Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I did home Skull and Guest scourge due to I'll be helping my boy Lil Shrew cause havoc as always protecting shrewville lol

got a chance to get in for a little bit...EP is starting off with a surge...we'll see what it looks like in the morning...

got a chance to kick it with some folks from good dabs & hash...as always, totally chilled crowd...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Though I did home Skull and Guest scourge due to I'll be helping my boy Lil Shrew cause havoc as always protecting shrewville lol

got a chance to get in for a little bit...EP is starting off with a surge...we'll see what it looks like in the morning...

got a chance to kick it with some folks from good dabs & hash...as always, totally chilled crowd...
    Ah must mean I wasn't in group then to yell at everyone :p
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was watching today while I was ok between bacon and ML on who would get EMP while the hoardes of EP kept pushing. They were literally 30 so apart from each other for a second. Had to get off so curious who won the EMP battle between em
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just saw something funny...

playing AD, been at sejanus for a couple hours or so going back and forth with EP at blue road...

great open field fighting, as long as you don't get yourself stuck against against some random rock...

some EP DK was getting some folks from the top of the hill on the northwest side of sejanus...killed one or two players - finally about 3 or 4 of us AD folks snare them down and kill them...

couple of AD players start t-bagging the downed EP player - i start using the salute emote (i don't bag folks myself)...one of the AD stops and walks away - another sees me saluting and comes over and starts swinging their maul at me...

after about the second strike some EP NB does ambush, another move and incap and the AD player swinging at me dies, the EP looks at me - puts away their weapons and leaves - too funny...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 11, 2016 4:24AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    just saw something funny...

playing AD, been at sejanus for a couple hours or so going back and forth with EP at blue road...

great open field fighting, as long as you don't get yourself stuck against against some random rock...

some EP DK was getting some folks from the top of the hill on the northwest side of sejanus...killed one or two players - finally about 3 or 4 of us AD folks snare them down and kill them...

couple of AD players start t-bagging the downed EP player - i start using the salute emote (i don't bag folks myself)...one of the AD stops and walks away - another sees me saluting and comes over and starts swinging their maul at me...

after about the second strike some EP NB does ambush, another move and incap and the AD player swinging at me dies, the EP looks at me - puts away their weapons and leaves - too funny...

Yeah I'm with you on that. When I see people teabag I'll go up to em and bash or go on mic telling them off. No reason to teabag someone who 1v1 woulda killed you if you didn't have the company with. I can see if it's your friend or an enemy and you two have history but to teabag anyone you kill simply cause they died just makes you look like a *** imo. But to each their own. I salute good fights, then for people I destroy I use funny emotes and get creative. Not teabag. Specially not someone who made me get more AD players to take them out.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it made me laugh that someone had been patiently waiting in stealth the whole time watching what was going on - as soon as one of the baggers left and the other one came over to swing away at me - they burned them down in about 3 moves...

I played like I was going rez the player whom had just got killed - had the rez to about 75% twice...then I just walked away...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just had a blast in IC...

played a whole bunch in cyro this weekend - yellow, blue and red...

finally had enough and headed off to IC...as much as I love cyro and pouring oil on folks - it can get a little old...

IC is where a lot of monsters hang out - i don't mean the npc kind either :o

was on a red nord magplar (checked on it today, he has 12k max stam and 1k stam regen - i'm the guy buying up all your purple regen drinks :p)...

took me forever to figure out what was the last quest I had been working on...I finally found the drake of blades in the temple district...

soon as i got there - there was a situation at the flag, ran over, there were two enemies (yellow) one friendly (red), the friendly was outside the flag area a bit, enemy right on the flag - figured I run to the flag, drop the eye of storm, and then, back on out a little, and, look real cool doing it...

I think I lasted all of three or four seconds at the flag...

humbling, very humbling...okay - my brain clicks on and I start thinking, gotta get a little smarter about this stuff...pop back in, start trailing someone whom actually knows what they're doing...

they were a DK that just so happened, could do a little damage too, and it was taking three or four yellows to kill them...i "helped" them on a few fights...

only saw one blue the whole time I was there - they we're standing on the flag in the arena district, then they killed me...unsuccessful attempt at trying to drag the boss with me...immediately afterword went back to looking for players rocking the same color as me...

just to get this out there - i am really not some kind of creeper - but, strength in numbers man, strength in numbers...that means, I'm looking for and following folks that our together, or players that can roll through IC solo - which is a really hard thing to do though...

truth is - i'm pretty cautious when it comes to picking fights in IC, I've learned better...

one important lesson I can impart for IC - learn how to use the npc's around you when you fight - if someone misses you and hits an npc, they'll fight for you...real skill comes in luring the bosses to help you out in a fight - then trying not to have the boss kill you...

also, if things aren't going so great, have a place you can roll back to and hopefully reset...

so, here's the cool part - come upon a couple of my EP brethren fighting a sole AD player, initially I joined in - thought about it, and put my weapons away...it just seemed the two against one was already a pretty fair fight...

sat and watched and then cheered them for a couple of minutes...finally some more AD show up and I jump in...we all get wiped...

we ending up fighting them several more times (at least several for me - cuz I died a bunch :#)

quick side note - man, that eye of 'whatever' does some damage...I run into a lot of tough to kill people - i'm not that great in terms of skill, gear or cp compared to others in IC...but, man does that ulti balance things out >:)

so I port into a friendly district - notice there's a group of AD around that harvester looking boss, I haven't tried to track down all the bosses yet, so, I figure this is a good opportunity for me...

go over to where they are fighting the boss, put my weapons away, watch for a few seconds, then - as carefully as as i can put some strokes on the boss...

it was funny - i had the 'kill enemy players' bounty, and I got credit when one of the AD died :D

after the fight, celebrated, saluted, got in the chest - and, then got the heck out of there as fast as i could before anyone could think that I may have just nabbed a thousand more stones...

a few came looking for me after a few seconds...

thankfully though - since i've tried to keep a little stamina on my magplar, I was able to sneak away and travel to a guild mate in elder root...

that's my story, and, I'm sticking to it B)
    Edited by geonsocal on December 11, 2016 10:33PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just had a blast in IC...

played a whole bunch in cyro this weekend - yellow, blue and red...

finally had enough and headed off to IC...as much as I love cyro and pouring oil on folks - it can get a little old...

IC is where a lot of monsters hang out - i don't mean the npc kind either :o

was on a red nord magplar (checked on it today, he has 12k max stam and 1k stam regen - i'm the guy buying up all your purple regen drinks :p)...

took me forever to figure out what was the last quest I had been working on...I finally found the drake of blades in the temple district...

soon as i got there - there was a situation at the flag, ran over, there were two enemies (yellow) one friendly (red), the friendly was outside the flag area a bit, enemy right on the flag - figured I run to the flag, drop the eye of storm, and then, back on out a little, and, look real cool doing it...

I think I lasted all of three or four seconds at the flag...

humbling, very humbling...okay - my brain clicks on and I start thinking, gotta get a little smarter about this stuff...pop back in, start trailing someone whom actually knows what they're doing...

they were a DK that just so happened, could do a little damage too, and it was taking three or four yellows to kill them...i "helped" them on a few fights...

only saw one blue the whole time I was there - they we're standing on the flag in the arena district, then they killed me...unsuccessful attempt at trying to drag the boss with me...immediately afterword went back to looking for players rocking the same color as me...

just to get this out there - i am really not some kind of creeper - but, strength in numbers man, strength in numbers...that means, I'm looking for and following folks that our together, or players that can roll through IC solo - which is a really hard thing to do though...

truth is - i'm pretty cautious when it comes to picking fights in IC, I've learned better...

one important lesson I can impart for IC - learn how to use the npc's around you when you fight - if someone misses you and hits an npc, they'll fight for you...real skill comes in luring the bosses to help you out in a fight - then trying not to have the boss kill you...

also, if things aren't going so great, have a place you can roll back to and hopefully reset...

so, here's the cool part - come upon a couple of my EP brethren fighting a sole AD player, initially I joined in - thought about it, and put my weapons away...it just seemed the two against one was already a pretty fair fight...

sat and watched and then cheered them for a couple of minutes...finally some more AD show up and I jump in...we all get wiped...

we ending up fighting them several more times (at least several for me - cuz I died a bunch :#)

quick side note - man, that eye of 'whatever' does some damage...I run into a lot of tough to kill people - i'm not that great in terms of skill, gear or cp compared to others in IC...but, man does that ulti balance things out >:)

so I port into a friendly district - notice there's a group of AD around that harvester looking boss, I haven't tried to track down all the bosses yet, so, I figure this is a good opportunity for me...

go over to where they are fighting the boss, put my weapons away, watch for a few seconds, then - as carefully as as i can put some strokes on the boss...

it was funny - i had the 'kill enemy players' bounty, and I got credit when one of the AD died :D

after the fight, celebrated, saluted, got in the chest - and, then got the heck out of there as fast as i could before anyone could think that I may have just nabbed a thousand more stones...

a few came looking for me after a few seconds...

thankfully though - since i've tried to keep a little stamina on my magplar, I was able to sneak away and travel to a guild mate in elder root...

that's my story, and, I'm sticking to it B)

Sometimes your stories just make me want to buy this game all over again haha. And lucky you for actually finding action in IC! I constantly go but there is no one around, so I kill a boss or two, bank my stones and leave disappointed :(
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Sometimes your stories just make me want to buy this game all over again haha. And lucky you for actually finding action in IC! I constantly go but there is no one around, so I kill a boss or two, bank my stones and leave disappointed :(

Can I have that luck 1.0
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're both right @DannyLV702 & @Takes-No-Prisoner ...there are plenty of times when I go in and it's a ghost town...

the weekends though have a little better chance at some action...

was reading another thread wherein @Rohamad_Ali had suggested opening the IC DLC to everyone...

I'm not sure how much time will need to pass before zos would be willing to do that (it's only been a little over a year since it's release), but, for the life of IC - it really needs to happen...

on a good note - as long as there are around a dozen or so people of different factions in IC, generally we all to seem to find one another and do some scrapping :p
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huge three way fight to dethrone the blue emp at ash. Inner down, yellows coming in the front, reds coming in the side. Hit the back flag, drop standard, watch the AP start to roll in, aaannnnddddd... blue screen :|
    Buff Soft Caps
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge three way fight to dethrone the blue emp at ash. Inner down, yellows coming in the front, reds coming in the side. Hit the back flag, drop standard, watch the AP start to roll in, aaannnnddddd... blue screen :|

awesome and then - not so awesome - hopefully you were able to load right back in to the battle (that doesn't seem to happen as much as it used to)...

who's holding ash...who's pushing emp - AD (had a little laugh when I wrote that :)) or EP?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    playing an EP magplar, working out of chalman keep (i love not having to chase the enemy - so much better when they come to me :))

have the nightblade bounty - i'm seeing plenty of nightblades out there, unfortunately most of them are kicking my butt...

keep running into some real beastly blueberries out here...seriously, it's taking like 3 or 4 of us to get rid of some of their tanks - right now it feels like they're all tanks :p

oh yeah - look who's in first, those loveable losers the aldmeri dominion...watch out folks - a new day may be dawning...

Edit: man, I'm afraid to leave the keep :#
    Edited by geonsocal on December 14, 2016 7:00AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to sound bitter - but it's one thing to get beat by gear, cp, maybe even skill...ugh, it super sucks to keep getting pulled into traps and outsmarted...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 14, 2016 7:01AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm, the DC group we were facing suddenly got bored and decided to do a full frontal assault on the west side of chalman, without putting up any seige on the west or north side of the keep - yeah, that usually doesn't end well...

we ended up wiping them at the mine then taking bleakers and aleswell...

weird thing is - i think they were all just blood porting to go to roebuck to farm AD and AP...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 14, 2016 7:08AM
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Been a decent campaign so far. As a DC only player I get very bored of logging into an all blue map. Id rather lose the campaign than win by thousands of points. Hope EP and AD keep pushing hard on us and giving me something to do.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi @maff...thanks for stopping in :) ...

what time (US) do you normally log on?

I normally play anywhere from 10pm E.S.T to 3am E.S.T (i'm out here in cali)...

up until around 12am E.S.T the fights are usually fairly even with some swings back in forth...around 1am-ish E.S.T DC just starts dropping the hammer down on the map...

personally, I prefer defending a keep or territory compared with attacking keeps or territories...

what really stinks for me is when I log on to an alliance and I need to go "find" the fight and enemy...that rarely results in anything but me dying a bunch while I'm out trying to find the "action"...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yikes, left cyro for IC tonight...

not so much cuz of lag - or, maybe it was lag...

the animations on my abilities and light/heavy attacks stopped working (happened a couple of times); and, my werewolf transformation kept going off...weird...

no love for DC tonight in IC (getting crushed a lot) - but, it's better than getting frustrated with the game's performance in cyro...
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    hi @maff...thanks for stopping in :) ...

what time (US) do you normally log on?

I normally play anywhere from 10pm E.S.T to 3am E.S.T (i'm out here in cali)...

up until around 12am E.S.T the fights are usually fairly even with some swings back in forth...around 1am-ish E.S.T DC just starts dropping the hammer down on the map...

personally, I prefer defending a keep or territory compared with attacking keeps or territories...

what really stinks for me is when I log on to an alliance and I need to go "find" the fight and enemy...that rarely results in anything but me dying a bunch while I'm out trying to find the "action"...

I'm in the UK so I'm on Cyrodiil's early shift, 12 till 7pm est I guess.
    It's not a bad time to be on, the lag isn't usually too bad and the other alliances are starting to push us.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »
    Been a decent campaign so far. As a DC only player I get very bored of logging into an all blue map. Id rather lose the campaign than win by thousands of points. Hope EP and AD keep pushing hard on us and giving me something to do.

@Maff

Had a "discussion" with a fellow AD in a different campaign about how driving a faction back to their gates and gate farming them is not good for a campaign being competitive..He runs a zergy guild and kept arguing that its great AP. ....did not understand that it will usually end in a huge population drop for opposing factions, and a huge AP drop.
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

@Maff

Had a "discussion" with a fellow AD in a different campaign about how driving a faction back to their gates and gate farming them is not good for a campaign being competitive..He runs a zergy guild and kept arguing that its great AP. ....did not understand that it will usually end in a huge population drop for opposing factions, and a huge AP drop.

@wazzz56

I don't mind gate farming if it's a very rare occurrence. Im not a fan of doing it myself but it provides a bit of drama. I agree too much farming is very damaging to campaign health though. I have a theory that Scourge is so heavily populated by DC because some zerg decided to farm all the blues out of Skull Of Corruption a while back. DC lost its only buff server so they all piled into Scourge. Or perhaps it was Azura before it went non cp? But basically farming pushed DC into one campaign and now they win all the time because of it. It's lame.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote:
    I don't mind gate farming if it's a very rare occurrence. Im not a fan of doing it myself but it provides a bit of drama. I agree too much farming is very damaging to campaign health though. I have a theory that Scourge is so heavily populated by DC because some zerg decided to farm all the blues out of Skull Of Corruption a while back. DC lost its only buff server so they all piled into Scourge. Or perhaps it was Azura before it went non cp? But basically farming pushed DC into one campaign and now they win all the time because of it. It's lame.

Azuras was a good campaign. There was never a runaway winner. I remember when AD won the campaign by two points and there was no more than fifty points separating third place.

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Maff

I do not mind being gate farmed (huge AP gains) but it gets boring quick...same goes the other way....but I agree about it causing an imbalance in other campaigns, I guess some people like playing in buff campaigns against limited numbers, I just do not find it fun, on the other hand, being then small group against a buff zerg can be very entertaining

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Scourge lately has started to leave me feeling a little jaded.

We have a small number of players from all factions exploiting the "in the ground" glitch to walk through walls and do everything from ganking people in keeps to stealing scrolls from unflagged keeps and even gated temples.

Two days ago I watched AD move from 3rd to take the campaign lead thanks mostly to 5 solid hours of "Low Population Bonus" points ranging from 150 to 200 every single evaluation, while they had three bars and were zerging the entire map.

It just doesn't seem like it's all that balanced right now and I see a lot of demoralized EP players headed back to the wayshrines during peak playing time.
    PS4NA
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    Maff wrote:

Azuras was a good campaign. There was never a runaway winner. I remember when AD won the campaign by two points and there was no more than fifty points separating third place.

@reiverx

Azuras was awesome, even though DC lost pretty much every campaign up until the last few before it went non cp. AD were a menace with FatKids group, among others. It's a shame AD doesn't have the numbers it used to in Azura's. They still have very skilled players and good groups but they just lack the reinforcements.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azuras was awesome, even though DC lost pretty much every campaign up until the last few before it went non cp. AD were a menace with FatKids group, among others. It's a shame AD doesn't have the numbers it used to in Azura's. They still have very skilled players and good groups but they just lack the reinforcements.

Yeah I ran with Freelance back then. I remember last year at around this time, we only used ice trebuchets to siege. Sometimes the enemy would counter siege with the same. That was a real hoot.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, that little bit of aldmeri glory wasn't too long lived...

once again cyrodiil is one big blueberry pie (i have no idea what that means - i'm just feeling a little jaded at the moment)...

even prior to the beginning of the new life festival it appeared DC was gaining back control of the map...

here's a cry for help for the sake of our map...if you're playing with the AD or EP you should be hitting DC about 75% or more of the time you're in scourge...

EP and AD...make believe the bridge has some kind of invisible barrier in the middle...stay on your own sides and focus on DC...

cuz, it's just not so much fun when the same folks win over and over again...

as I'm writing this i'm playing a DC character...

it's not my fault I didn't want to stick all 8 characters in the same alliance...not my fault all the other maps are near empty most days, or have limited pops with only 1 or 2 alliances...

call me crazy - but, I also like rezzing someone one day and trying to bury them the next :D

I'll tell ya - my EP and AD guys are beginning to develop a serious resentment towards their DC stable mates...

yeah, it's getting weird on a couple of different levels...

on a little more positive a note - finally got blazing shield on my "stamplar", up next for this character is radiant destruction...I try my best to use both magicka and stamina abilities in all characters, just more fun for me...

it's odd though that over time the "feel" of your character can change - my stamplar suddenly feels like he's running out of stamina all the time (just figured it out - removed werewolf ultimate with war horn on my main bar - and, you tend to do a lot of moving once a fight begins :))...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 18, 2016 1:21AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played a EP magplar today for the next life festival stuff...

brought him into scourge for a while...fought DC some and took back chalman and aleswell...

got a little bored and headed over to the bridge...

the thing which sticks out to me the most right now is just how much the destruction staff ultimates has changed the game...momentum in the fight is now determined by how many players can activate it...

it's one thing to have sorcerers and templars using them, in the hands of nightblades and dragonknights - a deadly tool...roll away, roll away...

Edit: as far as war and leader boards and stuff - 9 days in and DC is out in front by about 350, EP and AD are close together...

no emperor at the moment, but, friend of the thread (okay, I actually just made that up) the baconator has had a nice run or two as emperor...he has a high score to date of about 6.3 million AP for the csmpaign...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 19, 2016 4:06AM
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Destro ultimate is too much and shouldn't stack like it does. 2 players using it together with roots and it's an easy wipe of a group. With that and proc sets Cyrodiil is messy. Small groups don't stand a chance anymore. No surprise PvP is full of full groups and zergs now.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro ultimate is too much and shouldn't stack like it does. 2 players using it together with roots and it's an easy wipe of a group. With that and proc sets Cyrodiil is messy. Small groups don't stand a chance anymore. No surprise PvP is full of full groups and zergs now.

@Maff

Did some small group (6man) in skull yesterday and pulled off a great backcap at Sejanus to the tune of a 22.4k offensive tic!!! Big Ep and DC groups fighting on one side of outpost. We tried being sneaky and bringing down opposite wall, got it down, red zerg who was attacking other side storms around back of outpost and we wipe them...Meanwhile blue rebuilds wall...we bring it down again , go in wipe the blues...red meanwhile takes down the wall they were on and we manage to push them out...now blue comes back hard at the breach we created and we have to wipe them again....while still trying to flip the keep!! we get it flipped..get the 22k, and then have an epic defense at the red breach again! got another 10k defensive tic!! it was flipping awesome and some of the most fun I have had in PVP in a while! Pulled in 300k AP last night in total!

ps..I have a counter to the destro ult..message me for details lol