Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for New Monster Masks & Item Sets (Dungeons)

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    The_Saint wrote: »
    4g3sk0u.png

Is that really the right 5pc bonus? :scream:

buff pls xD
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina and Health both have 1 piece recovery enchantment, why not magicka?

Now we are getting pure stamina based monster set, where is pure magicka based one like this?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Amberplasm set.
    I'm sorry, but this is just lol. I had to read it twice to make sure it has STAMINA recovery. Could you just swap it with magicka recovery or spell damage, or something?

NO !!! All magicka builds need stam recovery ! This is the whole point of the set ! This is perfect for solo PvP... Please leave this one alone... Please...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some suggestions:

Dragonguard: Change 3-pc bonus to magicka

Syrabane's Grip: Halve the 5-pc magicka gain bonus, make it both magicka AND stamina (e.g. +400/ea when blocking a spell). There already is an internal cooldown so it should be OK.

Ice Furnace: 3-pc bonus should be recovery. Reverse the functionality of the 5-pc bonus: 50% chance on FIRE damage to cause FROST damage. Frost dmg is only accessible via weapon enchants or destro staff. Then simply add a 1s cooldown.

Storm Knight: 5-pc bonus seems an order of magnitude too small.

Widowmaker: clarify 5-pc functionality. Also, 4-pc bonus 1225 stam seems WRONG.

Warlock: probably needs to be buffed now considering Amberplasm and Mazzatun. I suggest restoring its original funcitonality: once per minute when under 33% mana, restore 33% mana. That way its competitive with Lich (20s of 1k regen is 10k mana w/o modifiers) and these new sets. Another options would be to replace either the 2 or 4-pc bonus with spell damage.

Destruction Mastery: will never be used in its current state compared to Necropotence. Suggest changing 5-pc bonus to something that effects destro staff skills. Examples: +bonus damage on destro skills, reduced cost, improved penetration, etc.

Sun Set: this is tricky. If the +400 dmg is added to base spell damage calcs of fire skills then its fine. If its NOT, and the bonus is added AFTER then the set is completely non-competitive.

EDIT: Twin Sisters w/ Jewelry. O.O
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Amberplasm set.
    I'm sorry, but this is just lol. I had to read it twice to make sure it has STAMINA recovery. Could you just swap it with magicka recovery or spell damage, or something?

NO !!! All magicka builds need stam recovery ! This is the whole point of the set ! This is perfect for solo PvP... Please leave this one alone... Please...

Yeah but it doesn't drop in impen. So have fun running your 5pc prosperous amberplasm...
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we are getting pure stamina based monster set, where is pure magicka based one like this?

to be fair, mag nb gets narien'eth and sorc gets elegant/2pc kena. >.> aside from a 1pcc wd, I'm not suppi=ortive that this set will perform. been anxiously waiting feedback.
  • Noobslayer3255
    Noobslayer3255
    ✭✭✭

? seriously? nereinth....skoria...
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    The Monster helm from cradle of shadows dropped in a level 10 dungeon, is this normal?
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭

I think his point is the 1 piece bonus. There's not 1 piece bonus for either max magicka or magicka recovery at the moment.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XaXa wrote: »
    Theres a stam DPS monster set. but no Magicka DPS. I is sad =[

Skoria and Nerieneth are magicka dps monster sets.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    besides, 120wd is about the same as you guys getting like 1k max magica. it's not game breaking. the same holds true for stamina. You want game breaking look at racial passives. the difference in just khjiit and bosmer on my build would be about 380wd, then there's crit..

besides, sorcs got elegant set last update.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on July 2, 2016 1:18AM
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Hide of the Werewolf set. This set needs a buff, here is why: Basically it gives you 1ultimate/second. However, there is another set called Tavas Favour which gives you 3 Ultimate per second so there is literally no reason to use this set.

Suggestion:
    Increase the Ultigain to 15 Ultimate when hit with the cooldown of 5seconds.

I would agree if not for the fact that you can have both sets up at once.
    Edited by Neowit on July 2, 2016 5:43AM
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    XaXa wrote: »
    Theres a stam DPS monster set. but no Magicka DPS. I is sad =[

Skoria and Nerieneth are magicka dps monster sets.

Yeah but i want new toys :( oh well. Ill live :)
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am disappointed in both monster sets.
    Mighty Chudan second buff has the same effect that is easily available for all four classes. It is essentially a tank set and whatever your class is as a tank you will almost always run your class buff to increase your resistances. I would suggest Might Chudan to have the second set piece changed to something like "While you have Major Ward and Major Resolve active, increase your Physical and Spell Resistances by a further 2640".
    Velidreth first buff is only Weapon Damage which allows a wearer to have one piece of Velidreth combined with one piece of Molag Kena to stack Weapon Damage easily. This should not be limited to stamina DDs; magicka users should also be able to benefit from this combination. Please, add Spell Damage to one part of Velidreth also!
  • Dreddlock-
    Dreddlock-
    ✭✭
    The Velidreth's set may be ugly as hell, but I'm loving the set bonuses.

ZOS should consider tweaking the set so its damage is an AOE poison cloud that procs around the caster thus changing the set into a RNG stamina based proximity det:)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUG: The damage from the Velindreth proc shows up in combat logs and combat addons as "Mighty Chudan". I think someone got the text reversed with the other monster set.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% chance for Velindreth to proc? Little much there ZOS? I mean it's not like Stam user don't have "umpf" as it is. Skoria is 8%. Nereinth is 10% I believe. Why is this 20%? Don't get me wrong. My Stam characters will roll with it but from a balancing perspective it seems a bit much on the proc.

Also the damage is much more compared to magic sets.

It does have a longer cooldown than Skoria, though. So while it is easier to proc than Skoria, you'll see more Skoria procs than Velindreth procs in target-rich fights.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Moriarti
    Moriarti
    ✭✭✭
    I'm little disappointed in new tank/heavy armor stuff (Hand of Mephala, Haj Mota, Aspect of Mazzatun) for now but i think that Haj Mota monster set can by "saved" by some additional second piece effect and Aspect of Mazzatun by tweaking the numbers.

Because of "tribal look" i care mostly about Aspect Of Mazzatun. 2-3-4 piece seems quite ok for tank (both magicka and stamina tank) but last piece feels underwhelming because of triggering point and long cooldown.

I'm not the best and the most experienced tank (or heavy armor pvp player) but i think that it would be safer and more practical (more often) if last effect trigger before 30% health. Maybe when health drops below 35%? 40%? I'd like to see this set more as some health and resource sustain support (at safe level) than "emergency rescue set" so earlier trigger point seems more appropriate to me. Also cooldown feels little too long. Cooldown is ofc neccesary but with such triggering and 45 s cooldown it will be inactive most of the time. 5 s less maybe?

I could be wrong but think about it Zenimax. It could be really nice set for casual 4 man dungeon tanking and heavy armor pvp (with impen ofc).
  • bigereard
    bigereard
    ✭✭
    Hi, just want to drop opinions:

I think if we want to make Haj Mota to be a defensive set, It will be good to make it anti-finisher set.
    There's so many finisher in this game and we don't have any mechanism to counter it, except undeath.

It could be a flat damage reduction like gives major protection under 25% health at cost of reduced damage,
    or gradual damage reduction like undeath.

We can also make it 1% damage reduction for every 1500 missing health to give more incentive for health build

or any other good concept to counter finisher.
    Edited by bigereard on July 4, 2016 10:54PM
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make one of the monster set for magicka pls.... with magicka recovery or something ...i dont understand stamina players pays u or something?
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUFF to DSA MASTER WEAPONS........
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but those are magicka Dps sets. I think healers would be interested in a recovery shoulder. Maybe tanks too.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can proc Velidreth with Equilibirum. Whatever the point in that may be. :P
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Tested some sets after patch 2.5.1.

Red Mountain - This is a good example of what other flat damage sets should be raised to. The damage is good and the proc rate it easy to keep up with. I do wonder if it will push the viper sting set out however. With perfect RNG the set is 2 procs ahead of the viper set. Average RNG is still putting the set 1 proc chance above Viper. Even stamina DPS that used viper would probably be better off using red mountain as long as they are averaging 4+ hits a second. CP can't even close the gap an extra 8-16k damage provides.

Hands of Mephala - A bad set in my opinion. The set pieces offer nothing new and the capstone is bad. The snare is very short range. The snare is stationary. The snare damage is low. The snare provides a debuff that can be applied far more consistently through poison or bow. I would change the 5 piece in several ways:
    • Have the webs tether enemies in a large radius.
    • Enemies would have to run from the webs to break them.
    • The damage would be based on max health ( 10%? 15%?).
    • The armor debuff would unique like Night Mother's Gaze.

Widowmaker - This set does not proc twice if you use the same poison on both weapons. If you use different poisons on each weapon you can make the set proc twice during the 10 second down time. I'm not sure how i feel about this set. It encourages more weapon swapping than what may be feasible. Usually one bar is set to defense and one to offense, or one is set to single target and one to aoe. This set looks to waste time on a defensive bar or encourages the use of a less viable set of skills to proc the poison. I don't know if this poison interaction is really worth it.

If the set lowered the poison CD, or gave a window where poisons switched off and enchantments switched on I think it would be a lot more useful.

Storm Knight - This set appears to have a 100% or near 100% proc rate at the moment. When testing on flame and storm atronachs each elemental attack they did procced the storm knight passive each time. While this may be considered a bug I have to ask is this really a bad thing? This set requires a pretty big commitment. Why can't it proc the storm knight passive each time you are hit with spell damage? The lightning aura isn't game changing, but it is noticeable.

Velidreth's Mask - Interesting 2 piece. I am glad that this damage does not shotgun 1 target. It appears to hit multiple targets but each target can only take 1 instance of damage. This set seems very well designed.

Haj Mota - Simple and useful. Major Ward / Resolve are pretty nasty buffs to compete with. I worry that this set may not see much action simply because Major Ward/ Resolve abilities offer so much utility combined with the buffs. Maybe this set should modify Major Ward / Resolve abilities instead of trying to outright replace it.

Mazzatun - This set appears to echo whats wrong with a lot of low health sets in the game at the moment. The cooldowns are usually to long, the effects are usually underwhelming, and the health threshold is usually dangerously low. That is exactly how I feel about this set. Why not make this set like a new version of 0grim scales? Have it increase all resource regen by x% while at or below 50% health.
    Edited by exiledtyrant on July 5, 2016 9:59PM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested some sets after patch 2.5.1.

Red Mountain - This is a good example of what other flat damage sets should be raised to. The damage is good and the proc rate it easy to keep up with. I do wonder if it will push the viper sting set out however. With perfect RNG the set is 2 procs ahead of the viper set. Average RNG is still putting the set 1 proc chance above Viper. Even stamina DPS that used viper would probably be better off using red mountain as long as they are averaging 4+ hits a second. CP can't even close the gap an extra 8-16k damage provides.

The difference between Viper and Red Mountain is Viper procs off all melee attacks, while Red Mountain only procs off of weapon attacks. Haven't tested this set in ages, but if it works the same it means that you need to proc it with light/heavy attack, or any weapon skill. Class skills like Surprise Attack or Biting Jabs would not proc it.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Hand of Mephala proc looks and sounds exactly the same as the Trapping Webs skill, please change it.. it's ugly and confusing...

Normal webs without the Hoarvors, a green tether? The explosion after is fine, maybe a green pulse instead that's more noticeable.

The 5 second delay on applying Minor Fracture is too long, especially with a 10% proc chance. Things are either dead, close to dying or have moved by then.

Widowmaker

The 10 Second Cooldown on Poisons really hurt the Widowmaker set, what this set really is:

"20% chance on light and heavy attack to deal 7.7k damage (10 second cooldown)"

The viper set? Higher single target damage, 100% proc on melee attack, 4 second cooldown.

Increasing the damage of Widowmaker would give the set too high of an initial burst, so adding an affect to poisons would be an alternative to buffing it. Reducing the cooldown or increasing the potency of poisons, maybe an extra debuff that isn't attainable from poisons themselves. If not, add an AoE DoT to the Widowmaker proc.

Edited by Praeficere on July 6, 2016 1:11AM
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Did some more testing on the Storm Knight set. Changes to the set include:

Storm Knight’s Plate: Increased the proc chance on this item set to 10%, up from 5%, and significantly increased the proc’s Shock Damage. Also, updated this item set’s 3- and 4-piece bonuses to provide Spell Resistance and Max Health, respectively, rather than providing Spell Damage for both.
    ************************************************************************************************************

At first I thought this set only warranted a simple bug report, but I think it deserves some discussion considering where it stands in the game and what it potentially offers. First I'll start with the bugs.
    • The Storm knight set does not proc at 5% on live or 10% on the PTS. The set procs 100% of the time ( from 4 hours or so of testing getting hit with elemental/spell damage)
    • Physical damage projectiles reflected off of dragon knights appear to count as a physical spell. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but the few times I did see my hidden blades reflected back at me on Live I got the storm knight proc.
    • Thaumaturge CP does not seem to boost the damage of the Storm Knight set
    • The Storm knights set damage on PTS has not been drastically buffed over the current live values. Both the CP 120 purple set on Live and the CP 160 set on PTS have around the same values. That being said the damage scales very hard on spell damage. The ratio looks to be around 3.5 damage per 1 spell damage which is very high.

With the bugs out of the way I still think the 100% activation on spell damage should stay. After testing the set on live and on PTS I can say the lightning aura is impactful, but not game breaking. The damage feels good, the threat it brings is nice, and it is aesthetically pleasing to look at. Sticking this cool set bonus behind a 10% chance would cripple it. If it were to be nerfed I would rather have the set be unable to crit and the damage scale on health or spell resistance.

There are a lot of interesting defensive sets that suffer from low proc chance to do something cool. I would hope going forward that these sets, much like the Storm Knight set now, will be able to execute their 5 piece bonus more consistently.

I made a small video below showing the set in action vs Atronachs since they offer consistent spell damage attacks. You'll Notice almost 100% up time even when there is only one Atronach hitting me. The first fight is one live and the second fight is on PTS.

https://youtu.be/HiyTrs7r548
    Edited by exiledtyrant on July 13, 2016 10:21AM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why Velidreth offers 1 piece stamina damage only?

Why not magic damage? Or where is Magicka only damage 1 piece and where is 1 piece magicka recovery ?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why not magic damage? Or where is Magicka only damage 1 piece and where is 1 piece magicka recovery ?

No awnser?? Seems like developers are biased towards stamina..
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No awnser?? Seems like developers are biased towards stamina..

Why are there so many Magicka skill lines? Why can magicka builds tank, heal and DPS on one character while Stam builds can only DPS and at times off tank to a much lesser extent?

The reason is that Magicka and Stamina both have their places and just because one of them gets something, it does not mean the other should get it too.