The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Different Armor "costumes" for mounts?

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
I for one would love to be able to thrown on and change out my many different mounts armor styles. Would be great to throw on different mount battle armor in pvp and and charge at the sea of red before me. Would you purchase this from the crown store if able?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or even options for guild Tabards on mounts!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this, and I would certainly purchase it if they released some interesting ones. Alliance-themed, for example. Full armor instead of just a metal mask for horses. Maybe saddles with some clutter that indicates your character's job or hobby, like a bunch of musical instruments for a bard. I think I have a mod in Skyrim for that. We could have some fancy ones, some rustic ones... It would be nice.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow those are some really great ideas man. Yes definitely. I don't think ZOS realizes what they could do to further our immersion with those ideas.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this if we had that option over the stupid bloated bags and velcro wraps. Remember getting the armors in Oblivion for my Shadowmere. They looked so sweet :)
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only 4k each!
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 4k each!

Lol

Wouldn't be bad if they had war paints for some mounts either.
  • shadow071179
    shadow071179
    ✭✭✭
    Racial motifs for mount Armor.

So you could make your own.
    For each Race you would have 3 options.
    Light, cloth.
    Med, leather.
    Heavy. Plate armor.

If you wanna go there,
    you could even alocate stamina, speed of carrying Buffs to them.
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I would absolutely love this -- make it happen, ZOS! :smiley:
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently "horse armor" is an ongoing inside joke at the ZOS office. They briefly spoke about it at the Pax QnA panel. They have a video up on their YouTube. From the context I could not tell if they were laughing because they don't want to make the various armors, or because they are working on them and it's just a funny inside joke.

Either way, they definitely have the idea and know about the community wanting it. We will have to wait and see what they tease next quarter.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I hope they do it. Would be very cool.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light, medium and heavy armour mount styles that we can craft available for each of the craftable motifs we have would be wonderful.

One can dream, yes?
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    that wud be cool
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craftable mount armor???

OH YES PLZ!!!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd certainly purchase different costumes or gear for mounts.Costumes would be great!
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I wouldn't purchase it from the crown store, I'd want to see it part of the base game. And there's no reason it shouldn't be; we can craft all arms and armour for ourselves and others, it's only logical we could do the same for our mounts.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think that's an awesome idea. However, I'm sure they would charge like 10k crowns for one armor....
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think that's an awesome idea. However, I'm sure they would charge like 10k crowns for one armor....

Yeah I'm sure they would find a way to make money on it as well. But the added level of custimazation would be great. Having a slot on the mount for a guild tabard would be legit as well. That one shouldn't be chargeable by the crown store though.

Crafting specific mount pieces of armor would be a nice touch.
  • ShadowRukia
    ShadowRukia
    ✭✭
    dye armour on mounts too
  • CuzImHarley
    CuzImHarley
    ✭✭
    I think this is great. Have been saying forever that I would like to be able to at least dye my mounts armor (so we can match
    AD 810 Templar healer
    AD 810 Magica DK
    AD 810 Magica NB
    AD 810 Magica Sorc
  • Kimpire
    Kimpire
    Soul Shriven
    I love this idea and would definitely purchase new armor for my mounts if it became available!
    Letti - Redguard Dragonknight / Werewolf
  • MissFairy
    MissFairy
    ✭✭
    That would be amazing. In bdo you also have different horse armors in the store it's great to have more variety
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are you listening? :wink:
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess they are not. :(
  • JohnnyQuantum
    JohnnyQuantum
    ✭✭
    + 1
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 4k each!

If I had to gold I would. But not crowns. I really do love this game, but ZOS is starting to get a little crazy with money stuffs.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft able mount armor would be sick. At least give us some way to display guild tabard on them?
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    Nirnrotten wrote: »
    Apparently "horse armor" is an ongoing inside joke at the ZOS office. They briefly spoke about it at the Pax QnA panel. They have a video up on their YouTube. From the context I could not tell if they were laughing because they don't want to make the various armors, or because they are working on them and it's just a funny inside joke.

Either way, they definitely have the idea and know about the community wanting it. We will have to wait and see what they tease next quarter.

It's not an inside joke.

We've apparently come full circle. Horse armor DLC was a "scandal" that plagued Bethesda's development and DLC for TES IV Oblivion in 2005. There was overpriced horse armor... and that's it. It didn't really do anything except make the fans mad. ZOS knows this and who can blame them for joking about it? I wouldn't make horse armor if I was them. That's just asking for it.

Personally, I think it's hilarious... also makes me feel a little old when I realize this was eleven years ago and people are so unaware of it they think it's an "inside joke" instead of an internet scandal/meme sensation. :p
    "M'aiq knows much, and tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
    ―M'aiq the Liar
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The level of effort for customized mount armor would be quite a bit, but I'm sure there is money to be made so they are most likely considering it.

There are guar, cat, bear, camel, and wolf shapes that would also have to be considered for each motif...

If they just did mount saddle/armor dying then I would be pretty happy.

Playing since beta...
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild tabard on it or something. Seems so plain now the way it is currently.