The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

6-8 man dungeons should be added?

Mettaricana
Mettaricana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I feel like eso needs a middle ground for players its like solo 4 man then jump to 12 people in a trial. Kinda feels like there should be a 6-8 man dungeon of high difficulty maybe even have boss helm drops etc like maybe a platnium pledge they could be new different enemy deeper expeditions into exsisting veteran dungeons like a room deeper into dark shades or a wall falls out in fungal that takes you even deeper maybe that platform you fight bogdan on snaps off and you and the party plummet into the abyss to find an even greater evil down there. Climb to the top of white gold tower beat kena then enter into the anchor gate for a coldharbor section of dungeon the finally shatter the gate over cyrodiil?

This is not to replace trials so please don't bring trials into this or the normal zos just needs more trials argument plenty of other posts on that.
Edited by Mettaricana on July 19, 2016 11:10AM

6-8 man dungeons should be added? 130 votes

Yes
50%
MisterBigglesworthrudimentxb14_ESOMarronMarvelIoveElara_Northwind_ChaosDhariuscf398ub17_ESOPeers-Through-Murkkhele23eb17_ESONifty2gSirCriticalLaerothKeykalynTanadrielSanTii.92Tanis-StormbinderAromaklookstwiceRobbmrpWolfchild07 66 votes
No
36%
mike_filleragabahmeatshieldb14_ESOKasKendaricVoryn_DagothGigasaxSaturnDarlonAnath_QAldruinguulKetarmishAldarennJames-Waynexenowarrior92eb17_ESOElhananGhost-ShotDelgentdroids097Elsonso 47 votes
Other
13%
MojmirShadesofkinlolo_01b16_ESOMadypotirondb16_ESOAbeilleDaraughstarlizard70ub17_ESOalkodavReifKingShockerMorimizoAnhedonieDerraLiofaLeandorLord_Eomer 17 votes
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If time, money and human recources are deployed on Raids:
    I prefer the coins to be spent on more difficulty levels in general or more 4-12 Raids.

If it is too difficult to organise 12 people, or the jump from 4 to 12 too big:
    Do the raid with less people at a lower difficulty level.

Oh... and ZOS should remove the artificial condition to have enough people like for example the 12 in AA

Edited by hrothbern on July 19, 2016 11:23AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I think only issue is difficulty difference between contents . All gold pledges can be doable easily with 4 average DDs but easiest trial will need very good group coordination and decent DPS from all damage dealers . Also hugely supportive healers and tanks . In my opinion , we don't need 6-8 man dungeons but we need content that has mixed difficulty between trials and pledges . Like you said , platinium pledges or as mentioned before in another thread , Nightmare Mode . Not too easy for regular players and not too difficult like trials .

Sadly , this topic mentioned several times but ZOS still nerf easy dungeons and buff harder content . I voted but it is a very slight chance they will even look into this issue :/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ... mainly because this way they can focus energy on making new Dungeons and Trials and not have that energy split trying to roll out a middle ground dungeon. In the end, they would still roll out content at the same speed and people who want a specific type of group activity would have to wait longer.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the distant feeling, the next Arena could be a 2 man arena. Just a guess.
    #GiveUsForceShockStaffAlready
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    How about scaling to group size? They have a scaling mechanism now. After the dust settles and the kinks are worked out, why not extend it.

In a year or so, start tackling adding this second layer where 4-mans are extended to be 3 to 6 mans. Most game mechanics could probably stay the same for that range and still be "challenging".
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    i'd like to have some 2-ppl content
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Imo it would be nice to have one or two dungeon designed as middle ground (6-8 ppl) with good group coordination mechanics.

I don't think scaling really works because why would you get 8 ppl to run wgt which might take longer/harder than a 4 man speed run? Same for doing trials in lower difficulty, why bother if it takes 2x longer for same reward?
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish you could scale to 2 person or 6 the same current vet dungeons just with a % on health , dmg and number of mobs and bosses increase.
    More than 6 in current vet dungeons space is too much.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I wish you could scale to 2 person or 6 the same current vet dungeons just with a % on health , dmg and number of mobs and bosses increase.
    More than 6 in current vet dungeons space is too much.
    Bear in mind, 2 may be to few for some mechanics that result in incapacitating one player forcing the others to act.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, and I'd like to see 2-man content also.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Other ask in asking more 6-8 man content but not necessairly dungeon.

What do I mean:

1. I like the idea of raiding with a combination of 2 tanks, 3 healer and 7 DD. I personnally enjoy the Manticore and the Varsha's Brother mecanics because of that, not only because they do give more importance to tank which is very much needed since tanks is the harder role to find in 4-man content, but also because they don't put all of the challenge on DPS but also on mecannics.

So having Trial content which includes group split or off-tanking or 6/6 man coordination is Something I like.

2. I also like the fact that 6-8 man content could mean open world content with an higher level of difficulty. To give the example of an MMO which I liked, The Secret World, they have Inside each zone an hardcord spot which is only accessible at higher level and which includes better drop and also some special item. Those Hardcord zone are usually raid by small team of 5/6 players and increase the overall end-game experience.

That to me, is a cool way of increasing the overall open-world experience by adding spot which are dedicated for an improve challenge. Could this be made with a revamp of public dongeon which can now be solo (when you have the right gear and cp), I very much like to think so, maybe by adding a veteran public dongeon system in which small team could get there ass-kicked a couple of time).

3. 6-8 man content should also be a target for World-Boss accross Tamriel, the current level of difficulty actually made them 2-man content, which is nice during progression since it is harder to find people, and that they are not rewarding the player enough to justify a full group to be created... but I do believe that the one that appears Inside the new DLC should always be tought as 6-8 mans World-Boss.

Current World Boss of Thieve's guild can actually be solo, (duo with ease, once again if you have a great Partner)

So overall, I'm not sure adding 6-8 man instance is Something that is really interesting because of how the role Inside this game are working (No dedicated CC/No dedicated Pull/ etc.) but I do think that for a great majority of situation the game should have in mind a 6-8 man content. The idea I prefere being the veteran public dongeon.

P.S. I don't know what type of reward those could give... one more skill-point for sure... but maybe also crafting motif, a chest with crafting material, special boon (housing post)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279105/what-do-you-want-from-player-housing/p2
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    No
    hrothbern wrote: »
    I prefer the coins to be spent on more difficulty levels in general or more 4-12 Raids.

Oh... and ZOS should remove the artificial condition to have enough people like for example the 12 in AA

I agree
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I think it would be awesome for content like this but I would prefer stuff like spell crafting be produced first
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think a good solution would be to scale trials to groupsize.

Leaderboards only with maximum groupsize. Mechanics stay in place. Only dmg and enemy HP gets scaled with number of players.

To avoid people farming easy loot in a 4 man trial with 12 ppl - bosses only drop 1 item for everyone that was part of the grp when the instance was created. IE: 4 man trial, 12 ppl, 8 don´t get anything on bosskill
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'd love to see some large 32 player battles in the PvP space where there are mechanics like we have on trials but those mechanics work differently with PvP players in, all fighting to complete the objective for the most points... lag aside, it could be instanced like trials just have multiple sides within the instance like a game of capture of the flag (which is a simple example) but include bosses (like Imperial City Sewers). Something that isn't built for a cookie cutter build with DPS, Healer or Tank as MUST requirements... so many possibilities!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    hrothbern wrote: »

totally lol. only thing that stops many players is that damn platform thigs.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I would rather each Dungeon scale to the number of players present, that way, whether you have 2, 3, 5, 7 etc. the challenge can always morph. If anyone gets involuntarily kicked (or by choice, either by themselves or by the group), it doesn't ruin it for the remainder.

Leader boards are just for the 4 and 12s, of course.
    Edited by Morimizo on July 20, 2016 4:24PM
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 is too big ?

My god, you should have been around during the original Everquest when there were 72 man raids !!!! That was awesome !!! AND there was no instanced content, so the Top tier guilds would have to coordinated among themselves on who was raiding what and when.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    12 is too big ?

My god, you should have been around during the original Everquest when there were 72 man raids !!!! That was awesome !!! AND there was no instanced content, so the Top tier guilds would have to coordinated among themselves on who was raiding what and when.

Oh I was around during that but eso is just geared for smaller things and more single player oriented but at same time you either know everyone and can run a 12 man trial or you have just barely enough to do a group dungeon.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Honestly I think that 8 might not be awful, but I'd prefer it follow the 4,8,12 scheme rather than chucking 6 in there for any reason.

Also, I really would love to see 2 man undaunted instances.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    12 is too big ?

Oh I was around during that but eso is just geared for smaller things and more single player oriented but at same time you either know everyone and can run a 12 man trial or you have just barely enough to do a group dungeon.

The only reason my guilds ever run into "not enough players" is because they're doing the trial already with another group.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly I think that 8 might not be awful, but I'd prefer it follow the 4,8,12 scheme rather than chucking 6 in there for any reason.

That would be awesome! If Craglorn had more of 2 man focus initially, it would be everyone's favorite zone.

We need a new zone like this with 2 man dungeons and 2v2 PVP arenas arenas as well.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 or 8 man dungeons that require 1 healer 1 tank and 6 dps could actually be helpful. There are way more DPS than other roles, would make easier for more people to get in a group.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

That would be awesome! If Craglorn had more of 2 man focus initially, it would be everyone's favorite zone.

We need a new zone like this with 2 man dungeons and 2v2 PVP arenas arenas as well.

I maintain that 2 man dungeons as part of the undaunted system would be brilliant and would go a long way towards helping the casual players who like to run with their buddy or significant other.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

I maintain that 2 man dungeons as part of the undaunted system would be brilliant and would go a long way towards helping the casual players who like to run with their buddy or significant other.

I can roll with this me and my gf two man everything some golds assuming the boss doesn't have a lock down insta kill like maubeth, fungal shade boss, or switches that need to be opened at same time
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    VMA 2 man Raid! :)
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    only if they scale content
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I want a two man dungeon! Super hard, but with awesome loot! o:)
    Edited by Mady on July 25, 2016 8:35AM
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    would prefer 2-man's tbh
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Dungeons that scale to group size please.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred