The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVE Class Templar or Sorc?

XDragonoid
XDragonoid
Soul Shriven
Hi!
I wanna make new character to PVE, mainly Maelstrom Arena. But i wanna go with friends on some dungs as DD. My question is which class is better? Magicka Templar or Magicka Sorc? And why?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming magicka...

Templar is more forgiving and flexible overall at the moment. You can jab spam your way through a lot (but not VMA.). But sorcs shoot lightning out of their hands and streak around, which is lots of fun.

Your better bet would be to tell us what kind of playstyle appeals to you, and which class would match it,
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Templar that I love. It's a nice class all around. It's pretty good as a tank and the best healer class in game. I haven't played Sorc yet though so I can't say much about it. You'd probably be good either way though.
    PC: @Cyffr
  • rrico_76
    rrico_76
    The way i see both class is mag sorc - good DD with tank elements (shields), mag temp - DD with support role (heal). Depends on what role is more needed for ypur group, what the others play like and how to fit in. Both classes are worth to try.