Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Legit or phishing?

Egade
Egade
Hi everybody,

my ESO Plus expired and I've just received an email offering me a free month if I subscribe again.
Is this legit or a phishing attempt?
The sender and link in the email are not necessarily from Bethesda and I can't find any info about such an offer online.

This is the text of the email.

We noticed that you just cancelled your ESO Plus membership, and we'd like to see if we can tempt you back with a special one-time, buy one month, get one month free offer.

<Image>

As you probably know, there's a lot of cool stuff that comes with ESO Plus membership:

Access to all DLC Game Packs including Orsinium, the Imperial City, the Thieves Guild and the brand new Dark Brotherhood.
1500 Crowns per 30-day membership to spend in the in-game Crown Store.
Access to the exclusive Craft Bag for additional inventory space shared across all characters
A 10% bonus to character progression.
If you would take us up on this unique, one-time offer and buy one month of ESO Plus to receive one month free, simply respond to this email. We'll get back to you as soon as possible with more information. Hurry, as we are only able to offer this deal for a week.

In addition, if there is anything at all we can do to help make your overall ESO experience better, please let us know. We're here to help!

Warm Regards,
Petyr
The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team
Wake me up when Elder Scrolls Online VR headstart begins!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the address of the sender?

Are they asking you to input your Account Name and Password anywhere but the official Account Portal here?

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Egade
    Egade
    The sender is a mailer which may be legit (Sony uses sh** like this): teso_help@mailmw.custhelp.com

The link in which to enter the creds is an ow.ly address which will forward me, but I didn't click it, I'm pretty paranoid.

• Egade
    Egade
    Obsiously, the email sender may be forged, there's no way you can actually tell if an email comes from a presumed address or not.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello again,

Just wanted to let you know that we've gone ahead and answered your question on your other thread here. With that being said, we'll go ahead and close this thread to avoid duplicate threads. :)

Enjoy the day!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.