Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where's my progression

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Where's the incentive for someone at CP cap to continue? I love to get stronger as does anyone playing RPGs. I've been at cap for a few months now. I get to spend an extra 30cp next update. Wow. 3-4 months equals a few percentage additional stats. At this rate I'll just quit playing for a year and still be at the cap. I buy different sets I start new characters I PVP a lot. But the fact that I get told I'm not allowed to get stronger because someone else can't "catch up" is imho bologna. That's correct sandwich meat. All I can do it rearrange my stats at this point. Please let us have progress. Maybe I'm crazy for asking this. But I know others feel the same.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Where's the incentive for someone at CP cap to continue?

Fun, maybe? I mean there's always going to be some sort of level cap, and developers are always going to try and keep the power creep from separating the community too much. Just be happy you still get to earn CP past the cap, back when VR was the endgame progression you hit cap and BOOM, all XP went into a black hole after that.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They made an entire campaign to separate the community of this power creep. They already have another one for this too. I have had a lot of fun. I kill. I get killed. In DCUO for instance they always came out with more gear and skill points with almost every DLC. Different game but even the smallest progress adds up. I love the increase (even though smaller than I thought it was going to be). I just want to keep spending my money with them just can't seem to get over this keep wall (lol). A few friends don't even refer to what champion rank you are. You're either at cap or not. I never played before champion points but still getting these pointless points is starting to get to me.
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly they have been adding / updating a lot of max level sets recently and we're getting even more in SotH. I'm way past the cap but I try to not even concern myself with CP at this point. Currently leveling Undauned and PvP skills on my many, many alts.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Where's the incentive for someone at CP cap to continue?

Fun, maybe?

This is the problem MMOs face. Theyre just not as good at providing gaming fun as single player games or co-op games. You want a thrilling storyline - single player games do storytelling much better. You want incredible visuals - single player games do it a lot better. You want balanced PvP - co-op games do it much better. Even combat is usually better in non-MMOrpgs. So what do MMOs have going for them? A shared persistent world, large group content, and the ability to progress your character and experience his/her power in relation to other players' characters. Its not surprising that when you can no longer progress your character many people go: 'well, Im done here' and move to playing a single player or a co-op in which the gameplay itself is fun.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ESO should adapt the leveling system in Fallout 4. I think the level cap is somewhere around 65,000.
    Options
  • HoolDog
    HoolDog
    ✭✭✭
    agreed!!

Between catch up mechanic and enlightenment. CP comes so quick and easy. Players have zero CP campaigns to fight in if players with a lot of cp cause them problems.

good players are good players... some players feel unkillable 501 vs 501... Would I care if they had 700, 800, 900 or even 1000 CP? No, they earned them so they should be allowed to allocate them. Run away, hide... Fight them in groups or go in the non cp campaign.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made an entire campaign to separate the community of this power creep. They already have another one for this too. I have had a lot of fun. I kill. I get killed. In DCUO for instance they always came out with more gear and skill points with almost every DLC. Different game but even the smallest progress adds up. I love the increase (even though smaller than I thought it was going to be). I just want to keep spending my money with them just can't seem to get over this keep wall (lol). A few friends don't even refer to what champion rank you are. You're either at cap or not. I never played before champion points but still getting these pointless points is starting to get to me.

But therein lies the problem for many players in ESO, they DO NOT WANT the 'grind' that adding new gear and SPs adds to the game. Right now you have players who do not ever want to see a gear level increase, they don't seem to understand that for many players out there, we need some sort of 'incentive' to keep playing, something to continually work towards.

Also, don't get me started on DCUO's whole 'skill point' thing where brainwashed players believe that more SPs mean you are a better player; we definitely don't need anything like that added to ESO... it's bad enough some players here are using CP exactly how DCUO uses SPs... as an EXCUSE to think they're better than other players.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Start a new character
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once again I got a little stronger. Now after this next update I'll be back to where I was due to nerfs. I want to be stronger than I was before not get nerfed to where I was when I originally posted this.
    Options