The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A plea to the casual gamer...let me take you back to a simpler time...

Mricci1988
Mricci1988
✭✭
Good morning Tamriel!!!

TLDR: I am creating a few build idea's for those of us (filthy casuals lol) that do not have the time / desire to min max or care about competing at the highest levels of game play - i know i will not get vMSA axes or daggers with the right traits (or even complete it yet lol). Builds focused on having FUN in game...just thats it...FUN. Not efficiency or max damage etc. FUN.

I am working these days on a different way of playing The Elder Scrolls Online...going back to roots by truly playing "how I want" and not focusing on min / maxing. I just started my own family and realized that I cannot dedicate time to building a min maxed character out so I wanted to focus on taking my time and ENJOYING the game.

I have always enjoyed games like Diablo, Magic the Gathering and Baulders Gate....god i loved baulders gate 2 shadows of Amn....so epic that game and way to massive....nostalgia over now so i wanted instead of having the typical "DK, SORC, TEMPLAR, NIGHTBLADE" class that i would make up my own classes. Things that make both RPG's like Baulders Gate 2 and original TES games (Example was TES 3 Morrowind) was the ability to create a class name it yourself and then not be restricted by things (armor, damage numbers, mixing spells and weapons).

Some of the best fun i had in TES 3 was creating some stupidly OP 99999 damage spell cast it at someone watch them explode then run in with a big 2 hander (simply because i couldn't dual wield at that time) and then start spamming my right control trigger with bad slash and chop animations. :)

Why should it not be any different today?

I understand that deep down every gamer wants to have the best of the best and in NO WAY AM I SAYING THAT IS WRONG. It is totally cool to dedicate the time, find the BEST OF THE BEST builds and then use them to acquire the top line gear. that is just part of gaming.

What i have noticed though is that there is a population that just doesn't want that anymore...being 27 I was neither to young nor to old to remember games like Doom...Diablo 1...Baulders Gate 2. and to top it off i have had the privilege of spending my youth on GREAT games like Diablo 2 where talent customization was MASSIVE. Baulders Gate 2 where it was endless...KOTOR 1 / 2 (god that was fun). We played these games to create a character we wanted and wanted to enjoy.

Having the biggest numbers was cool...but not necessarily why we played.

Hard boss? okay no problem...barely made through it? Okay thank god we did it...was it optimal? Hell no! Did it make us sweat and pound / spam our buttons and controllers? YES! it was a rush and a feeling of victory afterwards.

Either way...Welcome to the below 3 starter classes i created...while some of them are not optimal they fit what was RIGHT FOR ME....taking a little bit of the meta while throwing a spin on it.

Race choice for me was Imperial as i love Imperial in general...IMPERIAL FOR LIFE.
Weapons...i love Dual Wielding swords...soooo much fun :smiley: Bow because it does give synergy and helps me out a bit.

70% stamina 30% magicka attribute / enchant split
Imperial Race for extra HP and Stamina
Primary weapon: Dual Wield Swords
Off Weapon: Bow

Idea's are:
Dragonknight:
Theme: Oblivion Knight. Coming forth from the depths of Tamriel awoken by accident by mannimacro's Worm Cult an ancient spirit imbued the body of a fallen warrior with unbelievable strength
Gear idea: 5 Piece Morong Tong (15% bonus to posion dmg) + 4 Hundings Rage + 3 agility jewelary
DW Bar: Fragmented Shield (obsidian shield morph) + Venoumus Claw + Noxious Breath + Blood Thirster + Igneious Weapons + Dawnbreaker
Bow Bar: Posion Injection + Caltrops + Proxy Det + Vigor + Flex Skill + Standard

Templar:
Theme: Angelic Swordsman / Silver Blade - Taking mercy upon the poor mortals of Tamriel...The Divines decided to imbue their chosen champion with the powers of the Angels. Granting him twin blades of Silver he is able to burn away the taint of Molag Bal from the Imperial City with Holy Light. The angels guide this swordsman.
Gear Idea: 5p Twice Born Star (Warrior + Tower mundus)+3 agility + 2 V Skoria
DW Bar: Reflective Light + Twin Slashes + Flurry + Radiant Oppression + Vigor + Dawnbreaker
Bow Bar: Poision Injection + Caltrops + Prayer of Retribution (magicka DoT) + Rearming Trap + Endless Hail + Nova / Meteor

Nightblade:
Theme: Blade Dancer - His family destroyed by ravaging Deadra...he barely just survived escaping into the wild barren deserts...only to be found by an ancient clan of warriors. Taught for years to become one of their deadliest students he now hunts down the Worm Cult and anchors using dark magic to enhance his own vision, speed and strength.....
Gear Idea: 5p TBS (Warrior + Tower) + 3 Agility + 2 Kena / Skoria
DW Bar: Ambush + Surprise Attack + Twin Slashes + Flurry + Twisting Path + Dawnbreaker
Bow Bar: Posion Injection + Caltrops + Endless Hail + Rearming Trap + Vigor + Veil of Blades

SORCERER COMING SOON
  • luxfreak
    luxfreak
    ✭✭✭
    looking at your Nightblade build, from a 'pro' prespectiv view, it is not optimale, but with a lot of sweat it should be possible to clear vmsa with it.
    Templar: im sad you did not take Bititng Jabs, i think that skill is aweasome.
    DK: seems pretty good for pvp.

Just if you want some feedback ^^
    Tank/DD with Hof HM clear