The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hopefully they will also ban the players who made false accusations as well.

Delphinia
Delphinia
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been reading a bit of the posts regarding the recent bans and I wasn't able to comment since zos had closed them.
I found a quote here and I wanted to just add my two cents.

"There is a system where people get automatic ban if they got a certain amount of report for the same reason. That works for "offensive" char names and zos might have enabled it for ultimate cheat. If they did people too dumb to notice somebody is emperor, or just salty can report someone and get him banned although no third party program was used. Thats what happened to some people yesterday."

I also know with the amount of lag, some of us have complained that our skills (including ult) aren't going off, so we continuously press a key in hopes of it registering. Is it possible their lag has even contributed to this witch hunt?

Either way, I hope zos is as swift in punishment of the players who made false accusations as well. I'd like to know what evidence they have, if any. Just because you don't like someone in the game, shouldn't allow you the right to file a false complaint and have that player perma or three day banned. If this is how zos does business, who would want to play their games then?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I've been reading a bit of the posts regarding the recent bans and I wasn't able to comment since zos had closed them.
    I found a quote here and I wanted to just add my two cents.

"There is a system where people get automatic ban if they got a certain amount of report for the same reason. That works for "offensive" char names and zos might have enabled it for ultimate cheat. If they did people too dumb to notice somebody is emperor, or just salty can report someone and get him banned although no third party program was used. Thats what happened to some people yesterday."

I also know with the amount of lag, some of us have complained that our skills (including ult) aren't going off, so we continuously press a key in hopes of it registering. Is it possible their lag has even contributed to this witch hunt?

Either way, I hope zos is as swift in punishment of the players who made false accusations as well. I'd like to know what evidence they have, if any. Just because you don't like someone in the game, shouldn't allow you the right to file a false complaint and have that player perma or three day banned. If this is how zos does business, who would want to play their games then?

I'd love to see how you come up with a proof that someone knowingly falsely accused.
  • Loicozor
    Loicozor
    ✭✭✭
    don't forget the hate report just cause they dont like this player...
    Edited by Loicozor on May 31, 2016 2:16PM
    AFK Officer of eXile Corp [DC - PC - EU] CP 1000+

Loicozor MagDK Lvl50 AR 49 Grand ScrubLord
    Loiicozorr MagBlade Lvl50 AR25 BombLord
    Loicozzorr Stamplar Lvl50 AR 24 JabLord
    Loicozorr StamBlade Lvl50 AR 23 ProcLord
    Loiicozzor StamSorc Lvl50 AR17 RapidLord
    Loiicozor StamDK Lvl50 AR13 SlackLord
    Loicozzor MagSorc Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loiicozzorr Healplar Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loicozerg The Fabulous StamDK Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Legendary Smallscalozor MagSorc Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Exploitozor Exile MagDen Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Loicozerg Exile StamDen Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Big Boss The Shiny ScrubHealplar Lvl50 AR10 AD
    Gankozor exile Stamblade Lvl50 AR11 EP
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but I would like to continue killing those who reported me in the past. :wink:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on reporting all those who report anyone for reporting someone for reporting someone.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I'm planning on reporting all those who report anyone for reporting someone for reporting someone.

I'm glad you can find humor in other people's misfortune. I know there are players who deserve to get banned; people who knowingly cheat and exploit...but, there are some players who actually play the game the way they are allowed to who don't deserve to be found guilty until proven innocent.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loicozor wrote: »
    don't forget the hate report just cause they dont like this player...

Or if you died to him/her :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    BURN macro users BURN

WHY does ZOS have to rely on reports? Where is their so called "detection system"??????? :trollface:
    Edited by Alcast on May 31, 2016 4:08PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you guys know they are relying on reports
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's hope they aren't. But, we know there are many reports, and some are false claims. If players are indeed getting banned based on false reporting, then I would also hope zos is as swift in their punishment on that as they seemed to be for accused cheaters.
    As I said above, "if this is how zos does business".
    Edited by Delphinia on May 31, 2016 4:33PM
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's hope they aren't. But, we know there are many reports, and some are false claims. If players are indeed getting banned based on false reporting, then I would also hope zos is as swift in their punishment on that as they seemed to be for accused cheaters.

It seems like ZOS isnt relying on reports without actual proof. As of right now I believe anyone that says they are wrongly accused is using all this chaos to hide the fact that they were using the cheat program even if it was one time in 2015.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I am remaining as neutral as possible. I neither believe nor disbelieve claims of false banning.

This is because of experience in other gaming communities where ban waves are normal and so too are false accusation threads. They are like clockwork.

The reality is that a high percentage of people caught cheating will deny it. Most will never admit to it. It's a trait cheaters probably share considering the lack of integrity required to cheat in the first place.

Objectively speaking, I know of extremely unpopular players who have been mass-reported without bans in the past. A couple of times, I've received tells informing me I was getting zone reported and nothing came of it.

False positives will happen with a well-implemented cheat detection system. We can assume that ZOS, caught with its pants down, does not have a well-implemented system. It sucks, but that's what we get for marrying ZOS. Never again.

However, whatever the case may be, players are not in a position to adjudicate. Unfortunately, someone can be an excellent player, an excellent friend, and a dirty cheater. That's people for you.
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Personally, I am remaining as neutral as possible. I neither believe nor disbelieve claims of false banning.

This is because of experience in other gaming communities where ban waves are normal and so too are false accusation threads. They are like clockwork.

The reality is that a high percentage of people caught cheating will deny it. Most will never admit to it. It's a trait cheaters probably share considering the lack of integrity required to cheat in the first place.

Objectively speaking, I know of extremely unpopular players who have been mass-reported without bans in the past. A couple of times, I've received tells informing me I was getting zone reported and nothing came of it.

False positives will happen with a well-implemented cheat detection system. We can assume that ZOS, caught with its pants down, does not have a well-implemented system. It sucks, but that's what we get for marrying ZOS. Never again.

However, whatever the case may be, players are not in a position to adjudicate. Unfortunately, someone can be an excellent player, an excellent friend, and a dirty cheater. That's people for you.

Agreed
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like ZOS isnt relying on reports without actual proof. As of right now I believe anyone that says they are wrongly accused is using all this chaos to hide the fact that they were using the cheat program even if it was one time in 2015.

Perhaps you are correct; but, it will be interesting to see how zos handles the cases where the players who weren't using a cheat program and still were banned.

That is why the burden of proof should not rest on the accused, but on the accuser. Whether it be another player or zos itself.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps you are correct; but, it will be interesting to see how zos handles the cases where the players who weren't using a cheat program and still were banned.

That is why the burden of proof should not rest on the accused, but on the accuser. Whether it be another player or zos itself.

Burden is on ZoS, actually. I don't blame players for reporting at this stage, I'd blame ZoS for incompetent investigating.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To assume that ZOS is just haphazardly banning people is quite the assumption.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To assume that ZOS is just haphazardly banning people is quite the assumption.

I would agree, if I was assuming.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Burden is on ZoS, actually. I don't blame players for reporting at this stage, I'd blame ZoS for incompetent investigating.
    True, but burden is also on us as a community, to not turn into an angry mob, grab our pitchforks and torches and cry for a good old-fashioned lynching.
    I'm sure any honest player (regardless of small or big scale) wants cheaters brought to justice but, if we give in to paranoia, it's only going to breed an extremely unhealthy environment.

Edited by Lore_lai on May 31, 2016 5:30PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    True, but burden is also on us as a community, to not turn into an angry mob, grab our pitchforks and torches and cry for a good old-fashioned lynching.
    I'm sure any honest player (regardless of small or big scale) wants cheaters brought to justice but, if we give in to paranoia, it's only going to breed an extremely unhealthy environment.

What do you want people to do who feel they've been killed by or seen evidence of foul play?

It seems like you want them to do nothing, and that's not really an acceptable solution.

• Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you want people to do who feel they've been killed by or seen evidence of foul play?

It seems like you want them to do nothing, and that's not really an acceptable solution.

Do nothing? Of course not! This "foul play" hurts the people wrongly accused just as much as it hurts the people who fall prey to it.
    What I do expect though is reason - I don't think that is too much to ask for, although I could be wrong.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They mostly want you to shut up about it.

That's what they want.

Thing about it all is some of the people abusing stuff went pretty far... not as far as Z did that blew it open, but far enough that it's not believable when they sit there trying to explain it all as skill or l2p noob.

Some of us have been playing since beta and have a really good feel to what's possible in game.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ban players for false accusations? Thats the most *** thing ive ever heard. This is all on ZOS. They implemented this anti cheat system. They brought the lag to us. They brought the AoE caps to us. They need to police their community and make their presence in the game known.
    There are too many fishy things that players experience thats is hard to tell the difference between legit/exploits when youre playing in 999+ pings and players who have mastered the art of animations canceling. And now people are proposing ban legit players too? lols

If thats the case, ban me, and every other player for accusing blinxey of exploiting. There goes 90% of your pvp population.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do nothing? Of course not! This "foul play" hurts the people wrongly accused just as much as it hurts the people who fall prey to it.
    What I do expect though is reason - I don't think that is too much to ask for, although I could be wrong.

I mean, of course we want reason. But I think at this point we all have to admit there are good reasons for suspicion.

I also am dubious of those whose reasoning is essentially "I'm super OP and everyone is going to accuse me of cheating because I'm really good!" I get 1-2 of those a night because I lead VE raids (not because my play is flashy), and so I fear no ban. I am confident in my ability to appeal if it should happen.

I agree that we shouldn't witch hunt. The trouble is that this isn't Salem, there are actual "witches" roaming about. Which makes me wonder what those who feel they have observed foul play are supposed to do

• Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least ask in zone or a well respected player of their faction. Yesterday on AD side was fairly consistent with people questioning the legitimacy of what had happened to them, and most of the time players were able to explain how such a thing could happen. There's a large portion of the game that still doesn't understand the mechanics of the game well enough to judge on a lot of these situations.

In a perfect world I would want them to report it anyway, and have ZOS investigate. They would only ban on the spot those caught on video doing it, and the rest would be free to play until the investigation yielded anything. However, I'm too skeptical about this process due to previous encounters.

Sure, players have been mass reported before and not been banned, but I've also known players being banned after mass reporting such as Hova and one of my friends who was a perma bats emp DK a month into the game. In the second case it was a false ban and he was given his account back the next day. I've also received communication from ZOS to stop doing something in the game that wasn't deemed an exploit simply because too many people were complaining about it.

Things like those make people worried about randoms just reporting whoever does something they can't do themselves, or simply doing it out of spite.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ban players for false accusations? Thats the most *** thing ive ever heard. This is all on ZOS. They implemented this anti cheat system. They brought the lag to us. They brought the AoE caps to us. They need to police their community and make their presence in the game known.
    There are too many fishy things that players experience thats is hard to tell the difference between legit/exploits when youre playing in 999+ pings and players who have mastered the art of animations canceling. And now people are proposing ban legit players too? lols

If thats the case, ban me, and every other player for accusing blinxey of exploiting. There goes 90% of your pvp population.

I do hold zos responsible if they are banning people based on hearsay. I also hold players responsible for sending in false reports. Of course, in either case, bans should be based on proof. How zos proves someone is deliberately cheating, or how someone is deliberately making false accusations rests on them. If it is proven that a player has deliberately targeted another player by filing a complaint with false information, should that not go unpunished? Especially if zos is taking that accusers reports as truth?

I understand your point, that for many of us it is difficult to tell sometimes if someone is cheating or exploiting. However, how do we stop players from lodging false reports against other players? Maybe I'm just having a bad day and you look like an easy target. There we go, now it's between you and zos. My bad day has turned into your problem. My hands are clean.
    Edited by Delphinia on May 31, 2016 6:06PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »

At least ask in zone or a well respected player of their faction. Yesterday on AD side was fairly consistent with people questioning the legitimacy of what had happened to them, and most of the time players were able to explain how such a thing could happen. There's a large portion of the game that still doesn't understand the mechanics of the game well enough to judge on a lot of these situations.

In a perfect world I would want them to report it anyway, and have ZOS investigate. They would only ban on the spot those caught on video doing it, and the rest would be free to play until the investigation yielded anything. However, I'm too skeptical about this process due to previous encounters.

Sure, players have been mass reported before and not been banned, but I've also known players being banned after mass reporting such as Hova and one of my friends who was a perma bats emp DK a month into the game. In the second case it was a false ban and he was given his account back the next day. I've also received communication from ZOS to stop doing something in the game that wasn't deemed an exploit simply because too many people were complaining about it.

Things like those make people worried about randoms just reporting whoever does something they can't do themselves, or simply doing it out of spite.

I feel like your story has a mostly happy ending, in that he immediately got his account back. I know most No Mercy players like Hova cared too much about winning to cheat themselves of good victories but it's also not really a secret that they could "turn on the Nikes" and move from location to location at astonishing speed.

Honestly, this has me rethinking a lot of what I had accepted about ESO play. Certain DK emps with 8-9 bat swarms active at a time and claiming it was because of a bug with unmorphed skills and a certain level of vampire. I just accepted stuff like that because ESO was obviously coded by a particularly clever dog with a forged MIT degree, but now that 8-bat stack just sounds like someone reset their ulti cost to zero :/

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I'd like to see zos ban those players who deliberately try to get another player banned with false information, this really shouldn't even be an issue for us as players.

Zos really needs to look at how they determine who should be banned and why. It is their game, it is their responsibility. They either choose to listen to players complaints and follow up with their own investigation, and bans, or not. There is a huge issue though, if they temporarily ban someone while they investigate the complaint.

However, from a few things I've been reading, and hearing, from other players' personal experiences, it seems that zos has automatically just banned players based on the amount of reports received.

I shouldn't be allowed to gather up my guild, my friends, anyone else who will listen and be able to get a player banned just based on the amount of complaints we can lodge.

Again, the burden of proof should lie with the accuser. I shouldn't have to prove my innocence every day I play just because someone has it in for me. Am I to be guilty until proven innocent?

At any rate, they may have banned players who did cheat, however, they have also banned people who are playing the game as zos allows them to, and not using any kind of cheat. That is not an assumption.

I hope zos makes it right with those players. They will lose many more players who aren't banned if they don't.
    Edited by Delphinia on May 31, 2016 6:34PM
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I'd like to see zos ban those players who deliberately try to get another player banned with false information, this really shouldn't even be an issue for us as players.

Zos really needs to look at how they determine who should be banned and why. It is their game, it is their responsibility. They either choose to listen to players complaints and follow up with their own investigation, and bans, or not. There is a huge issue though, if they temporarily ban someone while they investigate the complaint.

However, from a few things I've been reading, and hearing, from other players' personal experiences, it seems that zos has automatically just banned players based on the amount of reports received.

I shouldn't be allowed to gather up my guild, my friends, anyone else who will listen and be able to get a player banned just based on the amount of complaints we can lodge.

Again, the burden of proof should lie with the accuser. I shouldn't have to prove my innocence every day I play just because someone has it in for me. Am I to be guilty until proven innocent?

At any rate, they may have banned players who did cheat, however, they have also banned people who are playing the game as zos allows them to, and not using any kind of cheat. That is not an assumption.

I hope zos makes it right with those players. They will lose many more players who aren't banned if they don't.

Ok, like everyone else has said..who has been banned falsely and how do we know they are t just lying on the internet? You know that people dont admit when they are cheatig right?
    Were you banned? Is that why you keep saying the samething over and over again?
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, like everyone else has said..who has been banned falsely and how do we know they are t just lying on the internet? You know that people dont admit when they are cheatig right?
    Were you banned? Is that why you keep saying the samething over and over again?

I agree, most people don't admit it when they're in the wrong. However, just because someone is accused of something doesn't mean they're guilty of it either, and they have a right to stand up for themselves and deny it if they've been convicted of something that they didn't do. No, I wasn't banned. You will see me out there ... although why I'm not sure.

Actually, I'll be out there only because of the good people I've met along the way, in all factions... I don't want to let the few bad things about this game and some of its players ruin my time with the good parts of it.

I just hope that zos does investigate all claims (no matter what the complaint) and that we, as a community, don't have to worry about being "reported" and potentially banned every day we choose to play this game. There should be some ramifications for abusing the report button.
    Edited by Delphinia on May 31, 2016 7:36PM
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »

I feel like your story has a mostly happy ending, in that he immediately got his account back. I know most No Mercy players like Hova cared too much about winning to cheat themselves of good victories but it's also not really a secret that they could "turn on the Nikes" and move from location to location at astonishing speed.

Honestly, this has me rethinking a lot of what I had accepted about ESO play. Certain DK emps with 8-9 bat swarms active at a time and claiming it was because of a bug with unmorphed skills and a certain level of vampire. I just accepted stuff like that because ESO was obviously coded by a particularly clever dog with a forged MIT degree, but now that 8-bat stack just sounds like someone reset their ulti cost to zero :/

I wouldn't say immediately. Being banned for a day when you're Emperor is kind of a *** feeling. As for NM, Hova's name has never come up as one of those that did use it, and some of them did. Regardless, the reason he was banned was for something that dozens and dozens of others were doing just as blatantly, but he was a name player and an easy target for people to report who were upset.

The bat swarm thing is easy to explain in that utli cost reductions were being applied additively, and vamp reduced cost passive was affecting swarm when it shouldn't have. Probably something else to do with the a certain stage of vampirism too. A sorc in our guild managed to get his bats cost down to 4 ultimate.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

I'm glad you can find humor in other people's misfortune. I know there are players who deserve to get banned; people who knowingly cheat and exploit...but, there are some players who actually play the game the way they are allowed to who don't deserve to be found guilty until proven innocent.

:backs away slowly:

Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/