The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crown Store Purchases Not Account Wide

Damianos
Damianos
✭✭✭✭
So, I purchased the Assistants, mounts, costumes and bank extenders. I play on both the NA and EU servers, and when I go to access these 'account wide purchases that are for use by ALL characters on my account' I have found them to not be available on both servers.

Why?

I can understand things that are character specific, but account wide use.. is not available to my entire account as advertised.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, I was already aware things were server specific, so I guess I never noticed it actually said "account wide" anywheres.

I think it's unlikely anyone from Zos will explain the reason (it's been asked about a lot) although a tidbit about it (not why though) is in the support section. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31139

If you really do feel that it isn't as advertised you can contact support and ask for a refund. Normally they don't give refunds but it's been seen before that if you honestly felt misdirected in the purchase - they have given them. (they might not, seems to be case-by-case basis)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hm, I was already aware things were server specific, so I guess I never noticed it actually said "account wide" anywheres.

I think it's unlikely anyone from Zos will explain the reason (it's been asked about a lot) although a tidbit about it (not why though) is in the support section. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31139

If you really do feel that it isn't as advertised you can contact support and ask for a refund. Normally they don't give refunds but it's been seen before that if you honestly felt misdirected in the purchase - they have given them. (they might not, seems to be case-by-case basis)

That is for DLC only.

The purchases I am referring to are mounts, assistants, costumes, pets, bank upgrades. Which states you can access them from ALL of your characters ACCOUNT WIDE, and the email I recievd from ZOS's automated system even states:
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online team. I understand you have some questions regarding your mount. Below are some basic information to get you on your horse and galloping around Tamriel right away.
    • To mount a horse (or panther, or guar, etc.), you must first have one set as your "active mount". This is done from the Collections tab on the player's menu. You can return to this menu at any time to change which mount is active on your character. You will need to set your active mount on each individual character.

• Mounts are account wide, meaning each mount you purchase is available for all of your characters to use!

Although it only addresses mounts and nothing else, I'm guessing that it just took a keyword and auto replied. Oddly enough my palamino and my pony guar are accessible on both NA and EU but nothing else I've gotten from the Crown Store.
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also states in the Zenimax Media Terms of Service Section 5. Paid Services Part B. Digital and In-Game Merchandise and Merchandise Purchases that digital goods will be applied to my account upon purchase.

It doesn't say anything anywhere about it only being server wide, but to my account as a whole. This is not the case.

Should I be contacting my lawyer about this?
    Edited by Damianos on June 28, 2016 12:19AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to do something about the same and got no answer.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »
    So, I purchased the Assistants, mounts, costumes and bank extenders. I play on both the NA and EU servers, and when I go to access these 'account wide purchases that are for use by ALL characters on my account' I have found them to not be available on both servers.

Why?

I can understand things that are character specific, but account wide use.. is not available to my entire account as advertised.

I didn't know you could have one account connected to both servers.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    PC/Mac and console players can play on either the North America or European megaservers, and crowns carry over from one server to the other. However, all items purchased via the Crown Store are only available on the server where they were purchased. For example, if you buy a pet on the North American megaserver, it will only be available when playing on the North American megaserver. If you want the pet to be available when playing on the European megaserver, you will need to purchase that pet on the European server.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    PC/Mac and console players can play on either the North America or European megaservers, and crowns carry over from one server to the other. However, all items purchased via the Crown Store are only available on the server where they were purchased. For example, if you buy a pet on the North American megaserver, it will only be available when playing on the North American megaserver. If you want the pet to be available when playing on the European megaserver, you will need to purchase that pet on the European server.

Can you please point to me where in the ToS or other legal document that states that. Because even the response I received from Customer Service on my ticket says it should be available on my account as a whole.

It also would be wise to make that known prior to purchase.

Had I been aware that I could not access these items on ALL characters on my account (meaning both NA and EU which I play both regularly) I would not have spent over 80,000 crowns.

I purchased the Palamino on one server, but it is available on both. Same with the Pony Guar. So, what you are saying makes no sense to me. Some things are available on both servers, but not all things? DLC and character specific items I can understand, but things that are supposed to be 'available to all characters on your account' are not? You guys need to adjust your wording, because that's false advertising.

This makes me trust you people even less. Time to cancel all 6 account subscriptions. Thanks for cheating me out of money and trying to get me to double pay for something that even your auto response says is available to all characters on my account.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I recently discovered this to be only megaserver-wide as opposed to account-wide when I recently downloaded the EU server. I too was surprised my purchased items were not actually "account-wide". Prob should add some disclaimer somewhere obvious or just make them account-wide.
    Edited by SilentFox22 on June 28, 2016 10:36PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please bring this to dev attention. This is completely unfair.
  • Lagencie
    Lagencie
    Bump - This is definitely false advertising, if on purpose or by mistake, either a refund should be done or unlock of the items on all characters