The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ok friends! Gear me up!

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm on vacation, and won't be able to play until about a week after DB drops (connection's good enough for a forum post; definitely not good enough to run ESO).

I'm a PVE player who intends to stick to pretty much only PVE, generally running solo. I have a magicka breton templar and a stamina orc werewolf nightblade. Since gear's based on CP in the new patch, I'll go ahead and mention that I'll be at max CP for gear-level purposes.

I'm looking for good gear loadouts given all the new sets/mechanics being introduced with DB. Not saying that the gear loadouts HAVE to include DB sets; just looking for decent gear loadouts for both of the afore-mentioned builds. I should mention that I'm not a hardcore player; not looking for any loadouts that necessitate swapping bars every 2 seconds while drinking invisipots in order to proc some sort of lucky synergy; I'm just looking for pretty sweet gear builds that will allow more-or-less mindless PVE exploring/questing/grinding with a minimum of fuss and muss and a maximum of face-rolling PVE mobs/bosses.

Can you guys help me out?
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...anyone? Not even a little hint? Just looking for some advice from those who've been testing builds on the PTS all this time.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atm on live:
    one setup i recommend for magplar is 2 EG, 5 Kags, 5 transmutation. Your weapon choices are upt to you but i use vMA staff and SnB (sword and board) on my back bar. With 5 transmutation on my back bar (i use purifying rituL which is a HoT) i get 3400 crit resitance, i use 5L 2 Hvy and i feel super tanky. 3k+ spell dmg, 22k resists, 3400 crit resists, 1.8kish regen.

I use this because the main weakness for any magicka playstyle is having enough stamina to CC break. With this set up, i have a chance to get stamina, but more importantly, i can repent the robot for more stam.

On my magblade, i use 2 kena/2 seducer
    5 julianos, 5vicious death only because as a mageblade, i have absolute control of a battle. I can stealth at will and bomb my my when i choose to, and when i do, its a 1 shot. My only means of survivability is cloaking and teleporting out.

Edit: srry everything above is a pvp setup. Im pretty drink atm xD

For pve on live
    Magplar: 2 skoria, 5 julianos, 3 willpower , 2 torugs will do the job. At least for any pledge.

Mageblade: 2 nerienth/2kena/2 seducer,
    5 julianos, 3 willpower, 2 torugs should do the job. Of all classes for pve, mageblade is the least im experienced at, but that would be a good start.
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on May 29, 2016 6:27AM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• luxfreak
    luxfreak
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade: 5x Hundings/ Twiceborn Star, 3 Alkosh Jewelry, 1 Sharpened MSA Axe, 1 Sharpened MSA Dagger, 1 Sharpened MSA Dagger, 1 Alkosh Armor Part, 1 Kena
    Cheaper: Alkosh Changed for 1 Bloodspawn and 3 agility.
    Even Cheaper: Msa Weapons Changed for nighmother(crafted) weapons, Bloodspawn as well.
    Cheaper: Leki Jewelry
    Cheap Af: Dominion rings(the Bow Set), Free Neclace, Dominion Bow.

All in C160
    All Armor in Divine.

If someone else Wears Morag Tong, you may test out Sheer Venom.
    Tank/DD with Hof HM clear
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best advice would be to find an active PvE oriented guild of players the same, or higher skill than you and have them help you out with such things. If you are intending to only PvE, you will likely not achieve very much on your own.

If you are having issues with your setup there are also a pletheora of builds online already that you can get inspiration from.

For a magicka templar sets like:
    Julianos 5 pieces
    Willpower 3 pieces
    Nerien'eth 2 pieces

For stamina nightblade sets like:
    Hunding's Rage 5 pieces
    Agility 3 pieces
    Nerien'eth 2 pieces
    or
    Hunding's Rage 4 pieces / 5 pieces
    Night Mother 5 pieces / 4 pieces
    Agility 3 pieces

These setups are the ones I have seen used the most for those two classes. Most people also have Maelstrom Weapons to go along with these sets, although for the Hunding/Nightmother/Agility combo you would use crafted weapons to go along with one of the sets. And for trials, a lot of people replace agility and willpower jewellery with Alkosh or Moondancer for the 5% increased damage to bosses.

Anyway finding a PvE guild should be your first step if you are planning on doing serious PvE content, unless you want to only do pledges.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • luxfreak
    luxfreak
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    My best advice would be to find an active PvE oriented guild of players the same, or higher skill than you and have them help you out with such things. If you are intending to only PvE, you will likely not achieve very much on your own.

If you are having issues with your setup there are also a pletheora of builds online already that you can get inspiration from.

For a magicka templar sets like:
    Julianos 5 pieces
    Willpower 3 pieces
    Nerien'eth 2 pieces

For stamina nightblade sets like:
    Hunding's Rage 5 pieces
    Agility 3 pieces
    Nerien'eth 2 pieces
    or
    Hunding's Rage 4 pieces / 5 pieces
    Night Mother 5 pieces / 4 pieces
    Agility 3 pieces

These setups are the ones I have seen used the most for those two classes. Most people also have Maelstrom Weapons to go along with these sets, although for the Hunding/Nightmother/Agility combo you would use crafted weapons to go along with one of the sets. And for trials, a lot of people replace agility and willpower jewellery with Alkosh or Moondancer for the 5% increased damage to bosses.

Anyway finding a PvE guild should be your first step if you are planning on doing serious PvE content, unless you want to only do pledges.

Nerieneth is an intresting choice for stamblades, and may be actually viable if you go with Surprise Attack.

Alkosh/Monndancer are a good Idea as well, but a quite poor choice, if you are not going for 5 pieces, as the 5% only applies to Bosses, and most of the Mobs inside Trials are not regarded as Bosses in that sense.
    In Maw, all Bosses have quite some add hp to burn, where you will have a huge loss from using alkosh/ moondance over agility/willpower.
    And Switching always befor and after a Fight, well its possible, but not the solution.
    Oh, and Templar dont wear Nerieneth at all, but Either Skoria or Kena. Kena if you can sustain it, else Skoria.
    nerien only procs on direct hits, Tempalr mainly have Dots, so Skoria, which proccs on Dots, is the choice there

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since there's a 100% proc rate on heavy attack and it now creates a poison DoT (after the patch) Spawn of Mephala is the obvious choice for a stamblade, since it'll get the damage bonus from Mighty.
  • frostitomik
    frostitomik
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Since there's a 100% proc rate on heavy attack and it now creates a poison DoT (after the patch) Spawn of Mephala is the obvious choice for a stamblade, since it'll get the damage bonus from Mighty.

This ^

Use your bow holding heavy attack and release with arrow spray as an opener and Mephala gets proced everytime. Then switch to DW and steelnado.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the applied weapon poisons only last for one hit? If so, is it worth it to keep reapplying when just grinding mobs?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im leveling a magicka templar and want to equip him with 5pc Cyrodiils Light to get 25% dmg reduction while channeling spells. Not sure about the other pieces but I might try the Malubeth set for solo play.

Crit resistance is pointless in PVE btw, because mobs dont crit.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • luxfreak
    luxfreak
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

In would not go with Mephala, because the Heavy Weaving itself is a DPS Loss fro Stamblades.
    I would just go without a Monster 2 Set Piece, just 1 Part Kena.