll figure things out as I go.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cp I can learn and deal with eventually.
    But 10-15 second delay getting one item from my bank I can't handle.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so weird how these glitches just come along...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at around cp 730 on EU and cp 1030 on NA...

with the new cp the build gap between folks around cp 1,500 and those with half of that is pretty significant...

a lot of my toons only have 3 stars equipped, just not enough cp to get to the stuff I really want...

lots and lots of wasted points just to reach stuff I'd like to use...

particularly with the green tree - not a lot of useful stuff for pvp...

probably my favorite cp slottable is the one where if you kill someone they explode for oblivion damage...

the thought of that makes me smile...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy to all my fellow cyrodiil warriors :)

finally got all 17 toons updated with their skill and champion points...

I have 2 toons each on both the NA and EU servers re-fitted with non-proc gear...

I'll bring some of the other toons in to imperial city to fight...

battlegrounds isn't really my preferred form of pvp (I like cyrodiil, followed by IC), but i may need to get back to doing random dailies just for the xp...

there's about a 300 cp gap between my NA and EU characters, it's pretty noticeable...

particularly without proc sets to help creatively close some gaps in either damage mitigation, sustain or execution (no doubt the toughest test is in finishing people off)...

even playing my NA toons with cp 1030 - I can notice the difference in 1v1 fights against folks over 1400 cp...oh well...

thankfully, as long as there are at least a couple of bars pop to fight alongside - hard to notice any difference at - truthfully, large melees are fun as heck, but, don't require much actual skill...

it's really only in small scale that things like cp gap stand out...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 25, 2021 5:10AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, learning to get by without eso plus, deconning gear and selling jewelry I can't decon like crazy...

maxing out my bank slots (I knew there was a good reason for hoarding gold :)), and cleaning out all my chests on both servers...

literally hours of work, but, I should still be able to accumulate and save mats, and just wait for one of those eso plus events to transfer them in to my craft bag...

also, big thanks to @Ballcap for letting me use the guild bank...I don't sell stuff anymore through guild traders, but, some stuff I just don't wanna throw away or destroy...mostly motif stuff - you are more than welcome to them mighty guild master :)

thinking about it now, i actually have a whole chest full of surveys i need to destroy...i have plenty of mats or gold to buy the mats...much shorter on time to pvp...

since I've started on the EU server a couple of years ago I've kept my inventory pretty organized, most of the work I'm having to do involves the NA server...

it's amazing how much "crap" I've accumulated over on the NA server the last six years...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 24, 2021 7:32PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one last thing for the day :)

just wanted to share the best pvp thread i've come across is a while:
    Who do you target first? How do you choose your target?

thank you @drzycki_ESO - really fun reading...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 24, 2021 10:04PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    You’re welcome @geonsocal ! I did take a couple motifs, but I only went for the duplicates. I may move to the no cp campaign. I just don’t have the time to figure out the new system. Thanks for the list of no proc sets earlier. I went into Cyro without assigning any champion points just to see how it went. I was wearing Spinners and Julianos. I died quicker than usual, but I still was able to take a few people out here and there.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helloooooo pvp peeps :)

surviving okay without eso plus...the addition of the "sticker book" and storage chests within our homes has made a huge difference...

still haven't started doing daily random battlegrounds for the xp...I think I have like 4 million enlightenment on both servers - pvping just doesn't equal a lot of xp...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep running out of enlightenment on both servers. lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as the war stuff, 2 days left in the campaign...
    EU server:
    - EP 86.8k
    - DC 80.0k
    - AD 73.9k
    top score - EP Moonkey 10.4 mil

NA server:
    - DC 96.4k
    - AD 72.6k
    - EP 70.7k
    top score - DC Reignover 13.3 mil

that alliance score of 96.4k is one of the higher I've seen...sadly it's been a while since I remember a really competitive campaign on either server...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 2, 2021 10:30PM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    The individual highest AP scores seem low this campaign, aren't they usually about 20m?
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 million is with using the pelinal's ferocity scroll for a couple of weeks...10 to 15 million seems usual for a regular 30 day camp...

plus, cyrodiil is an awful way to make xp (or gold :))...

a lot of folks are grinding cp right now...

most folks I come across are around 1300 cp...seen a few 1600 and above...some lower than 1000...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now for grey host I have 3 toons in NA (hybrid stamplar, stam warden, mag dk) around cp 1030 and 2 toons in EU (stam dk and mag sorc)...

need to farm another piece of hulking draugr in NA and a couple of more beekeeper pieces in EU soon and next campaign I'll add in a couple of more builds to fight with...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep running out of enlightenment on both servers. lol

just fighting in cryodiil?
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm too casual for campaign drama but anyone know why DC is too stacked on ps4 grey host NA? Seems like a poor sportsmanship to stack a single faction in such a manner. They're gonna kill future campaigns by all stacking one faction.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP must be playing their blues this campaign. ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm too casual for campaign drama but anyone know why DC is too stacked on ps4 grey host NA? Seems like a poor sportsmanship to stack a single faction in such a manner. They're gonna kill future campaigns by all stacking one faction.

DC on the NA server have been running like that for 3 campaigns now I believe...a few months ago gooch and his crew were blue and dominating the scoreboard...

what's happening now, residual effect?

this stuff just goes in cycles...I'm not sure what got in to folks a couple of months ago that made them wanna wear blue for a while...

you're absolutely right though - having one alliance outscore the other two alliances by 20 thousand plus isn't healthy for gameplay...

pretty much whenever the stupid hammer spawns it means AD and EP are both guaranteed to get gated...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, I've taken care of my bunches of saved up enlightenment on both servers...took a few of my procced up NA toons through random battlegrounds...

it was fun, one match my stam dk got capture the relic and snatched 4 of those glowing skulls himself (he's pretty tanky), and then my stam sorc got a deathmatch and ended up with 18 kills - he's a sorc, 'nuff said :)

over on the EU server I'm still farming beekeeper jewelry - I've literally been through over 50 dolmens and I'm still waiting for the second epic beekeeper ring to drop...

i have a different toon staged at each dolmen in greenshade and just rotate through them one after the other...it's given me some time to work on those toons' rotations...

also managed to decon 14 zircon grains from all the not epic beekeeper jewelry, I've already collected 8 epic shadow dancer rings...

oh well, such is rng...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an epic battle last night primetime at Arius on NA Grey Host. One of those rare 30-45 minute all-out multi-faction fights that used to be pretty common but over the last few years have become increasingly rare.

Most of the DC server, at least 40 AD, and pretty much all of EP defending (Successfully in the end, I might add). Two outer breaches, two inner, fights upstairs, on flags, on scroll, on walls and DC with the hammer all happening at once.

Reminded me why I fell in love with this game.

I miss those kind of all-out-war fights, and I really wish they happened more often. Surprisingly almost no lag and no blue screens reported in zone post-fight.

Those kind of battles are jaw-dropping in scale and intensity - They really make ESO stand out on PS4 compared to other games in such a huge way.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Surprisingly almost no lag and no blue screens reported in zone post-fight.

that's really cool...

oh man, that's sounds like it was an awesome fight dotme :)

i do enjoy the small scale stuff (that's mostly what i encounter during the time period i usually play) - but, those all alliance chaotic battles within a keep are usually a lot more fun...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a third toon geared up for the EU server, my necro mag whom is wearing 2 light/5 heavy julianos and beekeeper...

now that some folks have me doubled up on cp on the EU server, I'm going back to 5 heavy on most toons with the goal of survivability being the number one thing...

I don't know, a week or so ago I ran in to the yellow emp (ryful ?, I believe)...they were a stam sorc and totally shredded me 1v1 with ease...I was on one of my tankier toons, didn't really matter though...

they're a really good player, but it kind of irked me all the same...since then I've been making it more of a point to not let other players kill me if possible...just more cautious in my gameplay...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 11, 2021 6:27PM