The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is anything being done about cheating on leader boards? NA PS4 server

Mr5had0w
Mr5had0w
Unknown players have no shown up on leader boards for vet dsa with ridiculously high scores. One high score has just 1 player in it. When unknown players beat the best groups in the game ZOS needs in investigate. Leader boards are important and hold benefits for end game players. Other than leader boards theirs very little to do pve wise after completing everything.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS already said it's part of the game and they're not gonna do anything about it. So, uhm....you got a CP10 character I can tag along with?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the next update it won't be possible to downscale anything anymore, and they are going to wipe the leaderboards, so for now we just have to deal with it.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    ZOS already said it's part of the game and they're not gonna do anything about it. So, uhm....you got a CP10 character I can tag along with?

And where's your proof that they said this @kylewwefan.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr5had0w wrote: »
    Unknown players have no shown up on leader boards for vet dsa with ridiculously high scores. One high score has just 1 player in it. When unknown players beat the best groups in the game ZOS needs in investigate. Leader boards are important and hold benefits for end game players. Other than leader boards theirs very little to do pve wise after completing everything.

While I know there is an issue with vdsa and don't condone downscaling it, the arrogance to assume 4 people you don't know couldn't possibly beat you in vdsa is absurd.
    New people will come into the game as the old get bored and they may beat you. Do not assume you are better than the unknown based on nothing more than your ego and assumption.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lately, we’ve seen a lot of questions about what we consider cheating and/or exploiting in ESO. The amount of people using exploits, especially in Cyrodiil, has also been on the rise. Due to this, and our recent efforts to take a stronger stance against exploiting and cheating in ESO, this has become a hotly debated topic within our community. We’d like to help shed some light on what we consider cheating and exploiting and how you can help us curb this behavior.

We would generally frown upon (and potentially take action as a result of) using third party tools or taking an advantage of an in-game mechanic that is not currently working as designed to in any way provide an advantage to your playing abilities. In plain English: if it looks or feels like cheating, then try it out at your own risk. Or better yet, don’t try it at all.

We have a zero tolerance policy for cheating/exploiting/using unapproved third party tools (such as Cheat Engine), so you should also know that even a single instance can lead to a 72-hour suspension, or even a permanent ban, depending on the offense. And in the specific case of Cheat Engine, even the first offense will result in a permanent ban.

There are certain things we’re working on fixing on our end to make this behavior no longer possible, but that does not mean it’s okay to exploit these issues in the meantime.

To summarize, if you are using abilities such as gap closers to do things that are not within the realm of intended design and/or bypassing core game mechanics, such as entering keeps without downing doors and/or walls and getting under the environment (ground, water, etc.), you are exploiting. In short: don’t do it. If we catch you exploiting and/or cheating, even once, it is grounds for disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban of your game account. If in doubt about whether or not certain actions or activity are considered exploiting, you are welcome to ask us here on the forums.

Thank you all for your cooperation in helping us keep ESO free of cheating and exploiting, and a fun, fair environment for all.
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

While I know there is an issue with vdsa and don't condone downscaling it, the arrogance to assume 4 people you don't know couldn't possibly beat you in vdsa is absurd.
    New people will come into the game as the old get bored and they may beat you. Do not assume you are better than the unknown based on nothing more than your ego and assumption.

C'mon dude. That's a bit of a stretch. Did you see the leaderboards for last week's DSA on PS4? 50k + scores. When you run these things every week it's pretty easy to spot a cheated score and pretty easy to spot those scores with names next to them that you never see on the weekly leaderboards. There was a large majority of cheated scores last week, sometimes the same account on several different toons. It was brought up on the forums very early in the week. The lack of movement by ZoS on it certainly set a precedent that's it's ok to cheat weekly rewards if you can. I don't see anything in that the original statement that points to the OP whining that some random team beat him/her. It was systemic, rampant, and although some attempted to be clever about the scores, many were just plain overt about the cheat.
    Edited by Trashyratchet on September 28, 2016 1:54PM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon dude. That's a bit of a stretch. Did you see the leaderboards for last week's DSA on PS4? 50k + scores. When you run these things every week it's pretty easy to spot a cheated score and pretty easy to spot those scores with names next to them that you never see on the weekly leaderboards. There was a large majority of cheated scores last week, sometimes the same account on several different toons. It was brought up on the forums very early in the week. The lack of movement by ZoS on it certainly set a precedent that's it's ok to cheat weekly rewards if you can. I don't see anything in that the original statement that points to the OP whining that some random team beat him/her. It was systemic, rampant, and although some attempted to be clever about the scores, many were just plain overt about the cheat.

Nope didn't even bother to look, I really don't care about leaderboard scores to be honest. I am not competitive by nature I just play to have fun. I have been told that groups I am with have made it before and the mail shows that to be true but ultimately I don't care.

I do have a friend that actually called me up after getting quite a good score in vdsa after months of trying, to well brag a little but she was genuinely very happy about it as it meant something to her. It is for her that I made that post as if she saw this original post it would have saddened her, the implication that she is a cheater because she did quite well and she is not well known. The reason she avoids most of the vet trails is because of people belittling others and in general just negativity, not because of lack of skill.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    All people have to do is have a CP 20 crown scale vet dsa for you and run the rest of the group CP 531 and you can smash it for a 50k score
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Mr5had0w
    Mr5had0w

First, im not assuming they r cheating. Many people in the guild have said they are cheating.

Secondly, I didn't post this to be attacked by someone. I posted to get an answer to the vdsa leader board issue. It says alot about you as a individual, should work on that.

When you beat the best team on Psn NA server by 11k, do it with 1 person with 45k plus score your cheating. If they clear the leader board we can see who can do it legitimately. If they legitimately did it i would love a screen shot. My team isn't the best on psn NA either but we have proof we did it legitimately.

When you put multiple hours into doing content to get better and better. Then you see people beating the best team in the game with less than 300 cp even an angel would be pissed.

BTW your tone is alil bitchy, try to work on that
    Edited by Mr5had0w on October 11, 2016 8:46PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this relevant anymore since everyone's scaled up.