The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weakest Class in Solo PvP?

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    That is deeply disturbing.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    How far we have fallen
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Ok, who said stam nb and was being serious?
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    My ranking
    Stamplar
    Stamsorc
    Stamdk
    Magplar
    Mageblade
    Stamblade
    Magicka sorc
    Magicka dk

Lol magblade is better than stamblade?
    1)stamplar
    2)stam dk (close second these 2 are top tier)
    3)stamblade
    4)stam sorc (these 2 can be flipped)
    5) magplar
    6)magsorc
    7)magblade
    8)mag dk

You can make an argument for either stam dk or stamplar for being number one they both have good burst but what puts then over the top is major mending. I put stamblade as number 3 because they can take you from 100 to 0 incredibly quick. Stam sorc at 4 because of there mobility they are better at repositioning than any other class. Magplar at 5 because of their heals and just how balanced the class is overall best execute in the game and a claw purge than removes all dots (position injection), but they have horrible mobility and lack abilities to reposition themselves so a lot of times they can just be sitting ducks. Magsorc at 6 because they have more burst than the rest of the mag classes and have better mobility than them as well, but they lack constant dps and are to reliant on burst that is easily avoidable, and only real defense is shields that are easily worn down when being attacked by multiple enemies. Magblade at 7 best class skills and toolkit on paper, but it doesn't relate to open world PvP success. The class is too squishy and it often times lack the burst that it needs to make up for it being squishy impale needs to scale at 50% to give them a needed finisher that can be accessed any time. Magdk at 8 too many problems to list lol. Any of these classes can be effective if you are good though
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    mDK is on fire but come monday I'll be able to RP with drinks on my nord. Whooo going to be awesome! Oh and I'll get to do another dungeon...even though most people haven't even beat the last one on vet.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    I meant to vote Mag DK, misread the survey (night shift, bit dopey atm)

Mag DK is still my favourite class - and in 1v1 situations, I think I win more than 50% of the time, but the damage output is seriously lacking against tanker builds. I wreck Stamblades, but I find if I'm fighting another Stam spec, they're quite often too tanky for me to finish off - a lot of my fights end up as draws. The lack of an execute - which I've made threads on before - really hurts the magicka DK, because as someone above me said, our main source of DPS (apart from lash which is lacklustre) is purged by anyone who knows what they're doing.

We have a good plethora of skills - unfortunately, the way the build is constructed, we can be the better player for 90% of a fight, or even be in a position to 1vX, but due to the inherent lack of damage - no execute - you end up dying a warrior's death. Lash really needs to be an execute.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Those who claim that solo magicka templar is OP, 100% don't play one.
    -No solid CC/root capability to hold enemies nearby.
    -No mobility, even with mistform(thanks to gapclosers' snare that making mist almost usless vs large groups chasing).
    -Worst class sustain(sorry but even 25k BoL won't save you if you out of stamina in open world).
    Ofcourse nowdays no magicka templar run solo in open world to pick this option, while majority of DKs were solo-rambos that were nerfed and based on this immersion "1dk can't win 15 enemies anymore" claiming they are worst. Anyone rationally prove that I am wrong?
    P.S.: by solo pvp I see 1vX, not 1v1.

@Cinbri So You're saying some build is the weakest because it's not OP in 1vX even when it's god of XvXXXX ? I know it's voting for solo PvP but lets be realistic templar have the area where he rules. And about that beeing out of stamina , malubeth cancer templars dont even need to break free. Also i would not call the weakest the build that can purge 5 negative effects just like that in 1 sec and have 2 unidodgable skills in rotation (jabs and RD). Definitely magplar cnot be called the weakest.
    Edited by juhasman on July 31, 2016 2:17PM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Quite obvious.

Also anyone who tries to argue magicka templar is weak is either delusional or was a shitter before this patch where magicka templars became strong as ***.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    A class that by design kills enemies with sustained pressure (dots) where almost everyone plays a selfhealing monstertank. Well strong selfhealing is the hardcounter to the magica dragonknights dps design.
    Couple that with low mobility and the inaccessibility of healdebuffs on magica skills and you´ve got a recipe for failure.

MagDK does make for a nice grp utility tank though.

All in all it´s really hard to balance as they can´t give tank DKs more dmg because of how survivable they are. On the other hand a light armor DK deals really good dmg but dies when coughed at.
    This with the backthought of how changing utility spells would affect it´s very vaible stamina counterpart and how dmg increases would affect pve balance.

I have no idea how to really fix magDKs for pvp when also taking into account the other aspects of the game.

I´d probably go the route with nerfing selfhealing on burning embers and flameleash.

This while buffing dragonblood to work in a way where it provides a fixed amount of healing each second for 3 seconds (everytime the heart beats) + the current missing health mechanic. One morph could provide a longer hot the other offer minor protection.

I´d change reflect into a deflect. One morph still reflects for 2s with increased dmg the other only deflects (no dmg return to attacker) but still has 4s duration. Removal of projectile cap.

I´d put a 2s knockdown on the gapclosing chain morph (like swooping an enemy of his feet).

Maybe gain major evasion while standing in ash could (minor protection alternatively).
    Edited by Derra on July 31, 2016 2:54PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    Magic NB and magic DK are tied for last place, IMO.
    Glamdring wrote: »
    oh i so long for next "dlc" and to give all thoose maulbeth exploiting magplars their ass handed to them.
    Can somebody link me to where they said Malubeth was getting nerfed?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    oh i so long for next "dlc" and to give all thoose maulbeth exploiting magplars their ass handed to them.

On my phone so linking stuff is aids but I think it was on the thread to nerf malubeth by Jules.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight

Yes it was my thread, page 5 Gina addresses it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/280777/malubeth/p5
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Never played a mag DK but that Mag sorc is rough tho

I'm fine on mine. I kick ass more without shield stacking than I used to (maybe because there aren't many mag sorcs out there now). Elegance + Overload builds are very very strong when you know what you're doing.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka DK is weak in the solo department but makes up for it for being one of the best Tanks and Utility options for group based pvp. They may not be killers but they can take up a whole lot of aggro/damage for others in your group small or large scale.

I personally think Ground based ultimate's are in need of a dire buff. Negate got its former glory back and more... its about time Standard, Consuming Darkness and Nova got buffs, its a shame we don't see these ultimates in pvp. With a buff to standard maybe Magicka DK could hold its ground easier in solo pvp.

Consuming Darkness is amazing tho. Well in PvE at least, don't think it gets much use in PvP though
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Anyone who is voting anything other than mDK is completely wrong. Willing to debate anyone who thinks otherwise.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Derra wrote: »
    All in all it´s really hard to balance as they can´t give tank DKs more dmg because of how survivable they are.

I don't think their survivability is anything special. Wings are only semi-reliable in 1v1 due to light attack weaving, and other than that, their survivability comes from skills that are not exclusive to the DK class, like mist, heavy armor, and blocking. I'd rather bet my money on a templar - their survivability is better, and they don't seem to lack damage for it either.
    Edited by Sharee on July 31, 2016 5:12PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    I thought I chose mDK. :(
    Stupid phone
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    Sypher wrote: »
    Anyone who is voting anything other than mDK is completely wrong. Willing to debate anyone who thinks otherwise.

objection.jpg?t=1469810253986&width=625

Magic NB is just as bad as magic DK. Forum war me bro.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    Mag sorc? LMAO its the best class ok the shield got a nerf but still one of the overall strongest.
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    i have a much easier time playing mag dk over mag nb suitability is low this patch imo there dmg is bad now idk why its just really bad for some reason pretty high tooltip yet so little dmg not sure what they did to magic nb but its hitting like a wet noodle now
    Edited by PURPLE245 on July 31, 2016 6:14PM
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Magicka Nightblade
    7%

Makes 13 noobs or clowns in this thread so far.

Sanct16 wrote: »
    What do you think is the worst class for Solo PvP? And why?

Beside Magicka DK the one you can't handle.
    Edited by Bromburak on August 1, 2016 11:34AM
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    If you're excluding VD, probably on a par with magicka DK. Both are pretty balanced if you look at it from a group perspective. Nothing can compete stamina 1v1 or solo PvP.

IDK, game is the most balanced it's been for a while. I play all 4 classes and the only thing that stands out as OP is magicka Templar and stamina NB. Of course ignoring Malubeth but that is getting fixed.

As a magblade who solo's quite often, I disagree. I've beaten pleny of stamina users 1v1
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Nothing can compete stamina 1v1 or solo PvP.

You will barely find a decent Magicka NB getting killed by anyone in 1 vs. 1 if he follows the rule Survival -> DPS.

A player should always ask himself how many 1 vs 1 did he actually survive with his current build and if he won a fight how long was the fight. That's the only way how you improve your build to survive strong players in any competition.

A fight vs. strong players will always take a while and might never end because we both know very well how to play.
    Then it's decided by patience, pressure and who is making the first mistake. If I loose, I [snip] this up, nobody else.
    I keep track of my fights, if I don't care I don't find out what happened or where to improve in specific.

However, most players don't even care how often they actually die because death doesn't matter in ESO but it should matter for personal statistics because then you start seeing your build and play style from a different perspective.

And a Magicka NB who didn't find his balance between sustain, survival and acceptable DPS is a very bad player.
    Since you voted Magicka NB the weakest I am certain that your issue is trading survival for more DPS.

Imo a very bad deal but major cause for most bad NBs out there.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 2:27PM
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Bromburak wrote: »

You will barely find a decent Magicka NB getting killed by anyone in 1 vs. 1 if he follows the rule Survival -> DPS.

A player should always ask himself how many 1 vs 1 did he actually survive with his current build and if he won a fight how long was the fight. That's the only way how you improve your build to survive strong players in any competition.

A fight vs. strong players will always take a while and might never end because we both know very well how to play.
    Then it's decided by patience, pressure and who is making the first mistake. If I loose, I [snip] this up, nobody else.
    I keep track of my fights, if I don't care I don't find out what happened or where to improve in specific.

However, most players don't even care how often they actually die because death doesn't matter in ESO but it should matter for personal statistics because then you start seeing your build and play style from a different perspective.

And a Magicka NB who didn't find his balance between sustain, survival and acceptable DPS is a very bad player.
    Since you voted Magicka NB the weakest I am certain that your issue is trading survival for more DPS.

THIS ^^^
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 2:28PM
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    Magicka Nightblade
    7%

Makes 13 noobs or clowns in this thread so far.

Sanct16 wrote: »
    What do you think is the worst class for Solo PvP? And why?

The one you can't handle.

Coming from the noob who hit "Show Poll Results". At least you were honest to yourself to not vote afterwards.

I bet you were about to vote Stamina Templar :D
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight

Not dying doesn't mean anything if you don't have enough dps to kill your opponent. If the fight ends in a draw you didn't win, and you are playing to passively. I also main a magblade. i do agree it isn't the worse class there's a big gap between magblade and mag dk for solo PvP, but the other classes are all better than magblade because they don't have to trade dps for survivability well maybe magsorc as well but that's pretty much it. I find I'm more successful if i just stack all damage on my magblade that's why I started running the lich set a couple months ago so I can stack my damage as high as it would go, being survivable just wasn't cutting it in open world PvP I needed more dps. The faster you kill people in open world the better of you'll be. Dueling is a whole different story I've had success running heavy armor destro/restro in duels but I would never take that set to open world lol.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 2:27PM
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Never played a mag DK but that Mag sorc is rough tho

I'm fine on mine. I kick ass more without shield stacking than I used to (maybe because there aren't many mag sorcs out there now). Elegance + Overload builds are very very strong when you know what you're doing.

Even with the RPer\troll that picked stamplar rambling away I find the assertion that Overload with elegance is an entire build to be the most objectionable thing in this thread.
    Edited by The-Baconator on August 1, 2016 3:57AM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    My ranking
    Stamplar
    Stamsorc
    Stamdk
    Magplar
    Mageblade
    Stamblade
    Magicka sorc
    Magicka dk

Lol magblade is better than stamblade?
    1)stamplar
    2)stam dk (close second these 2 are top tier)
    3)stamblade
    4)stam sorc (these 2 can be flipped)
    5) magplar
    6)magsorc
    7)magblade
    8)mag dk

You can make an argument for either stam dk or stamplar for being number one they both have good burst but what puts then over the top is major mending. I put stamblade as number 3 because they can take you from 100 to 0 incredibly quick. Stam sorc at 4 because of there mobility they are better at repositioning than any other class. Magplar at 5 because of their heals and just how balanced the class is overall best execute in the game and a claw purge than removes all dots (position injection), but they have horrible mobility and lack abilities to reposition themselves so a lot of times they can just be sitting ducks. Magsorc at 6 because they have more burst than the rest of the mag classes and have better mobility than them as well, but they lack constant dps and are to reliant on burst that is easily avoidable, efense is shields that are easily worn down when being attacked by multiple enemies. Magblade at 7 best class skills and toolkit on paper, but it doesn't relate to open world PvP success. The class is too squishy and it often times lack the burst that it needs to make up for it being squishy impale needs to scale at 50% to give them a needed finisher that can be accessed any time. Magdk at 8 too many problems to list lol. Any of these classes can be effective if you are good though

Yes, i personally think mageblade is better than stamblade in this patch. I cant recall a single time a stamblade has legit put me on the defensive, only stamblade i can think of that has put me on the edge, and rarely see anymore, is ninja-san.

Yes stamblades have a crapton of burst but they are too squishy... like literally heavy att them to death. One dawnbreaker>execute combo and DONE. No survivability whatsoever... whereas a mageblade can shield up/cloak. Mageblades have nice healing passives and strife is really good.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is solo PVP? Playing solo can vary wildly:

- solo objective play; running with faction zergs, starting sieges, etc
    - solo 1vx play; looking for 1vx fodder for videos, etc
    - solo lane play; anything can happen -- FCs have mostly killed this
    - ganking
    - duels
    - etc

No class/resource is best at all of these things.

My magicka DK can be effective "solo" when around other random players by being the first to dive into the zerg, survive, and hope that others join in. My magicka NB was great for bombing groups, scouting, ganking siege lines, slowing opposition raids to buy time for backup, etc..
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    For me playing solo is to find enemies on your own, without the help of anyone else and try to kill as many as possible.

1vX comes down to 3 things, while killing people and not staying alive as long as possible;
    (1.) Survivability in tanking, dodging and LoS
    (2.) Ressource management
    (3.) Burst, because in 1vX you don't have a nice 20 seconds to kill people

Magicka Dragonknight is the worst and Stamina Nightblade is the best if you apply these points.

Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel