The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    i vote that ap hogs like 'those who shall not be named' be excluded from daily prizes .. we all know who im talking about
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    ^ nah that’s not fair ... everyone will be judged on equal footing just there will be checks in place to ensure “hogging” doesn’t happen
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the top players, who already have piles of great gear, volunteer to pass on the rewards to give newer players a chance at it. I for one, although far from top tier, have plenty of resources to get whatever gear I want, and therefore voluntarily pass on the slim chance that I qualify for rewards.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take anyone's rewards they dont want. I haven't farmed IC in forever and I'm broke as nb's cloak.
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree. I’d prefer it if newer people got it. I certainly don’t need it and I think it would do the campaign better and get new people invested.
    I think I might try and think of some cool gifts to send out on my own to players on EP and the opposing factions as well. It is Christmas after all
    Ours is the Fury
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »
    I have to agree. I’d prefer it if newer people got it. I certainly don’t need it and I think it would do the campaign better and get new people invested.
    I think I might try and think of some cool gifts to send out on my own to players on EP and the opposing factions as well. It is Christmas after all

Here's the thing though. Most of us here would prefer to see newer people encouraged to play. We need to recruit those newer people. Most of the people playing will be us otherwise.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s why we’ve advertised in various zones and have been pug wrangling in chat. Haven’t run a pug group in a long time but for the event we are considering it.
    Ours is the Fury
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have any streamers here ? Would be good for the event/campaign if someone streams it during peak times.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone contact sypherpk and tell him it's time to get his merry band or subs into kyne for the event
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Someone contact sypherpk and tell him it's time to get his merry band or subs into kyne for the event

I think Sypher is too big for us now that he is a pro Fortnite streamer.
  • kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to not be excluded I have 80k gold and no mats. So how about I'm just given a guaranteed 1,000,000 gold
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like for you to be sacrificed to the PvP Blood Gods. But we all can’t get what we want.
    Ours is the Fury
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He needs to get into streaming some fortnut. Then I might actually watch.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to be excluded from rewards, but I would like mine to go to the person telling that new person they can't leave until they vet out.

Then the rewards would end up being mine :tongue:

But seriously, I'll pass on rewards aswell. I know da wae to git rich fast
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of trying to push the rewards to newer players. The current reward structure really isn't conducive to that though, as newer players probably aren't going to be the ones towards the top of the daily leaderboards. If anything, the fact that you need to be at the top of the leaderboards to gain rewards might push players away from active participation if they feel like they don't even have a chance to win anything. I almost wonder if just choosing winners at random would provide better incentive for new players, as they'd know that as long as they are participating they have a chance to win something. The big problem then is figuring out how you can actually track everybody who was playing.

One idea I had is to create some sort of "check-in" system in the Discord, where players could "check-in" on any given day by posting a screenshot of them at an objective or something. Then once the winning alliance is determined, prizes can be distributed randomly among every member of that alliance who checked in. This, of course, has it's own set of problems. It may still exclude players who don't want to use Discord. But at least in this instance, players who end up excluded would be doing so by choice, as I can't think of a reason why somebody who can play ESO on PC wouldn't be able to use Discord. The other problem with this check-in system is that it creates a way for people to "game" the system by going into Kyne, taking and posting a screenshot, then immediately leaving Cyrodiil, giving them a chance to win a reward without ever actually participating in the event. One way around this would be to require a minimum amount of AP gained to be considered for a reward, but I'm not really sure of a good way to track that on a daily basis without requiring participants to put in extra work on their own. And between that and the fact that some people probably won't want to use the Discord, you may end up with too few people using the check-in system for it to actually be effective in distributing rewards to new players.

An easier alternative method would be to just use a random number generator to randomly select players from the top 100 leaderboard. It would still exclude the lowest-earning players, but would at least distribute prizes further down from the top 10-20 players.

I don't know, I'm just kind of spit-balling here. Does anybody else have any thoughts on how we could better distribute rewards to newer players?
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With less than 30 minutes to go, EP don't get to crown an emp, looks like they came last too...

On the even brighter side, AD gets the chocolates too. =D
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's to stop guilds from vet servers to roll lowbies and roll the camp for the rewards?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of trying to push the rewards to newer players. The current reward structure really isn't conducive to that though, as newer players probably aren't going to be the ones towards the top of the daily leaderboards. If anything, the fact that you need to be at the top of the leaderboards to gain rewards might push players away from active participation if they feel like they don't even have a chance to win anything. I almost wonder if just choosing winners at random would provide better incentive for new players, as they'd know that as long as they are participating they have a chance to win something. The big problem then is figuring out how you can actually track everybody who was playing.

One idea I had is to create some sort of "check-in" system in the Discord, where players could "check-in" on any given day by posting a screenshot of them at an objective or something. Then once the winning alliance is determined, prizes can be distributed randomly among every member of that alliance who checked in. This, of course, has it's own set of problems. It may still exclude players who don't want to use Discord. But at least in this instance, players who end up excluded would be doing so by choice, as I can't think of a reason why somebody who can play ESO on PC wouldn't be able to use Discord. The other problem with this check-in system is that it creates a way for people to "game" the system by going into Kyne, taking and posting a screenshot, then immediately leaving Cyrodiil, giving them a chance to win a reward without ever actually participating in the event. One way around this would be to require a minimum amount of AP gained to be considered for a reward, but I'm not really sure of a good way to track that on a daily basis without requiring participants to put in extra work on their own. And between that and the fact that some people probably won't want to use the Discord, you may end up with too few people using the check-in system for it to actually be effective in distributing rewards to new players.

An easier alternative method would be to just use a random number generator to randomly select players from the top 100 leaderboard. It would still exclude the lowest-earning players, but would at least distribute prizes further down from the top 10-20 players.

I don't know, I'm just kind of spit-balling here. Does anybody else have any thoughts on how we could better distribute rewards to newer players?

Random distribution would be the easiest way to do it. Plus how pumped would a new player who might not even know we are doing this gets like 10k and some hakeijos in the mail with like "merry christmas" or something
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's Fortnite? Do they know they spelled it incorrectly?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the best way to grind CP?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alikr dolmens probably are the most effective. But if you don’t want your brain to actually melt then consider other things.
    Ours is the Fury
  • lil5566
    lil5566
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I enjoyed grinding CP from doing random battlegrounds, it gave some nice rewards and it was so much more enjoyable than grinding the conventional way (dungeons, dolmens, grinding random mobs..etc). Also the random queues really gives some nice xp on your first win of the day or second place finish of the day. After that the xp isn't has much.
    Lytis or Lyt
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think randomly choosing people from the top 100 of each alliance is the most efficient way because it means you have to actually gain some amount of ap to prove you are participating but it also means that you dont have to play 24/7 to increase you chances of getting a shot at the rewards.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mjollo wrote: »
    I think randomly choosing people from the top 100 of each alliance is the most efficient way because it means you have to actually gain some amount of ap to prove you are participating but it also means that you dont have to play 24/7 to increase you chances of getting a shot at the rewards.

I’m good with it as long as An-An and the rest of you guys don’t mind. Might need to get a screenshot of the entire leaderboard each day though so you can confirm that people were actually playing that day by comparing their AP to the AP they had the previous day.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to 3rd the motion of awarding prizes to random people in the top 100. You are going to do 10 random people in the top 100, though, right? Not just all to 1 person for the day? You could still do the tiered system you had where the highest random person gets the most, then on down...
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aren't you already max cp? I don't play a whole lot, and spend a good chunk of time in Cyrodiil when I do, and I'm at CP731 without grinding...
    Obituary:
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us don't get banned, we're lucky enough to just get suspensions.

I know it's controversial, but I think in the spirit of Christmas we should only siege with ice trebs. To be totally transparent, I don't know their damage versus walls compared to stone/fire.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Aren't you already max cp? I don't play a whole lot, and spend a good chunk of time in Cyrodiil when I do, and I'm at CP731 without grinding...

I want to get 1 of my other accounts more CP. It's only at 236 or something like that.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like there is a motion to randomize rewards in the top 100 of players of the winning alliance for that day.
    Anyone opposes this ?

Keep in mind that if we do randomize the rewards (tiered as they may be),you will need to trust the person doing the randomizing. (It will take a person to use the random number generator.)
This discussion has been closed.