Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Poison Knight" StamDK Build (Horns of the Reach DLC Ready)

hedna123b14_ESO
hedna123b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
EDITS:

08/16/17 - Updated for Horns of the Reach DLC

Race:

Redguard

Attributes:

All in Stamina

Food:

Health and Stamina

Mundus:

Warrior

Champion Point Distribution:

Blue tree:

Master at Arms 9, Mighty 49; Precise Strikes 51; Thaumaturge 56, Piercing 55

Red tree:

Quick Recovery 19, Elemental Defender 49, Hardy 49, Thick Skinned 37, Iron Clad 44, Spell Shield 22

Green tree:

Warlord 51, Sprinter 16, Mooncalf 56, Tenacity 49, Tumbling 28, Shadow Ward 20

Gear choice (Solo Stam DPS in Raid):

7/7 Medium Divines

5 Twice Fanged Serpent

2 Velidreth

5 Night Mother’s Gaze

Use the following weapon traits:

1 Infused Dagger (Poison enchant) – in Main Hand

1 Precise Dagger (Weapon damage enchant) – in Off-Hand

1 Nirn vMA Bow

All Armor with Stamina Enchants. All Jewelry Robust with Weapon damage enchants.

Bar Setup

http://imgur.com/a/TZO0O

Rotation:

Pre Rotation: Rearming Trap>Bar Swap

Step 1: Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>LA>Noxious Breath>LA>Standard of Might>Bar Swap (animation cancel)

Step 2: LA>Rending Slashes>LA>Venomous Claw>LA>Deadly Cloak>HA>Rearming Trap>HA>Flames of Oblivion>Bar Swap

Rotation Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efhz3WxSZNI&feature=youtu.be

Questions:

1. Why Velidreth?

Kragh offers the highest damage gain in groups where full target penetration is not achieved, because the 1 piece on it is the strongest one-piece for a stam user to have and offers a 2.97% DPS increase on a non fully penetrated target. Velidreth however works best if full penetration is achieved. In addition its proc hits certain enemies (Manticora is an example) multiple times. My raid group will be running an optimized buff system so I am running Velidreth…if there are no penetration cap then Kragh is bets in slot for most fights.

2. Why not Mephala?

Mephala got buffed this patch, but the damage is still less than Velidreth in a raid setting because of movement. Also the ST damage is higher on Velidreth and especially higher on fights where it can proc multiple times.

3. Why TFS and NMG?

Penetration is the best damage buffing stat to use when building a character. In a non optimized raid those two sets will perform best. Should your group already run NMG your options open up quite a bit, but are all reliant on what gear is available to you. Vicious Ophidian, Hundings Rage and Sunderflame are all viable options, the trick is to be aware of how to optimize and not go over the penetration cap. Below is a list of all the possible debuffs a group can have up, keep in mind that during a trial you most likely will not have a 100% uptime on every single of these, so try to pen cap yourself with that expectation.

Nightmother’s Gaze – 2580

Alkosh – 3010

Sunderflame – 3440

Major Fracture – 5280

Minor Fracture – 1320

Crusher Enchant – 1622

Infused Crusher Enchant – 2108

4. Why Warrior Mundus?

Warrior seems to be coming out on top for most stam builds in this DLC. By slotting Dawnbreaker on the front bar we are getting around 537 weapon damage from that Mundus, which is quite a large chunk of our dps. Our crit is too high to take advantage of the Thief stone and too low to make Shadow Mundus be better than Warrior. Lover is a choice to run, but the DPS gain from warrior is almost exactly the same and if you have buff sets in a raid Lover quickly loses its power.

5. Why double dagger?

Proc rate for the Axe passive is too low to warrant using it, and daggers scale better with raid buffs.

6. Why Nirn Bow?

Since we are shooting for a pen capped scenario we have infused/nirn and precise to choose from. Precise is nice but Nirn is a lot better. Nirn not only increases the base of your Hail damage, it also buffs your weapon by 200 weapon damage which is huge for all your skills. Running Nirn allows your hail to start ticking and go through the lower part of its damage buffed, once you bar swap, the Infused trait off the main hand takes over and gives your Hail a higher ceiling to reach.

7. Why no Molten Armaments?

Besides the fact that I use the flex spot for Vigor I do not find a significant DPS increase with Molten with this rotation, since it only has 2 Heavy Attacks in rotation.

8. Parses:
http://imgur.com/a/p5kU0

http://imgur.com/a/2mMQy

http://imgur.com/a/ldBCL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivREiVKpRwU&feature=youtu.be
Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on August 31, 2017 6:31AM
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    awesome guide. it. hits. hard.
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elium85 wrote: »

Wow, that looks almost identical in terms of gear choice. When did you post it? I havent seen it on official forums. I literally spent last 2 weeks theory crafting this, but I guess two minds think alike. I do think that my rotation is superior, because I tested a similar one to the one you suggest.

Also I noticed this on your page as well:
    http://pixelpuf.com/collection/163/post/2083

similar to:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/258299/noss-unoriginal-guide-to-magblade-dps-4-man-trials-tg-ready#latest
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elium85

Read the build thoroughly, I think outside of us arriving at the same BiS gear choice, the rest of our builds is completely different.
    1. My rotation is completely different. This is important since every rotation before this one netted me at least 3k dps less than my current one. Yours involves multiple bar swaps, which under utilize the full damage potential of the build.
    2. I don't recommend vamp
    3. I don't use caltrops, I use Acid Spray. I also include a specific rotation for AoE that utilizes HawkEye and toxic defiance synergy with acid spray.
    4. You state that using noxious breath in your rotation would be a dps gain on single target fights, I did not find this to be true.
    5. Your CP distribution is differrent.

So I would say that our builds only share the gear choice as a common denominator.
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO

I posted the StamDK build last Thursday - I don't really share stuff on here, just pixelpuf.com and the ESO subreddit.

I agree our rotations are slightly different. I'm still playing with it a little so I may try out yours! I'm on console so I've got exactly zero ways to practically test DPS output among different rotations (sure some say Bloodspawn but that's like trying to measure the depth of a lake with a ball of string).

Oh, I don't remember saying Noxious Breath was a DPS gain? Where was that in there? I did say I would prefer to run that instead of Evil Hunter on the front bar for the AoE but cannot because of the Savagery bug.

Yeah, our CP is slightly different; it's off by 2% here and there.
    Edited by elium85 on June 23, 2016 7:44AM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO

I posted the StamDK build last Thursday - I don't really share stuff on here, just pixelpuf.com and the ESO subreddit.

I agree our rotations are slightly different. I'm still playing with it a little so I may try out yours! I'm on console so I've got exactly zero ways to practically test DPS output among different rotations (sure some say Bloodspawn but that's like trying to measure the depth of a lake with a ball of string).

Oh, I don't remember saying Noxious Breath was a DPS gain? Where was that in there? I did say I would prefer to run that instead of Evil Hunter on the front bar for the AoE but cannot because of the Savagery bug.

Yeah, our CP is slightly different; it's off by 2% here and there.

If you posted Thursday then you posted before me, I posted mine Monday night. I don't know if you tornado in your build, but try acid spray it synergizes with toxic in the best possible way.
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO

Thanks for the pointer; I'll check it out! Makes sense that it would work out well!
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I was totally joking about the copying thing; realized the sarcasm may not have communicated well...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I was totally joking about the copying thing; realized the sarcasm may not have communicated well...

Hehe I got it after I saw your second comment. I'm Russian and I tend to take things literally a lot:) My guildies always give me a hard time for it.
  • Anil235
    Anil235
    Does the Toxic Defiance buff stack? Meaning, if you use FoB, will it stack nine times to increase your poison DoTs by over 5000?
  • Americanfunguy
    Americanfunguy
    ✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO great guide! I just started my Stam DK only to be horridly dissapointed with the results (17k dps on the serpent). But I do have a couple of questions:
    1: How is your Weapon Damage 4k? Is this fully buffed? I'm running Hundings and Agility and not getting close to that.
    2: What addon is that which you used to track your dps?
    3: Have you considered making a video with your dps rotation? Visual dps rotations are awesome to us less than skilled dps c:

Thanks again for the awesome post!
    Flawless Conqueror 6 times over.
    All HM clears and PvE titles - Angler.
    PvP all factions.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anil235 wrote: »
    Does the Toxic Defiance buff stack? Meaning, if you use FoB, will it stack nine times to increase your poison DoTs by over 5000?

What it does is buff each tick by 688 + modifiers so if a dot ticks 5 times, thats 5 x 688 x modifiers
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO great guide! I just started my Stam DK only to be horridly dissapointed with the results (17k dps on the serpent). But I do have a couple of questions:
    1: How is your Weapon Damage 4k? Is this fully buffed? I'm running Hundings and Agility and not getting close to that.
    3: Have you considered making a video with your dps rotation? Visual dps rotations are awesome to us less than skilled dps c:

Hey!
    1. Boss fights can be tricky and your dps depends on not only your personal awareness, but also group synergy. So don't let that get you down.
    2. You have 48% buff to weapon damage on your dual wield bar. 25 major and minor, 12 armor, 3 evil hunter, 8 Dawnbreaker. With all my gear and these buffs combined that's what you get. As for the buffs you can see in the top right corner which buffs I had. This particular screenshot is fully selfbuffed, with no party buffs present.
    3. The addon is called combat metrics, it's fantastic!
    4. Sure I'll try to record one tomorrow! Also I wouldn't ever label myself as a less skilled dps if I were you. Too many people think they are bad, and honestly all they are missing is knowledge. I'm sure you would be able to parse just as high if you practiced:)
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey!
    1. Boss fights can be tricky and your dps depends on not only your personal awareness, but also group synergy. So don't let that get you down.
    2. You have 48% buff to weapon damage on your dual wield bar. 25 major and minor, 12 armor, 3 evil hunter, 8 Dawnbreaker. With all my gear and these buffs combined that's what you get. As for the buffs you can see in the top right corner which buffs I had. This particular screenshot is fully selfbuffed, with no party buffs present.
    4. Sure I'll try to record one tomorrow! Also I wouldn't ever label myself as a less skilled dps if I were you. Too many people think they are bad, and honestly all they are missing is knowledge. I'm sure you would be able to parse just as high if you practiced:)

Not quite: 20% Major Brut, 5% Minor Brut, 12% medium armor, 5% Flawless Dawnbreaker(just the skill), 9% FG passive for skills slotted 3 slotted(FlawlessDawnbreaker, EvilHunter, Rearming trap): 51%
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey!

Not quite: 20% Major Brut, 5% Minor Brut, 12% medium armor, 5% Flawless Dawnbreaker(just the skill), 9% FG passive for skills slotted 3 slotted(FlawlessDawnbreaker, EvilHunter, Rearming trap): 51%

Good catch, this is indeed correct.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Americanfunguy, here is a sample of the rotation. I kind of slowed down a bit at the end, but it should get you thew gist of its capability. Its a bit different from above, since I do not have full Toxic Defiance and thus do not use FOO yet. Sorry only had time for a few attempts, so I did 36.8, but as Ive shown before, this build is capable of amazing things.

https://youtu.be/coltYB3ePwM
  • Americanfunguy
    Americanfunguy
    ✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO thank for the video! Just picked up my full set of Toxic and my first vMA dagger. I'll be looking to try out a decent rotation, but my last dps test I only pulled 20k. So I got some work.
    Flawless Conqueror 6 times over.
    All HM clears and PvE titles - Angler.
    PvP all factions.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO thank for the video! Just picked up my full set of Toxic and my first vMA dagger. I'll be looking to try out a decent rotation, but my last dps test I only pulled 20k. So I got some work.

Practice makes perfect!
  • Vinther
    Vinther
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to inform you guys, but this build is terribly outdated. The build and rotation both are not on par with the current potential of stam DK.

If you are looking for an actual stam dk build, then check out Alcast's channel for the most effective ones, also the parse with 30k vs 50k is a good proof that the OP has not given much thought about this build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9G3G3txKQs

Enjoy :)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinther wrote: »
    Sad to inform you guys, but this build is terribly outdated. The build and rotation both are not on par with the current potential of stam DK.

If you are looking for an actual stam dk build, then check out Alcast's channel for the most effective ones, also the parse with 30k vs 50k is a good proof that the OP has not given much thought about this build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9G3G3txKQs

Enjoy :)

Lol cutie pie is angry?
  • Vinther
    Vinther
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, just saying that you are making people waste their gold on building sub par builds that are irrelevant in top tier pve ;)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinther wrote: »
    Nah, just saying that you are making people waste their gold on building sub par builds that are irrelevant in top tier pve ;)

Sweet cheeks, jealousy is a bad thing to have, it's tied to feelings of self inadequacy. XOXO
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nice build, I like it :)

But

As a main stam DK since beta, I have to disagree with using sets with flat dmg value compared to actually stat to buff your OP dots.

I got 52k on bloodspawn 2 days ago, 1,5 mill dmg over 30 sec.
    I wont reveal my gear, but can say so much I did it with agility jewelry ;)

its all about rotation.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But

As a main stam DK since beta, I have to disagree with using sets with flat dmg value compared to actually stat to buff your OP dots.

its all about rotation.

I would bet all my in game gold that you did it with buffs. With buffs this build hits for 50k+ single target as well...as you can see from the screenshot the test was self buffed. But I agree that DK dps is stupid easy to get high.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But

its all about rotation.

I would bet all my in game gold that you did it with buffs. With buffs this build hits for 50k+ single target as well...as you can see from the screenshot the test was self buffed. But I agree that DK dps is stupid easy to get high.

Yeah I had one warhorn and combat prayer. I self buffed myself with igneous.
    But yeah, I like your build. Did you do 40k without warhorn? :O
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But

its all about rotation.

Yeah I had one warhorn and combat prayer. I self buffed myself with igneous.
    But yeah, I like your build. Did you do 40k without warhorn? :O

I did 39k without either toxic (unfortunately I don't have the 5 pieces) or any raid buffs. But a guildie got a 41k with toxic on. Once I get 5 divines I'll retest. I think 43k+ is possible with no buffs. The reason toxic is so good is because that damage is buffed by passives AND crit modifiera
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Update 12
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im running with 5 spriggan/5 hunding and 2 kragh.

Spriggan jewelry,2 pieces body/3 pieces hunding+hunding weapons/2 kragh.

Precise weapons cause I get a lot of penetration from kragh+spriggan so I think is a great combo.

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RazielSR wrote: »
    Im running with 5 spriggan/5 hunding and 2 kragh.

Spriggan jewelry,2 pieces body/3 pieces hunding+hunding weapons/2 kragh.

Precise weapons cause I get a lot of penetration from kragh+spriggan so I think is a great combo.

I think even without vMA weapons you will want to run 5 TBS 2 Kragh and you can run 5 VO woth it if yoi dont have vMA weapons.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Homestead DLC