Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had one of the most fun fights I've had in awhile in pvp. I was playing on Ad and ad tried to push ash from DC and failed, but I was still alive inside the keep with 2 other yellows and we were wiping blues left and right. I think we wiped at least 15 people and then we suddenly got ran over by 20-30 blues at once to smoke us out of the keep. Lol one of the most fun fights I've had in awhile because it didn't lag at all
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was reading through a thread discussing the jump your way in to glademist glitch/bug/feature...

it's funny - my first thought is that I really miss dragonknights being able to chain their way in to keeps...

I thought it made siege fights infinitely more interesting...

I wonder now if I'm the only crazy one who actually wishes we could still do that...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 15, 2022 12:00AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Had one of the most fun fights I've had in awhile in pvp. I was playing on Ad and ad tried to push ash from DC and failed, but I was still alive inside the keep with 2 other yellows and we were wiping blues left and right. I think we wiped at least 15 people and then we suddenly got ran over by 20-30 blues at once to smoke us out of the keep. Lol one of the most fun fights I've had in awhile because it didn't lag at all

Thought I ought to share it here and let yall see what some of the chaos was like

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well hanging out in some hut in bright throat village - ugh, was able to open the very first loot box, even got a lead from it - the wrong lead :'(

the last six chests - too slow

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked the ring up on the EU server...the big hurdle was farming the blacksmithing node in glenumbra lead, i ended up farming over 300 rubedite ore :)

i like high isle so far, it's easy to get around, well thought out wayshrine locations...i like those volcanic vents a lot better than the harrowstorms or geyers too...

the NA is a little challenging right now (during the day), may need to wait until late night to try and farm the leads for the crab and safe box...

still haven't really determined yet which builds i'll use the ring on, templar's probably, maybe wardens and dk's too...i'm not sure yet - first things first is to get the darn thing...

i'll tell ya, i do a lot of late night cyro fighting, the idea of playing a single bar build sounds nice...

so far i'm okay with the new quickslot wheel - then again, i haven't fought yet in cyro with it...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man, that crab on the NA server was a humbling experience...

went through four different toons before i finally found one that could dps their way in to the top 12...

got both my magplars (each server) wearing oakensoul, war maiden, spinners, 1 pc balorgh...

let's see how they do :p
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got oakensoul and it's ridiculous lol. I made an ulti gen DK build with a full damage set up and it hits hard and is still tanky because of bloodspawn + ulti spamming to get free resources. I legit played it while drunk and I was able to put people down while being confused because I was intoxicated.

This ring is ridiculous, I can't wait for all of pvp to be playing like this in 2 weeks

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    34myw7.gif

hmmm, seemed to work well on my magblade too, up next putting it on my stam necromancer...

basically pick the best several abilities and one ultimate, make sure your not duplicating things, use some aggressive gear and not worry about constantly buffing or bar swapping...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 25, 2022 4:28AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just figured out that I actually still need to set up both bars with oakensoul...

each bar can be used in different scenarios (small/large scale, offensive/defensive siege, ranged/up close combat)...

the trick will be hoping to be able to exit combat long enough to unequip the ring to swap bars...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaign Update:

holy cow but things have drastically changed over on the EU server...

DC has led pretty much the whole campaign, however over the last week or so AD has put an increasing amount of pressure on the map...

well, with 3 days to go they have now taken the lead in the campaign - more to the point, they've actually have been able to keep us and EP off the map for the last 12 hours, normally very difficult to do during the weekend...

not sure what has caused this recent AD surge, but, good to see for them...AD doesn't usually win too many of the campaigns during the year...

I'm hoping though somehow DC can put together the numbers to re-take the lead, I like being able to deconstruct lots of epic jewels :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    over on the NA server EP has almost a 20k lead, no mystery there, DC and AD though are close in points to see who places 2nd and 3rd...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember first becoming aware of the brokensoul ring when folks on the pts forum where stating that the ring was really buffing werewolves...

so, whatever - at this point i think i have about 10 out of 17 toons re-tooled with brokensoul builds...

last night had some fun with my old hybrid stamplar, i guess now though we're pretty much all using hybrid builds...transformed at nikel and fought a good while (the outposts are excellent locations for werewolf use)...fought there a while, ran to ash, sieged, helped take the keep and all it's resources...

used the transitus at ash and actually appeared still in form at ales, then ran to bleakers (we wiped - over and over) to fight some more...

it kind of feels like that as long as their are at least a few bodies to pick at in my vicinity - i can stay and play as a werewolf for quite some time now (30 plus minutes)...
    giphy.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on June 29, 2022 3:34AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah - yes - you can in fact weapon swap, even during combat...

if you have everything sort of ready (mentally more than anything) = inventory > unequip ring > back > weapon swap > inventory > re-equip ring...

if you use a health draught (they have immoveable within them), you can swap even during combat...just gotta be fairly quick and composed about it...

Edit: nope, I'm wrong, can't change inventory in combat...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 2, 2022 3:04AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    underwhelmed with brokensoul on my mag dk...I'll probably switch back to my old setup I've been using for years, funny enough - I miss the grothdaar proc the most :)

stam dk though - working nice...I've dreamed of corrosive armor and snipe spam together...doesn't work on everyone, works on most folks though...

probably try brokensoul out on my wardens next, I'm expecting it to work as well as it did on my templars...

so far I haven't been too excited with brokensoul on my nightblades either...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 2, 2022 5:22PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm S.O.L because I dont have High Isle so pvp had gone very odd for me. Honestly the DKs are just stupid now with the templars a close second
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    going through different builds still to try and find the "sweet spot" with my wardens and necromancers...five skills and one ultimate to fight with...i don't have any arena weapons, so i stick with 1 pc monster and two 5 pc set builds...
    giphy.gif

for all you theory crafting professionals and wanna-bees - i consider myself to be in the latter group, truth is - i'm missing a really big part of theory-crafting - which is the math and data stuff, i'm just going by reading up descriptions, putting stuff together and seeing how it works...

it's funny, my warden is using like one class ability now, doing great though with a one bar bow build...

it's fun to put different sets and skills together to try and fill in the few holes to all of brokensoul's buffs...

for the first time in forever - slotting the group heal morph of vigor on a lot of my stam toons...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 5, 2022 3:37AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prometheus-engineer.gif

as most of us who play a bunch learn over time - your build has to fit your playstyle...my playstyle is solo potato...i need to make sure my own build covers me enough to survive...

"build" includes lots and lots and lots of different "stuff"...using 17 active toons - i've needed to streamline some things...

oakensoul and all its buffs - can really simplify some builds, while still taking advantage of some of the class abilities (on some builds it may mostly only be their passives :) )..

i'm trying to optimize the race and class - while still creating a "theme"...i'm not really a spreadsheet and data dude, only when necessary, but i do like to read...

i mostly like to read what other folks gripe about - "cheese"...cheese definitely evens out the skill factor...truth is though - most of the folks out there every day, maybe not here on the forums in particular, but the people you're fighting with and against use the best gear they can get...heck if they really like arenas and difficult group dungeons - they got better cheese than me most likely...

anyways, here's what's going on with my necro stam (EU):
    dunmer, 1pc molag kena, 1pc oakensoul, 5 juggernaut, 5 spriggans...new vamp (level 6), still only stage 1...14.4k mag, .8k mag recov, 28.7k health, 1.1k health recov, 30.7k stam, 1.5k stam recov, wpn dmg 5.5k, crit 32%, 4k pen, 24k armor, 1.5k crit res...

2H: avid boneyard, echoing vigor, executioner, spirit guardian, venom skull, and ravenous goliath...
    Bow: avid boneyard, echoing vigor, blighted blastbones, spirit guardian, lethal arrow, and pestilent colossus

juggernaut isn't always the most reliable set proc - particularly in lag, in theory though, it should work well...i'm hoping that once i max out the vamp undeath passive, it'll give the juggernaut enough time to reliably proc, it should give me a little better chance to either reset or finish a fight...

all my quickslots are basically set up the same - i mostly use tri-pots and health draughts...i have better stuff, i only really use it though fighting in the IC districts...same thing with food/drink - either fortifying meal, dubious camoran or witchmothers potent brew, not the best, but helps keep things simple...

not all of my builds are set up to play as aggressively as a necro stam...as a general rule. i don't chase folks very far, i mean, i pull people away too so, yeah i'm not following you too far...with the necro stam though i'm actively trying to finish folks, the defense and sustain mostly takes care of itself...having fun on both bars, but, preferring the 2H bar...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 5, 2022 6:23PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All
    hail
    Terrence!!!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200.gif

in case you've missed it - here's the link to the Update 35 Combat changes:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/610438/update-35-combat-preview/p1

basically, they're assigning a flat rate to both light and heavy attacks...

i'm still not really sure how it'll affect me, i don't exactly spend much time beating on a target dummy...

Edit: oops, forgot to mention - they're increasing the duration of DoTs...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 15, 2022 7:18AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's pretty funny. I wonder when they're gonna decide to stop messing with base game mechanics to focus on introducing new mechanics or enhancing existing mechanics. It feels like we constantly have to re-draw the baseline of this game's functions for no reason

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plus one thousand percent @xDeusEJRx :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming in Update 35, we’re reducing Light and Heavy Attacks’ impact in damage production by adjusting their damage to deal a flat amount, regardless of stats.

so this is the statement...i'll be honest, there are some things in the game that bug me, but, not so much this stuff...

to me it's like it's happening all the time already...

the only time i really notice something - is when a toon/build starts performing differently from how i remembered it...basically if i start having trouble with dying or sustain or execution rotation - i'll start doing some research to figure out why things aren't working the way they once did...

with 17 mostly different pvp toons, there a lot of stuff changing every major patch...

so, looks like this may be a new "thing" to make sure i have added to builds dependent on the light and heavy attacks:
    EMPOWER (Effect): Increases the damage of your Light, Medium and Heavy Attacks by 40%

step 2, where can i get Empower from:
    nightblade - ambush
    templar - dark flare; solar barrage; solar flare; empowering sweep
    dragonknight - empowering chains
    necromancer - empowering grasp
    werewolf - howl of despair
    two hand - wrecking blow
    mages guild - might of the guild (passive)

there are a few sets that grant empower, also you can address light and heavy attacks within the champion point system:

i don't know, maybe i myself don't feel all that empowered when it comes to the game...i feel like a guest, who likes where he's at :)
    Edited by geonsocal on July 10, 2022 10:12PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for blackwood 2.0 with the next update. Nightblades are gonna take over pvp again just like when blackwood came out

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    94582e6e-0291-4c40-b3da-fe9a5feafd2b_text.gif

no real meaning to the gif, it just makes me laugh...

the next patch changes are on the PTS now:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/611025/pts-patch-notes-v8-1-0#latest

wow, there are quite a bit of changes to combat coming...a lot...as always, at some point i'll go through everyone's gear and abilities to see what's changed and what i may need to change...

here's the Oakensoul update:
    Mythic Items
    Oakensoul: This set now grants the Minor versions of Courage, Berserk, Force, Protection, and Heroism, rather than the Major versions. This set now also grants Minor Mending.
    Developer Comment:

The original intent of this set was to improve accessibility of one bar builds by providing many bonuses that you would get from running extra abilities on your back bar, and a few other named sources that may come from coordinated groups to help make up for the flexibility and specialization loss of having 5 ability choices instead of 10. While we did see the suggestions we’re incorporating now, we didn’t want to go too hard on the set after the heavy nerfs to the original form without some more concrete metrics and evidence, which we have gathered since Update 34 had launched. We now feel comfortable that the set will still be incredibly impactful for its target audience but in a much more balanced way.

pretty much the same as before - just got to put together a build that hits as many buffs as possible, while still being able to finish folks off...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    farmed Fang Lair all day on both servers...

got most of what I need...at about 15 runs total, I'll try to do another 5 or so to get more weapons...

was just reading a minute ago that caluurion's is getting a nerf next patch...

too funny, such is the way of pvp for me, by the time I get around to farm something useful - it gets nerfed...

in all fairness, I did procrastinate for a really really long time...

big thanks to @fred4 for helping to calm my nerves regarding jumping in to group dungeons, it's been a while since I've done any...

average time has been around 15 minutes give or take 5 minutes or so depending on the dps...

been tanking, I like tanking, especially those times when the other 3 players die and I'm able to rez them, it's fun...
    FaqH.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on July 14, 2022 8:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    before I forget - 15 days left in the campaign:

on the NA server all 3 alliances are within 700 points of each other :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giDZtLR.gif

it's a build day...working on my NA stam sorc, i need to create an oakensoul build...the bar swapping isn't ideal, being stuck in combat really really does not help in this regard...

the simple truth is - it makes gameplay significantly easier...which for me translates directly towards enjoying the game more...

all 17 toons will be oakensoul for a while - not because it's optimal for fighting performance, but, because it makes the game itself more enjoyable...

i don't expect to dominate out there, i just wanna have fun with allies and enemies...

i also need to update my NA stam and mag nightblades and EU magblade with caluurion's...still thinking what 1 other set to pair with...

man, caluurion's has tormented me for years...ugh, that and dawnbreaker by far over time have shown up the most in my death recaps, followed closely by snipe...

one thing i have come to accept playing cyrodiil - it's an arms race, you better come packing some decent gear and have an idea of how to fight in different environments and circumstances...
    10.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on July 15, 2022 7:17AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i-feel-like-something-suspicious-is-going-on-something-sus-is-going-on.gif

2 days left in the campaign...first place to third place:

EU - separated by about 1,200 points

NA - separated by about 50 points

ummmmm, yeah, you read that correctly...

Edit:
    whiskey-vault-not-complaining.gif

if this is your doing zos:
    b9c459f521db649ab49ebe6304ea0d3b.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on July 27, 2022 4:30PM
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember the last time I saw scores that close on NA at campaign end.

For the Queen!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah GH NA is crazy close with just a couple days to go. There have been some really epic battles the past few days as well.

For the Pact! ;)
    PS4NA