Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hopefully they will also ban the players who made false accusations as well.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should never be banning people without querying that persons data. They should have queries setup that CSR's can run when they get these tickets to validate if someone is actually doing what they are accused of. I doubt that they have this setup. They also do not have the man power to manually research every report ticket that they receive.

It's unfortunate for anyone that received a ban and didn't deserve it. It's also unfortunate that there are those low lifes out there with so little skill that they have to cheat to win or turn in a bunch of players who aren't cheating as cheaters.

ZOS setup this game to allow cheating. Players have been warning them for years now about the loop holes in their coding with a client side setup and they don't care. Maybe at least now, something good can come from all this.

We'll have to wait and see........
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Jordaen
    Jordaen
    ✭✭✭
    i was falsely accused of using these so called "cheats". I think n***y had a whole guild report me and i wouldn't be surprised if others reported me just for killing them in PvP. Anyways I was suspended for 72 hours while they investigated my account and now i am unsuspended. I think it's pretty dumb that they go off reports but its whatever.
    Chıef - VR16 Stamina Dragonknight - DC
    Chiëf - VR16 Stamina Dragonknight - AD

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCSAjDLRQUOtHi0P7J0BJ3Sw
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to see zos ban those players who deliberately try to get another player banned with false information, this really shouldn't even be an issue for us as players.

Zos really needs to look at how they determine who should be banned and why. It is their game, it is their responsibility. They either choose to listen to players complaints and follow up with their own investigation, and bans, or not. There is a huge issue though, if they temporarily ban someone while they investigate the complaint.

However, from a few things I've been reading, and hearing, from other players' personal experiences, it seems that zos has automatically just banned players based on the amount of reports received.

I shouldn't be allowed to gather up my guild, my friends, anyone else who will listen and be able to get a player banned just based on the amount of complaints we can lodge.

Again, the burden of proof should lie with the accuser. I shouldn't have to prove my innocence every day I play just because someone has it in for me. Am I to be guilty until proven innocent?

At any rate, they may have banned players who did cheat, however, they have also banned people who are playing the game as zos allows them to, and not using any kind of cheat. That is not an assumption.

I hope zos makes it right with those players. They will lose many more players who aren't banned if they don't.

Replying only to bolded part. It is indeed an assumption, due to the fact you are taking the word of the accused as fact, when they could in fact be lying to you. "They would never lie to me" isnt admissible in a court of law, nor should it be here.

In fact, without a signed affidavit, or swearing in before a court officer, your testimony as to their character constitutes nothing but allegation, and even if placed into affidavit, would actually be itself, hearsay. Which would, in turn, be thrown out of evidence since hearsay is not admissible.

For all you know, they are as guilty as Zazeer himself, and are made for a fool because they indignantly said "id never cheat, no way." As to whether or not they are guilty, Zenimax has already ruled that they are, therefore its up to whatever appeals system ZOS has in place.

Now we can talk about presumption of innocence all day long, but once someone is adjudicated guilty (trial, judge, confession, no contest) the burden of proof actually flips to the defendant/respondent, they must now prove innocence, since the original burden of proof needed to convict was already met by the plaintiff/petitioner.

Hard to wrap ones head around, I know, but it is in fact the case.

Edited by Rylana on May 31, 2016 9:57PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to see zos ban those players who deliberately try to get another player banned with false information, this really shouldn't even be an issue for us as players.

Zos really needs to look at how they determine who should be banned and why. It is their game, it is their responsibility. They either choose to listen to players complaints and follow up with their own investigation, and bans, or not. There is a huge issue though, if they temporarily ban someone while they investigate the complaint.

However, from a few things I've been reading, and hearing, from other players' personal experiences, it seems that zos has automatically just banned players based on the amount of reports received.

I shouldn't be allowed to gather up my guild, my friends, anyone else who will listen and be able to get a player banned just based on the amount of complaints we can lodge.

Again, the burden of proof should lie with the accuser. I shouldn't have to prove my innocence every day I play just because someone has it in for me. Am I to be guilty until proven innocent?

At any rate, they may have banned players who did cheat, however, they have also banned people who are playing the game as zos allows them to, and not using any kind of cheat. That is not an assumption.

I hope zos makes it right with those players. They will lose many more players who aren't banned if they don't.

Replying only to bolded part. It is indeed an assumption, due to the fact you are taking the word of the accused as fact, when they could in fact be lying to you. "They would never lie to me" isnt admissible in a court of law, nor should it be here.

For all you know, they are as guilty as Zazeer himself, and are made for a fool because they indignantly said "id never cheat, no way"

You are entitled to your opinion of course, and I can understand and appreciate why you would say this.
    I would usually agree, that it is an assumption. However, please don't assume I don't know the facts in this case.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jordaen wrote: »
    i was falsely accused of using these so called "cheats". I think n***y had a whole guild report me and i wouldn't be surprised if others reported me just for killing them in PvP. Anyways I was suspended for 72 hours while they investigated my account and now i am unsuspended. I think it's pretty dumb that they go off reports but its whatever.

Chief
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh i was just beginning to having fun on the playground swings.. but recess is over. :disappointed:
    Time to head back to the shuffle stacking class :tired_face:
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say it. I've literally seen you zoom past me with a speed hack in Cyrodiil. How you got unbanned speaks only to ZOS's now proven incompetence in the handling of this matter. Though I don't really care for Nifty much in this case he was 100% justified.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    #FreePrim

My friend is STILL banned after being spam reported for increased ultimate WHILE HE WAS EMPEROR.

So ridiculous. ):
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FreePrim

My friend is STILL banned after being spam reported for increased ultimate WHILE HE WAS EMPEROR.

So ridiculous. ):

Who is Prim? Which campaign and platform
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    #FreePrim

So ridiculous. ):

Who is Prim? Which campaign and platform

EDIT: FREED!!!!
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on May 31, 2016 11:43PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've taken steps in my guild to encourage our players to not accuse someone of cheating without 100% proof. And if you are going to accuse someone of cheating do it privately as possible with ZoS. I strongly encourage all guilds to adopt a policy of encouraging their playerbase to not accuse others of cheating. However If cheating and hacks become more normal and we see more video's like the ones on these forums I feel as though we are only holding back the tide for a time. :/
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been reading a bit of the posts regarding the recent bans and I wasn't able to comment since zos had closed them.
    I found a quote here and I wanted to just add my two cents.

"There is a system where people get automatic ban if they got a certain amount of report for the same reason. That works for "offensive" char names and zos might have enabled it for ultimate cheat. If they did people too dumb to notice somebody is emperor, or just salty can report someone and get him banned although no third party program was used. Thats what happened to some people yesterday."

I also know with the amount of lag, some of us have complained that our skills (including ult) aren't going off, so we continuously press a key in hopes of it registering. Is it possible their lag has even contributed to this witch hunt?

Either way, I hope zos is as swift in punishment of the players who made false accusations as well. I'd like to know what evidence they have, if any. Just because you don't like someone in the game, shouldn't allow you the right to file a false complaint and have that player perma or three day banned. If this is how zos does business, who would want to play their games then?

If you where banned and you want an investigation on your account... I'm sure you'll be granted one. idk how many reports you need to get someone auto banned but it must be a hell of alot given the amount of kills I've made today soloing 1vsXs lol and im still on. either way I think the current band aid of a auto ban is good for the game right now. if someone is blatantly cheating or doing something highly suspect on the level of Blinxey then they get banned pending investigation... the alternative is rather bleak.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »

I'll say it. I've literally seen you zoom past me with a speed hack in Cyrodiil. How you got unbanned speaks only to ZOS's now proven incompetence in the handling of this matter. Though I don't really care for Nifty much in this case he was 100% justified.

Too funny, how he pretends to be innocent is a laugh indeed.