The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ESO PTS: First Look at Housing (2.6.0 update)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Terry Pratchet once wrote in one of his Discworld books about a magician who had a tower and trough that tower he was entering a pocket plane where a garden and a house and summer was...., nice one, that would be the best home for me :)

ZOS please do that for me :)!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @Wrobel @lambert.tdb16_ESO @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a high elven house <3
    I don't need it actually. But I just want
    Edited by Dracane on July 30, 2016 8:43PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want one in Craglorn! :smiley: Preferably in or around Belkarth, though I'm not holding my breath.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    ...how about a nice cottage on a levitating rock above the city?
    :)
    altemriel wrote: »
    oh I would wanna have a house in Coldharbour a house standing on a foot of a chicken :smiley:, like a witch :smiley: .

:scream::scream::scream: A witchy looking house floating above the city!!! <3 I love it, you all have great ideas!

-Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A normal plan mudhut is what we will get at the neat price of 6000 crowns!
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really hoping there's an epic Ravenwatch style castle available in Rivenspire. And MANSIONS like those in the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs. A lot of the Wrothgar buildings are epic as well. The DLC assets NEED to be included in player housing. After all, we already know we're going to be paying prices similar to actual prime real estate for it. It needs to live up to expectations.
    Edited by MornaBaine on July 31, 2016 12:19PM

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta say Im super dissapointed by what I see. It appears as though each house will be instanced (meaning anyone can live in that ONE house). I was HOPING to see instances you enter with neighborhoods so that there would be a sense of community. I understand they cant do open world housing like swg did, and while i hated Lotros hook system, their neighborhoods allowed for you to know and meet your neighbors and gave you that community feeling.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes suggest a bunch of new future dwellings have been added. Has anyone had a chance to see them yet?

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes suggest a bunch of new future dwellings have been added. Has anyone had a chance to see them yet?

I'll be searching later in the evening while streaming
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the fact that tavern rooms are being locked for future allocation - this will suit a lot of RPers who would prefer to play merc/adventurer types who rent rooms rather than owning large houses.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @HeroOfNone ! Looking forward to it! :smiley:

• ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I checked Windhelm. Stormcrag Manor is the one behind Snow-Bourne. Just in front of the eastern gates. I used to use that house for RP xD I love that they are putting it for housing, a house inside Windhelm is... <3 Just what I expected. Also it is quite funny where the Stormcrag are now xD They are outside Windhelm, by where the stables in Skyrim where.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am really getting worried housing and everything inside the house will be crown store micro transactions:(
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say they will be , all the best items and biggest houses. They will make a lot of profits.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I am really getting worried housing and everything inside the house will be crown store micro transactions:(

ESO does not have micro transactions, so probably just normal expensive Crown Store stuff. Also, expect crates of housing stuff, if you are lucky at gamble boxes.
    Edited by Elsonso on September 3, 2016 5:54PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope you have both options. I mean, I wouldn't mind paying 1 million gold for a house, but if it is 4k crowns... eh... <.<

I would imagine that you can have the two options. Then some furniture bought with normal gold, but its ugly furniture, and then the pretty furniture bought with crowns. I just hope they don't sell a wardrobe for 1k crowns or something, it would be crazy.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how the housing will actually work?

I've not played many games with player housing, only really Ultima Online and the single-player TES games and in all of those the main appeal for me was as a place to store stuff I wanted to keep but didn't want to carry around with me. If I can't do that I'm having a hard time imagining what I would do with a house/private instance.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    I'd probably be satisfied with the little mudhut on the edge of Shormhold in Shadowfen for my personal house.
    I just hope it isn't one of those 1st come, 1st serve type deals that only a limited number of players will be able to get houses because that would be terrible.

Yeah that would be one hell of a housing crisis! haha
  • HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    Flak wrote: »
    Thanks for your effort, the castle in Glenumbra looks great. Too bad I really hate Glenumbra and it's the last zone I'd want to live in xD

Why don't you like Glenumbra?
  • HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Looks awesome, I wasn't really that interested in housing when I first heard about it, but this certainly makes me a bit excited for it. I just hope all the housing stuff will be purchasable with ingame currency and not crowns, I really want there to be a goldsink other than gear.

If it's not all crowns than the best houses etc will be cuz that's how they profit with crowns. People have to remember in the end they a business and need to profit now how much crowns is the question.

I think they would most likely add both as options. What I think would be really awesome is if they allowed you to craft furniture yourself. For example you could use the woodworking skill to create furniture. The clothier skill to create upholstery/soft furnishings and the blacksmith skill for other furniture. You could also just buy furniture that other players have created or buy standard stuff from an NPC.
  • HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    AGrz5585 wrote: »
    Just last night I noticed a new house just outside of cropsford.

I'm totally living in cyrodiil when housing comes out. Gank from my front porch!

Haha yeah that's one way to deal with trespassers =p
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was sad that the Dark Brotherhood didn't get a new sanctuary for you to more or less make your own like in Skyrim.

Any house locations found in Gold Coast?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome, I wasn't really that interested in housing when I first heard about it, but this certainly makes me a bit excited for it. I just hope all the housing stuff will be purchasable with ingame currency and not crowns, I really want there to be a goldsink other than gear.

If it's not all crowns than the best houses etc will be cuz that's how they profit with crowns. People have to remember in the end they a business and need to profit now how much crowns is the question.

I think they would most likely add both as options. What I think would be really awesome is if they allowed you to craft furniture yourself. For example you could use the woodworking skill to create furniture. The clothier skill to create upholstery/soft furnishings and the blacksmith skill for other furniture. You could also just buy furniture that other players have created or buy standard stuff from an NPC.

I like the idea very much, especially with all the new armor sets (plus jewelry) making crafting much less essential. Unfortunately, they've already data-mined a bed cover, dresser, and trunk as future items in the crown store.

Nobody knows yet what housing will consist of, but we can guess that it's going to be crown-based, and it will involve micro-transactions, much like the barber system (which could have been in-game and bought with gold but ended up in the crown shop).
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    I was sad that the Dark Brotherhood didn't get a new sanctuary for you to more or less make your own like in Skyrim.

Any house locations found in Gold Coast?

don t think they have house on dlc zone
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a furnishings set of items in the stuff we can steal; I hope (probably in vain) that we can use some of those in our houses.

• HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

I like the idea very much, especially with all the new armor sets (plus jewelry) making crafting much less essential. Unfortunately, they've already data-mined a bed cover, dresser, and trunk as future items in the crown store.

Nobody knows yet what housing will consist of, but we can guess that it's going to be crown-based, and it will involve micro-transactions, much like the barber system (which could have been in-game and bought with gold but ended up in the crown shop).

Well that's a pity, it could've had so much potential.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re: cat-jumping, that was DaryaK. :)

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know last time we had to find them all ourselves, and succeeded, so when you were looking for these, did you find any extra ones they didn't call out in the patch notes?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I know last time we had to find them all ourselves, and succeeded, so when you were looking for these, did you find any extra ones they didn't call out in the patch notes?

Nothing on my end, but I didn't do a deep deep search on them. I wandered around a few areas looking off stream, but most of the places I'd guess they'd add some are still untouched.