The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    ouch.. ouch.. ouch

I was creating a bow build, i was almost done and was finishing changing some armor traits.

The feeling you get when your gold gear becomes account bound after you change the trait.

pullHair.jpg

You realize you're in the Kyne thread and not a vet campaign right?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    You realize you're in the Kyne thread and not a vet campaign right?

Thanks for pointing that out, you might want to let others know as well.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    I mean, same thing happened with ESO tho, taking the beloved Elder Scrolls games and turning into something else.

I must say, I was very skeptical about ESO aswell. I thought for sure it was gonna be a massive failure. But I still gave it a shot just cause I was a huge fan of TES serie and Cyrodill hooked me up instantly
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played Fallout since Bethesda took over the franchise, I love single player RPGs but I had a ton of fun in the BETA going around exploring and encountering all the weird things in the world. Every session only left me counting the hours til the next BETA. Most reviewers seem pretty heavily focused on the FOV slider and other things that don't really mean much to me. The game itself is really fun and I can't wait for release. I mean its basically Fallout 4 with friends in look and feel.

There's a lot of things I wish Bethesda would have done. The whole no human NPC thing is disconcerting and I feel like they did that purely so they could turn this out faster. And I wish they'd make a new bloody engine. Like the same engine since Morrowind.. Come on people... But none the less it is extremely fun and I'll put a lot of hours into it.

I would encourage anyone interested in it to look at the reviews with a big grain of salt. What they are saying is way off from what I or my guild experienced. Most of them seem bent on hating it for the sake of hating it.

Anyway, PvP last night was really solid surprisingly. A ton of yellows online which made for a fun night!
    Edited by Gederic on November 11, 2018 4:19PM
    Ours is the Fury
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An_An wrote: »
    I'm thinking of trying something new as well... Joined pretty late to the ESO train and feel like its impossible to catch up. Not to mention its been kind of boring. Today my character stood in front of Bleakers for an hour while I watched Youtube and did not die. Yes, Bleaks. With EP owning Chal.

But we'll see, maybe I'll clear vMA in a few months and rediscover the joy of ESO. Don’t understand why it’s designed so difficult anyway.

When Kyne is that dead, head to Vivec. Battle-leveling makes your lowbie toons pretty tanky, and there's ALWAYS enough players on to at least zerg-surf. You just gotta accept that you're gonna get blown up on a regular basis by some players there.
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    When Kyne is that dead, head to Vivec. Battle-leveling makes your lowbie toons pretty tanky, and there's ALWAYS enough players on to at least zerg-surf. You just gotta accept that you're gonna get blown up on a regular basis by some players there.
    It's fine I just play for some casual fun ... vet PvP (and crowd) are just too serious about this game I can't compete with that.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    It's fine I just play for some casual fun ... vet PvP (and crowd) are just too serious about this game I can't compete with that.

Honestly there are more new players in viv than anywhere, besides maybe lowbie bgs.
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I like t-bagging Mr. S after we zerged him down. :)

I made a new year resolution not to t-bag anyone this year. I tried very hard not to but... I only lasted 6 or 7 months. I was doing great until some pre-made groups, who must have known me, kept t-bagging me in BG.

my character is a female therefore i dont teabag. i taco tap.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my character is a female therefore i dont teabag. i taco tap.

I don't like saying 'clam slam' or 'taco tap' :) Most refer to it as t-bagging so I will just say t-bagging :)

Edited by vamp_emily on November 14, 2018 1:57AM

• An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    I recently had an in-game conversation with someone about the most probable average age for a Kyne player and we shared the belief that most of us in Kyne are older than the average.

I think this is also the reason Kyne has the best people. I’m not implying that maturity comes with age but rather I’m referring to the frustration and elitist mentality that arises when you play a game so long you start to get emotionally invested in it and start making a big deal out of everything. Well, everyone does it but I see much less of this in Kyne which is an awesome thing, maybe because people with full time jobs or a busy private life are good at staying detached from the game.

From the chats I read in zone and in vet campaigns, it just seems more likely that many elite players are actually quite young with a lot of time on their hands. Maybe that’s prejudicial? I don’t know.
    Edited by An_An on November 15, 2018 6:46AM
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently had an in-game conversation with someone about the most probable average age for a Kyne player and we shared the belief that most of us in Kyne are older than the average.

I think this is also the reason Kyne has the best people. I’m not implying that maturity comes with age but rather I’m referring to the frustration and elitist mentality that arises when you play a game so long you start to get emotionally invested in it and start making a big deal out of everything. Well, everyone does it but I see much less of this in Kyne which is an awesome thing, maybe because people with full time jobs or a busy private life are good at staying detached from the game.

From the chats I read in zone and in vet campaigns, it just seems more likely that many elite players are actually quite young with a lot of time on their hands. Maybe that’s prejudicial? I don’t know.

Interesting theory. I noticed that, at least back when I was playing regularly, BWB seemed to have the least toxic community of just about any PVP environment I've ever been a part of. I'm not sure if age is necessarily a part of that, but I'd speculate that on average people playing in Kyne tend to take PVP a bit less seriously than people playing vet campaigns.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEWS FLASH: Spamming Cloak is lame sauce and could never qualify as PvP.. is "tactical retreat" in desperate circumstances...(akin to spamming lethal arrow type archer skills)... IT IS NOT a ***' play style... PATHETIC gameplay.... come on now...

we all came here to play... BRING IT

Edited by Enkil on November 16, 2018 8:34PM
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    NEWS FLASH: Spamming Cloak is lame sauce and could never qualify as PvP.. is "tactical retreat" in desperate circumstances...(akin to spamming lethal arrow type archer skills)... IT IS NOT a ***' play style... PATHETIC gameplay.... come on now...

The one time I played a mag blade, I would sometimes just run into a groups of enemies while spamming cloak, pause to uncloak in their midst and take off spamming cloak again just to *** them off. I think my record was 8 times in a row before one of them had the bright idea to cc me. Usually it only took three or four times. It was quite hilarious . . . . for awhile.

I hated playing a magblade.

PS The average age of a kyne player was 38.
    Edited by Beaverton on November 16, 2018 9:55PM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak spam is the way to play certain types on magnb builds. It's not a "tactical retreat" if you're using it to proc critical or stun with concealed. I agree it's annoying but that really only in kyne where the reveal stuff is not agrees widely used.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If detection pots didn’t scale so horribly at lower levels it wouldn’t be that big of a deal tbh.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I took things much more seriously in my 1rst year of ESO. Would lead everyday, cared alot about the map, tried alot of sneaky tactics, ect. 3 years later, barely lead anymore, zero *** given about the campaigns and pretty straight forward tactics loll. Oh, and I still hate elitist people
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume the server is still dead? Been a week or so since I logged on.

Just wondering if it's worth firing back up or should I just continue to watch making a murderer in my underwear
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    I assume the server is still dead? Been a week or so since I logged on.

Just wondering if it's worth firing back up or should I just continue to watch making a murderer in my underwear
    Last night there was some amazing action. Although EP had emp (and a ****-ton of templars) I think DC and AD held their own for a bit. Overall, it was as balanced as it could get.
    Now, where is my Major Defile ...
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    An, I was *** thrilled when you came to us and I still am.

You don't ever have to explain to us why you play the game, just play sweetheart.

People that have been playing a long time come to this point. I give Gabe so much *** but I get it :) I love him even though he's a *** .

Edited by Swaye on November 17, 2018 10:30PM
    Swaye.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @An_An
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe you should leave the kiddy pool?
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Maybe should you? #RoadTo500
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Raknosh wrote: »

No, you! #helpingthingsalong
    Edited by TipsyDrow on November 18, 2018 11:02AM
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rak is a twink and plays to the tunes of Abba.

Q('.'Q) bring it
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Q('.'Q) bring it

But I keep telling you I don't even know who tf abba is! xD
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still play this game? #roadto500
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    People still play this game? #roadto500

No, we’re all just bots
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Q('.'Q) bring it

Is there a problem with playing to the tunes of Abba?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Q('.'Q) bring it

Is there a problem with playing to the tunes of Abba?

If you're wearing sequins then no, but Rak listens to them in normal clothing, like some kinda psycho.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some children don't have school this week. Kyne ( AD/EP ) should be over populated ( maybe @Lumsdenml can play now ).

#roadto500

This discussion has been closed.