The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healer Build?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
Im looking to make a pvp templar healer/support build.

Anyone have any builds they run and have success with regarding armor and abilities and such?

I'd be wanting siege shield and barrier on a bar as well.

Also light or heavy? What sets, Was thinking maybe like 5 Kags and 5 Transmutation or idk. I need suggestions on just about everything including race cause I know nothing about templars or healers in general besides resto staff
Edited by Ohhgrizyyy on August 31, 2016 8:16PM
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar in Light Armor so you get the Magicka bonuses. If you don't care about Spell Damage then just look for the sets that give you a bunch of Max Magic and Magic Recovery. I'd have to look up the different sets though to see if there are any with 5pc Healing bonuses. I know there's a few that increases Healing Taken, but that's not what you want.

Also a Restoration Staff with the Powered Trait would be good.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll definitely want Regeneration and Grand Healing on your Resto Bar; it'll get you a ton of AP.

Also, when you unlock it, War Horn is another great AP earner.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll definitely want Regeneration and Grand Healing on your Resto Bar; it'll get you a ton of AP.

Also, when you unlock it, War Horn is another great AP earner.

Should I do like war horn over whatever the templar healing ultimate is? I was thinking I'd use that and barrier?

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Magicka Templar in Light Armor so you get the Magicka bonuses. If you don't care about Spell Damage then just look for the sets that give you a bunch of Max Magic and Magic Recovery. I'd have to look up the different sets though to see if there are any with 5pc Healing bonuses. I know there's a few that increases Healing Taken, but that's not what you want.

Also a Restoration Staff with the Powered Trait would be good.

Would spell damage help much with the healing? I was thinking run resto on 1 bar and the other sword and board. Only reason I was someone thinking about heavy is quick mending with heavy attacks stacking with resto staff passive recovering magicka and then it still increasing spell damage some with the wrath passive for heavy, Was thinking like 5 hevy kags and 3 jewelry and like sword and board being transmutation with engine guardian or nightflame or even 1 kena and 1 velidreth both being light

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a well times war horn can be devastating if again used right. healer Templar ult is weak in pvp and uarantees you get targeted.

My advice Is use prismatic enchants in your armor. I have 11k stam and my destroy staff gives me stamina from the enchantment so I don't run out. In pvp I also have 25k hp so I don't get ganked so easily. Use the cleanse skill as well I believe it is second to last in Templar healing skill. if you chose the one that damages enemies you can use it as an aoe to avoid gankers sneaking up on you.

Get engine guardian set and a lot of people run impen on their armor for pvp to resist all the crit builds. So have your own set of pvp gear as well.
    Edited by Lightninvash on August 31, 2016 8:37PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    a well times war horn can be devastating if again used right. healer Templar ult is weak in pvp and uarantees you get targeted.

My advice Is use prismatic enchants in your armor. I have 11k stam and my destroy staff gives me stamina from the enchantment so I don't run out. In pvp I also have 25k hp so I don't get ganked so easily. Use the cleanse skill as well I believe it is second to last in Templar healing skill. if you chose the one that damages enemies you can use it as an aoe to avoid gankers sneaking up on you.

Get engine guardian set and a lot of people run impen on their armor for pvp to resist all the crit builds. So have your own set of pvp gear as well.

What does prismatic do?

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could I do like max mag on big pieces and tri stat on small pieces?

• Vida_Black
    Hi

Here is a Link from a Templar Healer Build PvP ;)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/vanadium-healplar-build-pvp-vanady-y/
    Aurora Avalonis Schweizer PVE-Gilde Website Anklicken
    Helden Tamriels Deutschsprachige PVE-Gilde Website Anklicken
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

What does prismatic do?

prismatic enchantments are to give you stam magicka and hp. so you may have lower magicka but you get more hp and stam for survivability in pvp. That's more dodgerolls and break frees than a normal magicka user. you get them using the hajeko rune gained through IC for 5000 TV stones

EDIT: you can do tristat on whatever you wantor single stat in magicka I just use tri stat and it works for me haha
    Edited by Lightninvash on August 31, 2016 8:48PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roughly how much mag, stam and health would I get from 7 purple prismatic?

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have 2 in my gear right now and I have 32k magicka in pvp 25k hp (19.3k out of pvp) and 11k stamina I use kuda for my enchant so they are gold. Rest of my gear has crap enchants till I replace with my legendary ones. and by crap I mean the ones mobs drop

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So would 5 heavy kags not work? I just assumed heavy would help with survivability and would stack with the heavy attack resto passive and considering in pvp especially zerg vs zerg you're almost always taking damage so the wrath passive is always stacked, I saw a video deltia had made and sustain/damage wise with light had a very small difference. Race wise I was thinking either breton or argonian for the increased healing done as well as me drinking potions would give me additional 12%

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

I only have 2 in my gear right now and I have 32k magicka in pvp 25k hp (19.3k out of pvp) and 11k stamina I use kuda for my enchant so they are gold. Rest of my gear has crap enchants till I replace with my legendary ones. and by crap I mean the ones mobs drop

Would you recommend the tri stats on big or small pieces?

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So would 5 heavy kags not work? I just assumed heavy would help with survivability and would stack with the heavy attack resto passive and considering in pvp especially zerg vs zerg you're almost always taking damage so the wrath passive is always stacked, I saw a video deltia had made and sustain/damage wise with light had a very small difference. Race wise I was thinking either breton or argonian for the increased healing done as well as me drinking potions would give me additional 12%

I used to run a Heavy build I had 34k hp and 25k magicka but no one could kill me haha. Now I run light armor with 25k hp as long as I am not solo I generally don't die in pvp(I mean crap happens but its hard to kill me). Heavy would help for sure but at the cost of damage. lower damage means lower heals which are already halved.

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's true, Aye maybe I'll just grind mats out for both and test them, Thank you much for your insight :smile:

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's true, Aye maybe I'll just grind mats out for both and test them, Thank you much for your insight :smile:

No prob see I am a healer/dps so I leanred a few tricks to help stay alive. Though I find it best to have at least 2 healers/dps in a group more if possible. That way when crap gets hairy you can stack heals and keep the group alive
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes me and my guild are on ps4 and our home campaign is Skulls, Depending on time of day/night and what kinda push we need to make sometimes we have just a small 6-10 man group with 1-2 healers or sometimes we have a 15-20 man group with 2-3 healers and our healers are great but I've always enjoyed healing in other mmo's so I figured I'd give it a try, Ik its a great way to get AP so I can buy alot of trebs, food and pots for my others characters as well

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes me and my guild are on ps4 and our home campaign is Skulls, Depending on time of day/night and what kinda push we need to make sometimes we have just a small 6-10 man group with 1-2 healers or sometimes we have a 15-20 man group with 2-3 healers and our healers are great but I've always enjoyed healing in other mmo's so I figured I'd give it a try, Ik its a great way to get AP so I can buy alot of trebs, food and pots for my others characters as well

yeah heals are good way to earn AP but some people just spam a certain heal and don't help much in healing and reap all the benefit lol. our group is like 7 and we have 2 healers we can take out groups in size of 15-20 no problem lol. because all that dps cant match up to the healers we have when we sack up our heals and defenses. not to mention our dps in that group just blows everything away. I mean in ic the mobs would be dead before I could chuck a spear at them and that is with me up in the front of the group haha. so between the massive dps and awesome heals it is tons of fun.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyone else?

• bluedevilblue
    I don't claim this is the best set up, but it's the one that has worked best for me.

I run 5 Kag's, 5 Transmutation, and a monster helm set. Here's my PVP set up, which I find makes me fairly hard to kill -

4 kag armor - 3 light, Heavy Chest Impen (I run 1-2 impen pieces)
    1 Transmutation Armor - light
    Monster Helm - light/med (for undaunted passives, when I didn't have undaunted passives I ran 5 light, 2 heavy with the chest and legs heavy impen for more survivability and had points in the first 3 heavy passives), I switch these out depending on my mood and need.
    3 transmutation jewelry
    1 Kag's Destro Staff
    1 Transmutation Resto Staff

So I have 5 kag pieces on my front bar, which has no HOT's on it that would proc Transmutation and I switch to this bar when doing rezzes. And I have 5 Transmutation on my back bar so that the set procs with Rapid Regen and Healing Springs.

FWIW, my front bar usually is BoL, FLEX, Radiant Destruction, Shards, Radiant Magelight with Shooting Star Ulti, with the Flex spot being either a destro staff skill, jabs, proxy det or some other damage. I also slot Shards in and out, depending on the situation. I

My back bar is pretty much always the same - BoL, Purifying Ritual, Rapid Regen, Healing Springs, Rapids/Siege Shield and usually Barrier (although I may switch to War Horn if others have Barrier)

I play a lot in Azura's and Purifying Ritual is a must to not only boost healing, but cleanse siege DOTs.

While I do add some to the damage of the group, my main focus is healing and seige. I prefer Kag's for the fast rezzing in Cyrodil. Very important, IMO.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't claim this is the best set up, but it's the one that has worked best for me.

I run 5 Kag's, 5 Transmutation, and a monster helm set. Here's my PVP set up, which I find makes me fairly hard to kill -

4 kag armor - 3 light, Heavy Chest Impen (I run 1-2 impen pieces)
    1 Transmutation Armor - light
    Monster Helm - light/med (for undaunted passives, when I didn't have undaunted passives I ran 5 light, 2 heavy with the chest and legs heavy impen for more survivability and had points in the first 3 heavy passives), I switch these out depending on my mood and need.
    3 transmutation jewelry
    1 Kag's Destro Staff
    1 Transmutation Resto Staff

So I have 5 kag pieces on my front bar, which has no HOT's on it that would proc Transmutation and I switch to this bar when doing rezzes. And I have 5 Transmutation on my back bar so that the set procs with Rapid Regen and Healing Springs.

FWIW, my front bar usually is BoL, FLEX, Radiant Destruction, Shards, Radiant Magelight with Shooting Star Ulti, with the Flex spot being either a destro staff skill, jabs, proxy det or some other damage. I also slot Shards in and out, depending on the situation. I

My back bar is pretty much always the same - BoL, Purifying Ritual, Rapid Regen, Healing Springs, Rapids/Siege Shield and usually Barrier (although I may switch to War Horn if others have Barrier)

I play a lot in Azura's and Purifying Ritual is a must to not only boost healing, but cleanse siege DOTs.

While I do add some to the damage of the group, my main focus is healing and seige. I prefer Kag's for the fast rezzing in Cyrodil. Very important, IMO.

I was thinking yea 5 kags 5 trans, But my transmutation being probably my body, Then 5 kags being jeweley with sword and board, then masters or maelstrom restro, Then 2 engine guardian

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well actually nvm, Im dumb, I forgot Kags cant come in jewelry, So I'd probably have it the other way around. 5 kags body, 5 trans being jewelry, sword and board.