The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why haven't we got a new weapon type yet?[Weapons that didn't make it in game]

Perwulf
Perwulf
✭✭✭✭✭
In previous ES we had Crossbows, One Hand Weapon & Spell Off-Hand[1h skill line], & Polearms what happened to them? also Polearms & Crossbows are already in game but the only one that can use it is npc's. It's been two years now and the only thing that is made was DLC's, soon it well get old and people would want a new kind of thing but yeah their DLC's are super fun until it lasts.What we need is something that is a permanent content that is not PvE oriented but also a new experience from our own toon plus, you won't need to tire yourselves to make new character models, new maps, & hire voice actors.
"Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen games do well without adding clssss or weapons. I see it mainly as the game has to be good enough to play. Games like Neverwinter add clssses to keep some interest since it's a poorly designed game in the end.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen games do well without adding clssss or weapons. I see it mainly as the game has to be good enough to play. Games like Neverwinter add clssses to keep some interest since it's a poorly designed game in the end.

WoW also added classes.

As for ESO.. I just don't feel like adding another class would be a good focus for the game. At least at the current time.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember Dawnguard dlc? people are happy and satisfied because since Morrowind crossbows came back and it was a new experience for Skyrim players both old & new, i myself still plays Skyrim sometimes it will never get old and probably would not.

We used to have millions of players at launch... but our numbers diminished to 4 digits so i'm not sure which to blame, the game itself or the lack of content imported from previous TES games.
    WoW also added classes.

As for ESO.. I just don't feel like adding another class would be a good focus for the game. At least at the current time.

Yeah no way for a new class in ESO, i think we have enough combination and we had like 12 different[unique] skill tree, 3 in each classes that's like half of weapon types which is 6.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes!!!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still holding out for a Spear or Javelin type weapon. Maybe a Pike or Halberd.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for a Spear or Javelin type weapon. Maybe a Pike or Halberd.

Yeah we used to have those in Morrowind then lost in Oblivion & Skyrim wonder why do new gen games doesn't have Polearms :/ .
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »

Remember Dawnguard dlc? people are happy and satisfied because since Morrowind crossbows came back and it was a new experience for Skyrim players both old & new, i myself still plays Skyrim sometimes it will never get old and probably would not.

We used to have millions of players at launch... but our numbers diminished to 4 digits so i'm not sure which to blame, the game itself or the lack of content imported from previous TES games.
    WoW also added classes.

Yeah no way for a new class in ESO, i think we have enough combination and we had like 12 different[unique] skill tree, 3 in each classes that's like half of weapon types which is 6.

The part in bold doesn't sound right... i don't believe in 7 mil, but under 10k sounds totally wrong.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »

The part in bold doesn't sound right... i don't believe in 7 mil, but under 10k sounds totally wrong.

Probably at 5 digits now with japan release but would never exceed 15k, tbh the population is still low but decent and some i saw was just players rolling their alts.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see more options for my Magicka Sorceress. Staves and Staves is kind of limiting. I will admit to being stumped as to what they could add for Magicka based weapons though...for example I don't really see throwing stars to be particularly magical.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have crossbows it's called silver bolt. It's in the fighters guild skill tree.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love to rock spear + shield SPARTA STYLE
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭

Probably at 5 digits now with japan release but would never exceed 15k, tbh the population is still low but decent and some i saw was just players rolling their alts.

Lol at your pretend number of players in game. Math must not be something your good at
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGrz5585 wrote: »

Lol at your pretend number of players in game. Math must not be something your good at

It's not math it's an estimation. 600 players/faction/sever in cyro when locked so that would be 7200 players in all 4 servers which is not even pop locked all the time and some does not even reach lock at all, plus the players roaming around in different areas which is mostly deserted and the base players you'll see is in the main cities/dungeons which is roughly around 2-3k or less?/faction. If you're gonna sum it up it'll be an estimated 15k below, i could be wrong but definitely not a very huge player base but just enough to keep the game running and i hate math.
  • illusionarythade
    illusionarythade
    ✭✭✭
    One handed Styles
    Polearms (Quaterstaves, Spears etc)
    Unarmed
    Staff free spell casting option

I have always wanted to see these things added >.<

Class wise I think we are a long way off from that, but more weapon options I think could be done to help expand various parts of characters, meta and the game itself.
    "Use nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury."

.: Fehn-reil Bosmer Craftsman [AD] :. | .: Teiali Bosmer Warden Support [EP] :.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have crossbows it's called silver bolt. It's in the fighters guild skill tree.

An actual craftable weapon, not just a single ability that needs to be cast.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • StezySteve
    would love to rock spear + shield SPARTA STYLE

Run a templar with sword and board and us you spear abilities.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not math it's an estimation. 600 players/faction/sever in cyro when locked so that would be 7200 players in all 4 servers which is not even pop locked all the time and some does not even reach lock at all, plus the players roaming around in different areas which is mostly deserted and the base players you'll see is in the main cities/dungeons which is roughly around 2-3k or less?/faction. If you're gonna sum it up it'll be an estimated 15k below, i could be wrong but definitely not a very huge player base but just enough to keep the game running and i hate math.

Not sure what zones you are running around in, but none that I have been in are deserted in the slightest.

Your "estimation" is beyond off.

That being said, I would LOVE a spear (both 1h and 2h) and a crossbow option besides the silver bolt animation.
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭

I can tell you hate it ;) Think about this - guild member cap is at 500. A single player can have up to 5 guilds, but how many guilds are there that are full with a wait list going on?

That doesn't even take into account players that refuse to guild up.

Then multiply it by 4 since we have 4 servers that are not connected - pc na and eu, xbox, ps4.

Basing numbers off of pvp is wrong - this game has totally turned its focus towards pve a loong time ago.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also one important thing they should also add hand to hand combat. They could add hand to hand accessories like fist knuckles and other hand hand accessories. They also could give speical claw attacks animations like they did in skyrim for khajiit and argnionions as well as adding claws for vampires. I do think the playerbase might enjoy the return of h.and to hand combat. I know some folks are possibly wanting to run a monk style character.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on September 2, 2016 4:19AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on these matters are still the same as when I posted them before...

New weapons? Definitely would improve the game!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/259011/additional-weapon-skill-ideas/p1

New Classes? Not so much as they would require new characters... but... if they did it in a way to "refit" new classes to all characters, like, say, some sort of Class Morph...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/240186/class-morph-idea/p1
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way you're calculating the population is completely wrong. You're calculating population at one given time in whichever time zone you play in on whichever platform and server. Which is completely skewed.

I don't believe there's 7 million users, perhaps 7 million accounts? Sure. Yet the estimation of 15k total players across all 3 platforms and both servers is grossly inaccurate and terribly miscalculated.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

I would love to see where you got the data from indicating there are only 9999 max players active because I can pretty much guarantee you're off by a LONG shot!

Edited by Voxicity on September 2, 2016 12:52PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A magic wand
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtwiggz wrote: »

I don't believe there's 7 million users, perhaps 7 million accounts? Sure. Yet the estimation of 15k total players across all 3 platforms and both servers is grossly inaccurate and terribly miscalculated.

The estimation is just from PC NA hope this clears things up. ;)

KaiVox22 wrote: »

LOL

I would love to see where you got the data from indicating there are only 9999 max players active because I can pretty much guarantee you're off by a LONG shot!

I just came back during May 2016 and I've been through this game since beta and played for a few months after launch. I can say that the numbers did dwindled but the population got increased since Japan release yet again the numbers are just estimation which is neither true or false nor proven, it's nothing but a prediction base on a player's experience & observance for almost a year of playing ESO.

• old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like them to add Cross bows and for them to take over where bows are and make bows a primary and Cross bows more of the support off hand weapon.

Really think they need to add a Off hand mage weapon... so you can do a 1 handed / off hand for casters.. having staff being the only dedicated caster items doesn't leave much for customization for people who want to play pure magic users.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »

LOL

On PC NA alone, there are over 9999 people in Rawl'Kha throwing non stop arrow barrage and AoE spells at any given time 24/7. You can barely see where you are going.
    Edited by Bouldercleave on September 2, 2016 3:22PM