The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sets for mag sorcerer

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
What sets should I use for my mag sorcerer. Plz be specific as to what armor piece it is and weapons
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    What level and what content ? Pvp, Pve, trials or just dungeons.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide some more information on your existing build. Do you have any Monster Helm/shoulder pieces, if so which? Are you running Pets? Is this for PVE, Dungeons, Trials or PVP?
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently returned to PVP on my sorc with all crafted gear, all DIVINES

5x Kagrenac's Hope
    3x Magnus
    3x Willpower

Such a simple setup is performing really well with 26k+ hp, 40k+ mag and 10k stam on offensive bar; 24k+ hp 39k+ mag but 16k+ phys/spell resist with defensive resto staff. I have no need for impen with my up to 30k shields lol.

As for PVE, last time I did maelstrom was right before Dark Brotherhood, I had Julianos with 2 piece Kena and precise weapons (destro and dw) I was doing up to 58k Overload light attacks fully buffed with the sigil. I do not think anything has changed.
    Edited by Dark_Aether on August 30, 2016 2:55PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scathing mage, elegant, Kena = job done. The most op overload you'll ever get. Although hard to tell if scathing has procd when using Kena.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice info but not much use if the op is only level 30, thats why I asked for more info....
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know for pvp.
  • McCracken79
    McCracken79
    ✭✭✭
    What works well for me is 5 Amberplasm, (Amberplasm jewls with all spell damage glyphs) 5 Kags and 1 Kena. Great regen with some decent SD (Apprentice mundus) not to mention the extra stam regen is great for PvP.
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to know for pvp.

Ok but what level are you so the pvpers can help you out no use giving you info on sets if dropped that you cannot use
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    Mush55 wrote: »
    I want to know for pvp.

Ok but what level are you so the pvpers can help you out no use giving you info on sets if dropped that you cannot use

Sorry I'm level 40 something. So for gear wise let's say I'm level 50
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Since your character isn't max level, you probably should be looking at crafted gear with any random jewellery you might have. A common setups are 5 pieces of any of these:
    Julianos (most DPS, least recovery)
    Kagrenacs
    Magnus
    Seducer (least DPS, most recovery)

and then filling out the rest with Magnus or Torug's pact. The set you want to pick depends on how much recovery you are needing. This depends on your playstyle and a few other factors, so it's up to you.

Edit:
    You should run 5 pieces light, 1 heavy, 1 medium or 5 pieces heavy, 1 medium, 1 light depending on how survivable you want to be (trade off is damage). This'll help you level up your armour skill trees. For traits you should run at least 4 pieces of impenetrable and the rest divines (trade off is again survivability vs damage).

Common weapon choice is lightning staff (sharpened) and restoration staff.

Glyphs should be all magicka on everything, or a couple of health or tri-stat glyphs if you want more survivability. Weapons could be for example befoul, fire/shock damage or absorb magicka on destro staff and increase spell power on resto staff.
    Edited by jhharvest on August 30, 2016 9:50PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Adroit is another 2 Piece Set to mix in with Torugs and other Crafted Sets. Since it has a Necklace, you can do 2 Piece Torugs, two piece Adroit, 5 piece Seducer or Julianos and then pick up a couple of Vicious Death Rings which can drop at CP10 and you get extra spell damage for each 2 piece combo you have (so 3 2 piece boosts here) plus whatever your crafted 5 piece set give you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭
    You really want Night mothers gaze and SPC
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    jarradarab wrote: »

What are those
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    jarradarab wrote: »
    Also you've been a great help and could you help me with one more thing
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found some success in 5 Kagrenacs, 5 Elegance, 1 Kena, Fire Destro / Resto staff in 5 Light 1 Medium 1 Heavy build.

With you being around 40 working towards 50, I'd at least recommend 5 Kagrenacs for PVP as your base. It'll give you a small boost to recovery, a nice boost to spell power, and the value of being able to res people faster in combat cannot be overstated. Since it's crafted, You can pick and choose what pieces have the trait and work around that. If you PVP enough it shouldnt be too hard to get and run 3 to 5 pieces of vicious death. Or alternate route, 3 piece Vicious death and a 3 piece Transmutation (also picked up from PVP rewards) for a bit more recovery. (Only run 5 vicious if you've got a group going)

Without sufficient CP, PVP is going to feel like an uphill battle, if you at least do the 5 kags, 3 vicious Death, 3 transmutation, you should have enough Magicka recovery to keep up your shields to survive, do enough sustainable damage to keep pressure on, and help in the battle with resing people and being able to shield up and escape if the fight turns south.

The 5 Kags is crafted gear, so you will have to find someone who can do 8 trait crafting. Vicious death and transmutation drop so often in PVP, you'll most likely stumble across a few pieces on your own, or at the very least find some cheap pieces in the guild traders. The pieces also come in all forms of weapons and armor so you can mix and match pretty easily. This will get you by just fine while you work on getting more CP. I'd recommend all divines, w/ spell damage mundus, Magicka enchants on the armor (IF you can afford it spell damage enchants on your jewelry).
    Edited by catalyst10e on August 30, 2016 10:44PM
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]