The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @Curragraigue ...I think a bunch of us whom primarily play pvp have the feeling a change of pace may not be such a bad idea at this point...

hopefully a balance to those programmed random occurrences' (procs - another phrase I'd have never learned about had I not joined the forum :p) sets going off every 2 seconds...

maybe more importantly - we could probably use some new turf to fight over...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    getting ready to go have some fun...

I'm going to turn back on treasure hunter (serious gimp move in pvp :#) on my main and go try to collect the dozen or so chests from the cyro treasure maps I have...

I'm putting the over/under for deaths at about 3...we'll see :)

hmmmmm, wondering why we don't have IC treasure maps???
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone...hopefully ya'll have been able to game to your heart's content during the holiday :)

finally got my 8th character into cyro...he's an EP bosmer sorcerer...normally as soon as i bring a new character in (I believe he'll be my final character) - i'll have them go to IC to collect all the skyshards...

not only was I able to collect the skyshards, but, I got lucky and was able to tag behind a group that went to the center of the sewers and had a chance to get the skyshard in the center as well as defeat that simulacrum of molag bal a couple of times...definitely pretty cool thing to do with such a low level character...

looks like at the time EP is having a strong push on the map...

I know lag and the whole zergfest thing keeps a lot of players out of scourge - it's nice to see the map alive and well today...

Edit: just received the largest offensive tick to date - 10.1k AP for taking aleswell...was playing EP at the time, I swear it took at least an hour to take the keep...it definitely wasn't a sure thing either...DC defended well and AD was involved in the fight for about the last 30 to 40 minutes or so...there was yellow, blue and red all fighting inside the outer walls...fun fight :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2016 3:41AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well.. thats enough crippling lag in pvp for one day. When yellow and red just dethroned blue 5 minutes ago, my frame rate looked like a photo album. Thank you Zeni.
    PS4 NA DC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. thats enough crippling lag in pvp for one day. When yellow and red just dethroned blue 5 minutes ago, my frame rate looked like a photo album. Thank you Zeni.

right on @GreenSoup2HoT...which side were you on?...yeah, it kept taking about 30 seconds for my atronoch to drop :# ...

when it gets that choppy I just basically start "mashing" buttons, cuz I have no idea how long it'll take for my abilities to fire off...basically I heal about every 15 seconds - better safe than sorry :p

Edit: that's funny, that was about enough for me too...

Edit to the edit: just got the enemy player bounty - hard to call it a night when that one pops up...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2016 3:51AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

right on @GreenSoup2HoT...which side were you on?...yeah, it kept taking about 30 seconds for my atronoch to drop :# ...

when it gets that choppy I just basically start "mashing" buttons, cuz I have no idea how long it'll take for my abilities to fire off...basically I heal about every 15 seconds - better safe than sorry :p

I'm dc, see signature. The lag was the worst i've seen in a long time. I wouldn't doubt that i had 15 frames that entire fight. Lag like that is so off putting.
    PS4 NA DC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm dc, see signature. The lag was the worst i've seen in a long time. I wouldn't doubt that i had 15 frames that entire fight. Lag like that is so off putting.

I don't really have a good frame of reference for mmo's and lag...good or bad, eso is all I know...

I can't even imagine what it would be like to get in a large scale fight without it (that's kinda sad)...

the phone view doesn't reveal signatures (i'm stuck on a computer all day at work, so, when I'm at the house I avoid mine like it's the root of all evil)...then again, I think trying to read stuff off my phone is seriously messing up my eyes :s

you're 100% right about that loud and obnoxious log in music...if, I log out while I'm downstairs I can immediately hear that music blaring away upstairs...

@GreenSoup2HoT- that's very cool you have your own guild, seems like a lot of work, although, it also seems like a good way of surrounding yourself with other good/like minded pvp players...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When did they dethrone yesterday? I got off around 5pm EST after doing some Bleakers farming.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It must really hurt when DC lose emperorship for a whole hour.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

It must really hurt when DC lose emperorship for a whole hour.

reiverx pls 1.0 You silly goose, you know as well as I do that we could 1v2 this emp and win.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx pls 1.0 You silly goose, you know as well as I do that we could 1v2 this emp and win.

My frustration with Scourge is seeping through.

@GreenSoup2HoT - Sorry man. That was harsh.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No worries. I get just as frustrated as you in pvp. Balance is whack and lag is terrible.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I understand, I took a break to level a MagSorc. :) I might do the same with my MagDK once Christmas comes around.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to get all sappy and corny - but, I just wanted to thank all of you whom regularly post here...

firstly, I love reading the stories and especially some of the behind the story stories :) ...

all of what I write is from the perspective of someone whom has never played an mmo before and someone whom has all the social graces of the unabomber (okay, maybe that's a little extreme - suffice to say my social circle has a pretty small radius though :o)...

secondly, and, maybe even more importantly - i'm not big on conflict or reading a lot of disparaging comments...it literally upsets my stomach...conflict and arguing mean unresolved issues - unresolved issues tend to haunt me (okay, that's probably enough self reveal for the next month or so :#)...

giphy.gif
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh the water is wet and wild tonight ladies and gentlemen (have we had any lady posters on the thread?)...

a little choppy at times though, yeah - choppy like on that show the "deadliest catch" ...yikes, at one point I saw someone's health go to zero and stay there for about 10 to 15 seconds...it's happened to me once before wearing the Phoenix set...

it was a little frustrating at the time cuz I had kinda over committed and was thinking I was gonna get them out of there quickly - that didn't work out so well...

have come to realize, that no matter how many people are out there fighting - if your health drops to less than 50%, at least a few folks are going to immediately focus on getting you out of there...I know it's what I look for...

playing AD - had some great "open" field skirmishes with DC between roebuck and nikel...great fight (hmmmmm, I'm beginning to notice that most of the "great" fights I'm in involve my side coming out on top - i wonder >:))...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 29, 2016 4:05AM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had one of my favorite bugs happen last night on the bridge......screen started shaking like an earthquake, then the screen slowly started panning further and further out until I had a view of cyro from the clouds.....minus the whole resetting app thing, it is always pretty cool when that happens..
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    Had one of my favorite bugs happen last night on the bridge......screen started shaking like an earthquake, then the screen slowly started panning further and further out until I had a view of cyro from the clouds.....minus the whole resetting app thing, it is always pretty cool when that happens..

howdy @wazzz56 ...i get that sometimes after the inner keep wall goes back up...i start getting all paranoid that i'm about to be "blue screened"...i start frantically trying to swap weapons, mount, dismount and go in and out of the door :#

I finished my night off at the bridge...i know it serves no real useful purpose in terms of the alliance war (it actually hinders both EP and AD in terms of trying to control DC) - i gotta say though, it's a lot of fun...i'm still waiting for the first time i knock someone off the tower into the water below - it's coming :D

so, it looks like you've been in the game for awhile - just wondering, did you ever participate in those wild melee's in the arena district in IC back when Azura's Star was the main campaign (and before they added flags to IC)?
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

howdy @wazzz56 ...i get that sometimes after the inner keep wall goes back up...i start getting all paranoid that i'm about to be "blue screened"...i start frantically trying to swap weapons, mount, dismount and go in and out of the door :#

I finished my night off at the bridge...i know it serves no real useful purpose in terms of the alliance war (it actually hinders both EP and AD in terms of trying to control DC) - i gotta say though, it's a lot of fun...i'm still waiting for the first time i knock someone off the tower into the water below - it's coming :D

so, it looks like you've been in the game for awhile - just wondering, did you ever participate in those wild melee's in the arena district in IC back when Azura's Star was the main campaign (and before they added flags to IC)?

@geonsocal

I certainly did! Used to get some crazy awesome action down there, in practically any campaign! Was getting nostalgic about those days the other day actually.

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wazzz56 ...man, I got addicted to it - after pretty much playing there exclusively for a few months, the combat in cyro was pretty simple and easy...

I think the bridge and outpost fights are a recreation of those crazy and intense arena district melee's...

only difference is now AD can participate...I remember the way the arena district was set up - it was primarily made for EP and DC to fight one another...

the first and pretty much only time I ever had a "bomber" build was playing AD in the arena district - i used to sneak in as close as i could to the action and start streaking and blowing myself up...wasn't really that much fun for my AD characters :)
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal addicting is an understatement! and it was tough on AD...used to get some awesome 2,3,4 v X's down there though..I miss it, Stam sorc with speed pots was super fun to run through those big groups.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy all :)

bit of a long shot on this one - but, I would love to hear some perspective of scourge from some of our pvp buddies over in australia, oceania and asia-pacific...

there seems to be a big misconception that there's a bunch of tweakers (meth heads basically) sprinkled around the states that stay up all night dominating the map with their DC toons...

i play out here on the west coast so i have the opportunity some nights to see the incoming players from across the pacific logging in and going out to play in cyro...

my observation has been both their gear and tactics are pretty darn good...

for the life of me - i just can't figure out why do so many of them play for DC...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 2, 2016 11:15PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Australia and play DC in Scourge. I'm West Coast as well though so it is morning on the East Coast of the US when I join so most of the people I play with are US people in Cyrodiil. Probably not the time period you are looking for but I will give my perspective.

Usually one bar blue, 0-1 bar red and 0 bar yellow when I'm on. Usually blue has everything to Chal or Arrius and everything to Ash or Roe. I usually spend 2-3 hours defending red border and then yellow border switching between the two depending on who is attacking. If red and yellow attack at the same time they usually have the numbers for one of them to take something. Usually DC has more numbers when only one attacks which has been more common of late at this time. If AD brought an organised guild to the server early morning US it would help competition at the time I'm on.

As for why DC for me, the guild I was in on PC were DC so most of the characters I created before transfer were DC.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Curragraigue ...you rock!!!

thank you so much...

hmmmmmm, it would seem as though I've got my time zones confused - who (or where) in the world are all the players coming from that start logging on around 10pm p.s.t. and begin absolutely crushing the map for DC???
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Curragraigue ...you rock!!!

thank you so much...

hmmmmmm, it would seem as though I've got my time zones confused - who (or where) in the world are all the players coming from that start logging on around 10pm p.s.t. and begin absolutely crushing the map for DC???

You were most likely right with guessing Oceania as that is 5pm East Coast Australia and 7pm NZ. It is only 3pm here on the West Coast of Australia though. I usually don't get into Cyrodiil until 8pm my time, so 3am PST.

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a little weird, but, all you hear about in group chats (and, kinda on the forums too) for AD and EP is how all DC is good at is nightcapping...

all I can ever think of when I hear that is - well, it's not night everwhere...

I've had a chance to play alongside those folks late at night here in the states - man, they're like a freakin wrecking machine...a very well oiled wrecking machine...no doubt though having crazy number advantages helps a bunch...

it's just odd to me so many play for DC and not EP or AD...
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read through some of the older threads it is nothing new. PC had the same problem. Usually a few large guilds swap factions and then a new faction has an imbalance and the night capping complaints come out.

Recent Scourge PS4 campaign where we had a number of blues swapped to Red and Red won Scourge.

I've had the debate so often it boils down to a few points for me. I don't PvDoor more than one keep. If I knock and no one comes to defend a keep then I either just defend keeps or I go PvE. I'm here for PvP not PvDoor. If people are there fighting then game on because although campaigns may be quiet it is the only time I can get on. I paid for the game so I will play the game whether others think of it as night capping is their business. Only other rule, campaign wise, that I follow is never push to a gate unless going for a scroll.
    Edited by Curragraigue on December 3, 2016 1:16AM

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the debate so often it boils down to a few points for me. I don't PvDoor more than one keep. If I knock and no one comes to defend a keep then I either just defend keeps or I go PvE. I'm here for PvP not PvDoor. If people are there fighting then game on because although campaigns may be quiet it is the only time I can get on. I paid for the game so I will play the game whether others think of it as night capping is there business. Only other rule, campaign wise, that I follow is never push to a gate unless going for a scroll.

I have a horse in every race - so, it shouldn't really bug me much, but, yeah - i liked it when EP won a couple of campaigns ago...I wish AD could figure out a way to put a complete campaign together and win...

parity truly is more enjoyable for me at least...

talk about getting pvdoored...I remember when my characters were spread out all over the place...I had one AD character in Thornblade and it would get so bad that when I logged in and arrived at one of the home base wayshrines - some days there would literally be enemy players inside our gate and waiting right outside the wall...

it was a little discouraging at times :(
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the debate so often it boils down to a few points for me. I don't PvDoor more than one keep. If I knock and no one comes to defend a keep then I either just defend keeps or I go PvE. I'm here for PvP not PvDoor. If people are there fighting then game on because although campaigns may be quiet it is the only time I can get on. I paid for the game so I will play the game whether others think of it as night capping is there business. Only other rule, campaign wise, that I follow is never push to a gate unless going for a scroll.

I have a horse in every race - so, it shouldn't really bug me much, but, yeah - i liked it when EP won a couple of campaigns ago...I wish AD could figure out a way to put a complete campaign together and win...

parity truly is more enjoyable for me at least...

talk about getting pvdoored...I remember when my characters were spread out all over the place...I had one AD character in Thornblade and it would get so bad that when I logged in and arrived at one of the home base wayshrines - some days there would literally be enemy players inside our gate and waiting right outside the wall...

it was a little discouraging at times :(

Exactly the reason why I won't push to a gate and gate camp. The fastest way to kill a campaign.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played some on my DC dk again...3rd day now - gotta be honest, it's gotten a little too easy...

saw something totally ironic and weird tonight ...so this guy I saw stealing a DC controlled yellow scroll from a DC keep and deliver it back to AD (will call him "white lines") - is crown for this DC group I joined tonight...needless to say, didn't stay too long once I figured it out...

the last couple of days I've been kinda burning out on outpost fighting...headed in to IC tonight to find something a little more intense (basically wanted to fight against some of the OP players on the map)...

I still have another 120 or so cp points to hit cap, so I am most definitely not OP - however, having OP allies around me let's me be competitive and stay upright and fighting, having fun...

definitely found what I was looking for - when I got on DC only had control of the memorial district - fortunately though there were about 8 to 10 other DC players there...for those of you whom play IC, you know - if you have a group of around 10 players, you can have a lot of fun...we had a chance to fight off multiple attacks from both AD and EP players - fortunately, in the memorial district the DC platform is the closet to the flag :D ...real good times...

even got to fight a couple of EP monsters in the sewers...them and one of those stupid "flag" guys were kicking butt right outside our sewer base door - another great fight (never saw either EP player die)...

just for fun - i'm doing a little platform farming/sniping in the arena district >:)

yeah, this was the pvp I needed :p
    Edited by geonsocal on December 3, 2016 8:02AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was out and about in reapers march (just turned my 2nd character to vamp), waited to level 35 this time (last time I turned a character at 12, they're level 37 and still not maxed)...

came across this book called: The Legendary Scourge...found out Scourge was the name of Malacath's mace...pretty cool...

unfortunately though - for the life of my I can't remember exactly who the heck Malacath is though - sorry you TES lore folks...I'm slipping up :p