Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam NB (pvp) advice needed

HaldaAinur
HaldaAinur
✭✭✭
Looking for a guideline for a build.

Primary bar is dual wield, secondary is bow. Looking for a generally good PVP stam build I can work off of, and a tutor would also be great.

Currently only lvl 48, so don't have snipe quite yet.
Edited by HaldaAinur on July 30, 2016 6:27PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need snipe to be efficient, unless you want to gank. Now bar: cloak, vigor, shuffle, poison injection, piercing Mark, soul tether. 2h: fear, rally, relentless focus, ambush, surprise attack, incapacitating strike/dawnbreaker
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 hundings 1 kena 1 blood spawn, 3 agility, maelstrom weapons is a good baseline build for any stam build.

To substitute for mael and undaunted pieces: lekis, morkuldin, marksman ect. are possible
    Edited by Jules on July 30, 2016 7:28PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks you two! Luckily I got pretty much the same advice in game, and I can see the effects pretty soon. If anyone has any set suggestions like Jules posted, feel free to do so :)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jules' advice is solid. Since you want to run bow, you might want to consider Marksman as well.

Here's some of the builds I've run:
    dw/2h: 5 hundings, 4 morkuldin, 3 agility
    dw/2h: 4 morag tong, 4 morkuldin, 3 agility, 1 molag kena
    bow/2h: 5 marksman, 3 agility, 2 leki, 1 molag kena
    bow/2h: 5 marksman, 5 eternal hunt, 1 molag kena

This last one is my current favorite. I actually made a build video if you want to see it here.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dw + 2h is better then 2h + bow imo. More dps, more build options. Once you use dw, you never go back.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dw + 2h is better then 2h + bow imo. More dps, more build options. Once you use dw, you never go back.

I disagree but I also don't play stam Nb. I play stam Templar and very occasionally stam Dk.

I suppose I can see the logic of using dw on a stam nb. DW is best for your damage bar seeing as it gives most WD. However I wouldn't underestimate the power of the bow hasty retreat passive and the bow heavy attacks into ambush. I wouldn't give up bow for dw any day, I despise dw but it's just a personal preference.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭

Oh I get where you're coming from- dual wield and two handed have some great abilities. Like stampede for rushing an enemy, and dual wield for repetitive attacks. Which made me realise...I am running dual wield just put the wrong thing in the original post, :D (my brain went using things in two hands; 2h, I had a brainfart...)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

I disagree but I also don't play stam Nb. I play stam Templar and very occasionally stam Dk.

I suppose I can see the logic of using dw on a stam nb. DW is best for your damage bar seeing as it gives most WD. However I wouldn't underestimate the power of the bow hasty retreat passive and the bow heavy attacks into ambush. I wouldn't give up bow for dw any day, I despise dw but it's just a personal preference.

I think the reason people like DW on Stamblades is because we have Ambush. Other stamina builds need to rely on Crit Rush or Invasion for a stamina gap closer.
    Edited by Kartalin on July 30, 2016 6:29PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    As for which is better out of the two, I say they're both definitely useful to have on a NB, but it's down to preference in the end. I already have a 2h tank (which works surprisingly well if you take the time to get shielding and taunting abilities), so it's nice to switch to a different layout altogether.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 Morkuldin (3 on bow, 4 on DW)
    5 Eternal Hunt
    3 Agility
    Stun poison

gg

Just use a fully charged bow heavy into poison injection (flip bar) ambush SA incap

pretty much everything dies. if it does not die, fear it and apply enough SA until it does

if it still isnt dead, roll away and cloak and find something else to kill.

For the record - you can completely nix the bow and just use 2H as a buffbar with rally and just use the class skills on the DW bar to pretty much end 99 percent of the bads out there, only a few people wouldnt instavape to it.

stamNB is OP as hell.
    Edited by Rylana on July 31, 2016 7:06AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need a two hand weapon in there wether it be your buff bar or dps bar. Because rally is your only burst heal. You won't be able to heal effectively with dual wield/bow. If you are playing small scale I think 2hand/bow is best because the bow offers range and movement speed. But any sets that give you Max stam, stam recovery, and weapon damage will work just fine. Fully buffed I try to have atleast 2000 stam recovery and 3500 buffed weapon damage is the lowest I would go
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    As fun as 2h sounds, I'm going to stick to bow out of preference for the moment. :)
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swap around ravager, eternal hunt and skirmisher depending the situation. If you go with dw I highly recommend dreugh king set, really strong.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would actually wait for the next patch before you spend much money on a build. Dual Wield + 2hand is better burst (good against squishy opponents) and 2hand + Bow is better for more tanky opponents (Executioner and Poison Injection are strong execute abilites).

Practise a lot, once cloak gets fixed the class will get stronger. At the moment you will have a hard time as Nightblade against good players (Stamdks are the worst in my opinion) since you don't have Major Mending or Purge and cloak is not working well.

Can also recommend watching the videos from @Blobsky, he is a really good Stamblade.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Good point Ragnaroek93.

I'll probably just put a couple of points in 2h, level it a bit just in case I feel like swapping around in the future. I've just stepped into pvp with my NB (I prefer DK tank most of the time, so yeah, bit of a change), so this is a good time to experiment and see what works best for me before the next patch.

I'm going to try to level the FG and Alliance war skill lines so I'll have vigor and the fighters guild skill line ultimate for now, and get some practice in pvp as a nb.
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 hundings 1 kena 1 blood spawn, 3 agility, maelstrom weapons is a good baseline build for any stam build.

To substitute for mael and undaunted pieces: lekis, morkuldin, marksman ect. are possible

Yo that's my build. It's a secret. Keep that *** on the dl.

GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inig0 wrote: »

Yo that's my build. It's a secret. Keep that *** on the dl.

Lol that's everyone's build
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is what all beginner stamblades use, and all do a great contribution in feeding me moar AP
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    DW+2H, 5 Alchemist, 5 Viper, 3 agility. I can get past 4k weapon damage with that setup. If you replace Viper with Skirmisher you can get damn near 5k weapon damage.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-3 shot gank build
    5 marksman
    5 hundings
    1 kena

Shadow Mundus stone
    All CP into Crit Dmg and Physical dmg

Bow main bar
    2h back bar

Heavy att enemies from stealth followed by poison injection>ambush>incap strike
    ... DONE. rinse repeat. Very squishy with this build so u need cloak and speed to get away quick
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on August 1, 2016 1:24AM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-3 shot gank build
    5 marksman
    5 hundings
    1 kena

Shadow Mundus stone

Bow main bar
    2h back bar

... DONE. rinse repeat. Very squishy with this build so u need cloak and speed to get away quick
    No alchemist? Bad. Also crit dmg lol, bow expert is the way to go.
    Edited by BruhItsOver9000 on August 1, 2016 3:19AM
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    1-3 shot gank build
    5 marksman
    5 hundings
    1 kena

Shadow Mundus stone

Bow main bar
    2h back bar

I definitely noticed the squishiness that comes with my current approach. So yeah, damage and quick escapes is my priority for the moment.

Any good armor sets for stamina recovery?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing up my stamblade still and planning on the a loadout of 5 Hundings armor, 3 Marksman jewelry 1 Marksman armor, 1 Bloodspawn, 2 Lekis daggers, 1 Marksman bow.

Good to get the 5 piece Marksman bonus on the bow bar and the 4 piece bonus on the duel wield bar for the stam regen.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    HaldaAinur wrote: »
    1-3 shot gank build
    5 marksman
    5 hundings
    1 kena

Shadow Mundus stone

Bow main bar
    2h back bar

I definitely noticed the squishiness that comes with my current approach. So yeah, damage and quick escapes is my priority for the moment.

Any good armor sets for stamina recovery?

The marksman set gives stam recovery. http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Marksman's+Crest+Set