Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

New ideas for ZOS to implement to the game

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

I had a creative evening yesterday and I came to these ideas, that it would be fun if you would include them into the game:

1. Magicka- , Health- or Stamina-wells, similar like the Ayelid wells, that would give you a temporary buff to one attribute
2. Buffs during the night to vampires and werewolves
3. Total night, like almost totally dark at least in some time of the night (midnight), which will make the character to carry torches (in case they would not have night vision - point 4.)
4. Night vision for vampires and werewolves (also in total dark night - point 3.)
5. Werewolf and Vampire themed DLC - like this one for example for WW: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/462121-skyrim-werewolf-the-dark-ages-mod/ , or similar do Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim
6. Racial themed DLC - either all at once for each race, or one after another
7. Include some tool to see when is the poison applied on the weapon and when it wears of - maybe a glow of the weapon, or some other visual indicator for that - found an addon for it yestereday on PC ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1384-PoisonTracker.html )
8. Flying mounts, come on ZOS, at least let us fly some few meters horizontally (like short jumps flight), or at least one and half meter above the ground
9. Underwater content
10. Dwemer airships - like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlwUv9BwFpQ
11. More quests to other dimensions (daedric, aedric)
12. Spellcrafting - please ZOS do not cancel this!!!
13. Connected to point 12. , removal of softcaps in cyro!
14. Do a festival at least once or twice a year, when all the items that were once "limited time only" in the crown store should be returned to crownstore for some time (I want the demon wolf mount!!)
15. Racial ultimates
16. House building, not just house buying
17. Dragons - I know that according to the lore, they are asleep or hiden in this era, but come on ZOS, you can do it!!! They were so awesome in Skyrim!!! Or at least more Daedric Titans (Dragons changed by Molag Bal)
Book about Titans: 18.Morag Tong as craftable motif now :smiley: !!! It is so awesome, I want it now :smiley: !!! ( i.imgur.com/REtjDhj.png)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert @Gidorick
Edited by altemriel on September 1, 2016 8:36AM
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uhhh #4 khajiit can see in the dark too......
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    uhhh #4 khajiit can see in the dark too......

true true :)
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rest look good though
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    19. time travel quests, that would allow us to go to an another era for some short time and fight the dragons for example, or take part in some major events in the history
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    20. include drugs and psychedelic plants into ESO (buffs, debuffs, funny effects for some short time - maybe broaden the alchemy skill line tree) - I know that would be agains some policies of some states, but come on ZOS, there is a lot of violence in this game, there is the Drunk personality in this game, so why not other drugs??? You do not need to include real drugs (like weed or tobacco, etc....), you can just invent some new ones, with similar effects. Why not skooma???

That would be fun
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    21.more appearance customization options to the character - like why are there not more hair styles availiable - for example really long and curly hair for female characters??? or some more spikes for argonians? some more fur styles for Khajiits, etc...?

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    22. Include more Dynamic world events, yes there are sometimes daedras dropping from some random gate appearing in the world, there are the Dark Anchors, but please ZOS, give us more of this!!! For example a huge Anchor dropping with group boss(es), or some bigger Daedra groups in Cyro, or some quests trought the World events!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    23. more armor-, weapon- dyeing options - like not only be able to apply just one color to an armor part, but why not some patterns, like camouflage or other patterns (of course only cosmetic ones, not giving any advantage in the game)

24. give us an in-game option - some quests maybe to be able to receive tokens and with these tokens give us the option to be able to buy "limited time offer items from the crown store - like for example I would have to do some multiple quests - so that I could receive some amount of "special mounts tokens" and then when I reach that number of tokens, I would be able to buy (for real money of course) some "limited time offer mount" from the crown store, that is not any more buyable now
    Edited by altemriel on August 31, 2016 9:23PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    25. remove "prosperous" and "trailing" traits from all loot tables above level 50
    26. add trait change options for master crafters - it would solve all RNG issues
    27. more weather (rain, thunder, wind, rainbows, fog) - I have no problem if it would be just player centered, not the same for all players in one area (as I believe the same for all in the area could be a unnecessary load for the servers)
    28. increase the amount of player guilds that we can be member of - from 5 to at least 10
    29. increase the number of possible transactions in guild store from 30 to at least 50
    30. weapon dyeing
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    9. Underwater content - Agree
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just want to point it out before it gets thrown in your face :)some of this is against the lore, which is a no go in a ES game, and flying mounts has been ruled out by the devs, since the game is not built for it
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to point it out before it gets thrown in your face :)some of this is against the lore, which is a no go in a ES game, and flying mounts has been ruled out by the devs, since the game is not built for it

which ones of that list are against the lore :)?
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The games engine is incapable of handling any underwater content whatsoever, and for the same reasons, anything to do with flying in any way shape or form is also out of the question. The game cannot even handle ships/boats actually moving in water. The underwater and flying are technical limitations.

House building and dragons are just sheerly impractical.

In the current timeline of where we are, (2E 582 to 2E 584), the dragons are now thought to be not much more than myth, and anything the Nords rant on about is probably the result of dodgy substances. When people refer to Dragons in the Second Era, they are talking about Daedric Lords and beasts.

House Building???? How would that work in a massively multiplayer environment? The houses we are getting are instanced as that is the only way they can possibly work right now.

Not sure about the weather. Nights and days are already regulated by the server so everyone sees the same thing, and I believe the weather needs to follow a similar pattern.

Oh, and the Morag Tong craftable motif IS coming to the game, its been datamined. However, expect a ****-storm of a grind to even get one page.

Vampire and werewolf stuff....Buffs at night???? Are you mad? Think of the PvP balance problems that would cause. Not everyone wants to be a vampire or werewolf - I for one will never ever use either until they remain the only achieves I don't have. Likewise, DLC around them wouldn't be a good idea, unless you could choose to be a hunter whose job is to wipe them out. Dark Elves and Werewolves do not mix.

Jewellery crafting and SpellCrafting are still on the drawing board, but its a case of how to implement Spell Crafting without it being OP in PvP.

Everything else is good, and I hope they do introduce some of this stuff at some point.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

8-10-17
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    The games engine is incapable of handling any underwater content whatsoever, and for the same reasons, anything to do with flying in any way shape or form is also out of the question. The game cannot even handle ships/boats actually moving in water. The underwater and flying are technical limitations.

House building and dragons are just sheerly impractical.

In the current timeline of where we are, (2E 582 to 2E 584), the dragons are now thought to be not much more than myth, and anything the Nords rant on about is probably the result of dodgy substances. When people refer to Dragons in the Second Era, they are talking about Daedric Lords and beasts.

House Building???? How would that work in a massively multiplayer environment? The houses we are getting are instanced as that is the only way they can possibly work right now.

Not sure about the weather. Nights and days are already regulated by the server so everyone sees the same thing, and I believe the weather needs to follow a similar pattern.

Oh, and the Morag Tong craftable motif IS coming to the game, its been datamined. However, expect a ****-storm of a grind to even get one page.

Vampire and werewolf stuff....Buffs at night???? Are you mad? Think of the PvP balance problems that would cause. Not everyone wants to be a vampire or werewolf - I for one will never ever use either until they remain the only achieves I don't have. Likewise, DLC around them wouldn't be a good idea, unless you could choose to be a hunter whose job is to wipe them out. Dark Elves and Werewolves do not mix.

Jewellery crafting and SpellCrafting are still on the drawing board, but its a case of how to implement Spell Crafting without it being OP in PvP.

Everything else is good, and I hope they do introduce some of this stuff at some point.

well saying that the game engine is incapable of handling underwater content is like saying
    "now I am 35 years old and I will always be 35" :smiley: , what about evolution and growth?

I know about that about the dragons, but there must be for sure some of them present even in this era. but anyway, I am fine with more titans to be added to the game (like dragons)

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saying that the engine is incapable of handling underwater/flying content, simply equals that they will not remake the game to allow these features.. it's not just about putting these things into the game.. it's almost as making 2 new lesser versions of the game and installing them into ESOTU.. At least as it is right now.. AFAIK they have not said "NEVER", but for now, it's only in your dreams and hopes
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on September 1, 2016 10:10AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saying that the engine is incapable of handling underwater/flying content, simply equals that they will not remake the game to allow these features.. it's not just about putting these things into the game.. it's almost as making 2 new lesser versions of the game and installing them into ESOTU.. At least as it is right now.. AFAIK they have not said "NEVER", but for now, it's only in your dreams and hopes

yeah, I mean I am not a programmer, so I don`t know much about the techical side of how an engine works, but I believe that anything could be possible
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    19. time travel quests, that would allow us to go to an another era for some short time and fight the dragons for example, or take part in some major events in the history

They are already ingame in numerous ways. Like in every freaking second quest you go to the past. Check out the Brothers of Strife, The whole EP questline is kinda timetravelling to get info to ban the baddies or kick their shins. Also in DC... Battle of Glenumbra Moors for example. Not to mention a good deal you spend in others peoples memories, and relive their past...

I guess in the future they could go a bit more easily on that venue.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yeah, I mean I am not a programmer, so I don`t know much about the techical side of how an engine works, but I believe that anything could be possible

Yes, it IS possible to make such a feature.. But they basically have to rebuild the game to do it.. That's not gonna happen I think
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

8-10-17

8. Flying mounts - yes, the game engine does can not do that..but still...

10. Dwemer airships - well, why? if there can be abandoned Dwemer ruins with mechanical units that still do work after that long time, then the same could be for dwemer airships. I mean they do not need to fly around (even if it would be nice), but I love the design in that mod, so it would be nice as a spot in the game, maybe with some unique crafting location or something like that

17. Dragons - yes, but there are the titans, which according to that book that I shared in that spoiler link above are dragons that got changed by Molag Bal, so there must be some dragons present even in this era.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They are already ingame in numerous ways. Like in every freaking second quest you go to the past. Check out the Brothers of Strife, The whole EP questline is kinda timetravelling to get info to ban the baddies or kick their shins. Also in DC... Battle of Glenumbra Moors for example. Not to mention a good deal you spend in others peoples memories, and relive their past...

I guess in the future they could go a bit more easily on that venue.

I am AD, but yes, even in AD questline there were some quests like that, but I love that!! more of that stuff pls ZOS!! :)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it IS possible to make such a feature.. But they basically have to rebuild the game to do it.. That's not gonna happen I think

well they still would have to improve and expand and evolve the game engine in the future I suppose, so why not add this too?
    I loved it in Skyrim :)!!
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

8-10-17

10. Dwemer airships - well, why? if there can be abandoned Dwemer ruins with mechanical units that still do work after that long time, then the same could be for dwemer airships. I mean they do not need to fly around (even if it would be nice), but I love the design in that mod, so it would be nice as a spot in the game, maybe with some unique crafting location or something like that

17. Dragons - yes, but there are the titans, which according to that book that I shared in that spoiler link above are dragons that got changed by Molag Bal, so there must be some dragons present even in this era.

Flying mounts, no.. No evidence in lore, AFAIK, and no support from the game engine.. Furthermore, the devs have said that this will not happen

Dwemer Airships, no.. Since they have not sought air dominance (dwarves likes the earth), aka no lore support, no support from game engine or devs

Dragons, no.. They are not present in this time period, and the devs have told us no about a million times
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

8-10-17

Flying mounts, no.. No evidence in lore, AFAIK, and no support from the game engine.. Furthermore, the devs have said that this will not happen

Dwemer Airships, no.. Since they have not sought air dominance (dwarves likes the earth), aka no lore support, no support from game engine or devs

Dragons, no.. They are not present in this time period, and the devs have told us no about a million times

hmm, ok then :smiley:
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you really want to play with Dwemer, play Morrowind :smile:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    31. during the night - more stars, planets, nebulas, meteors
    32. more air animals - birds, bird flocks, bats
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    33 - VETERAN MAELSTROM ARENA TOKEN SYSTEM

:)
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_2016-06-09-07-48-38_1_zps9hcuz3u4.jpg

Tang Mo Monks!

Seriously the lore is there for h2h. (Ancestor Moths, Whispering Fang, Rain-of-Sand, Goutfang, Whispering Claw, Rawlith Khaj) mostly along the khajiit history but it wouldn't be a stretch along the Akaviri(esp since some of the human armor looks like samurai and katanas) to think they have h2h as well.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sluice wrote: »
    33 - VETERAN MAELSTROM ARENA TOKEN SYSTEM

:)

this is my first MMO, could you please explain to me what does "token system" mean?
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With One Tamriel arriving next month, how about assorted dailies in all zones. A bigger range than we see now in Wrothgar, etc.

Make the zone boss's worth revisiting. Give us a chance to pick up 'exotic' armor, weapons, polymorph's, lottery boxes, once every 24 hours

More diverse alchemy & provisioning crafting writs for fully leveled crafters. Both have a lot of ingredients rarely used, outside of the leveling process.

Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)