The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why am I getting grouped via the dungeon finder with incomplete groups?

Zyrlux
Zyrlux
✭✭
Second time it's happened in a row and it's getting frustrating cause we are always missing either the tank, a healer or BOTH DPS. Why is this a thing? If there's not enough people, don't start the queue!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the group forms, you may have someone leave immediately without noticing maybe. Some people will queue up and hope it's the daily pledge and leave if it's not or perhaps leave if it's WGT or ICP due to difficulty. This may be what you're seeing. If you mean the group forms up with only 3 people then that's not something I've seen. My groups always form with 4.
  • Zyrlux
    Zyrlux
    ✭✭
    Like when the group forms before even teleporting to the dungeon when it shows on the side, it's only me and either 1 or 2 other people. It doesn't even appear that someone joined and then left. The third time we got a full group and then the tank went offline (Which is a whole new level of hatred for that particular human being.)
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its a bit of a crapshoot right now. The problem is there is no penalty for dropping group. So people leave for whatever reason and requeue. Also if leader goes AFK or DCs, there's nothing you can do but wait or drop group.

There's so much simple stuff Zenimax can do to fix this but they haven't yet. I think some changes are coming with new patch/DLC, but it won't address all the issues with this system.

For now best thing to do if you wanna run a random is group up with 1 or 2 other people before going into Random, this way you're going to get a leader that wont disband/ditch group.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSock wrote: »
    Yeah its a bit of a crapshoot right now. The problem is there is no penalty for dropping group. So people leave for whatever reason and requeue. Also if leader goes AFK or DCs, there's nothing you can do but wait or drop group.

There's so much simple stuff Zenimax can do to fix this but they haven't yet. I think some changes are coming with new patch/DLC, but it won't address all the issues with this system.

For now best thing to do if you wanna run a random is group up with 1 or 2 other people before going into Random, this way you're going to get a leader that wont disband/ditch group.

@LordSock Just so you are aware (although sounds like you know there are changes but not sure what they are) Zos is adding a penalty for dropping group. You will not be able to re-queue for 15 minutes. As well, group leaders will not be able to kick anyone from the group - it will take a majority vote to kick someone.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair I don't think it's just a user error issue. I mean, yeah people jumping in and out of the queue is undoubtedly a factor but the LFG tool has been acting really wonky since about March. I've been having issues not only with it forming incomplete 2 man groups, but also over sized 5-7 man groups on a fairly frequent basis.
    Edited by Fruitmass on May 25, 2016 10:12PM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    @MissBizz

Good to hear about the changes! Personally, the random PUG's were great training ground for me as a grew up my Healer.
    Tough sometimes, but really worth it to learn how different classes work, what support they need, etc. And I've made some good friends along the way.

A question. Will the system be able to determine if someone gets DC'd as opposed to 'dropping group?'
    Often just "picking up the pledges" in the big tree gets you 99% of the time in the AD area.

It would be a huge pain if the system saw that as 'dropping group' and then forced a penalty on them.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @heyewe when you are disconnected you don't actually leave the group, you are just shown as offline. So when you log back in you will still be in the group. Of you were experiencing otherwise I'm thinking a group leader may have been kicking you out when you appeared offline rather than giving you a couple minutes to log in.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. That was my understanding.

I was just curious if the system knew you didn't leave group if you got disconnected.

I will assume that you need to actually "leave group" then in order for the penalty to apply.

And that communication will be key with random groups so that folks give others a moment to relog if they were disconnected. That'll be interesting...since most PUG's I've been in on Xbox recently don't even bother coming to chat.
  • abreen28
    abreen28
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy to hear about the penalty and not being able to just kick without a vote. I'm sick and tired of getting kicked as soon as I load in because of my level I'm told.
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubs gon be scrubs yo.
    Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
    Fear Over The Internet = Priceless.
    Correcting Ego's Since 03'
    NA > EU