The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tower Farming Solution??

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol breakin a tower farm is so easy. Ive done it countless times.

Step 1: pop immovable pot
    Step 2: dodge roll and cloak thru all the BS
    Step 3: run behind the tower on mid level then proceed upstairs. More than likely no enemies are up there.
    Step 4: put up forward camp
    Step 5: time for the lulz
    Edited by Skinzz on August 1, 2016 6:38AM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to get farmed, don't go in the tower. Also, you can't put camps on a resource you don't own. So either take the tower down without flipping the flag, or take the resource quick enough to where anyone you killed can't rez.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just allow resource towers to be destroyed by the faction that owns them as well as enemies.

Problem solved!
    NA/PC
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just remove the doors to the towers and bam fixed
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    I really enjoy tower fights but lately my group has been fighting on the top as opposed to on the door (unless they start dropping siege on the top). Reason being that brief interval upon entering the tower where you're completely helpless. It just seems unfair. I wouldn't be against a modification to towers that would prevent that. Someone in another thread suggested removing the door on the bottom and just allowing players to pass the threshold once they took the resource. That sounds alright to me.

There are a couple of reasons for fighting on the top and against.
    On the top level you force any enemies attacking you on a small platform on the stairs that can be oiled, while the squishier members of your group are somewhat safer on top and the side stairs. Enemies also can't place oil or camps there.
    However, the don't have to sheathe their weapons like on the ground level of course, and more importantly, they can siege the top with trebs from outside, potentially giving you a lot of trouble up there.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no solution if there is no problem
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Break the tower first before taking the resource :) saw EP on PS4 NA doing it yesterday breaking the tower and after they took the resource
    Edited by TrueGreenSmoker on August 1, 2016 9:35AM

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destroy tower before taking resource.

Immovable + Mist Form to just zoom past the scrubs.

Ignore the tower farmers.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heanz wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »
    How about people not send 40 people and a line of siege after a small group on a resource forcing them into the tower?

Lmao this. Vanzan and i were screwing around at ash resources the other day and a blob of ad turned up and set 7 seige on the tower for 2 people. The best part was we were actually sitting on the rocks behind them laughing our asses off.

LOL. I think I saw this same raid. Took a resource at blood boot with 2 people then an entire raid came out they dropped about ~7 siege took it down and then ran off. We just sat their laughing. It was so mechanical, like watching ants rebuild a mound.
    Edited by Armitas on August 1, 2016 11:52AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tower farming only works when you go thru the door. DO Not go in. The best way to deal with a tower farm is walk away after you recapture the resource. Stealth up and wait. The point of tower farming is to gain AP from players entering the tower. The reason they take the resource is to make it known on the map. If you retake the resource and walk away they must come out. Either as a group or in pairs to retake the resource so the can change the color on the map again. If you are in stealth you simply kill them as a group or in small numbers because unless they flip the resource back they accomplish nothing and can't go back in. If they come off as a group the fall immediately damages them and you can wipe them. Just remember you don't have to go in to get them. If you control the flag it becomes a Defense tick. If they drop out they can't get back in. I have done this more times to large groups than i can count. Its fun, it does require patience, but the end result is they get nothing but the original 25ap for taking the resource. After they fail enough times at gaining AP they will stop doing it.

Of course you can just force them out as well if you have a strong enough group. That's always fun too.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tower farming isn't that hard to defeat. Once pugs have flipped the resource to your faction and you can't destroy it, setup Cold Fire Trebs around it. Then you can take out the FC at the top and in certain places you can actually hit the bottom level areas. It just takes practice is all. Once you've destroyed the FC and have multiple Cold Fires hitting the bottom level then pop barrier just before entering and go to town!
    Edited by Robbmrp on August 1, 2016 2:07PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Once you've flipped the resource to your faction
    Please stop perpetuating this noob trap. The single best solution by far is to not take the resouce back, but instead siege the tower down.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Once you've flipped the resource to your faction
    Please stop perpetuating this noob trap. The single best solution by far is to not take the resouce back, but instead siege the tower down.

@Lava_Croft that is of course the ideal situation but when pugs have already rushed in and taken the resource it's no longer an option. Most of the time I get to the resources they've already been flipped. I updated my OP above to reflect that as well.
    Edited by Robbmrp on August 1, 2016 2:09PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes lets destroy tower farming. Lets destroy small scale... Soon after releasing ARENAS/BATTLEGROUNDS ! Then I'll never come back to Cyro so that will not bother me anymore. But for now to all ,,nerf tower fight" fans i have 1 advice. Dont go inside if You want to live if You come inside it's obvious You want to die and my duty is to help You with it. SO there You have solution. Problem solved thread closed.
    Edited by juhasman on August 1, 2016 2:18PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New in 2.5.0....Tower farming has been relocated to towns. No more pesky resource issues. Just play on the flags and enjoy your arena like feel. The rewards are awesome you get access to vendors and oh wait here's the biggie.....You get a popcorn buff, so you can gain more AP. This is a real incentive to leave my ^&($% resources alone.........
    Edited by Anazasi on August 1, 2016 2:25PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solution #1. Don't flip the flag, siege the tower down and turn the fight into a much more interesting one.

Solution #2. My group goes goes to a more fun and/or meaningful part of the map while others feed the AP farm.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    You already can't put forward camps up if you don't own the resource. A no rezzing rule would be awful, pointless, and against the spirit of the game. There is nothing wrong with tower farming, if folks are going to keep throwing their bodies in there without properly coordinating then they deserve what's coming.

He's right you know.

Either siege it down before capture or don't go in and wait for them to come out. Really what is so hard to understand about that.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on August 1, 2016 6:40PM
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't zergtunnel like lemmings into the tower....
    problem solved
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to defeat a tower farm is to trickle in 1 by 1 and stand at the door. If that fails put a foward camp down and trickle in again standing in the doorway tanking siege. If that does not work call more friends and trickle in again till you either wipe the group or get bored & leave. All of you potatoes please do this every time you see a DD tower farm. Megaburn and co will thank you for your potato AP donations.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take the tower down and then siege them with Cold Fire ballista and meat bags. Easy peasy, unless you have a bunch of pugs who won't stay off the pin.