The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

NB Power Extraction morph

xylena
xylena
✭✭✭✭✭
This ability needs to be buffed on par with its sister morph Sap Essence... at least change the damage type to Physical/Disease like the other NB stamina morphs if not adding some other utility (like lifesteal) to it. As it is, the necessity of Momentum to stamina builds renders the Major Brutality buff redundant on 98% of builds.
Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1. It's true.
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been covered in several other threads. Including the official NB feedback thread. But yes, I think it must have been an oversight not to change this ability to disease damage. Or they are working on it currently.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it needs to be changed to disease damage and have a dot component or something added to it. Major defile would be fun but most likely over powered :p
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, this skill should be redesigned completely.

I highly dislike spending 500 weapon damage potions daily, so could we maybe - please - get a way to buff ourselves with Major Brutality, without having to become some FOTM 2H user?

Yes, there's Flying Blade for DW but... if I run Bow/DW, why on earth would I slot another ranged skill on the DW bar? Nor does it allow you to buff yourself before fight like potions or Rally.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't matter if they change the damage type or not . Steel Tornado will be used whatever the damage of Power Extraction is . Because of the Execute effect on it . Power Extraction needs something like that . Something unique to be even comparable to Steel Tornado . Not Major Brutality or something like that . Something unique . Maybe that Lifesteal buff for everyone in group . Also increased damage .
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if they change the damage type or not . Steel Tornado will be used whatever the damage of Power Extraction is . Because of the Execute effect on it . Power Extraction needs something like that . Something unique to be even comparable to Steel Tornado . Not Major Brutality or something like that . Something unique . Maybe that Lifesteal buff for everyone in group . Also increased damage .

I get your point and it is valid, however not everyone uses dual wield or steel tornado. There needs to be variation. I think the best out come would be a player based AoE which ticks for disease damage and possibly granting you major brutality.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    making it disease damage would (imo) put it on par with sap. ya PE gives you a 20% bonus to both weapon damage and spell damage, but who cares? if you're using PE then obviously the only thing you want from it is the weapon damage. getting a buff to a stat you wouldn't be using anyways doesn't make it competitive to the morph that gives you a decent heal. If it did disease damage (like the other NB ability stam morphs) then it would make it comparative. you may not get a heal like the other morph but at least it would defile (that's if they didn't change disease damage from defiling) reducing the healing of your enemies.

just my thought
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like what your saying but i think i would approach the situation differently.

Heres what i would like to see done to Power Exraction:
    -Change the ability to Disease/Poison/Physical damage. Which ever makes more sense.

-[NEW]: Instead of granting Major Brutality i would actually want this ability to remove Major Brutality/Sorcery from your opponents. This would match the name of the ability "power extraction".

The reason i would much rather power extraction take away power from your enemy rather then buffing your own is because i would like to see something different. Everyone talks about a replacement for rally but it reality, 2h buff bar will always remain. Most stamina nightblade's will be using it regardless because of the heal it provides and major brutality buffing from stealth. It really does suck to be forced to use 2h this way but its what we have to deal with. I play a stamina nightblade, i get it.

Power Extraction is also something that i do not think could ever replace Steel Tornado either. So i would much rather create an ability for bruiser/tank stamina nightblade's that could debuff other players damage. I don't want to see Power Extraction become a Steel Tornado or SAP Essence Clone. This could be a great AoE for 1H/S + 2H nightblades if the change i suggested got implemented.

I also do not think Power Extraction should mimic Sap Essence healing because you would be treading into SAP TANK identity which should remain a magicka thing.

Picture this:
    >You are a Nightblade Bruiser with high health and stamina.
    >You are using 1 hand + shield.
    >You see a huge group of enemy's approaching your group.
    >You then Jump in to the enemy group.
    >You place down Bolstering Darkness down for reduced damage by 60%
    >You start drawing a ton of attention
    >You start using Power Extraction while blocking
    >You start using Mass Hysteria a couple times
    >Everyone is dealing very little damage to you as you debuff everyones damage
    >Your group then comes in killing everyone

This is the kind of situation i would love to see.

If anyone has any thoughts on the changes i have suggested please feel free to quote me. I'm all for discussion about this particular ability.

@Wrobel I'd like to see what you think about the change's i've listed here.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on May 1, 2016 4:56AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I highly dislike spending 500 weapon damage potions daily, so could we maybe - please - get a way to buff ourselves with Major Brutality, without having to become some FOTM 2H user?

Yes, there's Flying Blade for DW but... if I run Bow/DW, why on earth would I slot another ranged skill on the DW bar? Nor does it allow you to buff yourself before fight like potions or Rally.

Pots will always be an integral part of any end game build. That's just how it is, nothing to do there.
    It doesn't matter if they change the damage type or not . Steel Tornado will be used whatever the damage of Power Extraction is. Because of the Execute effect on it.

This guys, even if they swap it to poison or disease I'd never take it over Steel Tornado. And if they give something else to it, it very well might be too strong. We'll be on a dominant position next patch, yes there are some skills that it would be fun if they can give them some more utility but we don't actually need them. I'd be every happy if they just fix the Assassin's Scourge procc.

@GreenSoup2HoT That's a great Idea Soup. Tanks definitely need more skills aimed particularly to them.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on May 1, 2016 5:17AM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @sAnn92 You may want to consider the change i proposed above. Something different but could be very pretty nice.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @sAnn92 You may want to consider the change i proposed above. Something different but could be very pretty nice.

Agreed . Instead of a AOE damage skill , it could be redesigned as a tanking utility . For example , AOE Minor Maim or AOE snare or something that buffs everyone in group with Lifesteal . More like a support / tanking skill .
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5589513.jpg
    Edited by Ajax_22 on May 1, 2016 6:12AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. The morph is terrible.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed . Instead of a AOE damage skill , it could be redesigned as a tanking utility . For example , AOE Minor Maim or AOE snare or something that buffs everyone in group with Lifesteal . More like a support / tanking skill .

It could be the first ability in game to have Major Maim. That would be great. The damage should remain though. I personally think the Major Brutality is not needed, taking other players major buffs away... now that would be something.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on May 1, 2016 7:52AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major maim would make it too OP. Add an AoE minor maim just like choking talon of DK is more reasonable. And instead of AoE root like talon, maybe an AoE slow.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on May 1, 2016 1:29PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »

Pots will always be an integral part of any end game build. That's just how it is, nothing to do there.

I was talking more from the perspective of PvP.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    making it disease damage would (imo) put it on par with sap. ya PE gives you a 20% bonus to both weapon damage and spell damage, but who cares? if you're using PE then obviously the only thing you want from it is the weapon damage. getting a buff to a stat you wouldn't be using anyways doesn't make it competitive to the morph that gives you a decent heal. If it did disease damage (like the other NB ability stam morphs) then it would make it comparative. you may not get a heal like the other morph but at least it would defile (that's if they didn't change disease damage from defiling) reducing the healing of your enemies.

just my thought

The chance to proc defile is only 15% and even the defile done is 15%. That is not something any body would take over Steel Tornado