The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you sound bitter at all...just a little frustrated at the moment...

it's funny, for the first couple of years I played I had absolutely no clue about optimizing a build/rotation...

at that time i was already okay at competing...then after following this forum, doing research on different websites and getting advice from better players I totally re-tooled most of my existing characters and made sure to optimize any new toons I built...

and you know what - it made a difference, but, i was still only an average player...that was a little frustrating for a time...

part of the issue for myself is rotating through all my different toons when i pvp...you really need to focus on just one build for an extended period of time to get really really good fighting with a particular build...

i came to terms with the fact that I'd rather play a lot of different builds and go at a slower pace than really compete at a higher level...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 18, 2020 4:26PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell you - of all the different fighting skills (sustain, damage mitigation, buffs, de-buffs, heals) there is no doubt the hardest is to learn to execute/finish off other players...

you really need a plan for each of your toons against different types of builds...

that's just really hard to do and takes both knowledge of your build and the builds you're fighting against...

which basically boils down to needing to focus fighting with a single build and to do a bunch of dueling, which i don't really like to do...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Peacatcher Are you running impen trait on your gear? I’ve accepted my skills as B level on a good day and learned the names of players to run from. It can get frustrating but it’s also a lot of fun when you get it down. There are some players that I know I just can’t take one on one. Becoming ok with that made it more fun.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    @Peacatcher Are you running impen trait on your gear? I’ve accepted my skills as B level on a good day and learned the names of players to run from. It can get frustrating but it’s also a lot of fun when you get it down. There are some players that I know I just can’t take one on one. Becoming ok with that made it more fun.

Yep, all 7 pieces plus about 1000 crit rrsist from CP. Its just a (lack of) skill issue Im sure.

Anyway how is everyone else finding the campaign?
    Ps4 EU
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talion the Mighty - Report to the Grand Warlord

Things have been tough in the field lately. It seems the Ebonheart Pact has become the Ebonheart Horde. Their numbers are incredible and despite our best efforts the Dominion is being dominated. The red menace had moved as far south as Castle Bloodmayne and based on all reports, they had a substantial force staged there. I knew I wouldn't be able to take the castle alone but still, I mounted up and headed out the Gate of Mnem to see what could be done. Commonly, the Lumber Mill is the first resource to take back, it's basically a straight shot north out of the gate. So that's where I headed. I'm not only Mighty, but also lazy efficient. I raced towards the mill and rode straight into the tower luring the guard and healer with me. Dashing up the stairs, I buffed up and killed the tower mage, turned around and took out the healer followed by the guard. I paused a moment to catch my breath and then went out the tower door to deal with the group on the flag only to see two more Dominion warriors engaged already. I wasn't alone! The three of us were still not enough of a force to take the castle back, but there were skirmishes all around the area. Perhaps our guerilla resource warfare would help whoever was leading the main attack. After a quick greeting, "Hello", they headed north towards the farm and I decided to take the less traveled route towards the mine.

Riding behind Castle Bloodmayne which was draped in the barbaric Ebonheart colors was eerie. Where was this force I kept hearing reports of? It was quiet... too quiet. I hoped there was a large force of good guys at the front door that would keep the enemy's attention off me. I heard reports of an assault on the front door. Arriving at the mine I saw there were four other Dominion soldiers already mopping up the guards. I joined in and began burning the red dragon flag and raising the golden eagle.

News was trickling in, the assault on the front door had failed. There was no one keeping the horde's attention somewhere else. Suddenly I saw movement to the north and there it was, an army of Pact brutes riding towards our small group at the mine. "Bloody hell", I said aloud. I whistled quickly for my majestic elk and planned to get out of there. Maybe head back to the gate, I don't know... something other than getting mowed down by Sparky's Big Red Machine. The others I was with drew their weapons and prepared to meet their makers. Godspeed optimists! Not me though, I took off. I looked back to see the red wave absolutely smash the speck of yellow in their midst. I also saw one brute had peeled off and was chasing me!

It was a race to the gate and despite my maxed out riding skills, he had rapid maneuvers slotted and he was gaining on me! A fully leveled champion 810 whose rank insignia was obscured by the heat of battle. I looked back when I rode near the river and he was the only one I could see. My elk took a few arrows and was going to go down soon so it looks like I had to dismount and face this guy. He charged quickly and began swinging away with his two-handed maul. I took one on the chin, and it didn't feel great. He was whirling this hammer faster than anyone should be able to. I may be old but I didn't make General without killing a few enemies. First things first, I need some breathing room here. This guy is relentlessly in my face so I do what any good Templar does, and I politely asked him to back up with a javelin to face.

This gave me the moment I needed to get set and go from defense to offense. Now I don't know if this hammer-spammer knows me or not, but I'm also a master alchemist and I happened to have some health+magic+immovability potions handy. You can hit me with that hammer but I'm not going anywhere. It was intense, I could feel the blood pounding in my ears. Talion the Mighty, one on one with an equally leveled foe. He was aggressive and confident, not only did he chase me a long way alone, but he was spinning those uppercuts like it was the only move he practiced. As the legendary fighter Bruce Lee once said, "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times". Back and forth along the banks of the river, the two fighters exchanged blows. Spears of holy light engaged with the cold steel of a hammer. Critically he rushed towards me again and again, dizzying swing after dizzying swing. Spears whirled and flew. He was lit with the purifying light of the gods, and with a well timed combination of spears, fire, and the gods' own light the Pact soldier fell dead near the running water of the river.

Talion the Mighty, the grizzled veteran who isn't as fast as so many of his enemies seem to be, let out a victorious yell, "WoOoOoOooo!" Then, before any reinforcements could arrive, mounted up and raced towards the gate of Mnem. The war may not be going well, but that battle was a rare mark in the win column.
    Edited by Ballcap on May 20, 2020 10:04PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice and fitting...the exploits of our very own talion the mighty was comment number five thousand...

I've been waiting for us to hit that mark...thanks ballcap, and to everyone else whom has kicked in over the last few years...

it's fun to take this eso ride with you all :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back to business - has anyone else noticed an issue with firing off their siege?

the last week or so it feels like my siege is taking longer to activate...
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    back to business - has anyone else noticed an issue with firing off their siege?

They seemed to be working fine to me a few days ago. Were you playing during prime time, because that might be the problem.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody has been stealth deleting comments, his post is #4956 for me, interesting.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

They seemed to be working fine to me a few days ago. Were you playing during prime time, because that might be the problem.

no, I was on the EU sever so it was off-hours...probably just lag, but, it really felt like there was a consistent 1 to 2 second delay between squeezing the trigger and firing or pouring...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody has been stealth deleting comments, his post is #4956 for me, interesting.

man, we really have seen a lot of folks come and go tequila...
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I just gave you a friendly hello atop Brk
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole EP server just said hello back! I feel loved.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Nord_Raseri :)

I'm blue all the time on the EU server, on the NA server I rotate about every 3 or 4 months between the different factions...

I have 3 red toons (magplar, mag dk vamp, stam sorc werewolf) that are a blast to play...been playing red for about 2 months now...

always fun to be standing up on the second floor by yourself or with an ally or two and watch angry hordes of enemies running heading your way...

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you Nord_Raseri to say hi...
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Geo, it's Nord-Oskilgetinn on PSN.
    watch angry hordes of enemies running heading your way
    My absolute favorite thing in cyrodiil, no sarcasm. If I'm dying, it's got to be bloody.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happy friday...couple of notes from the front lines with 10 days left in the campaign:

- really tight battle on NA gray host with all 3 alliances within about 3k points of each other...

- over on the EU server EP is out in front with AD pushing them for the top spot...my blue crew is once again stuck firmly in third...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah baby, finally got my yellow and red necromancers in to gray host on the EU server...all seven toons there are blue now...

played both of them today for a few hours each...they performed pretty well...mag necro is wearing: troll king, undertaker and bright throat, ice destro/resto, 5 light/2 heavy...stam necro is wearing: sellixtrex, spriggans, new moon acolyte, SnB/bow, 5 medium/2 heavy...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    staying red for now on the NA server...I wanna play my mag dk who's a vampire...

what folks from the pts said about the vampire is absolutely correct - if you're infected with vampirism, you have to play it now as a vampire...you can't just have it for the passives...

I didn't notice any issues with dying or sustain...had to slot and use some of the vamp abilities now though...

the scion looks pretty cool...similiar to the necromancer colossus...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 load screens last night on one ride from KC to Arrius.

New personal best :smile:
    PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with those EP zergs! lmao
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    6 load screens last night on one ride from KC to Arrius.

New personal best :smile:

thankfully I didn't disconnect, but, yep pretty much whenever the flags flip in a keep I'm losing control...

at one point my abilities were all delayed by 3 to 5 seconds...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 11, 2020 8:46PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, in case you play a vamp - having a big fat zero for health recovery feels as weird as it looks...

didn't really hurt my performance, but after jumping down off the outer keep wall on my mount - i definitely kept staring at my health bar - waiting for something to happen...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weather forecast for weekend cyro: zergy, very zergy :)

got to check out of the new lance siege...looks cool, nice animation and sound...

I heard they're in the gladiator rucksacks...or, at least a piece of the puzzle is in them...I need to read up on how to pick one up exactly...

definitely wanna start collecting some of them...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To begin, visit the Antiquarian Circle, located in the city of Solitude, in Western Skyrim. There, speak with Verita Numida, who will introduce you to the Antiquarian's Eye, and teach you the skills needed to begin seeking Antiquities.

ah, did not know that I needed to go acquire some additional skill lines to go get the lance...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy grinding! :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been a couple of weeks, still no sign of a "lead" for the siege lance...that's okay, I'm kind of over it...

once again got reminded of the huge difference between my 10 NA max cp toons versus my 7 EU cp500 toons...

1 v 1 with a similiar build (2H stam dk) on the EU server, it wasn't even close...granted i switch characters all the time so my rotations aren't always so smooth, but, cp500 versus cp max ain't really a fair fight...

doesn't help that the weapons and gear for a lot of max cp toons are gold, but, yeah, the difference is still huge...

thankfully there's a lot more to cyro than simply dueling...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 21, 2020 4:48PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 5 of the lances..they look really cool
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still remember the first time I visited your home - you had stuff in there I didn't even know was in the game :)
    Edited by geonsocal on June 26, 2020 4:36PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to jinx anything, but, it sort of, kind of, maybe, just possibly seems like the stuck in combat bug may not be as bad as it once was...

hard to be sure, but, it seems that way...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing I love most about mid-year mayhem (live and in effect for the next week or so) is that the AP I earn actually seems like fair reward for all the work I do in cyro...

I have millions of AP on both severs, but, it feels good to see the AP come flooding in...