Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

6-8 man dungeons should be added?

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Daraugh wrote: »
    Dungeons that scale to group size please.

This is actually something that I was thinking about lately.

Dungeons should provide a bonus based on the missing roles. If the group has no tank role selected, the "Battle Spirit" in the dungeon should provide the entire group with a bonus to their resistances and healing received. If the group has no healer, then the entire groups Regens should be improved.

I wouldn't want mob sizes to change or difficulty, but rather have the battle spirit scaling adjust the "improvements" that it makes to players based on the roles that are available to form a group.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I kinda wish that any instance scaled to whatever number of players you got in your group.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Abeille wrote: »
    I kinda wish that any instance scaled to whatever number of players you got in your group.

I feel that battle spirit should buff based on roles missing which would make grouping easier using the tool. (though I rarely use it without a full group) Im wary of scaling based on numbers since I don't believe that undaunted helms should come to players who go in with 2, have one person leave and the other guy solos bosses that shouldn't be soloed to get helms. Thats almost as bad as having a cyrodil vendor.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Daraugh wrote: »
    Dungeons that scale to group size please.

This is actually something that I was thinking about lately.

Dungeons should provide a bonus based on the missing roles. If the group has no tank role selected, the "Battle Spirit" in the dungeon should provide the entire group with a bonus to their resistances and healing received. If the group has no healer, then the entire groups Regens should be improved.

I wouldn't want mob sizes to change or difficulty, but rather have the battle spirit scaling adjust the "improvements" that it makes to players based on the roles that are available to form a group.

There's actually no interest to create even faster and less congruent group formation Inside the game. This game already required no tank in 4-man dongeon (sometimes but actually most of the time), and can also required no designated healer if the team is up for that kind of challenge.

So adding a bonus would only mean even less place for role such as healer or tank which isn't what we could hope for I believe.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I feel like 4-man and 12-man instances already satisfy all PvE needs. A middle-ground isn't really needed in my opinion.

I do think that perhaps veteran dungeons are a bit too easy and this might be why you wanted something like this, but I think the developers are better spent making content for the two group formats we currently have. Besides, something like an 8-man instance wouldn't work too well and would end up being too similar to trials, and instead of setting it apart from trials, it would be just a smaller version of it, essentially making it redudant.

In my opinion ESO is already more than set for PvE content, and rather lacks a greater variety in PvP.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Saturn wrote: »
    I feel like 4-man and 12-man instances already satisfy all PvE needs. A middle-ground isn't really needed in my opinion.

I do think that perhaps veteran dungeons are a bit too easy and this might be why you wanted something like this, but I think the developers are better spent making content for the two group formats we currently have. Besides, something like an 8-man instance wouldn't work too well and would end up being too similar to trials, and instead of setting it apart from trials, it would be just a smaller version of it, essentially making it redudant.

In my opinion ESO is already more than set for PvE content, and rather lacks a greater variety in PvP.

The only real disagreement I have is that I believe there is room for instanced 2 Man content. Whether it's the next Arena, an undaunted pledge, or a Fighters Guild contract (Ahem, ZoS take the hint...pve Fighters Guild non-cyro contracts), I believe that 2 Man instanced content would be different enough and cater to a very large portion of the games players.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Saturn wrote: »

The only real disagreement I have is that I believe there is room for instanced 2 Man content. Whether it's the next Arena, an undaunted pledge, or a Fighters Guild contract (Ahem, ZoS take the hint...pve Fighters Guild non-cyro contracts), I believe that 2 Man instanced content would be different enough and cater to a very large portion of the games players.

Yeah I can agree with that. The solo arena isn't really something I like doing as I can't do it with my friends, but a duo arena would be interesting.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I can dig a two man arena can run complimentary class builds a tank and healer or dps healer, dps tank
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I can dig a two man arena can run complimentary class builds a tank and healer or dps healer, dps tank

Yes, there's a plethora of posts and comments which imply that players really enjoy playing with one other person specifically, but unfortunately much of the PvE content is too easy to have two people in it, and the group content is set up for 4+. Bringing a 2 man Arena or other such content to the game would cater to the casual players (their target group) and if they created a veteran mode it would cater to the more social of the hardcores.

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    honestly I think 6-8 man trials shouldn't be added for the simple fact that normal ones are ez enough for casuals and lowbies and vet ones punishing enough for even decent groups so in my opinion the only thing that needs adjusting since they improved dsa aa and hrc as well is just the loot table... make them worth while those who make vet ones... and adding 6 man raids would just ruin the system it is atm...I rather have zenimax focus on pvp arenas and maybe world pvp... also can we get some TRAINING DUMMIES PLEASE???? *** npc in cyrodill bases have them and they practice light attack on them.... we need dummies to master our rotations...check our dps... resource management and all that kind of stuff
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Other then a reason to process DPS players through the que on duty system faster my vote would be no.

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    honestly I think 6-8 man trials shouldn't be added for the simple fact that normal ones are ez enough for casuals and lowbies and vet ones punishing enough for even decent groups so in my opinion the only thing that needs adjusting since they improved dsa aa and hrc as well is just the loot table... make them worth while those who make vet ones... and adding 6 man raids would just ruin the system it is atm...I rather have zenimax focus on pvp arenas and maybe world pvp... also can we get some TRAINING DUMMIES PLEASE???? *** npc in cyrodill bases have them and they practice light attack on them.... we need dummies to master our rotations...check our dps... resource management and all that kind of stuff

Good groups do not have trouble for more than a very short period of time in learning a new Veteran Trial. The only Trial that is still daunting for the Average Good Team is Veteran Maw, and mark my words...it will be beaten.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.