The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flawless Maelstrom Run with no achievement and title given

MattCWx
MattCWx
Soul Shriven
youtube.com/watch?v=0urTircI63U

There's proof on my nightblade, this is the second time it has happened on this character and I have not gotten it. At this point I don't think it will ever give me it because it's bugged. Please award this character the achievement, this is pretty frustrating.

North America/Xbox
Gamer tag: MattCWx
Character: Tater My Tots
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Did you leave the instance at any time during this run (via wayshrine for instance)? In the past, when we have seen this, its been the case of someone leaving the instance at some point and coming back. We will be updating the achievement to reflect the fact that you can not leave the instance at any time in order to get the achievement.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Did you leave the instance at any time during this run (via wayshrine for instance)? In the past, when we have seen this, its been the case of someone leaving the instance at some point and coming back. We will be updating the achievement to reflect the fact that you can not leave the instance at any time in order to get the achievement.

So wouldn't that be a bug? He had max vitality. This would mean he did not use the save feature to complete the run, and he completed it in good time so he did not leave for long.
    - Mojican
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the score and time displayed on screen there was no vitality Bonus.

You get in leaderboard or weekly list with that points? When your not and there are other Player with less points, he had leave and use save function...

Flawless archievement must be one full run, with no brake (save stage and return)
    Edited by The_Saint on June 24, 2016 3:39PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • MattCWx
    MattCWx
    Soul Shriven
    I did not leave the instance, but I did crash as usual between the 6th and 7th round. The crash didn't result in a death, just had to relog. This crash happens to me 100% of the times I've run maelstrom.
  • MattCWx
    MattCWx
    Soul Shriven
    I am on the weekly leaderboards for this. There's no way i would have even got a score or time at the end if I had not done a full run from start to finish.
  • MattCWx
    MattCWx
    Soul Shriven
    So am I just not getting any help on this? Where's the customer support?
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to someone else I know. It is almost impossible to make it through maelstrom without having it crash, but somehow it is your fault for "leaving"? WTF ZOS? The game should not take the title from the player because of a game server disconnect. This is all on your engineers, but you pass the buck as usual to keep from doing anything about it. SMH.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattCWx wrote: »
    So am I just not getting any help on this? Where's the customer support?

Keep fighting the good fight, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. You'll probably get an email from Chet telling you to leave them alone, they don't have the time to deal with your issue.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn

The same thing happened to me, though me "leaving" was not by choice. I was disconnected between round 6 and round 7 and I logged back in immediately. I sent in a ticket on 6/20 and customer service has not even responded. Here is my proof

http://xboxclips.com/Butters2525/5e19d7ec-7126-4b80-840f-cb9d249044b9
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattCWx wrote: »
    I did not leave the instance, but I did crash as usual between the 6th and 7th round. The crash didn't result in a death, just had to relog. This crash happens to me 100% of the times I've run maelstrom.

Just a heads up, crashing will result in you not getting your flawless title. Many have fought for it, but support always tells them they will NOT give them the title and to just do it again and hope you don't crash.
  • MattCWx
    MattCWx
    Soul Shriven
    Great. Well I won't be getting it then, I always crash after i finish round 6. Nonstop lag and crashing in cities is already pushing me away from this game, and this isn't helping. Probably time to pick something else up.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn has there been any thought given to addressing this issue? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom has publicly addressed stability issues with the game and how they are weeks away. VMA is so bad that I know exactly when my game will crash while running it. It crashes in the same places every single time. So will I just never be able to receive the Flawless Title? What about @MattCWx? The flaw is on your end not his, so why should he be deprived of something he earned? Just doesn't make sense.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel

• MattCWx
    MattCWx
    Soul Shriven
    Don't worry everyone, my friend just gave me a tip to avoiding the games bug between round 6 & 7. Just dodge roll the bugs attack and you won't crash.
  • scrobey
    scrobey
    ✭✭✭
    I normally crash during the 5th round, so I'll never get a flawless. I've pretty much given up trying for it.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »

I can confirm this does indeed occur. Some time ago (and I submitted a bug report on this, and received a "non-response" from the support team), I had gotten to the final boss without dying and was at the "upstairs" portion of the fight. While I was upstairs, I had a load screen occur, which lasted about 15 seconds, after which I was put back at the login screen. I didn't crash or anything, it just put me at the login screen.

After logging back in, I was at the wayshrine and when I re-entered the arena, I was put back at the BEGINNING of map 9 (not at the final boss) and, upon completion, I neither received a score or the no-death achievement. Simply put, it treated the loadscreen/kick-to-login as "leaving" the arena, even though all this occurred in a span of under 30 seconds. Ticket reference 160501-001964.

I was able to get my no-death, eventually.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I challenge someone at ZOS to run VMSA on Xbox one in it's current state and live stream it.

• ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    I challenge someone at ZOS to run VMSA on Xbox one in it's current state and live stream it.
    lol!!!!!

• MattCWx
    MattCWx
    Soul Shriven
    Another flawless run today with no crash for once, and I still didn't get the achievement. Yep, I give up.