The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Speed Hacking

hammayolettuce
hammayolettuce
✭✭✭✭✭
This has been around since beta and died out for a while with many of the players leaving the game but it seems some people who used to never do it are doing it now and then some new players as well are doing it. Obviously I'm not going to explain how it is done, but it's incredibly simple and if zos still doesn't know how it's done after 2 years feel free to send me a message.

I'm just hoping that things like this can be addressed eventually as having run speed all the time is kind of redic.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler
Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
DARFAL COVANT
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well all you need to do is have all med armor passives unlocked( or just some/the right ones) ,craft med armor with percent sprint speed whatever its called on each piece, CP points into stam regen and stam reduction cost, ,highest stam regen drink , stam regen on jewelry and your off to the races, only thing is your other stats suffer badly but its possible without a "hack" as you say. This may change with the new trait change in DB though. Then if you want to be super speedy , use dual wield blade cloak morph 30 percent increase in sprint speed, then if you can find the right Foirds 5 sets pieces lowbie gear add 15 percent on to that.But you will lose a few of the traits on your crafted gear (4) to fit fiords in the mix which is 4 med plus one ring or 2 rings and 3 med. Although Fiords maybe bugged atm /not working.

But i guess you know of a actual hack that I am not aware of.
    Edited by Reevster on April 30, 2016 7:18PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's what she's saying.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need to do is use the search. There is an actual speed-hack exploit that has been around since beta.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    rolleyes.gif
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well all you need to do is have all med armor passives unlocked( or just some/the right ones) ,craft med armor with percent sprint speed whatever its called on each piece, CP points into stam regen and stam reduction cost, ,highest stam regen drink , stam regen on jewelry and your off to the races, only thing is your other stats suffer badly but its possible without a "hack" as you say. This may change with the new trait change in DB though. Then if you want to be super speedy , use dual wield blade cloak morph 30 percent increase in sprint speed, then if you can find the right Foirds 5 sets pieces lowbie gear add 15 percent on to that.But you will lose a few of the traits on your crafted gear (4) to fit fiords in the mix which is 4 med plus one ring or 2 rings and 3 med. Although Fiords maybe bugged atm /not working.

Any bug/hacks, could easily be reported if the official forums would allow the players to explain in detail hows it done via text or video without fear of a ban.

Till then it becomes a "tin-foil" hat hot-potato argument merry-go round.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah like others have said this is not something you can do in game through gear. It is an actual hack and its pretty crazy its been around since beta.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    All you need to do is use the search. There is an actual speed-hack exploit that has been around since beta.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    rolleyes.gif

Never said it didn't exist , just that i didn't know about it lol, plus i don't want to know about it...good way to get your self baned. ;)
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    REPORT THEM!

Even if Zenimax has a department filled with very skilled people dedicated to anti-hacking, they are always having to react to what hackers are doing. Just because a public hack worked a year ago doesn't mean it works now. It's more likely that hack doesn't and if you try using you will be busted. What is almost 100% certain is the hackers found a new way not to be detected.

So reporting those players helps Zenimax figure out who is cheating, and what they are doing to get around their current catch method.
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Any bug/hacks, could easily be reported if the official forums would allow the players to explain in detail hows it done via text or video without fear of a ban.

One can always send a mail via the forums to a ZOS person and share the text / Video.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »

One can always send a mail via the forums to a ZOS person and share the text / Video.

True and no doubt of its effective use as I was assured by official ZOS staff how scary the amount of info is sent to them via this route.

The community does has a knack for holding a record of some of these bugs. Especially if they can publish an independant video as both a report and to teach players about how the hacks are done. Through this, they can then better identify players that do bend the rules and give ZOS the incentive to punish those exploiters since the information is out in the open.

It's an argument that states, free flow of information/news is better than hiding/controlling this media. Better to embrace it than have incognito info distributed via guilds with the sole intention of using the exploits in play.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭

The community does has a knack for holding a record of some of these bugs. Especially if they can publish an independant video as both a report and to teach players about how the hacks are done. Through this, they can then better identify players that do bend the rules and give ZOS the incentive to punish those exploiters since the information is out in the open.

I would not do this. I am for posting videos of exploits like when the Mundus Stone exploit was being used. But posting a video of how to hack the game will surely get you banned. Not because you tried to hack the game personally but to protect stupid people from following your instruction. In the interest of their profit, they will easily ban you before having to ban 100 stupid people.

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not do this. I am for posting videos of exploits like when the Mundus Stone exploit was being used. But posting a video of how to hack the game will surely get you banned. Not because you tried to hack the game personally but to protect stupid people from following your instruction. In the interest of their profit, they will easily ban you before having to ban 100 stupid people.

Like i said im not creating and sending anything unless a ZOS employee contacts me and ill let them know how its been done since beta.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a bug happen when i casted blade cloak once, i was permanently faster until i mounted. Talk about owning that wb spammer i fought while it happened though it was hilarious.
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    you all either playing dumb or cant use google.

@op. I doubt anything will be done about this. its been in game since closed beta

edited to remove specific instructions to find video
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 1, 2016 3:04PM
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ Self-proclaimed Best Player in the game ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭

Like i said im not creating and sending anything unless a ZOS employee contacts me and ill let them know how its been done since beta.

Hmm...why stop at just a contact? Try to get yourself a free mount of something. :) playin'

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe not hack. Exploits yes.
    But let's face it, many people probably already googled "ESO hacks" to find some. Might as well lift the veil and pinpoint the areas that allow it to happen withZOS sealing the cracks behind the hood.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion the only way you are going to get it fixed sooner rather than later is to just broadcast the exploit and let everyone give it a shot so zos will notice it sooner and start working on an ETA for a fix. Seems to be the only way zos would find the motivation to fix something is if it's well publicised and commonly used which renders pvp even more unplayable than it mostly is.

Edit: if anyone is worried about posting the stuff or being banned feel free to message me with the details and I will post it myself :)
    Edited by LegendaryChef on May 4, 2016 1:18AM
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    many people probably already googled "ESO hacks"

I did this and just got cats.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • TheMachineKiller
    TheMachineKiller
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if Asgari or Snu...
    Vehemence
    Solo Extraordinaire
      Miss Machine - AD Wolfskull - DC Ok Cool - DC Wheremigoin - DC
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭

wut
    Edited by HenryIvan on May 4, 2016 2:55PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep Fraps loaded in the background while in Cyrodil . If I see something strange I turn it on and record some footage . Then instead of assuming it's a hack or an exploit , post the video and just ask if someone can explain what's going on . It saves players from unwarranted accusations and gives the game masters the most informative a player can provide without disrupting the community or creating a witch hunt .

In the past , If I know how a exploit works I will message a community lead and ask permission to make a video re creating it on the test server when it's open . Just some suggestions .
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear here again, i am not referring to something you can build through in game gear/ passives, etc. I am 100% referring to an actual hack. If you have been around since PC beta you may or may not know about it. It was very popular back in the early days of ESO and died off as many of those players who used it left.

However, it now seems there is a resurgence in the use with it and those using it arent aware how obvious it is. Watching mDKs move like they have always dreamed of is funny but sad at the same time.

Ill assume that zos not wanting to take the time to address this, that its something they simply cant fix.

DARFAL COVANT
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you all either playing dumb or cant use google.

@op. I doubt anything will be done about this. its been in game since closed beta

edited to remove specific instructions to find video
    Lol, this ^ what ZOS does.... why fix or acknowledge a problem when you can just hide it?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it's a 3rd party hack program that's doing it that ZOS haven't managed to find yet. Having scoured the internet for it, that's the only solution I can find for doing this hack which I ain't touching with a 10 mile barge pole.

At this point if ZOS haven't banned the use of an external program they can easily detect, it's not going to make much difference if the community brings their attention to it and how it's used.
    The Legendary Nothing