Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Molten Core" DK Build (Summerset Ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    So is it only the final hit on a lightning staff that gets buffed by elegance?

What other set are you using with the Elegance set? I have tried out elegant with the lightning staff in various combos and it is not as effective as the sets that add flat damage to your heavy attacks like Infallibe Aether, Sergeant's Mail, Undaunted unweaver/infilltrator. The sets that add flat damage are actually multiplied by four because the lightning staff ticks four times. I use undaunted unweaver which does 1k per base so it adds 4k to each heavy attack which is roughly 50% more damage. I haven't done the trial yet for the infallible set but that's the best set.

According to these calculations https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260709/what-determines-light-heavy-attack-damage#latest it takes 40 magicka to equal 1 spell damage when it comes to heavy attacks. Elegant set is 2 max magicka, 1 weapon power and 20% damage on heavy/light attacks. So the 1890 max magicka from the set in all gold pieces is equivalent to 47.25 spell damage when it comes to the lightning staff damage.

I can tell you that using this set (undaunted) on a DK is a guaranteed DPS loss versus using TBS. I will test it on my nospammable sorc build when I can get the pieces together, but I doubt it would beat TBS. It's just too good..
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on July 29, 2016 7:04PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. But the AoE was stealth buffed a couple of patches ago from 20% to 170% and was stealth nerfed last patch to 140%. With your crazy damage I think they will probably nerf this again if many people start using the lightning staff this way.

I think that is true of any build that becomes meta. Everything is subject to change. That being said, how many people are really running this? It is gear dependent on a VMA lightening staff and realistically, jewelry from a trial set. I bet less than 5% of the population has the gear to run this. It is also not as simple to run as some people think. On most 1-2 minute trash pulls in VMOL, I am in the 50K range. Despite popular believe, there is some skill to running this. Typically I am keeping up 4 or 5 buffs at a time, and things do need to be stacked pretty tight. Works great on the twin boss, because I am the one chaining the adds. It is also, IMO a slight DPS loss on single target, which will certainly deter some people. I still pull a bit more on Manti with my traditional skoria build. Most groups have a healer running Infall at this point, so in single target, the minor vulnerability debuff is not as crucial.

I am just glad we have evil geniuses like Nos to figure this crap out. Haha.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. But the AoE was stealth buffed a couple of patches ago from 20% to 170% and was stealth nerfed last patch to 140%. With your crazy damage I think they will probably nerf this again if many people start using the lightning staff this way.

I think that is true of any build that becomes meta. Everything is subject to change. That being said, how many people are really running this? It is gear dependent on a VMA lightening staff and realistically, jewelry from a trial set. I bet less than 5% of the population has the gear to run this. It is also not as simple to run as some people think. On most 1-2 minute trash pulls in VMOL, I am in the 50K range. Despite popular believe, there is some skill to running this. Typically I am keeping up 4 or 5 buffs at a time, and things do need to be stacked pretty tight. Works great on the twin boss, because I am the one chaining the adds. It is also, IMO a slight DPS loss on single target, which will certainly deter some people. I still pull a bit more on Manti with my traditional skoria build. Most groups have a healer running Infall at this point, so in single target, the minor vulnerability debuff is not as crucial.

I am just glad we have evil geniuses like Nos to figure this crap out. Haha.

Why evil?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well good and evil are a matter of perspective. Rakkhat probably thinks you are evil, and I heard that Vashai and S'kinrai recently put a bounty on your head. :smile:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well good and evil are a matter of perspective. Rakkhat probably thinks you are evil, and I heard that Vashai and S'kinrai recently put a bounty on your head. :smile:

Haha true that...also we may need to bring your DK deeps for Rakhhat sometimes so watch chat please!
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using elegant 5, shadow dancer 4, molag kena. My best heavy fire attack was 31k but i think i have my cp distributed incorrectly. I'm also an argonian, lol, this is my hist dlc tribute character.
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭

Haha true that...also we may need to bring your DK deeps for Rakhhat sometimes so watch chat please!

Seconded.
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    liv3mind wrote: »

Seconded.

Haha, you got it. For the record, I am terrible at watching chat. Just invite me if you need me. :)

Also, got a precise lightening staff over the weekend. I finally took my Stam DK through there. Going to test what is better (sharpened or precise) in VMOL. Do we have any idea what the armor rating is on the main mobs in their? Is that something that can be reverse engineered?
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 1, 2016 4:07PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    liv3mind wrote: »

Seconded.

Haha, you got it. For the record, I am terrible at watching chat. Just invite me if you need me. :)

Also, got a precise lightening staff over the weekend. I finally took my Stam DK through there. Going to test what is better (sharpened or precise) in VMOL. Do we have any idea what the armor rating is on the main mobs in their? Is that something that can be reverse engineered?

Precise is BiS since you only use it in AoE
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Update 12
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Morrowind
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Morrowind

Did you even go to sleep last night? NOS build day. Haha
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Morrowind

Did you even go to sleep last night? NOS build day. Haha

Lol yes...4:30 hence why i had to make so many edits this morning..was typing whilst half asleep...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for HotR DLC
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely loving this setup unfortunately I have to run it a little bit different with infused vma inferno front and run a charged moondancer lightning back still pulls pretty decent numbers though.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely loving this setup unfortunately I have to run it a little bit different with infused vma inferno front and run a charged moondancer lightning back still pulls pretty decent numbers though.

If you get a fire charged moondnancer its insane...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated...still won't compete with stamina, but fun to play...
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the build, it does tempt me to go make one...

My guild would certainly appreciate having one for vmol.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Thanks for the build, it does tempt me to go make one...

My guild would certainly appreciate having one for vmol.

It's not horrible damage either, I think 50k single target is possible, but it's so much easier to hit that on stamina:(