The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Bank (the Gold withdrawal and Gold donations thing)

Aspi90
Aspi90
✭✭✭
Hey,

I want to talk about the Guilds, especially the gold donation and gold withdrawal thing. I have to admit, that I have never donated any Gold, because I don´t know/trust the persons who have access to the Guild Bank and when I see, that specific members take out every few days millions (!) of Gold (his Gamertag even refers to this and includs the word "gold"...) then I feel right for don´t giving the leaders any more money.
I don´t have a clue how the whole Guild trader buying thing works, but I find it always fishy when members take out millions of Gold. I know there are good ones out there, but I feel most of them are gathering money from the guild members for their own use or even sell it on Ebay or whatever.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I really feel that this system should be looked into or even changed.
Do you guys see something similar or am I completely wrong here and misunderstand something?

Edited by Aspi90 on July 31, 2016 9:46AM
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to donate. There are a lot of good guilds, that don't require donations. If you're in a guild with a craglorn trader, you probably have to sell stuff worth 10k or 20k each week, but that is okay, since traders in craglorn cost 5+ millions (but you will sell all your *** super fast).

In the end, leaders kinda can do what they want. It's their guild. But if you think something fishy is going on, just ask what they do with the money.

Only donate if you trust the people.

Edited by Mady on July 31, 2016 9:57AM
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are wrong.
    Only officers and leader can take Gold out of the Bank.
    And its most likly to buy a trader every week.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aspi90 wrote: »
    Hey,

I want to talk about the Guilds, especially the gold donation and gold withdrawal thing. I have to admit, that Idonated have never any Gold, because I don´t know/trust the persons who have access to the Guild Bank and when I see, that specific members take out every few days millions (!) of Gold (his Gamertag even refers to this and includs the word "gold"...) then I feel right for don´t giving the leaders any more money.
    I don´t have a clue how the whole Guild trader buying thing works, but I find it always fishy when members take out millions of Gold. I know there are good ones out there, but I feel most of them are gathering money from the guild members for their own use or even sell it on Ebay or whatever.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I really feel that this system should be looked into or even changed.
    Do you guys see something similar or am I completely wrong here and misunderstand something?

Yes, you misunderstand. A good trader can cost up to 5 million gold a week to hire. Due to bid spying, (yes, it is a thing), GM's will bid "tag bids" of a smaller amount earlier in week, and then on Sunday night/Monday morning they will bid again the full amount of bid so "spies can't see bids. I myself will make a bid 2-3 times in a week.
    You say you never donate gold. If you are talking a trader guild, they are dependent on donations as the sales from traders only return 3% of sales back to guild, and that is not near enough to maintain a trader from tax's alone.
    I am a GM of a mid size social guild with a trader. Beside bidding, I will use Guild Funds to buy prizes for our guild raffle, i.e. we gave away a full Akavari Motif recently. Those are not cheap. I have also used funds to help guild mates with purchases when they are new. Bottom line is ask the GM about it. Me and every GM i know in game are more than happy to be transparent about guild gold. If they get mad or wont share where gold is going, find a new guild.
    As far as taking gold and selling it on E-Bay... No. They can try, but Zos is great at killing bots, and ANYONE caught buying gold via any web site or selling in game gold, the accounts are banned. There was a problem at launch for a couple months with this, and Zos did a great job to kill it.
    For the OP, you need to find a guild with GM and members you can trust. I am in 5 of the best guilds in game and associated with 5 more, so I know they are out there.. Good luck and Happy Hunting!
    Huzzah!

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)