The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proof that Magicka Sorcerer is not OP as claimed

Fasoo
Fasoo
✭✭✭✭
Here is my simple proof/reason Magicka Sorcerer is now a mid to low tier spec:

When you go into Cyrodiil, how many Magicka Sorcs do you see? Compared to Templar, to night blade, to Dragonknight. It is laughable. Now count how many of those Sorcs killed you , and then count how many times you die to other specific specs, the difference is very substantial. Yet people that die to a Magicka Sorc immediately claim "Cheat Engine". The reason being most Magicka sorcerers are so subpar they cannot kill a mid tier player nowadays, so when the said mid tier player is actually killed,(by very specific players I may add) they are already pointing fingers claiming "Cheat Engine!" Magicka Sorc is in a very similar spot to Magicka DK in the sense that only the absolute elite tier of them can still perform , while the meager numbers of the remaining fail to perform due to not enough experience and playing only in the strong Sorc meta of previous patches.

If Magicka Sorc is so good, why does no one play one? (I'm looking at all you Templar ReRolls"

I was running with a Magicka Sorc in duo and immediately as we were killing a larger than usual amount of people, I was bombarded with whispers of "cheat engine" "hacker" "tool" and etc.
I was even Whispered by a man saying "You are nothing but a scoundrel , a thief, a coward". And he then followed that up with a "Give a kiss to your hero , H-I-T-L-E-R".
now I'm not sure if that was a reference to the notorious PCNA Sorc and he was basing rumors of one Sorc to be applied to all of us ,but I find It very funny.

The point of my post is this, Magicka Sorc is in a terrible position, small scale being the 2nd worst spec to play (HAIL MAG DK) And the people that die to the rare Pepe Sorc need to realize it is simply a L2P issue and there are much bigger issues within pvp, with Stam and tank builds being rampant, etc.

To all Magicka Sorcs still out there Exposing in 2016, I salute you.
Edited by Fasoo on July 28, 2016 10:33PM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasoo wrote: »
    To all Magicka Sorcs still out there Exposing in 2016, I salute you.
    sup brah
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who even says Mag Sorc is OP anymore? I certainly don't hear that on Xbox.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya good
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Who even says Mag Sorc is OP anymore? I certainly don't hear that on Xbox.

try playing NA PC, it is much different :)
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol mag sorc is still really good, the reason you see more of other specs like Magicka Templar or Stamina night blade: all the sorc rerolls thought life was over when the shields got changed and rerolled the most OP class.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol mag sorc is still really good, the reason you see more of other specs like Magicka Templar or Stamina night blade: all the sorc rerolls thought life was over when the shields got changed and rerolled the most OP class.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When does the 'proof' happen?
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weak - Decently Good Magicka Sorcs are now terrible and/or rerolled.

Good - Really Good Magicka Sorcs are still powerful, but many still rerolled because other classes are far more appealing to most.

Magicka Sorcerer is a notoriously boring playstyle to begin with. Very few players invest heavily into the class and love playing a Sorcerer.

There's more to it, but that is the situation. If you see a Magicka class nowadays, it'll probably be a Magicka Templar ......
    Edited by Vaoh on July 28, 2016 10:50PM
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    AriBoh wrote: »
    When does the 'proof' happen?

ya
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you go into Cyrodiil, how many Magicka Sorcs do you see? Compared to Templar, to night blade, to Dragonknight. It is laughable.

IMO, the reason for this is that the dominant play style is now boring, not because it is ineffective. It's played out, but still very powerful.

With that said, I think there is a lack of viable diversity. I think the root of this is the Stamina and Magicka divide and that the DK and NB classes are also impacted. I think Magicka Templar is fine because, IMO, Templar is the most effective overall class at the moment.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AjoAZTo.gif

..... Seriously ZoS just add soft caps back already
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

IMO, the reason for this is that the dominant play style is now boring, not because it is ineffective. It's played out, but still very powerful.

Sorry mate, had to lol on that.

The "dominant playstyle" riiiiight...

Boring has nothing to do with it, and it sure as *** isn't dominant. People will play the *** out of anything that works. This is fact. Eg: Malubeths, Wrecking Blow, now Dizzying Swing.

People play the meta, the meta is always the effective build.

There are still a few good sorcs in Cyro that have adapted, mostly the old timers i see.

Simply put it takes more effort to be competitive with less tools, and that's not fun.

• Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hempyre wrote: »

Boring has nothing to do with it, and it sure as *** isn't dominant. People will play the *** out of anything that works. This is fact. Eg: Malubeths, Wrecking Blow, now Dizzying Swing.

There are still a few good sorcs in Cyro that have adapted, mostly the old timers i see.

Simply put it takes more effort to be competitive with less tools, and that's not fun.

Exactly :) there are about 3 good ones left on NA PC, It is pretty funny :/)
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, sorc isn't op, just you. Nerf Fas. Ya good?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly :) there are about 3 good ones left on NA PC, It is pretty funny :/)

There's more than that I'd say, but not many. For many of us, they'll have to pry the class out of our cold dead fingers.

I wouldn't expect any class buffs or fixes though, I mean... Look at Magicka DK. Their highest damage build is based on Fire staff heavy attacks FFS...
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magsorc has some issues but compared to the other magicka classes it is really good. It's not as bad as magblade or mag dk right now. I agree that it is harder to be effective with, but that's a direct reflection of all the CCs and how many people just spam them in open world PvP.
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fas and German are two sorcs I never like running into.

There are a few others, but to address the OP, whenever someone in the guild gets the sorc player kill quest, they immediately swap out until it's their last. That includes the stam sorc rerolls too. Sorc is the most under represented class in Cyro atm.
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently started playing sorc again and it feels pretty balanced to me.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc probably got one of the strongest executes in the game, aside Radiant. They still posess a lot of mobility & strengths. Yeah, it's shields are not OP anymore, so you can't shieldstack, mine/atrocamp for days. But it's not THAT poor performing. It's in line with other Magicka classes(aside templars). Magicka Nightblades, Magicka DKs, they're not weak. But they're falling short to their other spec(stamina).

I've seen a magicka DK rek every person in duels for the past 3-4 hours. And that's both templars, stamina DKs, NBs etc. It's just a matter of finding the build that works for you and knowing how to play your class.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    @thankyourat

Im glad its working for you, no sarcasm.

We need more peeps playing this class, and recomending positive changes.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop negate when and where you're told and keep quiet until you're ready to inform lead that it's back up and you once again serve a purpose.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hempyre lol I never said it's working well. It's good compared to the other magicka class but compared to stamblade, stamplar, and stam dk it's not on the same level and it needs some work. If it wasn't for all the CCs it could compete but it's low stamina pool is a big weakness, too big to be ignored. It's better than magblade and mag dk lol but that's not saying much at the moment. If you have a good knowledge of the game you can do well with it, but that's the case with any class
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya

Magicka Sorc probably got one of the strongest executes in the game, aside Radiant. They still posess a lot of mobility & strengths. Yeah, it's shields are not OP anymore, so you can't shieldstack, mine/atrocamp for days. But it's not THAT poor performing. It's in line with other Magicka classes(aside templars). Magicka Nightblades, Magicka DKs, they're not weak. But they're falling short to their other spec(stamina).

Yeah, I consider it a really big issue when they consistently nerf our mobility, then hand it over to general stam builds which in turn makes stam sorc the most mobile in the game. Thanks ZOS.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Outer_Rim
    Outer_Rim
    ✭✭✭
    So you take the word of pugs and you base their word and what they say as "general thinking" of this community, any competitive player knows sorc is the same, and only stronger because of the change to annulment. Stop making it seem like something it isn't. Willing to bet you will put out a magicka sorc video and this thread is just a setup for it.
    Edited by Outer_Rim on July 29, 2016 12:59AM
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outer_Rim wrote: »
    So you take the word of pugs and you base their word and what they say as "general thinking" of this community, any competitive player knows sorc is the same, and only stronger because of the change to annulment. Stop making it seem like something it isn't. Willing to bet you will put out a magicka sorc video and this thread is just a setup for it.

Ya
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Weak - Decently Good Magicka Sorcs are now terrible and/or rerolled.

Good - Really Good Magicka Sorcs are still powerful, but many still rerolled because other classes are far more appealing to most.

Magicka Sorcerer is a notoriously boring playstyle to begin with. Very few players invest heavily into the class and love playing a Sorcerer.

There's more to it, but that is the situation. If you see a Magicka class nowadays, it'll probably be a Magicka Templar ......

yeah, i miss my mag sorc. but nerfs to surge, Streak and the changes to dawnbreaker. made it so i wasn't having any fun playing the class.

i never really liked the shield stacking meta. but these changes didn't fix that, the class still relies heavily on shields they didn't even make that any better. meh.
    Edited by Lucky28 on July 29, 2016 2:28AM
    Invictus
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outer_Rim wrote: »

Any competitive player? So like you mean competitive sorcs, can you name competitive Sorcs please? I'd love to hear this. Who thinks that?
    Edited by Fasoo on July 29, 2016 2:43AM
  • JohunBleek
    JohunBleek
    ✭✭✭
    Who's Faso?
    Best NB NA
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love my sorc to death, but I have to say it's the most boring character I have. Still the most powerful too
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1