The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy, hope everyone is staying healthy and having fun...

saw on the general discussion section the the cyro aoe test has begun...my understanding though is it's just limited to the PC platform...

it's funny though - my first thought when i read about the test was - wow, gonna be hard to play a magplar...sure enough, some magplar commented it was like playing with really bad lag...

which, who knows - maybe there was really bad lag at the time :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it's official - had my first deserter over on the NA server...

my dunmer pact mag dk has now turned blue...

I've kept him as a stage 4 vamp - I use vamp skills, as well as fire...still feels really wierd having no health recovery...

i'll just be squatting in stealth and notice my health bar isn't all the way full...

it's a little bit of a complicated build, but once the rotations start flowing - a super fun "themed" toon to fight...

I keep thinking I need to go set up my NA magblade as a bomber...just haven't got to it yet...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy all, I hope all is well in the world for you :)

been sticking mostly to EU this campaign...I ended up playing the first 10 days of the campaign in IC (on both servers)...

when I joined gray host about a week ago we (covenant) were ahead by about 8k points over EP, AD were another 4k behind them...

it's been a brutal week though fighting for blue during the time period I'm on (usually between 10pm and 1am p.s.t.)...each night it's 1 bar red, against a handful of blue and yellow...

the best we can all do is try to delay the pact in taking all the scrolls and gating us...

what really sucks, there are a few red players who themselves don't need overwhelming numbers to be so successful...

being driven off the map really sucks, and, is frustrating...still, from an alliance perspective all you can do is try to hold on to your eval score as long as possible...

to add insult to injury - AD, whom may actually have a few more players on the map than us - keep getting a low pop score bonus...

the lead has shrunk to about 4k now...I imagine the pact will catch us sometime this weekend or early next week...

not sure what red guild is logging on to the map at what is definitely that server's "off-hours", but, they are brutalizing us during the time I'm playing...

I may not get a chance to play blue on NA this campaign (still working to get all 7 blue EU toons to 100k AP), but, I have a feeling I'm gonna spend the next 2 weeks of the campaign pouring oil and using meatbags to try to hold on to keeps...

I was on top of bleakers (the one spot of the map we had at that moment), the rest of the few blue players logged in had gone to winter's outpost to capture that...remember, there may be 20 total DC and AD players logged in all together - and, I got zerged down on the top floor of bleakers by about 20 EP...it was absolutely ridiculous...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 23, 2020 7:11PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, pretty much most of my gameplay lately has been trying to slow the red wave that sweeps over the map while I'm just logging in...so - last night logged on a few hours earlier than normal to see what the map looked like...

sure enough we nearly had EP gated (they still had a few keeps in AD's territory)...

I'll be honest - I've never been a big fan of gating an alliance, well, now that I'm pretty much exclusively blue now - I spent a couple of hours moving between farragut and kingscrest making it as difficult as possible for the pact to get a foothold out of their gates...

yeah, I didn't feel bad about it at all :)

it was nice actually to be on the other side of that gated experience...burned a bunch of folks' sieges and poured a lot of oil (I love it when attackers don't use a siege shield or counter-siege (trebuchets)...makes defending a lot easier...

of course the party eventually came to an end once the real red death guild/group logged on and the majority of blue players logged out...

they do use siege shields and counter siege...plus, sadly, their map play (which keeps they attack) is really good too...if it wasn't for the fact that they drive me off the map each night, I'd probably admire them a lot more :)
    Edited by geonsocal on September 26, 2020 1:55AM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is just taking empty keeps
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, if there's only two or three solo players attacking a keep - you certainly hope so :)

1 really good player alone can stop four or five people by themselves if they use the guards and split the group up...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the keeps are empty and not defended either you are night capping or the other alliance isn't doing it's job.
    The other alliance is probably off taking your empty keeps. lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 28, 2020 1:07PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not sure how much "off-hours" (nightcapping as folks like to say) gameplay you've all been involved in...i've done a whole lot of it on the EU server - it's a different game when there's less than 20 per side for the whole map...

especially when half of those players are either sky shard hunting, doing quests or fishing...there's just not very many people covering the map, participating in "the fight"...

the one aspect of the whole elder scrolls game that i've really enjoyed role playing at is the 3 faction war in cyrodiil...so, when i log on a lot of times - my normal goal is to take/defend keeps, resources, scrolls, outposts and kill enemy players...

tougher yet when you find yourself in a position where you are being constantly gated...

sometimes your only option may be to take resources and try to flag an enemy keep or outpost to distract or attempt to disrupt enemy movement...

even after all these years, i still find it fun to pretend the map matters...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 28, 2020 11:36PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, made over 100k defending 3 different keeps last night, that's the good...the not so good - the reason the payout was so high was because I think I was alone...

did have a couple of fun fights when someone came up to address the fact that I was still pouring oil after the flag had flipped :)

got bummed when some sorc ranged bombed me while I was pouring oil on the top level of the front door of dragonclaw...i was both pissed and impressed at the same time...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 30, 2020 12:08AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wanted to share some major cyrodiil updates for next patch:

Alliance War:
    - Fixed an issue where the “Enter Campaign” text that appears when queuing for a campaign while in a group would not display the campaign type correctly. 
    - Fixed an issue where the battering ram UI could continue to display after leaving to go to a Battleground.

:p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are as usual a bunch of set updates, to be honest though, at this point I just accept I'm gonna be a year or so behind in gear, unless I'm just equipping really basic stuff that's stayed fairly conssistent over time...

it's been awhile since I've done any defile, poison or oblivion type builds...may be time to do some research to put something fun together...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey everyone, howdy king, it was cool to say hi the other night...

don't post as much as I used to, but, definitely still out there clocking in for cyrodiil alliance duty just about each night...

this past weekend was incredible with large scale alliance versus alliance versus alliance fighting - it was a blast...disconnected more than a few times, but, still had fun with all the chaos and carnage :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 16, 2020 8:03AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonight had my first chance to swing the hammer, it was fun...didn't get to do much fighting...had to be careful to not lose the hammer...

DC is back to being stuck in third over on the EU server...it was a nice run there for a while taking first or second for a bunch of campaigns in a row...

one nice thing about the new balance of power, I'm actually getting a chance to fight AD players now...for like soooooo many months in a row all I ever saw was EP enemies...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alrighty then, hope all is well in tamriel and beyond :)

about 12 days left in the campaign...
    EU:
    - EP, 63.2k
    - AD, 53.9k
    - DC, 50.1k
    top score to date - 12.8 million (EP)

NA:
    - EP, 61.5k
    - AD, 53.8k
    - DC, 53.2k
    top score to date - 18.4 million (DC)

been playing over on NA for the last few days...absolutely loving the new draugr poly...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 25, 2020 9:35AM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy how much AP some people make... i havent got 18.4m on any single character playing for 4 years and some people make that in 2-3 weeks!
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's weird, because I play off hours a lot (either super late for the NA server or super early for the EU server) I generally run in to a lot of the players on the leaderboards both as allies and enemies...

always makes me wonder how many hours a day, days a week those folks must be spending on cyrodiil...

I guess those folks are just fortunate to have found something they enjoy doing that much...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello :)

2 days to go, and the song remains the same...

curse you skyrim...

EU:
    - EP, 90.4k
    - AD, 82.2k
    - DC, 77.7k

top score (not sure if anyone dropped): 16.8 mil (EP)

NA:
    - EP, 90.1k
    - AD, 80.1k
    - DC, 78.4k

top score (again, not sure if anyone dropped): 22.5 mil (EP)

been sticking to NA lately, even though I'm almost up to cp600 on the EU server, my characters all feel so much more powerful with that extra couple of hundred champion points...generally they have more golden gear also...

I'm gonna move over my AD stamblade tonight...I didn't make a stamblade on the EU server so it's been a long time since I've pvp'd with him...

he's a redguard vamp...I'm being stubborn and keeping him at stage 4...

right now wearing spriggans, velidreth, markman's...

I don't know, I'll play him for a while and see what changes to make..
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang, this kind of sucks:
    Starting on Monday, November 9 for consoles and November 16 for PC, we will be limiting group sizes in Cyrodiil to 12 players, and all ally-targeted abilities will only apply to those in your group.

As for next steps, we’re going to take some time to consider future tests we’d like to run; none of these will occur until sometime after the new year. We’ll be sure to let everyone know what types of tests we’ve decided on next and will reconvene here in early 2021.

I don't really care so much about the grouping stuff, but - basically ending ally play...

that's not fun...at all...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 8, 2020 7:25AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heal Me

yeah, as a solo player - it's gonna take me a minute to get over/past this particular gameplay change...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds awesome. Bunch of randoms can't heal each other any more.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, when you are a random potato roaming around cyrodiil trying not to get mashed or fried - you learn to use your fellow allies/meat shields :p

you wanna keep them alive, cuz once your fellow faithful fighters start dropping like flies, good chance soon you'll follow...

I don't even wanna think about it...there's been a few changes over the years that I've absolutely hated - this one is pretty high up on that list...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue screens are back, how I missed them - not.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue screens are back, how I missed them - not.

Logged into Cyrodiil:
    • Mount speed cut in half
    • Light attack weaving broken, reducing my DPS by 40%
    • Not enough crowns to sustain multiple 12-person groups
    • No heals if not grouped
    • Zero improvement to overall lag/performance
    • Then my screen froze, inside a keep, with no fighting nearby
    Logged off.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys should have made the move to the EU server with me years ago, performance there normally isn't much an issue to me...

finally just hit cp1000 on the NA server and I'm sitting at cp591 on the EU server...

yeah, i guess I'm still logging in and playing a bunch :)

i'm still having fun...I don't know man, maybe I've simply learned to tune out a lot of the bad stuff about the game...

to be honest though, I'm mostly playing "off-hours" on both servers...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gave things in Cyrodiil another whirl for an hour or two last night. Lagged out 6-7 times (Where you approach a fight of significant size and suddenly your character is the only one still moving).

We're into November in the "Year of Performance improvement" and I can't get my head around how bad this game is on PS4 now. Never mind the mechanics changes, the fact that we're getting disconnected every few minutes is a pretty fundamental problem and I'm convinced now that this game "is what it is" and there's either no possibility, or no ability, to get the ship right side up any more.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy all :)

I hope the world is as right as it can be for everyone...

back mostly pvping on the EU server...yay, finally over 600 cp, much easier game to play with more champion points to go against max cp players...

looking to level up the psijic skill lines for both my magicka necromancer and magplar...they both just feel like they need something a little different to be more effective...

to be honest though, what I really want is to put my necro in a cool outfit, use mediate and look like a lich :D

still hating the "behavioral" changes to solo play...

man, I'm a random potato, pretty much always have been, always will be...I like going where I want, when I want...it just really sucks that someone at zos had the thought to nuke solo play...

I kind of feel guilty now when I don't accept group requests...

heard two options for healing allies are blood alter and mend wounds...I may work them in on some of my toons...neither are particularly useful solo play skills though...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I guess those folks are just fortunate to have found something they enjoy doing that much..." @geonsocal

That's such a diplomatic way to put that.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happy soon to be turkey day @Ballcap :)

been thinking about this a bit the last few days...i think maybe it's a little similar to how the god kids play fortnite all the time...i don't know if it's so much the game that draws them in so much, but, rather the opportunity to play with their friends...

generally between all my characters together, i "earn" anywhere from a million to maybe a million and a half AP each 30 day campaign period...i'm probably down to around 10 to 15 hours a week maybe (at one time it was a pretty solid 20 plus hours a week)...

for those folks whom consistently earn more than 6 million a campaign - i'd guess they're putting in at least 20 to 30 hours a week on the game...

for those folks who are 10 million and above, yeah, that's some serious time spent in cyro...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 days to go...

NA:
    - DC, 68.7k
    - EP, 58.5k
    - AD, 47.3k
    top score: 13.3 million (DC)

you know, I'd write folks names down, but - some of them are just, not really worth repeating...okay, the person leading is named: honeylickerr...yeah...

out of all the people on the leaderboards, I only recognize a couple of names...

EU:
    - EP, 60.3k
    - DC, 57k
    - AD, 55.1k
    top score: 10.6 million (coupecoupe DC)

again, I only really recognize 2 names...just goes to show - you can either be getting AP, or typing in zone chat :p

been playing my stamina necromancer the last couple of days - I've literally earned less than 5k AP...map has just been dead...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 26, 2020 7:14AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time a month is coming to an end without even half of my daily login rewards claimed.
    Sad.