The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CRASHwood & Headset issues. Xbox.

Funkopotamus
Funkopotamus
✭✭✭✭✭
Aight ZOS this is getting out of hand.

I looked over the fact that going to orsinium was a toss up of losing your character to desktop login loop.
I can look over the fact that our mounts are now faster than the game can load and making the game lag.

But when you have to go to Crashwood ery day for dallies you get at least 2 if not 3 loading screens just going to get the quest.
THEN when you leave you might get desktop crash..
Now every 7 steps my mic stops working?

PLEASE. FIX THIS STUFF!!!
Edited by Funkopotamus on July 30, 2016 2:53AM
Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • skavid987
    skavid987
    thought this was just on xbox the mic situation is literally game breaking you have to stop and unplug your mic and plug it back in every time the game processes something for me it sound like there is a gattling gun in my ear
  • HoolDog
    HoolDog
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime I go thorough a door or fast travel I have to unplug my mic and put it back in several times.

And I thought it was my adapter/headset.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask - do you have a lot of quests in your log? I would seriously suggest canning any undaunted quests hanging around unless you intend to actually do them there and then, and any other excess quests that you might immediately get to.

Currently, it has been realised on the XBox that a lot of the crashes and loading screens are for some unknown reason, being caused by having more than 5-8 quests in your log.

For now, keep your quest log light, and only have in it what you intend to do in the very near future. Hopefully by now, you've completed the harborage quests, and all mages guild and fighters guild quests.

As for the Mic issues, its not so bad for me as I suffer very little lag and loading screens now. However, I do still get lagged/broken/stuttering sound from time to time as I am wondering around.
    Edited by Bonzodog01 on July 30, 2016 8:42AM
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Can I ask - do you have a lot of quests in your log? I would seriously suggest canning any undaunted quests hanging around unless you intend to actually do them there and then, and any other excess quests that you might immediately get to.

Currently, it has been realised on the XBox that a lot of the crashes and loading screens are for some unknown reason, being caused by having more than 5-8 quests in your log.

For now, keep your quest log light, and only have in it what you intend to do in the very near future. Hopefully by now, you've completed the harborage quests, and all mages guild and fighters guild quests.

As for the Mic issues, its not so bad for me as I suffer very little lag and loading screens now. However, I do still get lagged/broken/stuttering sound from time to time as I am wondering around.

So ZOS has basically asked players to avoid orsinium DLC of which we pay for to keep from losing characters to crash loop...

Now I am being asked to mico manage my quest log?

What kind of MMO does this? Not one that intends to keep playing customers I would think.

I am sorry, but those are not things we players should be dealing with at this point in the games lifetime!
    Played many MMO's from EQ and Asherons Call back in the day. And just about every other MMO I have at least played or tried.So I can understand bugs and other problems that might come up, but MMmmhhhaaan most companies would have made a hotfix or two by now.

I even give ZOS some slack on most of the console bugs because most people do not realize it, but ZOS has to clear any and all updates with Microsoft so it can take a minute to roll out a patch.. But having said that these things have been happening to often and for to long......

Edited by Funkopotamus on July 30, 2016 2:49PM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tried using xbox party because of the sound issues in game.... but for some reason everytime you travel in game you are kicked out of xbox party! seriously how is that even a thing?

and using party actually slows performance in game when it does work!
    Edited by bebynnag on July 30, 2016 2:54PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've come to realize that this game is not being developed for Xbox one.

Not that it's an excuse but coming from PC, most of the basic things that are good don't work.

August 16th will be a large deciding update to whether I stop playing and possibly leave the forums keeping up with stuff.
    I just get my mail as of now and play an alt from time to time as many folks I played with left at TG due to the many issues and crashing or getting stuck in Orsinium.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that it's an excuse but coming from PC, most of the basic things that are good don't work.

Yeah you and I have not seen eye to eye on a few things smurf, but I would hate to see you leave the game..
    I have noticed your play time drop A LOT.

After spending so much effort debating about the need for Text chat and fighting against the noncapped broken CP back in the day. I now just want a W-O-R-K-I-N-G! G-A-M-E!

It is not the console itself. Neverwinter runs almost flawlessly... I think ZOS just went down a very VERY bad road when they decided to FIRE 3/4 of the staff right before console release and replace them with new people. So I feel it is NOT the consoles fault.

As I have said from day one.. ZOS was handed the MMO world on a plate as far as console goes! All they had to do was not -blank- up! Well they are and it is a shame..

I even took a break for a few months and NEVER canceled my ESO+ because I believed in ZOS and wanted to support them even though I was frustrated enough to take a hammer to the game disc and shove it into a blender. That patience is wearing off though.

ZOS is in real trouble right now. Most of us older players are wearing thin when it comes to our understanding. Even more deadly to the game is that any new players joining the game will not be willing to stick around with broken mic's features and crash looped characters that cannot even log in. And new people will not want to sit through 3 loading screens after every shrine hop.....
    Edited by Funkopotamus on July 30, 2016 5:17PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah you and I have not seen eye to eye on a few things smurf, but I would hate to see you leave the game..
    I have noticed your play time drop A LOT.

After spending so much effort debating about the need for Text chat and fighting against the noncapped broken CP back in the day. I now just want a W-O-R-K-I-N-G! G-A-M-E!

It is not the console itself. Neverwinter runs almost flawlessly... I think ZOS just went down a very VERY bad road when they decided to FIRE 3/4 of the staff right before console release and replace them with new people. So I feel it is NOT the consoles fault.

As I have said from day one.. ZOS was handed the MMO world on a plate as far as console goes! All they had to do was not -blank- up! Well they are and it is a shame..

I even took a break for a few months and NEVER canceled my ESO+ because I believed in ZOS and wanted to support them even though I was frustrated enough to take a hammer to the game disc and shove it into a blender. That patience is wearing off though.

ZOS is in real trouble right now. Most of us older players are wearing thin when it comes to our understanding. Even more deadly to the game is that any new players joining the game will not be willing to stick around with broken mic's features and crash looped characters that cannot even log in. And new people will not want to sit through 3 loading screens after every shrine hop.....

Agree completely.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501