Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Diary of a Dragonknight (Who I am and what I have experienced on my journeys. Haishi)

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
My name is Haishi, I am a Redguard. I am not a true veteran, but also not a newbie, I am an adventurer, free wild soul.
I love to travel and explore the far regions of Tamriel. I love tea and the warmth of the fire in the cold nights outside. I was usually exploring the land not touched by the Great War. Now I start to join too.

When I was very young, I barely remember that - not sure if I want to remember, our village was raided by the Cultists. Small village in the far north of Hammerfell a large group came in the dark of the night. Burned the whole village down. We had no chance. I somehow felt that coming. Or maybe it was the full moon that night, which kept me up longer that night. When the first fire arrow hit the roofs of the houses, I quickly jumped out of the window to the backyard, unseen by the attackers. I was the only one who survived, hiding in the shadows.

A group of elven merchants found me weeks later, as they passed by on their travels, they found a small child hungry and tired. When we were once talking about that event, they said that their heart melted, when they saw a me, a small child fearfully hiding in the ashes, which once were my village.
A young couple of this elven group adopted me as their daughter, as they could not have children themselves. They took me to their home near Auridon, fed me, loved me and cared for me as their own.
I have trained in the Art of the Dragons, Dragon Fighters or Dragon Knights they call us.
I swore my loyalty to Queen Ayrenn.

This is my story...

wDCqYJZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wDCqYJZ.jpg

jynrpj5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jynrpj5.jpg
Edited by altemriel on January 29, 2017 10:54AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a redguard risen by elves, I many many times struggled with my identity. I was feeling as an outcast many times in my youth.
    My elven and khajiiti neighbours took me with a reserve first. But fortunately my adoptive parents were from a very well respected elven merchant family and taught me good manners and raised a decent personality from me, so slowly the neighbours got used to a young redguard living among them.
    But I always wanted to know more about my people, so I became a fan of studying the redguard way of life, redguard history and philosophy. Slowly I became to understand, that it is not my face, not my race, which determines who I am, but my faith in my power and my self-respect. The way how I behave and acts was the way which determines me as a person, not my redguard roots.

One day on my journeys, I found a very interesting book, in one of the bookshelves in a house I visited. It was called "Varieties of faith, Crown Redguards". It was about the deities of my people. I could not wait to read it.
    I had to keep it :smiley:.
    I brought flowers and some strong potions and left it at the doormat of that house the other day :), as a big thank you for that book. I am sure the former owner would understand.
    Edited by altemriel on September 6, 2016 7:36AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I have to write about it here. One of the most interesting object that I have encountered on my journeys are the soul gems. They have literally saved my life so many times. In some mysterious way, they allow me to resurrect myself from the dead, when some beast or enemy in the War wounded me deadly. I am so excited about them. Thank the gods they created them :).

I was trying to find some info in the great libraries that I visited around Tamriel, but the only thing that I could find, was that supposedly Molag Bal created the fist soul gems, but not sure if that is true, the information that I found in the books were many times really contradictory. I am confused about them. I found some info about the Perfect Masters and Soul Cairn, about the white and black soul gems, about Azura`s Star and about using soul gems for enchanting. But I could not find any info about how I am able to resurrect my soul after being killed.

Well, never mind, I am so happy that they are here and so many and I always keep at least 10 filled soul gems in my pockets, just in case... :).
    5Md5M29.jpg

Edited by altemriel on September 1, 2016 9:45AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How I became a ......wolf....

It was few summers ago, actually quite many summers ago, when that happened. But even now, I still feel shaken and powerful in the same time, when I am thinking about that. It is such a weird memory and what has happened after that is even weirder. Everything has changed. Especially ...myself.
    The night was dark, breeze was cold, it was full moon, I was in Reaper`s March trying to collect some Nirnroot for my potions. One old looking alchemist once told me, that the best way to collect Nirnroot is during the night.
    I was quite lucky, found many, wanted to find some more, when I heard that sound. It seemed from a far distance. It sounded like a howling wolf, but it was not a regular wolf. I came to a meadow, maybe more a gulch. There was a huge standing stone in the center of it, slightly glowing reddish, with some strange symbols carved on it. There were skulls and some bones on and around the standing stone. The wind seemed colder than before.
    LYROHny.jpg

I unsheathed my daedric sword, fast I did also the Rally spell to be even stronger, just in case...
    I was sure there was something, hiding in the shadows of the night. Suddenly, I heard a crushing howl just right behind me, it was so strong and so overwhelming, that I felt to the ground and lost my consciousness.

When I woke up, I smelled a weird stench all around me and what was even weirder also from myself. I also had a bite wound on my forearm and some deep scratches on my chest armor plate. I was not bleeding anymore, but I felt a strange buzzing in my head when I was looking at that wound on my arm.
    I was not sure what happened, some strange beast attacked me. Thank the gods it did not kill me. That was what I thought.

Now I know what happened there. I am still shaking inside, when trying to remember. I changed. I could alter form. To a.... werewolf.
    7085662715_693b90d389_h.jpg

Oh, great Hircine, give me your power, give me your strenght, guide my hunt! An endless melody, like a mantra in my head...
    Edited by altemriel on September 1, 2016 5:16PM
  • Kuun
    Kuun
    Soul Shriven
    Nice story :):p
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so a while ago, I met a khajiit, she was nice a bit spooky (vamp), but nice. So we hung out together, adventuring for a while, we became friends. We had pigeons and we trained them to be postal carrier pigeons to each other. So everytime we want, we can send letters to each other. The pigeons had marvelous orientation. They found us every time.
    So this khajiit, Maoimii Da was her name, she keeps sending me letters like maybe every two months or so. That is kind of cute.
    I am keeping it it in a bank in Grahtwood, maybe someday I will make a book out of it and sell it :smiley:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294539/letters-from-a-this-one-furry-maoimii/p1?new=1
    Edited by altemriel on November 20, 2016 6:35PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Running around in a public dungeon, how awesome is that. I want to find a group for Crypt of Hearts, veterans :smiley:
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (Mods pls don’t lock thread)

I really enjoyed reading all of this. I love the detail you’ve put into your character!