The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bosmer Racial Change Feedback//Suggestion

ParaNostram
ParaNostram
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I do enjoy the reduction to fall damage, it is cool to have for Bosmer, but how about a slight buff to jumping height? Too small of a buff to make a real difference, but enough to add a little flavor. Like, a 10% increase?
"Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
Bosmer Sorceress
Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
Order of the Black Worm
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    10% wouldn't clear a knee high stone wall
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put their max stamina back at 1/2/3% and instead change the poison resistance passive to also give a bonus to poison and/or bow damage by 2/4/6%
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pls no I wanna chanhe races and don't wanna be a human or a cat
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vythri wrote: »
    Put their max stamina back at 1/2/3% and instead change the poison resistance passive to also give a bonus to poison and/or bow damage by 2/4/6%

That would be neat, I definitely like the idea of bonus bow damage. They're supposed to be the best archers in all of Tamriel.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

Order of the Black Worm
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would be neat, I definitely like the idea of bonus bow damage. They're supposed to be the best archers in all of Tamriel.

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

Order of the Black Worm
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit - accidental double post

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

Order of the Black Worm
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit - how did I accidentally post so many times?

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

Order of the Black Worm
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit - how did I accidentally post so many times?

Forum lags!! :D
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean I have no idea of 2/4/6% would be too much or not, so the numbers could be adjusted for balance, but at least give Bow users something.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    I think the extra stamina is fine. Redguards are already pissed about getting nerfed. Just smile and accept the buff.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fall damage change just makes me think it'll be harder to learn what it's ok to rocket off in Cyrodiil, as only one character will be able to fall marginally farther.

The bow damage idea would be especially terrible in PvP. I don't think we need a return to hordes of snipers in Cyrodiil. And one of my main PvP characters is a bosmer archer NB (non-ganker who hardly ever attacks from stealth, but it's not hard to imagine how OP that would be).
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    The fall damage change just makes me think it'll be harder to learn what it's ok to rocket off in Cyrodiil, as only one character will be able to fall marginally farther.

The bow damage idea would be especially terrible in PvP. I don't think we need a return to hordes of snipers in Cyrodiil. And one of my main PvP characters is a bosmer archer NB (non-ganker who hardly ever attacks from stealth, but it's not hard to imagine how OP that would be).

I can already gank in PvP, so the bonus damage at the numbers proposed, wouldn't be too big of a deal. It would just help to make archers more viable outside of ganking. Either way, that buff to Bosmer goes hand in hand with what I'd like to do with the entire bow skill line. That goes off into another topic though.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also of the thought that Bosmer should get some sort of poison damage bonus, like their attacks have a % chance to cause 1-3% extra damage as poison or something along that lines.

It'd be something to differentiate them.

Khajiit getting 8% crit for more bursty damage, redguards regenning stam more for sustained dps, bosmer something of doing more normal damage but not critting as often as khajiit and can't sustain as long as redguard.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    I'm also of the thought that Bosmer should get some sort of poison damage bonus, like their attacks have a % chance to cause 1-3% extra damage as poison or something along that lines.

Khajiit getting 8% crit for more bursty damage, redguards regenning stam more for sustained dps, bosmer something of doing more normal damage but not critting as often as khajiit and can't sustain as long as redguard.

Bosner is now In very good position, no extra DPS required. Khajit is overrated and Critical buff passive is not very good in PVP..this cat journey is over comparing others..
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With 'poisons' added to ESO, giving Bosmer a poison damage advantage would make them terribly OP... at least they have resistance to poisons.

I think Bosmer is fine now with the added 3% Stamina... they don't need anything else. And the 10% fall damage reduction is awesome since I impatiently jump from cliffs instead of taking the long journey to climb down. ;)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they'll actually do it but would have liked to see some magicka in there instead of a bit more stamina. (preferably a regeneration. Stam/magicka regeneration to counter the dark elves base plus stats to both). Not top dmg, not top sustain, why bother locking us in stamina 2nd best by DESIGN. They DO use magicka(spinners, a plus to alteration in oblivion, and command over animals) bow dmg would be nice but how likely is that? especially since there are already people talking about snipe ganking.
    Edited by Lumenn on July 13, 2016 2:10PM
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

With 'poisons' added to ESO, giving Bosmer a poison damage advantage would make them terribly OP... at least they have resistance to poisons.

I think Bosmer is fine now with the added 3% Stamina... they don't need anything else. And the 10% fall damage reduction is awesome since I impatiently jump from cliffs instead of taking the long journey to climb down. ;)

You didn't read what I said. I wasn't saying extra damage to slotted poisons but rather extra normal damage on attacks AS poison. It wouldn't even be on every shot as it's a % chance to proc.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is funny is they did this change on the pts about a year or so ago when they messed with racials. It was increased and then decreased again before it went live. I wonder why they are trying it again? I do agree poison damage reduction needs to increase or removed in favor of another passive.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    what is funny is they did this change on the pts about a year or so ago when they messed with racials. It was increased and then decreased again before it went live. I wonder why they are trying it again? I do agree poison damage reduction needs to increase or removed in favor of another passive.

The forum experts complained that the 3% increase in stamina to Bosmers would make them too powerful so ZOS rescinded the buff.

Personally I would rather have 3% increased poison damage, but 3% more stamina gets about the same overall damage increase, so I am not going to complain.
    Playing since beta...
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imho, Bosmers must get a buff in Bow damage or range or bonus critical chance (with bow) or an intuitive unique buff to archery skills and abilities to follow in line with the Elder Scrolls Lore that there are no finer Archers than Bosmers. I am mildly disappointed that the this has not been implemented even till now.

If people are worried that such a buff can be an issue in PvP then what about Sorcs or Templars? People always find a way to best optimize their builds.

Please ZOS, make the Bosmer interesting again for us Archery lovers, at least in PvE if not PvP.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    unhander_2 wrote: »
    Imho, Bosmers must get a buff in Bow damage or range or bonus critical chance (with bow) or an intuitive unique buff to archery skills and abilities to follow in line with the Elder Scrolls Lore that there are no finer Archers than Bosmers. I am mildly disappointed that the this has not been implemented even till now.

If people are worried that such a buff can be an issue in PvP then what about Sorcs or Templars? People always find a way to best optimize their builds.

Please ZOS, make the Bosmer interesting again for us Archery lovers, at least in PvE if not PvP.

I mean, Dunmer get a major buff to fire damage and that isn't breaking the game. Just saying.

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

Order of the Black Worm
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, Dunmer get a major buff to fire damage and that isn't breaking the game. Just saying.

Don't forget that Orcs get a buff to Melee Damage.

Argonians get a buff to Healing Abilities. ( I don't know if this is from lore but its a direct skill buff all the same)

I could go on with other races having their Lore friendly passives, but why does the Bosmer not get an end game buff to Archery? Their description goes as,

"The Wood Elves, or Bosmer, are mischievous, curious and nimble. Because their homeland of Valenwood is often attacked by the Colovian Imperials, Wood Elves are experts at the art of defense. They are also gifted archers, perhaps the best in all of Tamriel. The capital of the Aldmeri Dominion, Elden Root, lies in the heart of their homeland. It has evolved into a center of political and cultural importance and is of vital strategic importance in the battle to control Tamriel. "

Make the Bosmer as the description says they are ZOS.

People talk about the imbalance that can come in PvP if Bosmers are given a buff to Archery, What I find really interesting is that Bretons get a buff to Alliance Point gains, which in my opinion is quite unbalanced, as this affects PvP Leader Boards, its almost like herding the players to use a Breton for PvP for bonus AP and no one is complaining about that?