The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been meaning to return to cyrodiil. Haven't even brought a single character in this campaign. Brought 1 last campaign to only tieir 1 and haven't been back since. Got very disenfranchised by all the lag, positional desyncs, and general performance issues I guess. Hopefully soon I'll find myself motivated to return.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a few instances the past week where I simply had to log off after playing for a bit, had my screen freeze and then was unable to log in on that character again right away...

yesterday though even during "prime weekend time" was surprisingly able to play issue free...

I've gotten to the point now where after a few freezes, or some situation where I can't even log back in where I'll just leave it alone for a while...

there was a time when I would get pretty worked up about having to log off, not so much anymore...

the psijic skill time stop is working well on my necro mag...I need to add it in to my magplar rotation also...

decided to run the Vaults of Madness dungeon to farm some gear...I've compled plenty of dungeons on the NA server for gear or just for fun...

on the EU server I've pretty much only spent time pvping...wanna pick up a couple sets worth of rattlecage gear for my necro mag and magplar...pair it with bright throat boast and just use them as time stop bots for a while...

I have a stam dk which I can use as a tank (just watched a good dungeon vid), been a while though since I've pug farmed a dungeon...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 29, 2020 7:06PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I had a few instances the past week where I simply had to log off after playing for a bit, had my screen freeze and then was unable to log in on that character again right away...

yesterday though even during "prime weekend time" was surprisingly able to play issue free...

I've gotten to the point now where after a few freezes, or some situation where I can't even log back in where I'll just leave it alone for a while...

there was a time when I would get pretty worked up about having to log off, not so much anymore...

the psijic skill time stop is working well on my necro mag...I need to add it in to my magplar rotation also...

decided to run the Vaults of Madness dungeon to farm some gear...I've compled plenty of dungeons on the NA server for gear or just for fun...

on the EU server I've pretty much only spent time pvping...wanna pick up a couple sets worth of rattlecage gear for my necro mag and magplar...pair it with bright throat boast and just use them as time stop bots for a while...

I have a stam dk which I can use as a tank (just watched a good dungeon vid), been a while though since I've pug farmed a dungeon...

All I've pretty much been doing lately is dlc vet dungeons and trials. Not so much for gear, but just to do them. Hm and trifectas and whatnot. Popped into cyrodiil last night for a bit. It was pretty bad, but fun for brief moments(When things would actually work) in between freezes/crashes.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually having some fun farming vaults of madness...it's been a while since I've tanked, but, thankfully there's only a few mechanics to the dungeon...

took until the 5th run before I finally got a chance to do the dungeon quest...the group itself wasn't too smooth, a couple of sub 100 cp toons, but, it was the most fun...a couple of players kept dying a bunch...took us forever to burn down the final boss...still, I was able to move slowly and check for chests...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, about 8 or 9 runs in - still trying to collect a rattlecage resto staff, as well as a lightening staff...don't really need it to gear up the two toons i'm farming for, but - i'm stubborn and want those two items :)

today had the most frustrating run...kept disconnecting, and then stayed stuck in combat for a good while (couldn't enter the vault of doom) - what was frustrating though: had a healer that tried to stay away from the fight and literally repeated the same 3 skills the whole dungeon...

needless to say - healing isn't all that critical in non-DLC dungeons, what we really needed was some extra dps...i first noticed it when we had someone leave the group and there was only 3 of us, which is fine, more than enough - if you aren't relying on a tank and 1 dps to burn everything down...

i'm gonna get my necro mag re-fitted tonight, still need to open the psijic skill line for my magplar...gonna go 5 heavy, 2 light with both, just focus on purging allies and time-stopping enemies...

i need to look at some different sets and skills to see if i can maybe mix in some aoe defiles...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thinking of what to match with rattlecage on my necro mag...

i've been on the forums long enough to read folks complain of durok's bane...not sure if it's been nerfed recently, but, might give that a try...selene's is one of the more challenging non-dlc dungeons, but, it may be worth the farm...
    Durok's Bane:
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds per enemy.

wish i new what the global cooldown is on fasalla's guile...supposedly it's zero, so, minor defile on all the time, easy set to get...
    Fasalla's Guile:
    ha, i'm not sure which it is at the moment :)
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) Adds 1487 Armor, While in combat, you apply Minor Defile to any enemy that comes within 5 meters of you for 2 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 8%.

or
    (2 Items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 Items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (4 Items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 Items) Apply Minor Defile to all enemies within 5m,
    reducing their healing received by 15% for 2 seconds.

for my magplar i may just try out juggernaut - i've always wanted to give that set a try :)
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) When you take damage while under 30% Health, heal for 20000. Also grants 20000 Armor for 15 seconds after activating. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.

i don't know, i go through these periods of gameplay where i just don't feel like dying, so, i don't know how to make immortal tanks, but, it's fun when folks can't kill you too easy...

i miss that old phoenix set, used to use it on my mag sorc...after the proc would just streak away...never forget one time i was using vicious death, the phoenix proc killed one player, then the VD proc killed their ally next to them...

only happened once like that, but, it was great...

especially with not being max cp...everyone always targets you...nice to have them attack and hold them off until allies arrive to kill them...probably the thing i enjoy most in cyrodiil...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw something cool in cyro today...

playing DC and we were getting pretty hammered by AD...they just kept coming for our scrolls...at the time we still had rayles and we kept trying to get back glade without any luck...

on one trip from rayles to glade i noticed this level 17 (not sure what class, but, they were using a bow) fighting a cp810 mag sorc (with a pet even)...they were over closer to the farm, thought about actually riding past cuz i wanted to get to glade...

i noticed though the level 17 was holding their own, or, at least not dying, it almost looked like the mag sorc was toying with them...was on my magblade, who's not exactly the toughest toon around, but, hit cloak, lotus fan, incap and a couple of surprise attacks to finish things up...

the level 17 was blocking and roll dodging, so, i'm guessing they had some champion points and well as combat scaling to back them up..

felt like i had done my good deed for the day :)

finished getting everything i need from VoM...just needed one more run to pick up the rattlecage resto staff...really smooth run at that...a little nervous about selene's...i can almost solo VoM, Selene's Web can take forever and be a pain if the other group members aren't that strong...

to be honest, i know rattlecage isn't really that great a set - i just wanted it, and, i know i have to do something "different" for my magplar and necro mag...

on to farming durok's bane...after that i'll dive in to fangs lair for thurvokun...recently picked up a set of thews of the harbinger...i'm still not sure how i'll mix up the sets and rotations on those two characters...

i'm finally starting to get to that point on the EU server where i'm able to to actually put together some "interesting" builds and have my champion points help keep me competitive while fighting...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 2, 2020 6:49AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like i spoke too soon about missing some of the performance issues :(

things have been troublesome the last few days - i'm freezing everywhere now...did have something interesting happen last night - when i logged on to EU Grey Host i was surprised to see DC (we're in last place now) had a good chunk of the map and was even gathering up all the scrolls...very cool to see...

even noticed we had kingscrest and farragut...for the last couple of years i've experienced a good bit of getting gated by EP...back when i played all factions i stayed away from fighting at enemy alliance back keeps, mostly because i myself hate being gated...

now though - i pretty much jump on any opportunity to either capture or defend those two EP home keeps - sorry my Pact friends :#

so, made my way to farragut and was getting ready to defend the inner keep from a couple of EP when i suddenly froze and had to restart the application...i was sooooo frustrated because there's a very good chance that i would have been able to use siege and then later the flag guards to beat just two players (unless they're really good players :))...

when i logged back in i was dead in farragut, so ported in to kingscrest...ended up fighting for about twenty minutes defending kingscrest, had an absolute blast...it took a while for the attackers (there were five of them) to figure out that they couldn't stand underneath two flaming oils while they tried to use their ram :p

along with the oils i set up a fire ballista and meatbag...cold-fire would have worked better, but, there is absolutely no way i'm laying down any good siege equipment with all the freezing happening...

after they finally killed me ported to arrius and posted in zone chat about the kingscrest fight...someone suggested i was wasting my time...i didn't respond that well to their suggestion...my thinking being: get the heck out of here, i'm logging in to have fun and play how and where i want...

went back and forth a bit...the person whom commented about my wasted time defense of kingscrest was leading a small group...later we were trying to crown an emp, i was zerg surfing off their group and we had just taken blue road keep and only needed to take alessia...for some reason we stopped to capture sejanus...

i noticed at BRK though that their group wasn't using siege shields or setting up camps...

on the way to alessia BRK got flagged, there seemed to be enough in the group to go ahead and capture alessia so i rode back to BRK to help defend and give that group enough time to capture the final keep...it was an absolutely spectacular fight at BRK, EP had the inner door down to less than 10%, but, there were maybe four of us that were able to defend and hold the keep...

the fight took a while, meanwhile - the group at alessia was trying to knock down the east wall of alessia - probably because they weren't using siege shields and couldn't attack the front door with oil pouring on them...they also didn't set up any camps...

so after they wiped at alessia, this group leader and some other player started going off in zone chat about how the people defending BRK ruined everything - i'm laughing out loud now even thinking about it...

i tired to explain to them that most folks playing are simply playing the game to relax from a day of taking care of families and working hard to pay bills...

personally, i've been in 30 day campaigns since september of 2015 - so, yeah, hard to take too much of any of this that serious anymore...

i don't think they got it though...i don't always speak up in zone chat, but - it bugs me when other people try to tell you how you should play the game...especially considering that most times when i log in - there's maybe four or five of us DC folks total who are trying to either not get gated and have our scrolls taken, or, trying to get un-gated...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 4, 2020 3:52AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm so excited, gonna head in tonight to fang lair, my first DLC dungeon :)

things went pretty well in selene's web yesterday...did a few runs but still haven't gotten any weapons or jewels for durok's bane...

i'm itching though to try fang lair...was going through selene's yesterday when someone typed out for me to stop moving around so much...ended up asking them a bunch of questions after the run...

i generally taunt the boss then pull them off to the side and usually will roll out of damage rather than simply block it...to be honest though - since i'm always pvping the idea of staying stationary seems crazy to me, but - for tanking it's important...my build is around 45k health with plenty of resistances, but - like i said - i'm kind of squirming around a lot while tanking instead of standing still and simply blocking and pivoting...

my third time through selene's i made it a point to hold my ground and only roll out of the final boss's bear damage...the final boss fight was a little tougher for me, but, i'm starting to understand better what the tank role is...

i'm also getting better at chaining enemies, i'm gonna switch up some stuff to add in talons...i just need to be careful for my stamina sustain...

i've re-fitted my magplar (rattlecage, juggernaut, troll king)...soon i'll have my necro mag up and ready to go once again...will probably go with: durok's bane, thurvokun, and shalk's exoskeleton...i wanna really maximize the goliath and colossus ults...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 5, 2020 2:41AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, fang lair ain't no joke, it's like going from high school to college ball...

i died to some npc in a trash mob :#

i had heard that one of the bosses in the dungeon was bugged (caluurion), so there weren't many people trying to do the dungeon, and the ones there were mostly noobs like me...

didn't make it past "the bear, guar, tiger and wolves"...i had watched a vid, but, i needed to pay closer attention to actually reading through the mechanics - got to focus the tiger, than guar and then the bear...also seems like as the tank i need to deal with the wolves while our whole group circles around the bosses...

my bad for not paying closer attention...i'm comfortable now in selene's web, but, i got lucky when i first started that i had some dungeon pros around me to make it easy...

i think i was kind of counting on the same thing happening in fang lair...

new campaign starts today...probably will run selene's web some more (still need weapons and jewelry) and practice pulling in mobs and focusing bosses...it's nice i can fight in cyrodiil while i queue for a dungeon...

i'll take another stab at fang lair once i've read through the mechanics a few more times to memorize them...

i've healed in dungeons before, i may put together a dungeon healer build just so i don't have to keep playing the same toon over and over again
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, I've been on an absolutely brutal rng run in selene's web...7 runs in and u have a total of 4 unique durkok's bane pieces...

out of 7 runs I've got a total of 1 piece of jewelry (hircine's)...

the last couple of runs I've had groupmates below 300 cp, who kept crashing :#

now I remember why I mostly wear easy to get sets...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 6, 2020 9:52PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank rngeezus, ran in to another farmer whom took pity on me...traded me the chest and resto staff...i don't care if it costs me a 100k, i'll buy the 2 pieces of shalk's exoskeleton i'm still missing (necklace, ring)...probably go with grothdarr (i ain't getting thurvokun any time soon)...

i'm good after 8 runs for durok's bane...selene's does make for a good tank practice though, you have to watch for her bear while trying to still pull adds...i've been roll dodging backwards on the bear, then pivoting to draw selene's towards around the outside of the room...maybe i'm supposed to bring her to the center...

thought ahead and warned the last group about standing next to me while i was with selene...i can't tell ya how many bodies i watched drop next to me :p

i'm curious now if i could have simply held block through the bear...it caught me a couple of times without killing me, just knocked me down...

one of the best tips i got while watching the fang lair mechanics vid (thanks @xynode gaming - if that's you :)) was how useful time stop can be for trash and adds...

can't wait to re-fit my mag necro and take it for a spin in cyrodiil...

i don't know - i do kind of enjoy doing dungeons, but, only if i'm either grouped with vet dungeon pros or i myself understand the mechanics...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 6, 2020 10:31PM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats, great feeling getting that last piece you need! Im sure Ive been one-shot by that bear through block on Vet but Im not sure about Normal, maybe its more forgiving.

Ive had a really fun day in Cyro today on NA, first time in a few weeks that Ive really enjoyed it. Managed to stay away from a lot of the dethroning attempts and just stick to 'normal' old fashioned keep fights. The ones without ball groups running round towers or unkillable werewolves. I miss fights like that!

Finally dropped the 2 hander on my stam necro because of dizzying swings not landing, executioners not doing much damage (nowhere near the 12k that everyone else gets!) and the rally heal bring really underwhelming, if it even goes off. Trying dual wield and bow at the moment and it seems more reliable, the skills seem to connect. I think I'll stick to dual wield for a while. Also trying a 2 piece Kraghs monster set, not sure it actually does anything but the animation looks fun.

Scraped into the top 100 leaderboard as well which I dont think Ive ever done on NA, sitting at the high 80s when I logged off :)
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait @peacatcher...do you play both servers also?

i wonder how many players have active toons on both servers...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know most the folks stopping through here ain't necessarily the beating on npcs type, but - pvp is a bit of an arms race...and, if you're needing to leave the "real" fun of killing your fellow eso participants to go get some better gear and dive in to those dark, scary and stinky dungeons - go here: https://xynodegaming.com/guides/allaboutmechanics/

thanks again xynode...it's not like your solving world hunger or anyhing, but, your ability to communicate and present helps a whole lot...

dungeon crawling makes me pretty anxious, mostly just the fear of not performing properly, letting my pug group down and looking like an idiot, your vids though having a wonderful way of lessening dungeon anxiety...
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I made a character on NA once back when they used to do separate EU/NA maintenance and I wanted a way to keep playing when one server was down. Ive seen a few of my fellow EPs on low level NA characters lately but not many the other way round. There's definitely a Wardevils EU guild though! Havent seen a Thunderslugs EU yet....

Would quite like to give Falkreath Hold a try. Got the gold Pillar of Nirn jewellery a few years ago from the golden vendor with some spare AP but have never been into the dungeon to get any more pieces. Maybe I'll check out one of those guides. Plus I'd love my character Falk to get the Thane of Falkreath title, seems appropriate for him. But yeah its the fear of performing absolutely terribly that stops me from doing more dungeons.
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not exactly sure why, but, the worm has turned for me over on the EU server...

I'm actually starting to win my 1v1's a lot more frequently now...

most likely due to the fact I'm sitting now at around 650 champion points and I'm on roughly my 3rd iteration of gear sets for all my toons...

feels really good to finally be able to compete in 1v1's against max cp players...still run up against some players that are simply better than me and no amount of champion points or better gear sets would matter, but, feels good to at least be able to stay in fights and hold my own...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 17, 2020 4:23PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 days in the campaign to go...

EU:
    - DC, 47.7k
    - EP, 44.8k
    - AD 42.1k
    top score is 9.6 million for jack ward (DC)

NA:
    - DC, 48.3k
    - EP, 46.4k
    - AD, 41.4k
    top score is 14.1 million for gooch (DC)

events like the new life festival generally throw off the score a bit, just less folks than normal in cyrodiil...not sure if DC will hold on the entire 30 days...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been taking a break from dungeoning...got the gear I needed (except for the thurvokun from fang lair), and I've finished reaching tier 3 on everyone on EU...

gonna play the next couple of weeks on NA...maybe look over some builds to see if any improvements are needed...

playing my NA werewolf and vampire characters...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 21, 2020 6:19AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrote this down on a different thread, just wanted to place it here in case i wanna look back on it down the road :)

Geo's Crafty Bret [magblade] [NA]
    Geo's Magic Man [magplar] [NA]
    Geo's Party Elf (x 2) [mag sorc, magblade] [NA, EU]
    Geo's Mister Nice Guy (x 2) [stamplar, stam dk] [NA, EU]
    Geo's Imp [stam dk] [NA]
    Geo's Sneaky Ass [stamblade] [NA]
    Geo's Dragonbreath [mag dk] [NA]
    Geo's Sylvester [stam warden] [NA]
    Geo's Likes-to-Watch (x 2) [mag warden, mag sorc] [NA, EU]
    Geo's Little Big Man [stam sorc] [NA]
    Geo's Main Man [magplar] [EU]
    Geo's Nature Boy [stam warden] [EU]
    Geo's Deadman [stam necro] [EU]
    Geo's Nordic Night [mag necro] [EU]

when i first started gaming - i used to name all my saved games Geo's "something or another" and it's just stayed with me...

i can only imagine how weird folks may think i am when they run across my toons in cyro with all similar looking names...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 23, 2020 5:57AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you are on several of them at the same time! lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for all you celebrating the birth of the baby jesus (whom I’m sure was a million times cuter than that big eared and eyes looking green rat thing rolling with mando) – hope you have a wonderful and safe day…

for all you folks not celebrating anything in particular tomorrow – I hope you have a wonderful and safe day too…cuz, why not…having a good day should be like a daily goal…

well, we did it, DC just killed the map on NA...

literally everyone started typing: "what now" in zone chat at the same time once the entire map was blue...at the start of the day EP had been up by a few hundred...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gone through (tier 3) on my NA stamplar, stamblade, mag dk, and stam dk...all of them performed really well except for my stam dk...

recently changed that stam dk from more of a tanky toon to more damage oriented...just doesn't feel as lethal as my stamblade, stamplar or stam warden and not nearly as survivable as any of them either...

I don't know, right now I'm wearing 5 medium/2 heavy, 2H/bow, blood spawn, seventh legion and new moon acolyte...I can see some changes in the future...

maybe go back to some SnB, DoT and poison damage, 5 piece heavy armor type build...

just feels weird having to be so mobile and roll dodging a bunch on a dk...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 25, 2020 8:08AM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy holidays!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    i know most the folks stopping through here ain't necessarily the beating on npcs type, but - pvp is a bit of an arms race...and, if you're needing to leave the "real" fun of killing your fellow eso participants to go get some better gear and dive in to those dark, scary and stinky dungeons - go here: https://xynodegaming.com/guides/allaboutmechanics/

thanks again xynode...it's not like your solving world hunger or anyhing, but, your ability to communicate and present helps a whole lot...

dungeon crawling makes me pretty anxious, mostly just the fear of not performing properly, letting my pug group down and looking like an idiot, your vids though having a wonderful way of lessening dungeon anxiety...

Thank you very much indeed for the shoutout and website share! Sorry for delayed response, it has been a busy time lol! ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @xynode ...

awwww, thanks for stopping by :)

I hope the holidays aren't driving you too crazy...it's "winter" out here in southern california, so i've been needing to watch out for all those holiday cookies and fudge, and, resisting the urge to not hide under the covers and play games all day while it's a little chilly outside...

thanks again for all the excellent work you accomplish in helping others with the game...

I had read somewhere you mentioning the amount of time and effort to produce your vids and site content - that's a whole lot of effort and I for one (I know I'm most definitely not alone) really appreciate it...

just from some other threads I was able to get a feel for just how others viewed your work - what you do seems to really click for a whole bunch of folks...

it's nice to have someone feed you information in such an interesting and easy fashion to understand...

not everyone is able to do that, you have a really good knack for training/teaching...

it's funny, I know a lot of eso players cringe at the thought of jumping in to pvp...i have a similar feeling towards dungeoning...

after a couple of runs of the same dungeon it goes away, but - that first time or two through feels like a lot of pressure...

I feel silly for even writing that, but it's true...your vids eliminate a lot of the doubt and confusion I have entering in to some of the toughest pve spots in eso...

oh well, again thanks and I hope you're able to relax and enjoy the day...

geo
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and, a very happy new year and day to you all :)

i just love having 17 toons with which to pvp with, the challenge though is keeping them combat ready overt time with all the changes to gears and abilities...

spent most of the week re-tooling some of my NA toons - literally hours upon hours of putting stuff together for each toon that gets a makeover...

changed my stam dk from 2H and bow back to SnB and bow, also went back to wearing 5 pieces of heavy armor: sellixtrex, seventh legion, deadly strike...

updated my stam warden to: stormfist (just wanted to give it a try, not so impressed so far), hunding's rage, spriggan's thorn...also back to 5 heavy, still using dual wield and bow...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcomed another dominion deserter in to the covenant forces, moved over my argonian mag warden...

wanted to have some fun and put him in earthgore, draugr heritage and juggernaut...needless to say - i can't really kill anything - but, i had a few encounters today where some very motivated enemies couldn't really kill me either...

i'll probably switch to some more offensive sets at some point soon, for now - i just like being so hard to kill...

next up on switching NA alliances, my bosmer stam sorc...that'll only leave my red magplar and yellow mag sorc that aren't blue yet...

gonna re-fit my stam sorc in to some selene's, unfathomable darkness(read on another thread how well it was synergizing with hurricane :p ) and bone-pirate...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhhhhh, been wondering for a while what the heck was that green cloud swirling around underneath me...

if I'm on a character with easy access to purge, barely notice it...if not though, gotta do some healing or it'll rip through your health...

hunter's venom from the venomous smite set...the nightblade I was fighting coupled it with sheer venom...

I think I may just need to collect it and try it out on one of my toons...

I don't get upset from death recaps - I try to learn...

although, I actually got hit for 52k damage from a cold-fire when I first got on...I couldn't believe the number- I had to check and see if i had my armor equipped...that huge number and not having a chance for any of my armor sets (draugr heritage, juggernaut, earthgore) to proc bugged me a bit...

I dodged rolled, popped a pot and started hitting buttons, and then fell over and died...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 2, 2021 9:40AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, my bosmer stam sorc is now a proud member of the daggerfall covenant...

updated him to 7 medium velidreth, unfathomable darkness and bone-pirate, he swings a two hander and uses a bow...he's one of the few characters i have that is built for all offense...i'm able to do that cuz of all the mobility from hurricane and the medium armor...

my stam wardens, mag sorc's and stamblade are also primarily focused on offense...

too funny, that's (5) out of (17) toons that can really put out some decent damage and kill folks...the other (12) though - not so much...the good news there though is, for many of them it's going to take you and a couple of friends to kill me quick :)

actually got (15) toons (7 EU, 8 NA) to tier 3 this campaign, it's been a while since i've done that...it's nice - the jewelry is worth about 3 zircon platings on each of the different servers after deconstruction...

my EP nord magplar was the second character i created, my AD altmer mag sorcerer was the third toon i built and started fighting in cyrodiil...

i'm going to keep those two toons in the alliances they started in...i'll just play them during mid-year mayhem and the imperial city events...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 5, 2021 12:10AM