The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Returning player - some questions

xalepos
xalepos
✭✭
Good evening,

I've just reinstalled ESO. I loved it when it first came out, played beta, bought game, played lots. For various RL reasons I had to put it on the shelf for a while, but I have some time on my hands now and was wanting to get back into it. I have some questions if ya'll do not mind answering:
1. I was part of some good trading guilds when I was playing and loved that part of this game. But now, how important is money in end game and how easy is it to come by?
2. I think my highest character is V8 and I am reading that they are removing vet ranks and turning it into CP. I am obviously behind the curve at this point. How bad is it for me to "catch up" to at least be viable in pve or pvp?
3. I did buy Orsinium, but I do not have any of the other DLC's and I may not be picking them up anytime soon. (reason for time on my hands is that I am temporarily unemployed) Are the DLC's necessary for crafting mats or gear, trading, etc? If so, which ones should I be getting first?
4. I enjoy pvp. How is it now?

Thanks
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xalepos wrote: »
    1. I was part of some good trading guilds when I was playing and loved that part of this game. But now, how important is money in end game and how easy is it to come by?
    If you want to have the newest gear in legendary quality the moment it comes out then money can be important, otherwise you can normally make do with just enough to keep purchasing consumables. It's worth getting into a good trade guild still (one with a merchant in Craglorn or one of the capitals) and just sell any materials or drops you don't need.
    2. I think my highest character is V8 and I am reading that they are removing vet ranks and turning it into CP. I am obviously behind the curve at this point. How bad is it for me to "catch up" to at least be viable in pve or pvp?
    The catch up is still a grind as you're looking at 300k/400k per CP at later levels, however these can be earned by just playing. If you're a good player using a good build then CP isn't as important but will make you stronger as you gain them.
    For PvP there are non CP campaigns where you can play on even footing until you gain more CP if you find you're struggling for that reason.
    3. I did buy Orsinium, but I do not have any of the other DLC's and I may not be picking them up anytime soon. (reason for time on my hands is that I am temporarily unemployed) Are the DLC's necessary for crafting mats or gear, trading, etc? If so, which ones should I be getting first?
    The DLC are not required for base materials as Cyrodiil has scaled materials, although with Orsinium you have the same there. Each of the DLC adds new armour sets specific to them which are a mix of BoE/BoP. Imperial City has two of the hardest group dungeons in the game, thieves guild has a trial (not sure if that was DLC exclusive or base game patch).
    4. I enjoy pvp. How is it now?
    Not good. The main campaigns are laggy and the meta is to stack all damage. If you don't enjoy large scale wars then avoid the busy campaigns as they're still "zerg ruled"
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • freedom3128
    Regardless if you do not have the dlc content, the game is patched with the new scaling and changes to skills. If you are looking for a trading guild I would recommend The Golden Drake Trading Company. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/259135/trade-rp-the-golden-drake-trade-company#latest

They are a new guild and are open to all pacts in the NA PS4 servers. And if you need assistance with grinding feel free to contact me. I am on almost every night for a few hours and I am always farming or gaining CP.

Hope this helps.
    American server, Breton Templar healer/support, PSN ID: freedom3128