Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for One Tamriel Overland

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the overland content in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you notice any issues with the newly-scaled content coming out of the starter area, or anywhere else in the game?
    • If so, where exactly, and what level/class were you?
  • Did you notice any issues with the newly-scaled content with a Champion ranked character?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not notice any issues with the newly scaled content (we hung around Grahtwood and Auridon) and all seemed well. We tried on lowbie characters as well as our max level characters and scaling seemed good and we didn't run into any issues.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rolled a new character even though my live ones are copied onto the PTS at the moment in order to see how this would work. I did the starter areas with no CP and dropped gear. It felt the same as always. It was weird though that I only had a wayshrine available in Glenumbra and Auridon from the start but no other areas. Are we not supposed to be able "go anywhere" right from the start of the game and do the content in any order? As it stands now you would have to walk or ride across whole maps to find the next contiguous zone.

Personally I think the current configuration makes sense as there are still Alliance-based story-lines that progress from zone to zone, but, I can see some people being upset at how One Tamriel is being marketed compared to the reality. So maybe have future marketing clarify/emphasize that you can start any Alliance right out of the gate rather than any zone.
    Edited by tinythinker on September 3, 2016 9:39PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I rolled a new character even though my live ones are copied onto the PTS at the moment in order to see how this would work. I did the starter areas with no CP and dropped gear. It felt the same as always. It was weird though that I only had a wayshrine available in Glenumbra and Auridon from the start but no other areas. Are we not supposed to be able "go anywhere" right from the start of the game and do the content in any order? As it stands now you would have to walk or ride across whole maps to find the next contiguous zone.

Personally I think the current configuration makes sense as there are still Alliance-based story-lines that progress from zone to zone, but, I can see some people being upset at how One Tamriel is being marketed compared to the reality. So maybe have future marketing clarify/emphasize that you can start any Alliance right out of the gate rather than any zone.

There are new "Navigator NPCs" on the docks and at "Cart Taxis", for lack of a better term, to get you around to other zones and alliances. It's immersive and not in your face which I like, but I can see how this system would be troublesome for most and needs to be messaged better.

Edited by Dominoid on September 3, 2016 9:55PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

There are new "Navigator NPCs" on the docks and at "Cart Taxis", for lack of a better term, to get you around to other zones and alliances. It's immersive and not in your face which I like, but I can see how this system would be troublesome for most and needs to be messaged better.
    Equally, there would be nothing wrong with them unlocking all the 'free' Wayshrines straight off the bat as well. They unlock immediately as soon as you travel with the Navigator, so it wouldn't hurt if they were available before that.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only feedback here:

1. Can the map now have ship symbols where we need to go to travel (or maybe I misunderstood cause I don't play PC much)
    2. Really want some activity options to group people for the world bosses, like an auto group if we walk into the radius during an event. And some type of loud emote if we are so close....like dolemans
    3. Nodes should have a chance to drop at level, at passive and if not those then the mat should be what was dropped in the zone prior (old tier mat) instead of one tier lower as that's pointless now. This touches on feedback in the general forums which actually is a logical complaint.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on September 4, 2016 12:17AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Can the map now have ship symbols where we need to go to travel (or maybe I misunderstood cause I don't play PC much)
    It does; all of the new Navigator NPCs, plus the starter city ships, and the carts and boats to Wrothgar, Craglorn, Gold Coast and Hew's Bane, as well as the Boatswains that always existed, all have Map icons now.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out the crafting/materials.

Unfortunately I've leveled crafting on all my characters to some extent. I get the impression I'm never going to see iron/jute again. While the majority of my characters are in the high cp range, I'm the crafter or one of the crafters for the 5 guilds I belong to. I make gear for people still wearing their coldharbor jammies. The new players have no idea what to look for to gather their own mats. New players don't *want* to waste playing time to collect their own mats.

I took my main crafter to stonefalls, and picked up a lovely haul of rubedite level stuff. Good for my characters, not so good for that level 10.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Unfortunately I've leveled crafting on all my characters to some extent. I get the impression I'm never going to see iron/jute again. While the majority of my characters are in the high cp range, I'm the crafter or one of the crafters for the 5 guilds I belong to. I make gear for people still wearing their coldharbor jammies. The new players have no idea what to look for to gather their own mats. New players don't *want* to waste playing time to collect their own mats.

I took my main crafter to stonefalls, and picked up a lovely haul of rubedite level stuff. Good for my characters, not so good for that level 10.

If you do writs every non survey writ provides you 25pc random lower level mat.

Also every non crafter and mid crafter will be getting lower level mats half the time.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    It does; all of the new Navigator NPCs, plus the starter city ships, and the carts and boats to Wrothgar, Craglorn, Gold Coast and Hew's Bane, as well as the Boatswains that always existed, all have Map icons now.

I'm thinking something that on the map connects dock A to landing B

So say if you highlight one on the Tam map it'd look something like this in a filter
    map-with-arrows.png

I don't know the routes as I never used them other than to leave the start island.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONE TAMRIEL
    [/list]
    [*]Treasure Chests
    • Treasure Chests gained from defeating a Dark Anchor have a 100% chance to drop a ring or amulet set piece form the zone they are located in.
      • The above is also true of Unstable Anomalies found in Craglorn.
    • Treasure chests found in the world have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone.
      • Simple chests have a slight chance of dropping an item set piece.
      • Intermediate chests have a good chance of dropping an item set piece
      • Advanced and Master chests have a guaranteed chance of dropping an item set piece.
    • If you have the Treasure Hunter Champion Passive, both the above chances and quality of an item will be improved.
    • Treasure chests found from a Treasure Map have a guaranteed chance to drop one random set piece that can drop in that zone.
    • Higher difficulty chests have a better chance of spawning in the world, but easier chests will continue to be more common.
    • The loot from the CE Treasure Chest maps now scale to your level up to CP160.

I have opened two CE treasure chest, neither of which dropped a set item.
    Next, I have opened an overland chest (I had the treasure hunter CP passive), and got this:
    Screenshot_20160904_190526.png
    GREEN QUALITY BOUND OVERLAND RING?
    Is this intended?
    You said:
    ONE TAMRIEL
    All set drops from the overland are now bind-on-equip.
    All set drops from dungeons and Trials are bind-on-pickup.

Does this somehow exclude Wrothgar sets?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some issues with the new duo dungeons and their interactions with wayshrines.

If you go to the physical entrance of the dungeon, you get a choice to port into either version i.e Wayrest Sewers 1 or Wayrest Sewers 2

However, if you go to a wayshrine, you only get the option of porting into the "1" version of a dungeon aka the one with mobs from what we call the normal version. Changing the normal or vet settings in the group window will have no effect.

Please fix ASAP. Thanks.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking something that on the map connects dock A to landing B

So say if you highlight one on the Tam map it'd look something like this in a filter
    [snip]

I don't know the routes as I never used them other than to leave the start island.
    Ah, right. It does now also say in the tooltip where they go, so that's something. No lines, but it's there in words.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go to the physical entrance of the dungeon, you get a choice to port into either version i.e Wayrest Sewers 1 or Wayrest Sewers 2

However, if you go to a wayshrine, you only get the option of porting into the "1" version of a dungeon aka the one with mobs from what we call the normal version. Changing the normal or vet settings in the group window will have no effect.

Please fix ASAP. Thanks.
    Hmm, that's not what I get. For me, I click on the dungeon icon and it acts as though there are two overlapping icons, giving the option to "Travel to Dungeon: Wayrest Sewers I" or "Travel to Dungeon: Wayrest Sewers II".
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me if the quest phasing issue where if you group with someone who hasn't done a certain quest, but you have, you can't see eachother, has been fixed?
    The Airstrike - Flower Lady

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spent a couple hours roaming, delving, harvesting this morning with two different characters both in home sectors and foreign lands.

Awesome overall play.

The base scaling is very familiar - like the dlcs and the "gold zones" so no more "useless out of scale home territory.

YES AWESOME - my character at end of game can now settle down in his original faction territory for long term repeated useful play!!!!

MY CHARACTER CAN GO HOIME!!!!

That was always a bug in my ointment, a fly in my bonnet and a wrench in my monkey - my characters at the top levels had every incentive to settle in and spend time in foreign lands (Gold Zones and DLCs) since their home zone was so out of scale it was useless to even visit.

WORLD BOSSES - Tried a few. Was used to being able at vet levels to take on world bosses in the wild even at GOLD zones and take them down (except for DLC World bosses which were scaled for larger groups.) The native world bosses were a little tougher but still soloable.

NOW, holy cow - they are "back" to being for groups. i think i saw in patch notes all world bosses are scaled for 4-man-groups (some worse perhaps like DLC scale repeatables.)

That bear in eastern Glenumbra had me for lunch a few times this morning. it was exciting.

All-in all the playability was first rate. Love the new harvesting.

Well done
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? I didn't notice the symbols - I'll have to check that out. It may be because I'm used to referring to my mini-map addon, and I don't have that on PTS, so maybe although I meant to check the map I didn't actually do that...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    WORLD BOSSES - Tried a few. Was used to being able at vet levels to take on world bosses in the wild even at GOLD zones and take them down (except for DLC World bosses which were scaled for larger groups.) The native world bosses were a little tougher but still soloable.

NOW, holy cow - they are "back" to being for groups. i think i saw in patch notes all world bosses are scaled for 4-man-groups (some worse perhaps like DLC scale repeatables.)

That bear in eastern Glenumbra had me for lunch a few times this morning. it was exciting.
    Yeah, on Friday we did Soulfire Plateau (which was always one of the harder world bosses to do at-level) with a group of 3. I was on a level 20, there was a level 39, and a level 3. We had a couple of deaths, but no wipe, and we were able to complete it. I think it would be a good challenge for a group of 4 newish players.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please finally make Wrothgar poe.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't about Tamriel "Overland" but I can't see anywhere to put it. I ran through all of the Main Quest on a lvl 4 character copied from the live server, and it mostly seems fine, the only thing that did strike me as odd was the Ancient Clannfear in Daughter of Giants, which seems a bit overtuned at present (or maybe everything else is undertuned, it killed me several times and nothing else in the main quest did).
    Edited by Epona222 on September 5, 2016 12:47AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    This isn't about Tamriel "Overland" but I can't see anywhere to put it. I ran through all of the Main Quest on a lvl 4 character copied from the live server, and it mostly seems fine, the only thing that did strike me as odd was the Ancient Clannfear in Daughter of Giants, which seems a bit overtuned at present (or maybe everything else is undertuned, it killed me several times and nothing else in the main quest did).

I like that you can just mainline the main quest now.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also every non crafter and mid crafter will be getting lower level mats half the time.
    Random lower level mats. Wonderful. "Don't worry, new player. In 4 or five days I might have enough mats to make your gear. Hope you don't mind dying in the meantime."

You haven't run into any of the new players recently, have you.... They are level one and asking about how to get perfect roe and ambrosia to make it to the cp levels in a couple of hours. Those players are NOT going to go out and gather mats for any reason. While I would personally rather not let them in my guilds with that attitude, the guildmasters don't agree.

And right now I don't want to waste my ruby level mats to do writs. It takes time to gather them, and so far the returns haven't been that great, for me.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please fix ASAP. Thanks.
    Hmm, that's not what I get. For me, I click on the dungeon icon and it acts as though there are two overlapping icons, giving the option to "Travel to Dungeon: Wayrest Sewers I" or "Travel to Dungeon: Wayrest Sewers II".

I can confirm this.

• JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    I have done a couple of dolmen, world bosses, the mages and fighter guild quest lines on a high level character. No problems everything scaled correctly, difficulty was about right, I was using a magicka Templar so not too hard.

Some of the world bosses are now much harder and require two or 3 good players, but that's fine there should always be challenging sections in each zone.

In general I like the changes, it's particularly nice to see players from other alliances in the zones, it makes the game feel more inclusive.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭

Did you notice any issues with the newly-scaled content coming out of the starter area, or anywhere else in the game?

The scaling seemed fine so far. Areas I visited were storm haven, bangkorai, craglorn, shadow fen and malabal tor.

If so, where exactly, and what level/class were you?

I used a Level 50 template so I could test out all the new gear and do the overland content with a fresh map. I was playing as a stamina sorcerer at 300ish CP

Did you notice any issues with the newly-scaled content with a Champion ranked character?

Everything looked to be in order. Stuff fought back and I could actually die now.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Made a small video to showcase a delve, a group boss, a public dungeon and a dolmen in storm haven. All were perfectly easy to solo.

https://youtu.be/RpJzJu8FFPo

If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Random lower level mats. Wonderful. "Don't worry, new player. In 4 or five days I might have enough mats to make your gear. Hope you don't mind dying in the meantime."

You haven't run into any of the new players recently, have you.... They are level one and asking about how to get perfect roe and ambrosia to make it to the cp levels in a couple of hours. Those players are NOT going to go out and gather mats for any reason. While I would personally rather not let them in my guilds with that attitude, the guildmasters don't agree.

And right now I don't want to waste my ruby level mats to do writs. It takes time to gather them, and so far the returns haven't been that great, for me.

Well you know sometimes some people wont be happy with changes to how things work.

But life goes on for most.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• bmcxp
    bmcxp
    ✭✭✭
    Question?
    In One Tamriel how dose one travel to the other areas, ie. Auridon to Ebonheart, to Daggerfall.
    There are no physical connections between the factions areas, except to go through the PVP zone Cyrodiil.
    Is there at least one Wayshrine active in each area?
    Member of the ESO Realm
    Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
    Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmcxp wrote: »
    Question?
    In One Tamriel how dose one travel to the other areas, ie. Auridon to Ebonheart, to Daggerfall.
    There are no physical connections between the factions areas, except to go through the PVP zone Cyrodiil.
    @bmcxp Yes, there are Wayshrines available. You can also talk to a new Navigator NPC in each zone capital who will take you between alliances.
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played both a new character with no champion points and my max level main character in different zones / content / etc and the balance for PvE content seemed to be bang on. I was a little worried that the brand new character just out of the tutorial wouldn't be able to defeat some of the harder mobs, but he did just fine. Awesome job on the balancing!
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Question?
    @bmcxp Yes, there are Wayshrines available. You can also talk to a new Navigator NPC in each zone capital who will take you between alliances.
    I just logged in and have no idea how to get anywhere. There isn't anything obvious. If not for checking the forums, I wouldn't know about any navigator NPCs. Re: wayshrines, I do not appear to have a wayshrine available to any location in DC or AD on my lvl 45 EP character. This all seems like a mistake to me. The big point of the next update is being able to travel anywhere, yet I have no idea of how to accomplish that when I log in for the first time. :neutral:
    Edited by Ignotus on September 6, 2016 10:21AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    Question?
    bmcxp Yes, there are Wayshrines available. You can also talk to a new Navigator NPC in each zone capital who will take you between alliances.
    I just logged in and have no idea how to get anywhere. There isn't anything obvious. If not for checking the forums, I wouldn't know about any navigator NPCs. Re: wayshrines, I do not appear to have a wayshrine available to any location in DC or AD on my lvl 45 EP character. This all seems like a mistake to me. The big point of the next update is being able to travel anywhere, yet I have no idea of how to accomplish that when I log in for the first time. :neutral:
    Hmm, maybe the Wayshrines are only given to new characters? I created a new character to run the Tutorial on, and some Wayshrines were available after that. I'm on EU, so I don't have a character copy to see how existing characters have been handled.

Wayshrines are unnecessary though; the Navigator NPCs are all that's needed, and they're marked on the city maps. All we need is a pop-up when logging in saying that they exist, so we know to look for them.

For example:

Welcome to One Tamriel!
    Alliance restrictions have been lifted, and you are now able to travel to any zone in Tamriel!

This update opens up the world of Tamriel for you to explore any time, and play with your friends no matter what level you are. To travel to other zones, speak to the new Navigator NPCs, located in the main city of each zone. Navigators can be identified on city maps with the following icons: 20px-ON-icon-Caravan.png20px-ON-mapicon-Dock.png