The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Assassination punishment? Getting locked in a wardrobe.

TheOubliette
TheOubliette
✭✭✭
So, there's an issue that comes up every now and then, but, SOMETIMES... I'll stab someone in the back while they're near a wardrobe, and in the process of animating to kill the being, with Blade of Woe, I end up stuck in the closet nearby. How this happens, I have no idea but, there's NO way to get out except to use "Stuck" and pay a fee to travel to the nearest Wayshrine.

What if I don't have any gold in order to travel to a wayshrine? I just sit in the wardrobe forever?

Perhaps it's rare enough that it didn't happen often in test but, at this moment, I'm standing in a wardrobe, me, an ultimately powerful undead deadra menace, the tale told to children to make them go to sleep, killer of men and seducer of ladies... and I'm trapped in a WARDROBE. How the mighty have fallen.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where else would a monster be but in a wardrobe? Under the bed? Poor 'ittle monster, did 'ou get rescued from the big, bad box? One should always have some walking around in money in their pocket.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. When you do eventually get unstuck out of the closet, don't be afraid. B)
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just come out of the closet already
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can port to a guildie for free. Not that it solves the root problem, but it's a band-aid.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. join cyrodiil campaign.
    2. que for dungeon.
    3. travel to friend
    4. travel to guildmate
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been stuck in boxes and walls as well thanks to this bug as well. Kind of fun, kind of annoying.

One thing you can do to get out free is right click on a name in your friends list or guild list and travel to them. It is a cheap easy way to travel even when not stuck! I basically never pay to travel. Just travel to someone then use the wayshrine you arrive at to travel to where you actually want to go.

Of course if you have hour long load screens this might not be the best idea.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just come out of the closet already

I'M NEVER COMING OUT!!!
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha, glad I'm not the only one this happens to
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened to me too. While doing the quest line, in one of these "oh my gosh how these guys like to talk" moments, I walked around killing everyone else in the building and one girl was too close to a bookshelf for what matter and I've got stuck behind it
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • TheOubliette
    TheOubliette
    ✭✭✭
    You can port to a guildie for free. Not that it solves the root problem, but it's a band-aid.

Rhapsodious:
    Thanks, but I have to point out, you may not be aware of this, but, this has changed and unless you have empty pockets, you get charges the normal porting fee. Especially after having recently ported. It's kinda expensive to reach your pals at that point.

All:
    My post was partly meant to inspire mirth, so huzzah, SUCCESS!

But in truth, it was about this: "getting stuck behind and in furniture, when killing suckas, and how can ZOS help us FIX this. (I love you Zos.. you complete me.)'"
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Sounds funny, pay for your crimes in Davy Jones Molag Bal's Locker :lol:
  • TheOubliette
    TheOubliette
    ✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »
    Actually Sounds funny, pay for your crimes in Davy Jones Molag Bal's Locker :lol:

I'm likely laughing on the inside. *stony face*
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has only one question.

Was there anything worthy of keeping in the wardrobe yes? Khajiit she has found many interesting objects in wardrobes in the past.

This one is often surprised at the unusual places the hairless ones choose to keep false teeth and fishing equipment.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/