The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So guys, how many blue screens are you getting per day during this event?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey vietfox...hope all is well for ya...outside of "normal" (how sad is it to have to say that) game performance, haven't really noticed things to be worse than usual...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been playing my red and yellow necromancers over on the EU server...

it's so rare that there's enough of a pvp pop outside of kaal to usually be able to pvp with them...

it's been cool to discover just how tough it is to kill my necro mag...

got him in troll king, bright throat, and undertaker...can't do much damage, but, hard to kill me now when I play him...

I'm up to cp380 now, so, things are far from evened out against max cp players, but, I can tank up a little better with some of my toons...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    over on the NA been getting quick tickets from the imperial city district daily quests...

man do I love it when it gets to be zerg versus zerg in the districts...the environment is just so much more enjoyable and interesting for group fighting compared to either battlegrounds or cyrodiil...
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    been playing my red and yellow necromancers over on the EU server

What is your username?
    I got only AD characters so we might play together someday or... against each other ;)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats DC NA 2 in a row!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats DC NA 2 in a row!
    What an insane campaign. I looked at the score on Sunday, with 4 days to go in a 30 day campaign, and at noon there were 6 points separating #1 from #3 with a total of over 231,000 points scored between the three factions. 6 points!! That might have been the most competitive 30 Day CP campaign I've ever seen on PS4 NA. Love it.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

What is your username?
    I got only AD characters so we might play together someday or... against each other ;)

howdy vietfox, I'm Geo-n-SoCal on the ps4...

still trying to decide which map (faction locked or un-locked) I'll put my DC characters on over on the EU server when they switch the campaigns up during the next release...

I wanna keep my blue guys on the faction locked map, but, I don't wanna sentence them to a dead map...

I have a feeling that the 30 day cp faction un-locked map will probably be the most populated map...

i'm starting to think that maybe I should have kept everyone on just one alliance on the EU server...

over on the NA server I'll probably keep everyone on the unlocked map...I have no real faction loyalty there...I've just spent to much time fighting on each of those toons...

Edit: someone had the new maps listed on another thread:
    Blackreach: 30 day CP-enabled, Non-Alliance Locked
    Ravenwatch: 30 day No CP, Non-Alliance Locked
    Gray Host: 30 day CP-enabled, Alliance Locked
    Icereach: 10-49 Campaign
    Edited by geonsocal on February 1, 2020 5:00AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What is your username?

howdy vietfox, I'm Geo-n-SoCal on the ps4...

still trying to decide which map (faction locked or un-locked) I'll put my DC characters on over on the EU server when they switch the campaigns up during the next release...

I wanna keep my blue guys on the faction locked map, but, I don't wanna sentence them to a dead map...

I have a feeling that the 30 day cp faction un-locked map will probably be the most populated map...

i'm starting to think that maybe I should have kept everyone on just one alliance on the EU server...

over on the NA server I'll probably keep everyone on the unlocked map...I have no real faction loyalty there...I've just spent to much time fighting on each of those toons...

Edit: someone had the new maps listed on another thread:
    Blackreach: 30 day CP-enabled, Non-Alliance Locked
    Ravenwatch: 30 day No CP, Non-Alliance Locked
    Gray Host: 30 day CP-enabled, Alliance Locked
    Icereach: 10-49 Campaign

As far as i know Kaal is the only active campaign in PS4 EU, the other ones are either dead or used by one faction to get the emp achievement.
  • UglyTriangle
    UglyTriangle
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't PvP'd in a long, long time. I stepped in for the MM event and had a ton of fun with it, besides getting blue-screened several times a day. Congrats DC!
    Bobo the Cowardly | Warden | Healer/MagDPS
    Spooky-Scary-Skeletons | Necromancer | MagDPS
    Incoherent-Screeching | Nightblade | MagDPS
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    which server did you play on - EU or NA?

classes, gear, abilities have all undergone a gazillion changes over the last 5 years or so, but - at the end of the day it's still just you and your character fighting with and against other players...which yeah - is usually a lot of fun :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow, caught the low pop bonus and still had the pelinal scroll active, no delve boss bonus, but, still made 200k AP in an hour on the map...

pretty sure that's the best AP farm I've ever done...

determined to earn the IC siegemaster costume over on the NA server...still need about another month and a half of collecting those cyrodiil merit fragments...

it's fun though just to hang out in IC on one of my nightblades...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 5, 2020 8:34AM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I dipped into the game for the first time in at least 6 months.

PVP was fun, but the lag..... omg.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is still going..holy smokes :)
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw you in game the other day Wazz, at a Roe capture as I recall.
    Was on my DC alt.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice I just started back up after a 6 month break..it is um....interesting...very very zergy....solo play is still fun, but have to figure out what exactly I want to do with my nbs.....small group rss farms end up with 107875895487 ppl showing up and zerging you down....I wish they would bring back resource tower doors.. :)

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the ZOS policy of nerf-nerf-nerf-buff-nerf is still priority number one.

Pffffft :(
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about the only thing that doesn't change is the people you fight with and against in cyrodiil...

good to have you back @reiverx and @wazzz56 :)

have you all tried out any of the recent new gear sets on your builds?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone else getting the stuck in combat bug more often? I'm seriously considering to run shalk exoskeleton at this point 😬
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's pretty damn annoying for sure...especially when you have to travel and need rapids, and, then forget to switch our you skills right before engaging...

that, or when you run out of a quickslot item and can't put anything in its place...

not to mention - i can't tell you how many times i've needed to run the whole distance between objectives just cuz i can't mount...

i don't know @vietfox...it seems to happen all the time and it's been like that now for well over a year...
    I'm seriously considering to run shalk exoskeleton at this point 😬

hmmmm, willow's path might not be bad either - unlimited sustain...my mag toons definitely need the stamina boost if they got to run everywhere...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 14, 2020 9:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a bit of a different unique pvp experience last night...

still hanging out in NA IC on my magblade trying to gather up cyrodiil merits for that siegmaster costume...it was funny...did 3 districts missions without getting killed once...only saw one other blue player so spent a bunch of time in stealth and cloaking...

i know it's not really pvping - but, it's still fun to creep around the districts doing missions with the threat of some player(s) killing me...

i got in a couple of fights...but was either able to win or disengage...i wasn't really looking to fight though...may go back in tonight with just the objective of fighting (bank all my stones and just go at it with some other players)...

needless to say though - on a magblade you can make yourself pretty hard to find...

played a bit also over in EU kaal...played for about a half hour so where myself and another player we're trying to capture an outpost defended by just a couple of players...

for a while we fought just one player up on the second floor, but, eventually we were able to put enough dots on them to kill them...

then a different enemy player appeared, and, to their credit came outside the door (while the outpost was flagged) to fight us both...it was a really good fight (was playing on my CP390 magsorc - uses 2 pets, the ally there was also a pet sorc)...it took a while but we finally killed them...

just as we were about to get the door down though - the outside guards re-appeared...not sure if it was one of the first two players we had fought, but, another player came outside and wrecked me with a few swings of their 2 hander...killed my ally also...

sadly that was about the only action on the map at the moment, so, called it a night...this pet sorc is the first time i've ever really used pets extensively before in cyro...it's not any kind of meta build (argonian, necropotence, crafty afliq and maw of the infernal, 5 light/2 heavy) - but, it sure is fun as heck...actually took the time with this character to learn how to effectively use streak...

in the past whenever i tried using streak with my NA mag sorc it always ended up getting me killed...i kind of got the hang of it now though...
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's pretty damn annoying for sure...especially when you have to travel and need rapids, and, then forget to switch our you skills right before engaging...

that, or when you run out of a quickslot item and can't put anything in its place...

not to mention - i can't tell you how many times i've needed to run the whole distance between objectives just cuz i can't mount...

i don't know @vietfox...it seems to happen all the time and it's been like that now for well over a year...
    I'm seriously considering to run shalk exoskeleton at this point 😬

hmmmm, willow's path might not be bad either - unlimited sustain...my mag toons definitely need the stamina boost if they got to run everywhere...

I also thought about unlocking Equilibrium in case i'm far from slaughterfishes.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about the only thing that doesn't change is the people you fight with and against in cyrodiil...

Nah I'm wearing old school gear. I can't be bothered keeping up with their 'balance' changes every update.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the good thing about old school armor like Hunding's, Seducer, etc.
    They are still viable and they leave them alone.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "newer" sets I've tried out are: crafty alfiq, undertaker, bright throat boast and, although most definitely not new - but my first try wearing it: necropotence...

this is my very first dedicated pet sorc...I'm rocking the monkey, bird, big lightening guy and maw of the inernal daedroth...thinking about maybe switching out the crafty alfiq and putting on a set of mad tinkerer just to complete the "effect" :p
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i am still rocking spriggans and shackle and dropping dawnies on my stamblade lol.....running some therory crafted set ups on a few of my other nbs...lotta aids builds for ball groups for some other toons..and a dirty sorc healer lol.. I think I have 12 toons at t3 rewards..been playing different things but should get that 5th star on my one nb...but nbs are kinda weird rn to play

• Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @wazzz56 Was that you I saw earlier? I think I gave you a rez outside Roe during a DC attack. Solid defense there by AD
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    @wazzz56 Was that you I saw earlier? I think I gave you a rez outside Roe during a DC attack. Solid defense there by AD

surw was! ty. my bomber has some extreme squishiness issues lol :)

• Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talion the Mighty wiped the dust off his armor and caught the wagon train to Cyrodiil. It has been so long, I couldn't remember all the controls. I'm staggering around the gate area trying to remember how to jump and just stabbing the air with aedric spears while muttering "Nope, that's not it..." Meanwhile I'm sure the soldiers nearby are thinking, "That guy is a general?! No wonder we're losing this war." And we are. The mighty Dominion has a solid grip on third place.

Now I know I'm not going to be melting faces. My champion points are all over the place, I don't remember what I was doing. Skills have changed. I can't recall all of the controls. Ok, let's head into the merciless world of PvP. That's a good place to knock the rust off. People there are pretty understanding and forgiving of mistakes...

First things first, I head to Alessia. I arrive just in time for a Pact attack! Ah perfect... what am I even wearing? Heavy armor.... yes... that's good because my champion points are set for light armor. Not to mention that from time to time I'm still stabbing the air with spears and yelling "Whoops!". I guess I'll go inside and blind fire a ballista over the front wall. Look at me, I'm helping! I'm just shooting bolts off with no real idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. You know it's bad when the NPC's are avoiding eye contact because they are embarrassed for you. "Yeah... uh, nice work there General. You shot the hell out of that tree."

Now there's a lot of other players there, battling more effectively than some blind-firing moron. I'm not even shooting as quickly as I could be because I keep hitting the button to get off siege instead of shooting. Fortunately though, our defense is good and we are driving back their forces. And I use the word "we" in the loosest sense of the word. I'll tell you this though, whoever was the builder of the parapets on the inner keep did an amazing job. I fired several bolts into the one right in front of my face without scratching it in the slightest.

The tide has turned and yells are going out, "Push!" and "Get off the walls and fight!" Hell yeah brother! I'm only pushing the wrong buttons about half the time, let's go get stuck on some rocks!

"For the Queen!" Talion the Mighty heroically leaps off the wall and just SLAMS into the ground. BOOM! Even the nearby guards winced... That hurt a lot more than I expected it too. I fired off a quick heal, well tried to, and accidentally Jesus Beam some nearby Pact thug. Since they were getting swarmed already, down they went! I did it! I'm a hero! I accidentally, totally killed that guy. That's me, making AP the mighty way.... on accident.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ballcap ...as always, your words are so soothing for the soul...

thank you so much for sharing...

not sure exactly what's going on, but, watching more movies lately than gaming...I'm sure I'll be back in to it soon though...

ps4 has a free download of the bioshock series...I've finished each twice...gonna be hard to resist not going through infinite for a little bit again...murder by crows is still my all time favorite offensive skill ever...

kind of wanted to jump back in to red dead online for a while, but, the thought of getting hog tied, drug around and than stabbed a bunch is kind of turning me off a bit...

although, finding a building in town somewhere and going clock tower crazy, may be worth it...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 29, 2020 1:43AM